Morale - How are you finding it in FMC?

Morale - How are you finding it in FMC?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Morale - How are you finding it in FMC?

• Morale is great I love it, what you talking about?
    • Morale is great, it's okay
    • Morale is always great but I'm not enjoying it
    • Morale is sometimes good, sometimes bad, love it
    • Morale is sometimes good, sometimes bad, it's okay
    • Morale is sometimes good, sometimes bad, not enjoying it
    • Morale is low more often than not, but I enjoy the challenge
    • Morale is a low a lot, but I don't mind
    • Morale is always too low, I really can't cope
    • Don't even play Football Manager Classic!

• Administrators

Just a quick poll and looking to get some feedback on how some of you are finding in Morale in FMC.

I hear some of you are having difficulty with losing matches and feel that morale is affecting your ability to turn things around?

As for myself, I'm 7 seasons into my own save game now, and in my most recent season I've had difficulties with form and morale to an extent. I'm relegation candidates but for most of the first half of the season, I was struggling in the bottom 4 of La Liga with Palencia. I've tended to resort to more conservative tactics when I'm being overwhelmed, whether through Shouts or Formation, and it can usually contribute to good form or help to stop a rot. Saying that, the formation/tactics I resort to are my backup tactics, so I have a 442 (what I prefer to use when on form), 4141 and 4411, which I use depending on the game. I occasionally make little tweaks to my player roles in those formations as well, depending on the game that I'm playing. It works for me, it can be challenging but it's fun.

I'm interested though in hearing about your experiences, tell me if you've had issues with it or even not at all. If you've tried to change things, I'd be interested to know what, and have some example save games to look at as well so I can see what you're experiencing. You can post issue saves here, and upload saves to our FTP.

Let me know, thanks

I don't feel I have enough hands on experience of the morale, particularly low morale, in FMC to comment on this yet. However, from the games I've watched and lost I think poor tactical choices on my own behalf are the main culprit.

I've just started a game as Oxford City in the Blue Square North as they are a local team. I'm predicted 2nd bottom and have started like a team destined to go down with a point to show from 3 games. So I'll let you know how I get on and if I think morale is an issue or not.

I am really struggling with morale in my saves. once I have a couple of bad results I find it extremely difficult to turn it around. the only way I have managed to raise morale with a couple of players is to play the reserves in a friendly match midweek and beat them 4-0 or higher. however this only generally raises the morale of the players who actually score a goal, and leads to fatigue/ injuries (not to mention time wasted playing real matches). i havent found any other way to raise morale other than winning matches consistently (which is extremely difficult as a relegation battler anyway).

I believe morale has been the culprit for me (rather than tactics) in quite a few games as my strikers miss several very good chances and defenders make mistakes leading to goals. unfortunately my laptop has just crashed and I have lost the whole save so cant upload the pkms. once i start a new save I will try and do so.

in full fat mode i used to use team talks and player interaction very regularly to praise/ criticise players for performance. this kept morale up and inspired players, especially for important matches. I am finding it frustrating on FMC as there is no means to do this and strikers just keep missing key chances leading to another loss!! given the lack of manager control i feel morale is a bit overpowered in FMC- i wish i could upload some pkms to get this confirmed but i think they are all lost.

Voted sometimes good sometimes bad but it's okay.

There are times when on a bad run when I'd like to give a rocket up the a**e or an arm round the shoulder. However, it's a compromise I'm willing to make for the overall experience of FMC.

Things like morale (team talks, press, team meetings, individual interactions etc) were some of the most complained about and time consuming features in full FM. Particularly since the (in my opinion) unnecessary addition of the tone system. I really wouldn't like to see these features in their current form added to FMC.

If a morale feature is to be implemented then it would need to be in a different form. Perhaps a slider or drop down in the training area dictating player treatment from say harsh to compassionate.

Perhaps using the discipline for poor performance might be an option, I suspect that if you apply it righht that it may help to get better results and thus improve morale.

worth a try, i hadnt realised you can do that. although fining players in a squad with low morale and no win in 5 games for poor performances surely has the chance to backfire!!? Im playing as relegation battlers with little budget so unfortunately dont have highly professional and determined players who would take a fine on the chin.

Things like morale (team talks, press, team meetings, individual interactions etc) were some of the most complained about and time consuming features in full FM. Particularly since the (in my opinion) unnecessary addition of the tone system. I really wouldn't like to see these features in their current form added to FMC.

Agree with this. However as the manager seems to have little control over morale other than results on the pitch I think the morale module may need adjusting. it may not be a problem for good teams with strong personalities, but it certainly makes life difficult for lower league managers who cant raise the morale of their already flaky players.

I'm interested though in hearing about your experiences, tell me if you've had issues with it or even not at all. If you've tried to change things, I'd be interested to know what, and have some example save games to look at as well so I can see what you're experiencing. You can post issue saves here, and upload saves to our FTP.

I have uploaded a save game to the FTP and posted a thread in the gameplay issues forum regarding this.

i think things like player interaction shoudl remain in FMC. the whole point about FMC is to speed things up and take out the time consuming things like press conferences and team talks.

surely by leaving the player interaction feature in FMC, the user can simply choose to use it or ignore it at their own pleasure.

by having this in the game, would not add any more time to the user as they can simply choose not to use that feature.

i think that is generally my overall view of FMC. any fetaure that does not required the user to read or do anything with, shoudl reamain in the game. this way it will make no difference to playing time as you are not required to action anything additional.

however on the whole im liking FMC

• Administrators
i think things like player interaction shoudl remain in FMC. the whole point about FMC is to speed things up and take out the time consuming things like press conferences and team talks.

surely by leaving the player interaction feature in FMC, the user can simply choose to use it or ignore it at their own pleasure.

by having this in the game, would not add any more time to the user as they can simply choose not to use that feature.

i think that is generally my overall view of FMC. any fetaure that does not required the user to read or do anything with, shoudl reamain in the game. this way it will make no difference to playing time as you are not required to action anything additional.

however on the whole im liking FMC

Player Interaction is still in FMC but there are less types and you only interact when the player goes public. You can treat these unhapinesses before it reaches that stage though.

• Administrators
I find morale swings a bit too much. I manage Helmond in Holland, predicted 12th. I was 1st place after about 8 games, lost one game 3 - 0 and my morale plummeted despite me being 2nd place. Other than that not too much of a problem.

Morale will plummet after a bad defeat but should improve for the next match.

• 4 years later...

Paid £17.99 for this and I’m extremely disappointed about the morale aspect.

As soon as you lose a game, that’s it...

Played the full version since the Championship Manager days, but this seems to be a game breaker for me.

Can I have a refund please.

• Administrators

There isn't really any need to bump a 5 year old thread. If you need help with the game please post your own thread and people can help you.

• Lucas locked this topic

Archived