FM13: Celtic - 125 Years Of Unbroken History

McGeady10

Great start paul, I'm envious! Things have not been going so well for me which I'm putting down to injuries! I have had a vicious circle of injured players and so less players able to rotate for CL games which means more tired players and more injuries! I've had to play youth players in most SPFL games which has been ruining my morale and form. My job is unsurprisingly very insecure because I'm down in 8th!! In the league. Shining lights have been the CL where I too am through to the 1st Knockout round with a game to spare in a group with Chelsea, CSKA Moscow and Leverkusen, 1-0 to the green and white!

The injuries and suspensions are just about sorting themselves out now and I cannot wait for a break from the CL games to lick my wounds and try to claw back the league standing. I think I can do it, I just need to stop conceding goals! I don't know if I dare go for a less expansive game though as that (board promises) and the CL are all that are keeping me in a job!

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are 8th? :eek: How is that possible? I have had some injuries in the squad, but for only 1 or 2 weeks at a time. I find that the starting squad you have a lot of cover so you can swap players out before important matches. In my first six competitive matches I only seen one attack against me. :lol:

What version of FM are you running?

Thanks for the tips guys. :thup:

In my game so far I am just coming upto the January transfer window and I'm unsure if I will be bringing in any players yet.

At the start of the season Wanyama wanted away to a bigger club, I told him he could leave but only for £12.5 million or more and he was happy with that, we had a falling out and his morale was always poor. He wouldn't talk to me or even consider signing a contract. So far I have had a fantastic Champions league campaign which saw us reach the group stages alongside A.C. Milan, Galatasaray and Schalke. Celtic qualified to the first knockout round with 1 game to spare, as we were undefeated at home and had fantastic results away from home. I will post screenshots soon. After qualifying I noticed Wanyama's morale went to ok, so I held contract talks and his agent said I would have to offer an amazing deal before considered the contract and eventually Wanyama signed a new contract with me and his morale was back to superb! He does have a £14 million release clause in his contract so if anyone matches that then they can have him.

Celtic are doing excellently in all domestic competitions. We are sitting at the top of an ever changing league with roughly 10 points clear of second place. Through to the semi final of the SLC which we knocked out Sevco in the 3rd round. Only played one round in the SC but we hammered Queen of the South with a bit part squad 4-0 at home.

Has anyone else had trouble when selecting the Champions League squad? I go on holiday when I have to do it in the news as I don't meet the requirements of 8 and 4 but after holiday my team has been selected, and no one important has been missed out.

I am now looking forward to this Champions league campaign and wonder how far I can take my unchanged team. COYBIG!

Here are screenshots of my Champions League campaign so far:

gkg7.png

As you can see above, I have had a fantastic start to the Champions League, I only conceded 2 goals in 12 games. I was annoyed with the 1-0 defeat to Galatasaray as this was my first defeat in FM 13. The draw at home to Schalke was a disappointment too after heavily beating them away from home.

Celtic qualified at the top of the group:

duou.png

In the next round we have been drawn against Bayern Munich, whilst Galatasary who finished second got drawn against Feyenoord. So much for seeded teams getting an easier draw, (Bayern did finish second though, Feyenoord finished above them :lol:) I suspect a difficult tie for me and not so difficult for Galatasary.

• 4 weeks later...

New computer, so started up a new Celtic game without any changes to the DB - but using the latest update

As usual the league doesn't get priority to start with, as the CL qualifying matches are the main focus, so lost af couple of points there, but nothing to worry about IMO

Sammy, Commons, Wilson and Izzy all left

Milosevic (AIK) Strandberg (Rosenborg) Albæk (FC Midtjylland) Russell (Dun Utd) Johansson, loan (AZ) Pinto (Toluca) Fierro (Chivas) Kozak, loan (Lazio) Aït Fana, loan (Montpellier) all joined

£9.5m spend so far, £12m brought in on sales - N'Djeng (Sion) will join in January, will look to offload Lassad and perhaps Hooper

