The Better Half's ** Split 451**

Asymmetric 451

Here is a little project that is a simple Plug & play Tactic. Attached you will find 2 Tactics. One called TBH SPLIT 451 MR version and this is the one described in the post. The other one is called "ML" version and is the mirror of the first one. If you use the "Mirrored", then the flow and the roles will be the other way around

You dont "switch" between the tactics other than to suit your actuall squad and the settings are exactly the same

Updated for 13.2.3

DOWNLOAD LINK, CLICK ME

spurs451.png

SHOUTS

Dont use them. As most of the settings have been tweaked, the shouts will either have no effect or will only effect half of whats intended, meaning that the tactic will be disrupted.

THE TACTIC

We are playing a counter attack based approach within a 2 formation approach. On the left side, we play a Deep 4231 and on the right side, it’s a Flat 4411/442. This way, I get to use my players where they do the most damage

Left side

Here, the buildup consists in a Winger that awaits the support of a Smart and aggressive DMC with a supporting Wingback providing width. The AMC provides movement by his moving into channels.

Right side.

Here, we have a holding MC that plays t-balls into channels down the flanks onto our Winger providing width. The FC is playing as an advanced FC with the support of an AMC that is stretching the defense. The fullback is one that stays back and acts both cover and an easy passing option for the MC and the winger

Both sides put together

By using this split formation, we give ourselves the opportunity to have many dimension in our build up. We can play a direct ball onto our FC, we can play a possession based approach and drag the opponents on to us by using triangles in midfield. We have the width with our MR and left Wingback ( in the DL position). We have crosses from both left and right and we have people taking runs from both the left, right and the center

If the opponents sit deep, the right side is more likely to be able to drag the opponent onto us and if they play aggressive and push up, then the left side can easily retain possession in an advanced position whilst still having cover by the DMC if losing the ball.

Naturally, the flow of the game will depend on the quality and preferred moves of your players but regardless of opponent, it gives you the chance to dominate the area of the pitch where you beat them in quality using this multi dimension approach.

In short, it’s a good approach if wanting to stretch the opponent sideways and be able to overload every area of the field

The Flow

Here we have a build up on the left side. Our MC has the ball ansd can either use the left flank or switch the ball to the right where loads and loads of space is found. Also notice the way that we have dragged Arsenals team apart, leaving a big whole in the middle.

leftbuildup.png

We decide to switch flank onto our MR

leftbuildup2.png

Our Winger can now either huge the touchline and cross or try to get inside ( he choses this). As you can see, he has lost of passing options. He can use a pass & move option or run with the ball and put it into channels into our FC

leftbuildup3.png

Here, he has dribbled forward and puts the ball into channels onto our FC that slots it home into the far corner

leftbuildup4.png

Here is another buildup and you can see that the formation now looks more like a flat 442. Our DMC has lots of passing options

442flow.png

As we use the left flank, our formation is now a 253. Oour AML can either go inside or play a overlap with our Wingback

442flowinto253.png

As he goes inside, the formation is now a 235, Just look at the whole in the middle where he will pace the ball into

442flowinto235.png

Here is an attack that IS NOT a counter attack. The build up is along the right flank and as you see, the formation is more of an 4132

forestform4132.png

MATCH PREP

I tend to use Defensive positioning when playing counter attack( as in this tactic)

but if the opponents have scored many goals from corners, or If I see our best

chance from these, I go with Set Pieces ( defensive,

attacking)

TRAINING

It would highly depend on the players but the

stats posted in the OP are those that I find important for the roles. Along with

those, I use the Standard setup.

GETTING MANY CARDS

If you see that a player with a yellow card has been playing poorly and getting out of his defensive position, then tell him to be mire careful in the 2nd half. If you see a player un the verge of getting his 2nd yellow, then dont be afraid to sub him, especially if he is " aggressive or frustrated" . As for red cards, always tell them in the team talk that you did not like it and fine him with 1 weeks pay. This is a pretty good way of stopping a floodgate scenario.

OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS

I have NOT used any at all....but..

