FM13: Celtic - 125 Years Of Unbroken History

McGeady10

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a lifelong Celtic fan I started a game as Celtic. Going well. 6 Leagues in a row. 61 League games and counting unbeaten too. But getting some horrible Champions league groups. Had Madrid and Inter this season and have not progressed past the group stages since the first season. Anyone managed to have Champions League success with the Bhoys?

As a lifelong Celtic fan I started a game as Celtic. Going well. 6 Leagues in a row. 61 League games and counting unbeaten too. But getting some horrible Champions league groups. Had Madrid and Inter this season and have not progressed past the group stages since the first season. Anyone managed to have Champions League success with the Bhoys?

I won it in the first season (on the pre-xmas patch)

http://i49.tinypic.com/2mwxvkx.jpg

Haven't played Celtic after pre-xmas patch as I can't find a tactic to work on that patch (until now -maybe) and it hurts to much to watch Celtic fail against poorer opponents

Waiting for the post-January update to come out - there should be a lot of improvements to the Celtic setup, so no point in starting a new game until then

Have just been appointed Celtic manager in 2020, squad is full of players I've never seen before and very few regens, took the job after 8 very successful years at Arsenal, and took over from David Moyes who left for Schalke. We are 13 points clear when I took over in February so my first league title will not be much of an achievement however I did win my first game, an old firm derby with Podolski netting twice in a 3-2 win, but to get me through to the summer I've been able to bring in Podolski, Mulgrew and Aaron Lennon on frees, with Hooper as a future transfer. Fernando Torres, Bergkamp and Enyeama are in as staff.

Still in the scottish cup, and on course for the league. And yes, I like signing players who previously played for the club :D

• 1 month later...

Going to start a new game with the new update - BUT I had to make some changes to the database as I couldn't agree with some of the things that were made/changed (or just there)

So when I post of my game the following changes has been made, and you may wonder how my players look different from yours, this is the reason

FORREST

Injury: 17-> 7

PA: 145 -> 155

Fitness: 8->11

Fin: 13 -> 11

Cross: 9 -> 13

Crea: 9 -> 10

SAMMY

Crea: 14 -> 11

Cross: 16 -> 10

Fin: 8 -> 12

Team: (15) -> 11

Pass: 15 -> 11

ML: 19 -> 13 (his position)

AM: 0 -> 12 (again his position)

MATTHEWS

Crea: 13 -> 10

Acc: 19 -> 16

Cross: 13 -> 11

Mark: 6 -> 11

Fitness: 13 -> 15

Pos: 8 -> 11

Pace: 18 -> 15

Dribl: 12 -> 11

Tack: 8 ->11

Stam: 14 -> 16

HOOPER

Stability: 7 -> 14

TW: 14 -> 12

Fitness: 8 -> 12

Det: 9 -> 13

WR: 14 -> 12

Cross: 10 -> 8

MCGEOUGH

MC: 20 -> 14 (his position)

Acc: 11 -> 14

Flair: 13 -> 15

Tec: 12 -> 14

Crea: 11 -> 13

OTB: 14 -> 11

Pass: 11 -> 13

LUSTIG

Comp: 16 -> 12

Mark: 14 -> 13

Dec: 15 -> 12

Acc: 12 -> 14

Head: 11 -> 14

Tack: 15-> 13

OTB: 14 -> 12

Pace: 11 -> 13

FT: 13 -> 11

IZZY

Cross: 12 -> 9

Tack: 13 -> 11

Drib: 14 -> 12

Comp: 14 -> 8

COMMONS

Cross: 16 -> 13

Comp: 15 -> 13

Pen: 15 -> 12

OTB: 15 -> 13

Pass: 11 -> 13

Also added the Nike sponsorship as shirtsponsor(other) instead of other income

Rumor has it that there will be a new Celtic researcher in for the end of January transfer window update, and that there will be some improvement to the Celtic defenders so they will be able to defend + on the youth team + Scott Brown
Here I`m. Support the team since I`m 10 and pretty proud to be the Celtic researcher. Its not that new to me as I changed a lot of myself.

If you have any issues, please report them either on this thread, the scottish data thread or @FMCeltic on twitter. A good mate is on kerrydalestreet, Glorious_1967, although a bit of a "loony."

