FM13: Celtic - 125 Years Of Unbroken History

McGeady10

Good to see you in the thread mate, make it a challenge for yourself then, realistically you should romp league 2 and 1, but then championship will provide a sterner test.

Ano mate I should breeze through the 1st couple of leagues, can feel this being a good long term save this way usually in Scotland I can't manage more than two seasons before I want to delete it.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why bother with Rangers? What makes them relevant?

I disdain english football and their plastic, overspending mediocrity.

Well I want to be able to play them and beat them plus I want to see how they cope down England.

82 goals scored after 17 matches???? Thats incredible mate

I know, I do have a world class team by now, but the goals scored after switching tactics is amazing, my the current record for the SPL is 103 - and I put 8 against Partick in the next game, so I'm at 90 goals in 18 matches so far

I know, I do have a world class team by now, but the goals scored after switching tactics is amazing, my the current record for the SPL is 103 - and I put 8 against Partick in the next game, so I'm at 90 goals in 18 matches so far

The 100 goal mark, and the personal best of 103 goals beaten on the 9th of January after 20 games, and a 7-0 victory against St. johnstone (A) and a 8-0 win against Hearts (H) - so 105 goals and counting

What tactic :o - Im happy if i get sixty and have a solid defense lol

took a version of Modern Warfare, and made some changes to it - that other poster (on another forum) had suggested to the original tactic - and it clicks for me

you can pm me your email if you want to try it out

What are people's thoughts on Tony Watt?

Great young player in the game, you can see how he has turned out for me in post #337

IRL I would be sad not to see him get more games when the title is won - but he has played in 26 games so far this season, which isn't bad for a young player

What are people's thoughts on Tony Watt?
Completly lost his way in 2013.

Pure statistics state this, as much as Lennon and contacs. Season started so brightly, peaked at the glory of beating Barcelona, with the crack up of him, lined up in the muddy grounds of the U-20 league.

7 starts, 9 subs & 7 goals in domestic competitions, plus 5 CL apperances in 2012 against 0 starts, 5 subs and 0 goals in 2013. He can be lucky if he's in the squad.

Lennon spoke several times about him in little, subtle bits and with some voices repeating it, he is apparently a woeful trainer and heavily lacks team-discipline. Drinks no alcohol and doesn`t go out though.

Its worrying as Lennon has no problem with fresh blood in the squad and frequently uses youngsters, although his admiration of Forrest seems problematic. Even more so, if you take Hoopers horrible, lacklustre performances into account.

As a player he is vey bullish, very much on the front-foot and has magnificient strength & pace, with basic technique. Definitly a player in there, lets hope he is not another McGeouch, Slane or Keatings.

Unhappy with my creation of the current Watt in the game tbh, especially if you consider it with the magnificient return of Anthony Stokes.

In what sense are you unhappy with your creation of him?
He's too good, especially his personality traits. With his CA, determination and high professionalism he'll be a competent first team starter within months.

Its not how it turned out since January.

Completly lost his way in 2013.

Pure statistics state this, as much as Lennon and contacs. Season started so brightly, peaked at the glory of beating Barcelona, with the crack up of him, lined up in the muddy grounds of the U-20 league.

7 starts, 9 subs & 7 goals in domestic competitions, plus 5 CL apperances in 2012 against 0 starts, 5 subs and 0 goals in 2013. He can be lucky if he's in the squad.

Lennon spoke several times about him in little, subtle bits and with some voices repeating it, he is apparently a woeful trainer and heavily lacks team-discipline. Drinks no alcohol and doesn`t go out though.

Its worrying as Lennon has no problem with fresh blood in the squad and frequently uses youngsters, although his admiration of Forrest seems problematic. Even more so, if you take Hoopers horrible, lacklustre performances into account.

As a player he is vey bullish, very much on the front-foot and has magnificient strength & pace, with basic technique. Definitly a player in there, lets hope he is not another McGeouch, Slane or Keatings.

Unhappy with my creation of the current Watt in the game tbh, especially if you consider it with the magnificient return of Anthony Stokes.