...in the past, I have mainly used these, regardless of tactic

Single FC without AMC support – Close Down/Always

Nervous and Anxious Players – Hard Tackling, Show into weak foot

Elegant DLPlaymaker – Tight Mark, Close Down and Weaker Foot

PLAYING WITH 10 MEN

Here, I sub the AML and bring one a new player/move players to play in the position of the sent off player. I also put the AMCcenter in AMCleft and push up the FBleft into the WBleft so the formation looks like the one in the screenshot below

spurs45110men.png

PLAYERS

Below, you see the description of the players along with some screens of the recommended stats. Whilst these players are not set exactly to these roles, its the closest in stats I can come when loading up screenshots. So look in the description to see what kind of player to use and look in the screens for important stats

The Balanced and determined squad

You don't need quality players to use this approach. What you do need is a balanced squad. Enough players that have the stamina to use this high press system, players with team and work rate, some quick players, enough " tall" players so you avoid conceding too many set pieces etc etc. All in all, a TEAM, not just a group of players. As in all Teams, you need players that want to win, players that are up for the challenge and can pull themselves together when the going gets tough and players that can handle the pressure of suddenly being a favorite. If you combine all this, then you can win the Champions League with players of a much lesser "quality" and " rating" then Barca etc. Naturally you can still get good results without these traits but to win the CL, its crucial

If anyone has some players that have been working superbly in any of these "roles", please tell me and I will make a list in the Opening post under every position

FORWARD

In his settings, he will act like a Advanced FC. If he likes to move into channels and play one-twos, then the latter will bring one more dimension to the flow. When playing with underdogs and are more likely to launch quick counter attacks, an quick goalscorer is best used but when playing middle teams and top teams, then a more complete player that likes to link up with play is better used..

PPMs: Comes deep to get ball, Plays one-twos, Moves into channels

AMC

This is your second striker and he should be up there with the FC in box when seing fit. Here, we are talking about a AMC/FC, why not a retrained supporting striker. Its important that he does not like to come deep and dictate the tempo etc. Best used is a player like Gerrard, Lampard in their glory days. A more complete player that is ironed willed and really wants to win. If having a player like Aguero, Rooney, Tevez, they are perfect IF YOU UNLEARN their comes deep to get the ball ppm

PPMS: Try killer balls, gets forward, arrives late in area, runs through center with the ball

AML

You can use both inside Forwards and wingers out wide. The main tning here is that his ppms actually matches his preferences so if using an inside forward that likes to cut inside, the make sure he has good agility, dribbling, acceleration and finishing. If he likes to run down the left flank, then make sure he has good crossing

PPMs

Inside Forward: Cut inside, Gets into the area, places shots

Winger with good dribbling: Runs down the left flank, hugs touchline

Winger with lesser dribbling but with pace and acceleration: Knock ball past opponent

MR

Here we have the classic English Winger. He hugs the touchline and makes crosses as qwell as getting into the area when the ball is on the other flank. As we play a rather fluid approach, a player like Seb Larsson, Milner etc is better used than Nasri. In short, a B2B winger

PPMS: Runs with ball down flank, knock ball past opponent, arrives late inside the area.

MC

This player acts like a Deep Lying Playmaker on support and the more complete he is in his role, being able to use his flair and creativity as well as breaking up attacks, the better it is.

PPMS: Try killer balls, comes deep to get the ball, dictates tempo

DMC

As written earlier, he is a more complete DMC/MC, like a box2box starting from the DMC position. He needs to be able to cover large areas running up and down the field so stamina is a must. Otherwise, you will see him having 60 % condition before the game is at end

PPMS: Nothing special. Just make sure he IS NOT acting like a DPL, NOT having dwells on ball, dictates tempo etc.

DR

This player is set to be really defensive so he should NOT have attacking PPMs. As he holds up the ball, he needs good decision and concentration

PPMS: Nothing special

DL

The more attacking fullback. He needs to be able to beat his man and make a cross, as well as get back into position after losing out in possession

PPMS: Runs down the left flank, switches flank, knocks ball past opponent

DC

Here, its all about getting as good defenders as possible

PPMS: Nothing special

fcamc.png

mcdc.png

RESULTS

Tottenham 2013/14: By Jim-Beam Destroying the opponents

Juventus: By Helmut

East Grinstead in the Sussex County League (level 9): By RedBlueEagle

Swansea 2012/13: By bellynufc Winner EPL

Newcastle 2012/13: By La Fey Winners EPL

Liverpool 2012/13: By 3jNick Winner EPL

Liverpool 2012/13: By MarinmarinOv Winner EPL

Bayer M 2026/27: By Raid On Destroying the world

Swansea 2012/2013

Rayo: By Irabbot

Everton 2012-2014: By komplexvn Winner EPL

Arsenal 2012/13: By Jamie P Winner EPL

Amiens: By Hck80 Promoted

San Marino: By Marious Promoted

Napoli 2012-14: By 3jnick 2x Serie A + CL Winners

Bordeaux 2012/13: By Intensa Winners

resu.png

90barca.png

very good tactic , i won uefa cup without transfer first season..My team is Trabzonspor..League i finished 5.

hwhkv.jpg

i5n485.jpg

F.A.Q

Is this suited for Poor teams or heavy underdogs ?