All suggestions, if constructive, are very welcome and will be discussed at any length.

What are your thoughts on the update?

Especially finance, staff & youth. One situation to improve is the competition between Watt & Stokes as Watt is out of the squad since, well, mid-January.

Here I`m. Support the team since I`m 10 and pretty proud to be the Celtic researcher. Its not that new to me as I changed a lot of myself.

If you have any issues, please report them either on this thread, the scottish data thread or @FMCeltic on twitter. A good mate is on kerrydalestreet, Glorious_1967, although a bit of a "loony."

All suggestions, if constructive, are very welcome and will be discussed at any length.

Especially finance, staff & youth. One situation to improve is the competition between Watt & Stokes as Watt is out of the squad since, well, mid-January.

Hi Cold_Mac

My input on the dataupdate is in post 256

This is the responds on your mates issues with in from Kerrydalestreet

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glorious_1967

3 Mar 2013, 03:06 PM

Ask the researcher on twitter if you have serious interest for suggestions. Will try to get him on here.

They are understandable imo:

1. Forrest hits one good cross in 10 from outside the box, has 3 assists in all competitions and with his quickness and talent its more likely that he will surpass this number in the simulation.

Higher crossing rating - with his exponential number of crosses in the game - will result in too frequent assists.

Its blatantly clear that he is no creative player.

Why the reduction for injury proness? He has continuing hamstring problems that cut his last and current season short by 3/4 months.

2. Sammy`s passing & crossing technique is marvellous. Look at his assists.

Its his concentration, decisions, workrate, anticipation and consistency that downsizes the impact of this.

Finishing would be 10 at top, imo, he is atrocious as a striker with a very poor striking record. Most goals (6 out of 10) come from heading.

3. Matthews is debatable, agreed.

4. McGeouch is nothing special regarding skill & technique. He has very limited speed and pretty ineffective as a winger. No place in the current team, those technique stats would make him the creative player to break down packed defenses - which he is not.

5. Commons, with the changes, will have around 115-120 CA and would not be used by the AI as much as he is by Lennon. His major source of assists are crosses or cross-depending set-pieces, 15-16 for crossing is acceptable imo.

6. Why the changes? Lustig is a very astute tackler, that usually takes the right decision with minimal fuss and maximized effect, very reliable under pressure. He struggles athletically or against very quick opponents, stamina could have went down a couple more for my liking.

1) Forrest is our best crosser of the ball (yesterday was a clear indication on that + he keeps getting "named the dangerman" for us again and again after returning)

17 for INJ will keep him out for most of the season and will give him injuries that will destroy any chance of him making it - the effect of injuries in the game are devastating - I've seen nothing to indicate that he is injury prone, just because he is out with a hamstring now and again doesn't mean that he should have a high INJ - it is pretty normal for young players

2) Sammy isn't good at either passing or crossing the ball - he do have some good through ball when playing for Greece, but nothing to justify that he gets 16 for crossing - and more than often he misses the short passes

Also he got 8 assists in the league last year, and isn't in the official charts this year

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=home_Statistics

4) McGeouch nothing special regarding skill and technique the kid is all about skill and technique - haven't you seen him play

5) 16 for crossing is close to world class - he is behind Mulgrew for free kicks and corners so should be lower than his + unlike Mulgrew he can't (at least not very often) put in a cross when in speed

6) Lustig isn't a slow player - he has a rather decent pace in fact and much more of a full back than a central defender- He has been caught under pressure a few times, wasn't sure if I should lower his composure even more, but from what I saw when he were a Rosenborg player, I gave him the benefit of the doubt

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rundown on my alterations to your database...

When simulating Forrest doesn't become an assist king from his increase in crossing - infact he got more assists from passes in my current game than from crosses, and he were when I simulated and in the game I play getting a month/two months on the sidelines with injury, as I pointed out 17 in injury proneness is equal to destruction of the player

Hooper were really good with my improvements for mere, to good maybe 41 goals in 41(2) matches - sold him on after the first season to Nottingham Forrest whom had been promoted to the EPL - but he has only scored once in 7 matches for them - so I guess it depends on how you play him

In my current game I would have wished that I didn't reduce Matthews pace and acc, as he would have been deadly with that as a winger, but the "crazy" speed he has in your DB doesn't reflect IRL, and he is really fast in mine

Regarding Stokes, I can't remember how he starts out in his physical stats, but when he returns from injury they are really bad

11 acc, 10 pace, 11 stam, 10 strength - especially stam and strength could do with a little upgrade - if they are so bad from the start I can't remember or it is down to being out injured??

