FM13: Leeds United - Marching On Together

NorthernGooner

i was able to bring in weiss, formica, vanden borre, ruud, kozak(sp?, some striker from lazio with immense heading), david lopez (brighton) tiago gomes, gershon, leonardo. all for very cheap.

If i survive this season without being relegated, defense really needs improving. Any suggestions ?

If i can, and have the money, i plan on bringing in guidetti (on a free), de Bruyne (either on loan or transfer if poss), and gaston ramirez. Might have a look at mirallas from Everton too. Is Benteke any good?

Lets hope i get financial backing for next season

danny wilson from liverpool on loan did well for me

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i was able to bring in weiss, formica, vanden borre, ruud, kozak(sp?, some striker from lazio with immense heading), david lopez (brighton) tiago gomes, gershon, leonardo. all for very cheap.

If i survive this season without being relegated, defense really needs improving. Any suggestions ?

If i can, and have the money, i plan on bringing in guidetti (on a free), de Bruyne (either on loan or transfer if poss), and gaston ramirez. Might have a look at mirallas from Everton too. Is Benteke any good?

Lets hope i get financial backing for next season

Have a look at Stefan Strandberg has been mentioned in earlier posts totally immense for me.

Transfer window of my 2nd season after finishing 1st just finished. Got given just over £10m transfers as follows:

Untitled1.jpg

Southampton were relegated but still couldn't get Clyne and Shaw for any cheaper. Most deals spread across 48 months again, I am hoping this will be the last transfer window I will have to do this.

Leaving me with this squad (additional playing positions in brackets):

GK: Craig Gordon, Stefanos Kapino

CB: Tom Lees, Stefan Strandberg(DMC, CM), Jason Pearce

RB/WBR: Nathaniel Clyne, Sam Byram

LB/WBL: Aidan White, Luke Shaw

DMC: Rudolph Austin(CB, CM)

CM: Oskar Hiljemark, Jonas Svensson(AMC), Leon Goretzka(DMC, AMC), Paul Green(DR, DMC), Ulrik Yttergard Jenssen(CB, DMC, AMC)

AMC: Adryan(CM, ST), Joel Pohjanpalo(ST)

ST: Wellington Nem(AMC), Ademilson(AMC)

Anthony Vanden Borre - Providing can play anywhere in defence or midfield.

Again like last year still a bit worried about depth there's 20 players there which should be enough but Shaw and Jenssen aren't really ready for the premiership yet and neither is Byram to some extent. Depth in CM is probably where I'm lacking as well as maybe another AMC/ST but should have enough players to rotate for those positions.

Ulrik Yttergard Jenssen was a last minute pickup, 17 years old with a current 1 star rating but with a 4 1/2 potential rating. Nem and Ademilson are now rated as Wonderkids since being promoted to the Premiership.

Noel Whelan has just lead a takeover, immediately put £18.75m into the club gave me another £12.75m to spend and now they have started work on improving the training and youth facilities for a cost of £17.5m that will be complete by Feb 2014. Not sure if I could have asked for a better takeover.

Well I'm now through to January in my 5th season and am consolidating a position in the Premier League, currently 9th even though I was expecting to struggle in a relegation battle all season.

20 of my 26 man first team squad are aged 21 or under so I'm confident the squad will only improve, although I'll probably end up discarding about half of them as they won't all make the grade. But hopefully a few more seasons and we should be right up there!

A couple of my best regens:

Young striker whos already banging em in -

SreckoZovko_OverviewAttributes-1.jpg

My first choice on the right wing -

DimitrisDouroumis_OverviewAttributes-1.jpg

Well I'm now through to January in my 5th season and am consolidating a position in the Premier League, currently 9th even though I was expecting to struggle in a relegation battle all season.

20 of my 26 man first team squad are aged 21 or under so I'm confident the squad will only improve, although I'll probably end up discarding about half of them as they won't all make the grade. But hopefully a few more seasons and we should be right up there!

A couple of my best regens:

Young striker whos already banging em in -

SreckoZovko_OverviewAttributes-1.jpg

My first choice on the right wing -

DimitrisDouroumis_OverviewAttributes-1.jpg

Nice regens there Coen! Any tips on finding them this year?

hi fellas, when setting up game at start, to get the brazilians and scandies do you set these as viewable or do you have to select playable ?

Suggest that you use Coen's set up to show them:

Database set to custom, large, with players from top divisions Europe and players with national reputation South America.

However, I alaways add Brazilian players to the custom database for the staff it brings into the game.

Toying with editing the takeover in myself, once we get more details that is.... hmmm

Good luck with the detail :)

On game, I'm finding that Mr Hough's FM13 tactic does not have the same potency post patch. Pity that I bought players for it. I'm going to experiment with other tactics etc.

Good luck with the detail :)

On game, I'm finding that Mr Hough's FM13 tactic does not have the same potency post patch. Pity that I bought players for it. I'm going to experiment with other tactics etc.