Managed to get into the group state of the CL and qualify from there ahead of Udinese and Kiev, and one point short of Real Madrid in 1th place, but won against Real at CP and drew with them in Spain

6 points clear of Hearts in 2nd place with us having a game in hand with two weeks to the new year - and still in both cups

New computer, so started up a new Celtic game without any changes to the DB - but using the latest update

As usual the league doesn't get priority to start with, as the CL qualifying matches are the main focus, so lost af couple of points there, but nothing to worry about IMO

Sammy, Commons, Wilson and Izzy all left

Milosevic (AIK) Strandberg (Rosenborg) Albæk (FC Midtjylland) Russell (Dun Utd) Johansson, loan (AZ) Pinto (Toluca) Fierro (Chivas) Kozak, loan (Lazio) Aït Fana, loan (Montpellier) all joined

£9.5m spend so far, £12m brought in on sales - N'Djeng (Sion) will join in January, will look to offload Lassad and perhaps Hooper

Managed to get into the group state of the CL and qualify from there ahead of Udinese and Kiev, and one point short of Real Madrid in 1th place, but won against Real at CP and drew with them in Spain

6 points clear of Hearts in 2nd place with us having a game in hand with two weeks to the new year - and still in both cups

Went on to win the treble - both cups and the league

Came up against Arsenal in the CL games after Xmas - and Gervinho tore my defence apart - I were however the only undefeated team in Europe against the winners (Real Madrid) of the CL - so I take a little credit in that

It was a were dull SPL season, I "only" won 30 matches and still there were 29 points down to nr 2 (Dun Utd) when the season ended, can't remember me dropping that many points in season with Celtic - This season I hope for more competition as Aberdeen have been taken over by an Argentine Tycoon/sugar daddy, that have promised to invest huge amount of money into them, lets see if Alex McLeish can make good use of them, so they can start bringing some points home to Scotland in a couple of years - but there is a long way as they finished 8th last season, but they (Aberdeen) were close to Dun Utd in 2nd place, than the Arabs were to me, with with a litlle luck they can make it into Europe next season, so they can attract some better players

Went on to win the treble - both cups and the league

Came up against Arsenal in the CL games after Xmas - and Gervinho tore my defence apart - I were however the only undefeated team in Europe against the winners (Real Madrid) of the CL - so I take a little credit in that

It was a were dull SPL season, I "only" won 30 matches and still there were 29 points down to nr 2 (Dun Utd) when the season ended, can't remember me dropping that many points in season with Celtic - This season I hope for more competition as Aberdeen have been taken over by an Argentine Tycoon/sugar daddy, that have promised to invest huge amount of money into them, lets see if Alex McLeish can make good use of them, so they can start bringing some points home to Scotland in a couple of years - but there is a long way as they finished 8th last season, but they (Aberdeen) were close to Dun Utd in 2nd place, than the Arabs were to me, with with a litlle luck they can make it into Europe next season, so they can attract some better players

"Player Revolution" in the summer after the 1th season

Players that left; Rogic, Ambrose, Keatings, Ledley, Toshney, N'Djeng, Pinto, Kayal (all sold) - also a lot left on a free

Players in; Fletcher (Sunderland), Snodgrass (Norwich), Hughes (Derby), Diamé (West Ham), Tagliafico (Bansfield), Estigarribia (Maldonado), Arlauskis (Rubin), Casarini (Bologne) + some newgens were all bought - Bruce (Hull), Digne (Lille) Bacinovic (Palermo), and Bahebeck (PSG) were loaned

Sold for £29.5m and spend £44.5m spend on new players (Had +£6m on player dealings in the first season)

Still looking for a quality right back - but there is none that are willing to join in the moment

Got a tough group for the CL; Bayern Munich, Tottenham and Marseille - just hoping for some kind of European football after the new year, can't hope for CL football with Bayern and Spurs in the group

• 2 weeks later...