He should also have Hooper as favorite personnel - teammate (and Hooper him) - it should help them click on the field

Hooper should also have Commons as Friend and not teammate

---

is it you that have upgraded the "Mo Banger" or is that the Swedish researcher? he looks really good in the update - I might even keep him when he returs from Sweden after his loan spell

Cold_Mac, to be brutally honest I'm looking at player after player and not really understanding some of the attributes given. I know it is a game and to maybe give the players the attributes that I would like would probably make them destroy the SPL, but the reality is we are - and last 16 Champions League quality. Some of these players look very Championship when I rate them a hell of a lot higher. Looking at this squad, to get them to the Europa League later knockout rounds would be a challenge. I might be being a tad harsh here.

Probably the most disappointing thing is how much of the squad seem to have used up the majority of their potential, and all of us Celts (and pundits) are saying how young and inexperienced this team is. Looking at a possible European XI:

Forster - 0.5 star potential improvement - a 24yr old Keeper, a baby. Has lots of time to improve

Matthews - 1.5 -this is ok, but, some of his stats I don't agree with namely tacking (9!!) and determination.

Wilson - 0 - Not yet at the widely considered prime CB age which is late twenties early thirties.

Mulgrew - 0 - similar to above

Emilio - 0 - This is one I really don't understand. Yes he hasn't been great since his injury but 2.5 stars? really? Surely give him a chance to come good again.

Forrest - 1.5 - Ok, decent potential, but as stated by DBK too high injury proneness which will kill his PT, far too low crossing stat his delivery is spot on.

Wanyama - 0 - giving him 5 star PT may be a bit much but this lad is great. But will he not get any better? He's barely out of school.

Ledley - 0 - If Brown is 4 star surely Joe and Beram can match this?

Commons - 0 - Probably fine, hitting his prime. Certain stats like determination could have an increase.

Samaras - 0 - Same as the above, although his composure is good! He doesn't always come up with the end product but he doesn't panic!

Hooper - 0.5 - granted certain stats are high (finishing) but this boy has the world at his feet. 24 yrs old scoring in the CL, outskirts of England squad, pursued by the Premier League.

I'm really not trying to have a go, I'm just a little mystified at some of these ratings. As it stands I don't want to play as Celtic as I know that to match the real life team (which granted probably has over achieved) I know that I'd have to gut this team which would ruin the save.

There is no competition between Watts and Stokes in my save since days after he got back treining from his injury he instantly went mental at not being in the first team, when I tried to tell him he'd need to be patient and earn his place back in the first team he properly went off on one, refusing to speak to me again and destroying team morale. Had to free transfer him and he's now banging them in for Hibs.:(

Finished the first season with the new update (with the changes mentioned earlier)

Won the league and the Scottish cup - the reserves got hammered in the semi of the league cup by Dundee

Got through the group stage in the CL and won the first knock out stage, before losing the Qtr final to Man U

This year the group teams are Bayern, Man City and Juventus

Going 4-4-1-1 this year with defensive wingers

GK) Forster (Waterman)

DR) Clyne (newgen)

DL) Ziegler (Pinto)

DC) Strandberg (Milosevic)

DC) Wanyama (Mulgrew)

MR) Matthews

MC) Cork (Strasser)

MC) Brown

ML) McClean (Estigarrribia)

AM) Mackay Stevens (Forrest)

FC) N´Djeng (Watt)

So far I can only recommend N´Djeng, he cost me £6.5m from Sion - but he has 15 goals in 8 matches so far fairly fast, strong, good in the air and good finisher

(Mo looks really good in the latest update - might keep him when he returns from Sweden)

Tom Boyd should be down as a youth coach, I know that he is the U17 manager IRL (and there is no U17 team in the game) but putting him in as a youth coach wouldn't be wrong IMO as he is contracted to the club

Thanks for the very good suggestions, welcomed. :thup:

Cold_Mac, to be brutally honest I'm looking at player after player and not really understanding some of the attributes given. I know it is a game and to maybe give the players the attributes that I would like would probably make them destroy the SPL, but the reality is we are - and last 16 Champions League quality. Some of these players look very Championship when I rate them a hell of a lot higher. Looking at this squad, to get them to the Europa League later knockout rounds would be a challenge. I might be being a tad harsh here.
Nothing wrong with that. What attributes specifically?