Lennon frequently uses youngsters??? really??? Watt, Forrest, McGeough and which other youngsters have over 10 matches this season? infact over 5 matches

Lennon is horrible in using youngster IMO - could be down to them not being good enough, but Izzy have gone half a season playing no better than a non-league player, then haves (what 4?) good games in a row, his standards then slips for a month or more, and then have 1½ good game or so - if Chalmers isn't better than Izzy were in the first half of the season, he must be one of the worst players in Celtic history (or there about)

Our central defense have been shocking since the Juve game, and still Fraser don't get a game even though he has impressed just about every time that he has played for us

Hooper haven't been seen since the Juve game and still Watt don't get a start, It might be that Hooper performs better in training, but as that doesn't show in the games, Lenny should be looking elsewhere

Commons have been though some really bad games, before coming good in the last month+, and with Forrest out injured, McGeough should have been given more game time - still we have managed to line up with 2 central midfielders and two defenders in midfield, with no McGeough in sight

Lenny is many things, but a manager that give youth a chance he isn't - Forrest is the biggest talent in Scotland so he is hard to look away for - Watt were chased by Liverpool and 4-5 other EPL sides, so he obvious have talent - beside that it is really limited how many youngsters that Lenny have played beside the a cup game now and then (or before an Champions League game)

Regarding Watt's CA, doesn't he start out as a decent Championship player, you can't really go lower than that, you might want to lower his professionalism, but he is still good enough for Celtic to award him a new contract just before Christmas

I'm hoping that Lennon is doing a "McGeady" on him by not playing him and trying to get him level headed again - but you can't really blame a young guy (to much) for letting it go to his head when he scores the winner against Barcelona

He's too good, especially his personality traits. With his CA, determination and high professionalism he'll be a competent first team starter within months.

Its not how it turned out since January.

Was your data not based on mostly what happened before january though? Your update was only at the tail end of that, so its not as if, there is a great deal can be done until next years version

Lennon frequently uses youngsters??? really??? Watt, Forrest, McGeough and which other youngsters have over 10 matches this season? infact over 5 matches
Our U-20 is very, very average.

I can't see anyone making it who is not cripplingly often injured.

Youngsters with debuts under Lennon: 17 - Towell, Herron, Toshney, Irvine, Slane, George, Fraser, Ibrahim, Blackman, Rogic, McGeouch, Watt, Wanyama, Matthews, James Forrest, F. Twardzik & Chalmers.

Thats over 5 debutants per season. A relativly high number of fresh blood.

Some of them (McGregor, Twardzik) are out for over 6 months now.

Lennon is horrible in using youngster IMO - could be down to them not being good enough, but Izzy have gone half a season playing no better than a non-league player, then haves (what 4?) good games in a row, his standards then slips for a month or more, and then have 1½ good game or so - if Chalmers isn't better than Izzy were in the first half of the season, he must be one of the worst players in Celtic history (or there about)
So you know about our players training performances better than him....? you are doing yourself no favours when using such inflammatory & polemic describtions.

I`ve seen quite a lot of our youngsters and Chalmers is very poor defending against cross and quicker opponents. If he would be a huge talent, he would get in the team. He's apparently not.

Our central defense have been shocking since the Juve game, and still Fraser don't get a game even though he has impressed just about every time that he has played for us
Sigh. He`s out until January 2014 with knee ligament damage. Apart from that, no, our defense is alright. Its the midfield that have fallen into a deep, deep abyss.
Hooper haven't been seen since the Juve game and still Watt don't get a start, It might be that Hooper performs better in training, but as that doesn't show in the games, Lenny should be looking elsewhere
I'm heavily against Lennons love of Hooper, he seems to have an upper tier of "trusted" players who are unlikely to be dropped - Hooper, Mulgrew & Ledley in the main.

I'll repeat myself but - the reason why Watt doesn't features more is down to him. He's on a decent wage (very decent for his age & education) and fails to perform on the training pitch. It should be Stokes as first striker on the team-sheet, right now. Excellent season, out with a very complicated ankle-leg bone fractur for 6 months, since then, five goals in nine starts. Two of those have been winners in essential Cup ties. Even now he's proven again that he has real value to Celtic and me wrong.