I quick update - Into my 4th season as Celtic manager

2nd Season - Won the League, The League Cup and The Europa League (Spurs and Bayern were to tough a group for me, even though I ended 1 point from qualifying to the knock out stage of the CL - guess lucky that I didn't as I wouldn't have won a European trophy if I had

3rd season - Won The League, The League Cup, The Scottish Cup and The Champions League :D

4th season - Playing it right now - Won The European Supercup, Lost the final of the World Club, Won the League (as posted below) already and into the final of the League cup (haven't been played yet) - Still in the CL

Whealing and dealing so far - In total of the 4 season that I've been Celtic manager I'm around £14m in plus on the transfer side

One of the earliest league wins I can remember (February)

tq17.png

Newco have been promoted to the SPL - Welcome I say, but I won't take it easy on you just because you are a new club

wc5p.png

So close to the perfect SPL season

w8r5.png

Only dropped points in one game, the first game of the season away against Falkirk - One of their players dived in the penalty area and the "good" man Craig Thomson awarded them a penalty

But got over 150 goals in the SPL season, which is over 4 a game, happy with that

Those diving cheats Porto sent me out of the knock out stage in the CL - Disappointed after winning the throphy last year, had my eyes on at least the semi finals but it wasn't to be

Victor is moaning so he is leaving in the summer, as is Boateng who joined on a free last year but I've a 5 star potential right back from Man U coming in. Steven Fletcher may leave as well (going to take a loss on him) as he is 2nd choice after a newgen striker, and Watt is more than cable to act as 2nd choice + having a great Scottish newgen (signed from Dun Utd) a couple of season ago that seems ready to be 3rd choice

w8r5.png

Only dropped points in one game, the first game of the season away against Falkirk - One of their players dived in the penalty area and the "good" man Craig Thomson awarded them a penalty

But got over 150 goals in the SPL season, which is over 4 a game, happy with that

Those diving cheats Porto sent me out of the knock out stage in the CL - Disappointed after winning the throphy last year, had my eyes on at least the semi finals but it wasn't to be

Victor is moaning so he is leaving in the summer, as is Boateng who joined on a free last year but I've a 5 star potential right back from Man U coming in. Steven Fletcher may leave as well (going to take a loss on him) as he is 2nd choice after a newgen striker, and Watt is more than cable to act as 2nd choice + having a great Scottish newgen (signed from Dun Utd) a couple of season ago that seems ready to be 3rd choice

Thats really unfortunate mate, i only managed the perfect season once in fm 2013, are you joining us in fm 2014 at all?

Thats really unfortunate mate, i only managed the perfect season once in fm 2013, are you joining us in fm 2014 at all?

Not this year, will be way to busy from December and months to come, so no point in buying FM14 for me

I'm quite enjoying this - in season two I've finally got the team purring, and Europe offers and interesting challenge. I can start to think about a 3 year project, I think, to try and create some bona fide stars.

Season 1

Well, I foolishly shipped out too many players, particularly midfielders, in the hope the Board would give me some fat stacks. This didn't happen, as Ledley and Kris Commons left. Scot Brown then managed to get his leg broken shortly after the transfer deadline. I hadn't bought anyone particularly useful, bar Buttner from Utd at DL.

The season wasn't perfect by any means. We set up a 4-3-3 with 1 DM and 2MCs, all in fairly defensive set ups. Forrest and Boerrigter were the standout performers, scoring all my goals from AML and AMR. No decent target man - Park from Arsenal came on loan and got a few goals. Nothing special, and I relied on Borja (free) and Dos Santos (loan) in the middle.

The transfer window saw more players shipped out, and the first bit of quality in Jordan Rhodes who immediately started scoring more regularly from the FC position.

In the CL we had an extremely easy group and topped it - the record P6, W4, L2, F6 A7 says a lot... Unfortunately we had Man Utd in the 2nd round. A draw at home, away we nearly levelled to 2-2 in the final 15 minutes, but instead Utd got another.