I had a setup with all our XI above 130-average and reached the CL-semi final. With the right tactic and approach, our squad can easily reach the last 16 in game. Especially with one tactic in the CL - can send it to you as its quite bizarr - I have only lost twice in 16 games with barely a squad change. Sammy & Forrest are terrific for counter-tactics.

You have to avoid the possible weak links. From my point of view, Izaguirre, Matthews, Commons, Mulgrew (non-delivery speaking) and Kayal are "average."

Probably the most disappointing thing is how much of the squad seem to have used up the majority of their potential, and all of us Celts (and pundits) are saying how young and inexperienced this team is. Looking at a possible European XI:

Forster - 0.5 star potential improvement - a 24yr old Keeper, a baby. Has lots of time to improve

Matthews - 1.5 -this is ok, but, some of his stats I don't agree with namely tacking (9!!) and determination.

Wilson - 0 - Not yet at the widely considered prime CB age which is late twenties early thirties.

Mulgrew - 0 - similar to above

Emilio - 0 - This is one I really don't understand. Yes he hasn't been great since his injury but 2.5 stars? really? Surely give him a chance to come good again.

Forrest - 1.5 - Ok, decent potential, but as stated by DBK too high injury proneness which will kill his PT, far too low crossing stat his delivery is spot on.

Wanyama - 0 - giving him 5 star PT may be a bit much but this lad is great. But will he not get any better? He's barely out of school.

Ledley - 0 - If Brown is 4 star surely Joe and Beram can match this?

Commons - 0 - Probably fine, hitting his prime. Certain stats like determination could have an increase.

Samaras - 0 - Same as the above, although his composure is good! He doesn't always come up with the end product but he doesn't panic!

Hooper - 0.5 - granted certain stats are high (finishing) but this boy has the world at his feet. 24 yrs old scoring in the CL, outskirts of England squad, pursued by the Premier League.

Don`t judge by the star points in the game, they are pretty limited in what they are showing.

Look in the editor, plenty of them can improve. Forster & Wanyama have a CA of 142, they will improve massively. Its just that 5 stars in the game can`t become suddenly 6/7/8-stars as 5 is the maximum.

Stick to the team and they will improve. In one-two seasons, you can easily stay your ground in the CL groupphases.

I'm really not trying to have a go, I'm just a little mystified at some of these ratings. As it stands I don't want to play as Celtic as I know that to match the real life team (which granted probably has over achieved) I know that I'd have to gut this team which would ruin the save.
Who do you regard as too bad compared to real life form/performances?

I hate to gut our team in game and want to display it in the developing state it currently is. You have 5 amazing youngsters - Forster, Wanyama, Matthews, Forrest and Watt - a very reliable CB (my favourite btw) in Kelvin, with Ambrose one with huge potential and Mulgrew as a very useful ballplayer with magnificient set-pieces. The only one to replace in the game imo would be Commons.

Regarding Stokes, I can't remember how he starts out in his physical stats, but when he returns from injury they are really bad

11 acc, 10 pace, 11 stam, 10 strength - especially stam and strength could do with a little upgrade - if they are so bad from the start I can't remember or it is down to being out injured??

He should also have Hooper as favorite personnel - teammate (and Hooper him) - it should help them click on the field

Hooper should also have Commons as Friend and not teammate

---

is it you that have upgraded the "Mo Banger" or is that the Swedish researcher? he looks really good in the update - I might even keep him when he returs from Sweden after his loan spell

Put that on my cape, my fault. Broken ankle dont decrease the CA as much as a cruciate injury, a broken leg or a torn harmstring but he will have around 10-11, one-two point decrease in some attributes. His performances have taken me by surprise as his last 3 months of last season and this, up to Aberdeen, were very disappointing.