- Probably not as its pretty demanding. Mind you, I did well with Wigan

I am playing FMC, can I use this ?

- No, as its in the Classic mode

What Match prep ar you using ?

- It depends on my players and the opponent I am facing BUT i do like to use Defensive positioning.

Are you using any playmaker or Target men ?

- No, I am not

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you tried a mirror of this formation? My squad my could possibly suit it the other way round
ahould work if u mirror it urself, saw formation and it suited my boro team,im on classic altho so i did it in tc, using my interpetion.. counter, very fluid zonal short passing, rest on default, roles dm s dlp d dw a am s if a and adv f a, was winless 3-4 games in, only tried one game,and seriously ripped bolton apart, winning easy 3-0 60 - 40 possession

ahould work if u mirror it urself, saw formation and it suited my boro team,im on classic altho so i did it in tc, using my interpetion.. counter, very fluid zonal short passing, rest on default, roles dm s dlp d dw a am s if a and adv f a, was winless 3-4 games in, only tried one game,and seriously ripped bolton apart, winning easy 3-0 60 - 40 possession

Haha KK, have you gone 18 again, using txt :)

Have you tried a mirror of this formation? My squad my could possibly suit it the other way round

Yes I have. Just remember to do it properly, mirroring ALL players, even the DCs

This version using an AML and à MR is the most Common, hence I used this one in the upload.

HI just a quick one i have tried this tactic with arsenal and leicester city played 10 games so far arsenal won 9 draw 1 but leicester won 1 draw 7 lost 2 so it seems to be working with

a bigger club so far

Well, its the players rather than the team. As the Tactic is A specific approach, you need to have players suitable for it. Perhaps Leicester dont ?

This tactic is amazing guys trust me was on 12 game unbeaten run till just played arsenal, was 2-0 till had a player sent off and another go off injured and still managed a draw. Next match was straight back on winning trail:D

Thats great- What team are you playing with ? Would you care to post a screen of your fixrures/results ?

Cheers

Im very tempted to try this on my benfica save, just some question's, any tips regarding pre-season and training roles? what about default focus for match preparation and general training?

Match Prep:

I tend to use Defensive positioning when playing counter attack but if the opponents have scored many goals from corners, or If I see our best chance from these, I go with Set Pieces ( defensive, attacking)

Training:

It would highly depend on the players but the stats posted in the OP are those that I find important for the roles. Along with those, I use the Standard setup.

Great ! What team are you using ?

Sorry to hear that. In my save, I have had really good results with Juve.

I am using this as my back up tactic and smashed Man City 4-0 with it and I am Derby in season 3. You should beat Cagliari with Juve 9 times out of 10 even with a default 4-4-2 tactic. Are you playing a striker in goal?

Sorry to hear that. In my save, I have had really good results with Juve.

Well i don't know about you but i did sixteen restarts on two games, and didn't win any of it.The games are with Siena(20) and Genoa(19)

Liverpool season four. Running a tight budget and developing youngsters. Currently on a 16 game win streak in the PL. Very unexpected, becuse I sold off many players during the summer. Scoring plenty of goals also! Should maybe upload a pic (if i knew how) to make this more credible...

Cheers mate, great tac!

Liverpool season four. Running a tight budget and developing youngsters. Currently on a 16 game win streak in the PL. Very unexpected, becuse I sold off many players during the summer. Scoring plenty of goals also! Should maybe upload a pic (if i knew how) to make this more credible...

Cheers mate, great tac!

Just upload it here

http://imageshack.us/

Sorry but your tactic is crap!Just got thrashed by Atalanta.First shot on target in the 43 minute.The squad is the original Juve's plus Nani and Llorente.The morale is pretty high too.

Just as sorry I am that you feel that way, just as glaad am I that most others have great results with it.

Archived