Season 2

More players left - I hadn't seem anything I liked in the two Israeli's, and Pukki, who all went. In a fit of excitement a 31 year old Cassano said he would come, so £5m went on him. Not a player I actually need, although my formation and tactics shifted as a result. At home, in an easy match, I switch the DMC to an AMC (trequista) and play a low tempo, seems to help us control the game and concede very few. Ron Vlaar - fresh from winning the WC alongside Buttner, both off the bench - joined to add to an increasingly dutch back line. Merida joined on a free, which means I have some genuine creative midfielders to partner Brown and another Scotsman, James McArthur who joined from Wigan.

Callum Paterson, a kid from Hearts, had got about 18 goals last year so I picked him up for nearly £1m - he's scored a bunch of the bench in different games. Looks very interesting.

Much tougher CL group this year - Barca, Dortmund and Galatasaray, but I went away to Barca and picked up a point, not a bad start at all...

• 1 month later...

w8r5.png

Finally finished the 4th season

Won my CL group

1) Celtic

2) Gala

3) Dinamo

4) Juventus (with only 3 points after 3 draws)

Then knocked out Tottenham (lost 2-1 away, but thrashed them 8-1 at Celtic Park)

Man City were then beaten 3-0 at CP and 1-0 away

Bayern were in for a beating in the semi finals, first 4-0 in Germany and then 3-1 at CP (the other semi final Gala beat Anderlecht)

So up against Gala again, having drawn 1-1 with them in Turkey and beaten them 3-0 at CP, but the final were played on their home turf.

After 62 minutes on of my central defenders made it 1-0 and my 19 year old Irish winger, that later were voted player of the tournement got the second and final goal in the final 4 minutes later

The reserves won both cups

And the League were won with 33 points down to Aberdeen in 2nd place - my CL win means that both them and Nevco (finished 3rd, two points behing Aberdeen) will be involved in CL

football at some stage in the new season

Got taken over from a consortium lead by a Scottish tycoon doing the season, as it is a consortium there won't be trillions to spend, but they did put in £40m into the clubs books, so it is ok

Finally finished the 4th season

Won my CL group

1) Celtic

2) Gala

3) Dinamo

4) Juventus (with only 3 points after 3 draws)

Then knocked out Tottenham (lost 2-1 away, but thrashed them 8-1 at Celtic Park)

Man City were then beaten 3-0 at CP and 1-0 away

Bayern were in for a beating in the semi finals, first 4-0 in Germany and then 3-1 at CP (the other semi final Gala beat Anderlecht)

So up against Gala again, having drawn 1-1 with them in Turkey and beaten them 3-0 at CP, but the final were played on their home turf.

After 62 minutes on of my central defenders made it 1-0 and my 19 year old Irish winger, that later were voted player of the tournement got the second and final goal in the final 4 minutes later

The reserves won both cups

And the League were won with 33 points down to Aberdeen in 2nd place - my CL win means that both them and Nevco (finished 3rd, two points behing Aberdeen) will be involved in CL

football at some stage in the new season

Got taken over from a consortium lead by a Scottish tycoon doing the season, as it is a consortium there won't be trillions to spend, but they did put in £40m into the clubs books, so it is ok

Brilliant - Newco gets 3rd in the league, but because of my CL win they get into the CL qualifyers - So they gets drawn against Gala and looses both matches, not the biggest surprise, then they get Genk in the Euro League play offs and looses both matches - thanks for nothing you useless ******* some points for Scotland would have been nice

That St Mirren lost both matches against Fulham I can understand - so the league ratings of the SPL are on us, and Aberdeen who gets a place in the group stage again thanks to my CL win - hopefully the will get a point or two somewhere - and suprisingly enough Motherwell who first team a team from Latvia, then a Portugese team and then another Portugese team (Braga), that is the Motherwell side that are in the Euro League because they lost the cup final against me but finished 9th in the league last year

But can't complain about the luck of Motherwell - hopefully they will get som more points for the SPL

Archived