Yes, their link-up will be added. I think teammate is fine, friend is more of a link-up previous to their club encounter and they became mates after they joined us although they take Dubai-golfing courses together :p

Kelvin & Commons know each other since they are 11, more of friends.

Banger is out of control:p every loan player is down to the respective researcher. I don`t know what they put into his water in sweden, he seemingly performs there.

I had to add Boyd manually in my game as I could not add Boyd nor McGuinness as I have only controll about the staff at Celtic given to me and january is - usually - focused on basic adjustments and new transfers, not on overhauls like mine.

Finished the first season with the new update (with the changes mentioned earlier)

Won the league and the Scottish cup - the reserves got hammered in the semi of the league cup by Dundee

Got through the group stage in the CL and won the first knock out stage, before losing the Qtr final to Man U

This year the group teams are Bayern, Man City and Juventus

Going 4-4-1-1 this year with defensive wingers

GK) Forster (Waterman)

DR) Clyne (newgen)

DL) Ziegler (Pinto)

DC) Strandberg (Milosevic)

DC) Wanyama (Mulgrew)

MR) Matthews

MC) Cork (Strasser)

MC) Brown

ML) McClean (Estigarrribia)

AM) Mackay Stevens (Forrest)

FC) N´Djeng (Watt)

So far I can only recommend N´Djeng, he cost me £6.5m from Sion - but he has 15 goals in 8 matches so far fairly fast, strong, good in the air and good finisher

(Mo looks really good in the latest update - might keep him when he returns from Sweden)

half way through the second season - N'Djeng now have 35 goals in 24 matches - got to love him

Finished 3rd in my CL group, had the second place until the last three matches, but with N'Djeng out in one game and both my first choice central defenders out in another, I slipped to 3rd - but still ahead of Juventus

As you may or may not know, I've made thise changes to Matthews after the latest update

MATTHEWS

Crea: 13 -> 10

Acc: 19 -> 16

Cross: 13 -> 11

Mark: 6 -> 11

Fitness: 13 -> 15

Pos: 8 -> 11

Pace: 18 -> 15

Dribl: 12 -> 11

Tack: 8 ->11

Stam: 14 -> 16

2nd season playing him as a defensive winger on the right midfield

matthews.jpg

Afraid to think how he would have played if I hadn't lowered his pace and crossing

---

The star of my team is Yannick N'Djeng

djeng.jpg

Bought for £6.5m after the first season

---

Won the league and the league cup

The reserves lost the semi final in the cup to Aberdeen

Finished 3nd in group stages in the CL after Bayern and Man City, but ahead of Juventus

Did decent in the Euro league - Dinamo, Sporting, Schalke were all beaten before meating EPL Champions Chelsea in the final

euroleaguefinal.jpg

N'Djeng were out with suspension, if he had played he could have been the player that had scored the most goals in both the CL and Euro league, but in the end he "only" got 12 goals in the Euro League, one less than the one who scored the most - Guess it wasn't to bad as his replacement (Watt) got the winning goal

Christ, you are at it.

Just for the sake of it - Matthews played right midfield 3 times this season and accumulated 5 assists and 2 goals.

no not a all

not doubting that Matthews would be a good midfielder for us IRL

• 2 weeks later...
@Cold Mac

Wanyama's skin needs to be darker, he almost look like a pale Scott when he is running round the field in the game

Will do that, if he stays that long.

How did you made him stay in your game? It was almost impossible for me in all cases, if using my agent files, he & Moore demanded 40-50k p/w, if not, 30-35 at least.

Just popped in to say, I love the Celtic! And I miss you guys, sorry I havent been on for ages, work circumstances, illnesses and family dictated how things went, i`ll be on and off for a while still
Take all the time you need. Health & Family is all that matters and GF's usually tend to be very important - if quarrelsome when your a gamer - as well.

Hows your opinion on the update?

Not too happy with a few but the summer will likely turn into a major squad overhaul anyway with Wanyama and Hooper certainties to leave.

Hope we can get 10m for Vic from Man Utd/Arsenal and...4m-ish for Hooper, if possible.

How did you made him stay in your game? It was almost impossible for me in all cases, if using my agent files, he & Moore demanded 40-50k p/w, if not, 30-35 at least.