Commons have been though some really bad games, before coming good in the last month+, and with Forrest out injured, McGeough should have been given more game time - still we have managed to line up with 2 central midfielders and two defenders in midfield, with no McGeough in sight
Because he adds no dimension to our team. Quick enough? Tricky enough? Creative enough? Dangerous enough? Not according to his performances this season. He has been used as gap-filler for our pre/post european matches.
Lenny is many things, but a manager that give youth a chance he isn't - Forrest is the biggest talent in Scotland so he is hard to look away for - Watt were chased by Liverpool and 4-5 other EPL sides, so he obvious have talent - beside that it is really limited how many youngsters that Lenny have played beside the a cup game now and then (or before an Champions League game)
:lol:

Forrest is used everytime he is available, no matter what. He got a nerve injection in his back to be able to play. The last time he was fit and unused was 11.5.2011, as I now say for the 4th time. Forrest is one of Lennons darlings.

The EPL, more so the Championship, signs an awful lot of youngsters that are - in 9/10 cases - loaned out for two years to see how they do. Average age of debutants is 23 in the EPL. Madness.

Watt was invited for a trial at Liverpool, it went as long as one session. He spoke about it very negativly, and no other EPL club was interested. When he came to Airdrie, his ball treatment was very raw, even with us, he was going to be offloaded - at least according to Frail - but for his suspension in the cup final that resulted in his sub apperances against Motherwell. He was earmarked for loans, which is pretty close to a kiss of death in our youth system.

Regarding Watt's CA, doesn't he start out as a decent Championship player, you can't really go lower than that, you might want to lower his professionalism, but he is still good enough for Celtic to award him a new contract just before Christmas
He sits at 116, 110 is my vague idea. I don't rate my players relative to other researchers ratings. Otherwise I would have a 160 Wanyama, as half the QPR squad is valued at 140+ CA.

He's a promising youngster. No McGeady, no Maloney, yet. He still has to prove his longevity is higher than Burchills, Millers, McGlincheys & Fotheringhams.

I'm hoping that Lennon is doing a "McGeady" on him by not playing him and trying to get him level headed again - but you can't really blame a young guy (to much) for letting it go to his head when he scores the winner against Barcelona
A McGeady? Watt is in his 2nd season now and McGeady had over 30 league appearances on record by this time.
Was your data not based on mostly what happened before january though? Your update was only at the tail end of that, so its not as if, there is a great deal can be done until next years version
Thanks, I really didn't saw the Stokes-revival coming. Whats your thoughs on him?

From what I've neem told, Mariga had a chat with Wanyama and urged him to be more selective in his transfer decisions and that he may sign a contract extension in late May.

Reg Watt

you are now talking about making him worse due to the last 4 months, but shouldn't he be judged over the hole season?

For a 19 year old to have played in 26 matches in the season so far - is very good, to have scored the winner against Barca is brilliant

If you look at the entire season (which isn't finished yet) he has done brilliant and more than expected

And Watt have scored twice the amount of goals in the SPL than Stokes have this season so far (Watt had the first part of the season, Stokes the second) - and he is only one goal behind Sammy

Our U-20 is very, very average.

I can't see anyone making it who is not cripplingly often injured.

Youngsters with debuts under Lennon: 17 - Towell, Herron, Toshney, Irvine, Slane, George, Fraser, Ibrahim, Blackman, Rogic, McGeouch, Watt, Wanyama, Matthews, James Forrest, F. Twardzik & Chalmers.

Thats over 5 debutants per season. A relativly high number of fresh blood.

Some of them (McGregor, Twardzik) are out for over 6 months now.

So you know about our players training performances better than him....? you are doing yourself no favours when using such inflammatory & polemic describtions.

I`ve seen quite a lot of our youngsters and Chalmers is very poor defending against cross and quicker opponents. If he would be a huge talent, he would get in the team. He's apparently not.