My 442 still works quite well - just needs tweaking in certain positions.

Am using Wide Midfielders instead of wingers, FB set to auto, DLF set to support.

Noel Whelan has just lead a takeover, immediately put £18.75m into the club gave me another £12.75m to spend and now they have started work on improving the training and youth facilities for a cost of £17.5m that will be complete by Feb 2014. Not sure if I could have asked for a better takeover.
So after this takeover things have got a bit ridiculace for my 1st season back in the Premiership. Signed Andrea Poli for £20m to come in in January with the funds that the takeover pumped in.

Then as January approaches the club let me change my expectations which I do to Euro Qualification and they give me another £17.5m to spend which I use to bring in Denys Harmash.

Too say its my 1st season back in the Premiership these signings seem far too good to be coming in, a bit unrealisic. Have spent a total of £64m on transfers in this season because of this although alot of this has been spread over 48 months. Sold Green and Austin after the signings of these two.

Have just beaten Tottenham in the League Cup final. My teams far too good for 1st season back in the premiership in my opinion.

Nice regens there Coen! Any tips on finding them this year?

My approach to finding regens is basically just:

- set up search filters for the player roles I want for my tactic (e.g. poacher, deep lying forward, winger etc)

- add a maximum age of 21 or so and then tweak the minimum attribute in the filter until I start to get a few players showing up, generally for the Premier League this means setting attributes at at least 12 or so

- scout the players who show up and try to buy the ones the scouts rate the highest.

And that's pretty much it! The other key thing is to have a good scouting knowledge as that will affect the number of players who are picked up in the searches.

Not all the players I pick up in this way end up being that good, once I've bought them I'll keep an eye on whether or not their attributes are improving to get a feel for which ones seem to have the most potential, I generally find you can spot the ones with high potential pretty easily from looking at the attribute increases so they're the ones that I'll try to introduce to the first team.

- set up search filters for the player roles I want for my tactic (e.g. poacher, deep lying forward, winger etc)

- add a maximum age of 21 or so and then tweak the minimum attribute in the filter until I start to get a few players showing up, generally for the Premier League this means setting attributes at at least 12 or so

- scout the players who show up and try to buy the ones the scouts rate the highest.

And that's pretty much it! The other key thing is to have a good scouting knowledge as that will affect the number of players who are picked up in the searches.

Not all the players I pick up in this way end up being that good, once I've bought them I'll keep an eye on whether or not their attributes are improving to get a feel for which ones seem to have the most potential, I generally find you can spot the ones with high potential pretty easily from looking at the attribute increases so they're the ones that I'll try to introduce to the first team.

Thanks Coen. Interesting comment in particular about monitoring attribute increases.

Season 1 over with, won the league quite easily in the end, although far too many draws and a less than convincing finish. Also got smashed 5-0 by Spurs in the semi final of the FA Cup, at least we got a day out at Wembley.

ChampionshipSeason.png

Transfers looked like this, Sterling was a good loan to rotate on the left wing...Strasser was some guy AC Milan wanted rid of, looks ok for 190k

ChampionshipTransfers.png

So, into the new season and my transfers so far are...

PremTransfers1.png

Still looking light, Strandberg is a replacement for Mancienne (who didn't want to join) and Sinclair will be great on the left. Brittain was a no brainer, I have a DLP at DM position in my away tactic, he will fit the bill brilliantly, also pretty good wages.

I only got £11m for avoiding relegation, so don't have a lot of money left, any advice for a Right full back & a Striker (Not sure Becchio will score enough)...

Well survived my first season in premiership with a poor squad and no.miney, finished 16th. Got a takeover but the guy is as tight as bates. No money again for the start of my second season in the premiership. Its a challenge for sure. Picked up guidetti and jurardo on free transfers though.

Coen do you just use Key stats for the filters?

Coen do you just use Key stats for the filters?

Yep I just use the key attributes that are shown when you select a particular role for a player - so generally there are about 10 or so for any given role.

Which does mean that in the Championship it's hard to find players who are decent in all the required stats who would be prepared to join the club, and you have to play around with the filters a bit to find anyone, but in the Premier League it becomes fairly easy to find young players with around 10-11 in all key attributes, and that's what I use as my starting point.

I'm still in January in the first season.

Going well so far, currently sat in 4th and I'm really enjoying it.

Signing were as follows:

Vanden Borre (free)

Damien Boudjemaa (300k)

Adryan (875k - board sorted this one for me)

Le Fondre (Season loan)

Wescley (Free - January)

Got rid of Connolly, Brown, Rachubka, Somma, A.White, Kisnorbo and Becchio and Rogers in Jan. Also sold the release clause for Howson (with thanks to some other posters in this thread, had no idea you could even do this!)

Le Fondre has been absolutely fantastic - 27 goals in 26(1) games.

Hoping to sneak an automation promotion place :)

Archived