He is usually willing to to sign a new contract for around £28.5k - £33k a week in the start of the game, which is fine with me - then when you progress as a club, he is willing to sign a new contract a few years in. He is my highest earner atm (in 2016) on a £46.5k contract that expires in 2020. When/if he gets unhappy it helps to say that you will qualify to the CL next year

BTW Watt got the Golden Boot at the 2016 Euro as Scotland made it into the Qtr final before loosing to Belgium - a hattrick against Slovakia, a goal against Spain and the winner against Norway clinched the "Boot"

Take all the time you need. Health & Family is all that matters and GF's usually tend to be very important - if quarrelsome when your a gamer - as well.

Hows your opinion on the update?

Not too happy with a few but the summer will likely turn into a major squad overhaul anyway with Wanyama and Hooper certainties to leave.

Hope we can get 10m for Vic from Man Utd/Arsenal and...4m-ish for Hooper, if possible.

Theres definitely a few things I would change, Forrest is not that injury prone, as DKB said that will destroy his career, Samaras`s Passing isnt great IRL, his composure is though. I would upgrade his finishing a little also. Scott brown needs a mental overhaul, Ledley is a phenom IRL so he could be altered, Big vic im quite happy with, Mulgrew is pretty solid as a cb, he doesnt get caught out anywhere near the amount the ambrose does IRL, btw he is a complete liability, give him good ball playing stats, but his heading and marking are pretty atrocious, and he is not a big game player. I havent looked at the important matches stat at all, but IMO Hooper, Watt, Ledley, Brown, Matthews, Mulgrew, Forster, Samaras should all have high important matches attributes.

Mcgeouch is all about tricks and skills, and I would say that his pace and acceleration is actually relatively good. We are a last 16 team, because of the discipline and determination lennon has installed in the squad, Also hooper has to have a far higher workrate, he drops deep alot IRL and then still gets into the box to poach a tonne of goals.

I have said it before in previous fm`s also, The celtic squad hasnt been given the ratings it deserves, and its purely because of the bias of the english league - Some of our players are severely talented, yet get downgraded because the quality of league isnt the same. It`s not correct

Right lads, lets drive this thread on, i`ll be rubber ducked if my beloved celtic thread isnt into 10 pages by the time the next game comes out. I for one had fallen out of love with fm also because As soon as the patches changed my tactics, well i just couldnt get a handle on them - Now that time is gone, and it is time to start a save in paradise again, Lets bring the joyous rapture back to the parkhead faithful!!!!!

I'm up for that McGougan

I've reached April 2017, just send PSG out of the CL 1-1 in Paris, and beat them 6-1 at Celtic Park

I've a promising Scottish central defender in this years newgens, really looking forward to see what he can do

gerardgaston.jpg

The "star rating" seems to be a bit of in the latest part, so won't pay his 3½ star potential to much attention, with stats like that when 15, he is going to be a future Celtic hero with the right tutoring and training

Yeah he looks **** hot mate - gona load up a save in a second

The star rating went up to 4 the moment he signed a pre-contract - wouldn't be surprised if it went further up before long

in a Liverpool game that I've, I scouted an African player, the scout said 3 stars potential, then player then signed for a German side, and then the same scout said 5 star potential - the scouts may do a certain job, but you got to look at the stats as well

Up against Real Madrid in the qtr final's of the Champions League

Beautiful game, first Sergio Ramos sent off for two yellow cards, then Pepe send off for two yellow cards - can't stand both IRL - dirty cheating B*stards

Then my Austrian AMC newgen pops up with two goals in the second half

Loving it :D

Sounds good, just start as i fell asleep, Beat AEL 5-0 in the cl third round qualifier, then drew 3-3 with aberdeen in the league with them scoring a freak goal!

Especially in the first seasons the CL games will have an effect on the game before and the game after

you should be able to loose a point here and there, and then around Xmas when there is no CL games, make a big gap to number two in the league

cl17p.jpg

Some aspects of the game leaves you speechless

Like when your "Giant" Scottish AMC, out jumps Nastasic, Dede, Kompany, Touré, Fellaini etc to head a cross from Nathaniel Clyne into the back of the net to 2-0

rosshunter.jpg

Guess that it was a good thing that my first choice AMC were out injured...