Sigh. He`s out until January 2014 with knee ligament damage. Apart from that, no, our defense is alright. Its the midfield that have fallen into a deep, deep abyss.

I'm heavily against Lennons love of Hooper, he seems to have an upper tier of "trusted" players who are unlikely to be dropped - Hooper, Mulgrew & Ledley in the main.

I'll repeat myself but - the reason why Watt doesn't features more is down to him. He's on a decent wage (very decent for his age & education) and fails to perform on the training pitch. It should be Stokes as first striker on the team-sheet, right now. Excellent season, out with a very complicated ankle-leg bone fractur for 6 months, since then, five goals in nine starts. Two of those have been winners in essential Cup ties. Even now he's proven again that he has real value to Celtic and me wrong.

Because he adds no dimension to our team. Quick enough? Tricky enough? Creative enough? Dangerous enough? Not according to his performances this season. He has been used as gap-filler for our pre/post european matches.

:lol:

Forrest is used everytime he is available, no matter what. He got a nerve injection in his back to be able to play. The last time he was fit and unused was 11.5.2011, as I now say for the 4th time. Forrest is one of Lennons darlings.

The EPL, more so the Championship, signs an awful lot of youngsters that are - in 9/10 cases - loaned out for two years to see how they do. Average age of debutants is 23 in the EPL. Madness.

Watt was invited for a trial at Liverpool, it went as long as one session. He spoke about it very negativly, and no other EPL club was interested. When he came to Airdrie, his ball treatment was very raw, even with us, he was going to be offloaded - at least according to Frail - but for his suspension in the cup final that resulted in his sub apperances against Motherwell. He was earmarked for loans, which is pretty close to a kiss of death in our youth system.

He sits at 116, 110 is my vague idea. I don't rate my players relative to other researchers ratings. Otherwise I would have a 160 Wanyama, as half the QPR squad is valued at 140+ CA.

He's a promising youngster. No McGeady, no Maloney, yet. He still has to prove his longevity is higher than Burchills, Millers, McGlincheys & Fotheringhams.

A McGeady? Watt is in his 2nd season now and McGeady had over 30 league appearances on record by this time.

Thanks, I really didn't saw the Stokes-revival coming. Whats your thoughs on him?

From what I've neem told, Mariga had a chat with Wanyama and urged him to be more selective in his transfer decisions and that he may sign a contract extension in late May.

How many of ... "Towell, Herron, Toshney, Irvine, Slane, George, Fraser, Ibrahim, Blackman, Rogic, McGeouch, Watt, Wanyama, Matthews, James Forrest, F. Twardzik & Chalmers" have played over 5 games a season for us?

Wanyama and Matthews were brought in as first team players, so that is nothing to do with Lenny giving youth a chance

So there is Forrest (the biggest talent in Scotland), Watt and McGeough

You don't give youth a chance by playing them once or twice a season

---

Where do you read that I claim to know how the players perform in training??? I say no such thing, so stop putting words in my mouth that ain't true

---

Fraser were serious injured mid Marts, so I have no idea where the "sigh" should be there - IF Lenny were given youth a chance, then Fraser would have been given regular games while Ambrose were away in January and/or when it was clear that he really hadn't returned from the ACN in/and after the first Juve game

---

With a "McGeady" I mean what Strachan managed him (Aiden) - there were a lot of talk about Strachan (and Aiden's dad) doing what they could to keep Aiden lvl headed - I could be that Lenny is trying to do the same with Watt (or not). The case is that Celtic had no problem giving Watt a new contract in December -

Forrest on his injury problems this season

""It was a nerve problem which was giving me a pain down my leg, which wasn't good. It has been like that since October.

"But I had an injection on my back to calm things down so hopefully I can play the remainder of the games.

"It was never a major problem, it was niggling but hopefully that's me."