But nice to take the title back (from Dynamo Kiev)

cl17p.jpg

Some aspects of the game leaves you speechless

Like when your "Giant" Scottish AMC, out jumps Nastasic, Dede, Kompany, Touré, Fellaini etc to head a cross from Nathaniel Clyne into the back of the net to 2-0

rosshunter.jpg

Guess that it was a good thing that my first choice AMC were out injured...

But nice to take the title back (from Dynamo Kiev)

I can provide the perfect counterbalance to that

5CCCs_zps99b1bc70.png

This was just awful to watch we should have been 3 or 4 nil up at HT.

For what its worth Im using a custom database with a what if scenario if Scottish football got the same TV revenue as the EPL- i thought it'd be interesting to see how the AI develops the other clubs in the league over time and if the standard in the SPL would improve.

Just started the 2017/2018 season

3 newgens were signed in the summer - and McGeady returned home on a free transfer, Aiden is on to much money for a back up, but I couldn't resist bringing him back

Beat Sevilla in the Euro Super Cup

eurosupercup2017.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------

English newgen giant/tank Jamey Spacy would take the striker spot in the team, if Watt wasn't a Celtic player from the start

jameyspacey.jpg

Austrian newgen Martin Feiersinger is my first chooice AMC

martinfeiersinger.jpg

Croatian newgen Domagoj Karamatic is my defensive no BS "tank"

domagojkaramatic.jpg

Mexican newgen defender Jorge Arturo Galeana is the latest newgen to force his way into my team

jorgearturogaleana.jpg

Team as such

GK) Forster

RWB) Clyne

DC) Karamatic

DC) Galeana

DL) Tagliafico

DM) Wanyama

MC) Cork

LW) Tom Ince

AMC) Feiersinger

RW) Forrest

SC) Watt

Made one fantastic deal in the transfer marked in the summer

My second backup at RWB (a Danish newgen) were loaned to Atletico Madrid with them paying full wages and paying £875k a month, netting me £9.6m in total over the year in loan fee's - couldn't stop smiling when it happend

Also got a Scottish newgen, who would have been 4th choice at LW (or 3rd choice in attack) on loan at Stoke, and deal that will bring my in over £4m in loan fee's

Hows the Celtic Youth system coming along for you guys?

This guy has just came through- the link up with Santos Laguna is really paying off- hes the best newgen I've ever seen Celtic produce across all of my saves since FM 2008

StevenMartin_OverviewProfile_zps1ffeb72e.png

Hows the Celtic Youth system coming along for you guys?

This guy has just came through- the link up with Santos Laguna is really paying off- hes the best newgen I've ever seen Celtic produce across all of my saves since FM 2008

StevenMartin_OverviewProfile_zps1ffeb72e.png

wauw looks amazing mate

brilliant Agility and Balance stats

How are you training him? Quickness training or trying to "round him" more?

This is the one that have most chances of making it into a first team regular for me atm, that have come through the academy

bryanstewart.jpg

Training him as a ball winning midfielder - he could do with some more bravery and teamwork, but hoping he will add to those when getting more playing time (Backup to Cork atm)

(Also have Gaston, as I posted earlier, but it is to early to say with him - and a goalie that looks pretty good, but only have 8 for rushing out, and I really like my keepers to be able to sweep if needed, even though I've Forster atm and he isn't good at that)

Yeah Im looking to make him more of an all rounder for the Complete Forward role. Ive given him a bit of first team exposure and to be fair he hasnt let me down- 5 goals in 8 games (alright most of them in the cup but still).

Bryan Stewart looks promising- its a shame that he doesnt have a bit more height and aerial ability or you'd have the successor to big Vic on your hands.

Yeah Im looking to make him more of an all rounder for the Complete Forward role. Ive given him a bit of first team exposure and to be fair he hasnt let me down- 5 goals in 8 games (alright most of them in the cup but still).

Bryan Stewart looks promising- its a shame that he doesnt have a bit more height and aerial ability or you'd have the successor to big Vic on your hands.

yeah he isn't the biggest bhoy, but playing him in the middle of the park, so that isn't a must for me - I've a young English newgen how will take over at DM when Wanyama leaves at some point

Archived