How many of ... "Towell, Herron, Toshney, Irvine, Slane, George, Fraser, Ibrahim, Blackman, Rogic, McGeouch, Watt, Wanyama, Matthews, James Forrest, F. Twardzik & Chalmers" have played over 5 games a season for us?
Twardzik, with Chalmers follwing with 3 total appearances. I never spoke about 5 games a season. How are our most talented guys going to feature if they are injured? Lennon's fault?
Wanyama and Matthews were brought in as first team players, so that is nothing to do with Lenny giving youth a chance
They were/are still young players that got the nod ahead of more experienced players. It remains - 17 players below 20 had their debuts in 3 years under Lennon. Even better, when he signed them.
So there is Forrest (the biggest talent in Scotland), Watt and McGeough
The biggest talent in scotland? Oh my, Forrest miles ahead of Wanyama, Forster, Watt & Mackay-Steven? He has had an absolute average season so far, with increasing injury problems.
You don't give youth a chance by playing them once or twice a season
So...what did Lennon gave Watt then? Thats exactly what you do, FFS.
Where do you read that I claim to know how the players perform in training??? I say no such thing, so stop putting words in my mouth that ain't true
Aw, big boy, stay calm.

You lined up two options - either ludicrously radical, with Lenno acting with a mindset, close to shizophrenia, as Izzy was so, so bad, we would have found his equal in a non-League player or that Chalmers was simply one of the worst players we have ever had.

Don't act the offended sissy. I guess you have never seen Chalmers outside his cameos and Izzy has had more than 4 good games.

Get your fact rights and don't argue with "so or so."

Fraser were serious injured mid Marts, so I have no idea where the "sigh" should be there - IF Lenny were given youth a chance, then Fraser would have been given regular games while Ambrose were away in January and/or when it was clear that he really hadn't returned from the ACN in/and after the first Juve game
Because prior to that, Ambrose was, in the main, good. 10 clean sheets in 22 games, with excellent performances against Barcelona & Benfica. He had an excellent 2nd half against D Utd, direct input in 2 of our goals.

We have 5 other possible centre backs in the squad - thats the reason Fraser did not feature. His injury record was bad even before the injury.

With a "McGeady" I mean what Strachan managed him (Aiden) - there were a lot of talk about Strachan (and Aiden's dad) doing what they could to keep Aiden lvl headed - I could be that Lenny is trying to do the same with Watt (or not). The case is that Celtic had no problem giving Watt a new contract in December -
Strachan was awful with youngsters. I had a chat with Diarmuid O'Carroll, who was close to hating him. He chose Beardy McFud to play in the remaining games in 07/08, despite the huge performances of O'Dea. Certainly not the best example.

Yes, simply because his contract ran out and we wanted to keep a promising talent.

The case is that Lennon is on record about Watt as a terrible trainer that lacks discipline. He doesn't feature. A contract matters **** all.

And thanks, I can read the official interviews nearly as fine as you.

Stokes i must admit i thought was done - After all the ira shenanigans and his inury, i thought that was his celtic career at an end, so whatever Lennon/Mjallby/McGrain has said to him has worked wonders, and if your puzzled by the McGrain involvement, i have absolutely no doubt that danny has a firm input in grounding some players.

Im going to head to lennoxtown next time i get the chance to be off when a training session is on, ask around some questions and see where we lie at.

So season 2 came rolling around, and Wanyama was sadly stolen from me by sevilla! - Partially due to my mistake of letting him put a minimum release fee clause of 12.5 mil in his contract renewal :(.

Tranfers in:

Samba Sow - £8 mil, vics replacement, but nowhere near as good

Graham Dorrans - £3.2 mil

Few freebies and youth transfers in

Transfers out:

Victor Wanyama - £12.5 mil

Scott Brown - £3.8 mil

Loads of small loans out

Designed a new tactic which was very defensively sound, hardly conceeding over the season, but just not scoring a great deal of goals.

Lost out on both cups again, cant remember exactly why, but i wasnt impressed, romped the league though finishing on P38 W27 D10 L1 For 64 Ag 12 Pts 91.

A whopping 27 points clear of 2nd place! Dissapointed with the loss as i dominated the game, but hey ho - Failed to qualify from my Cl group again and got put out of the 1st knockout or 2nd knockout round of the Europa League.

Determined to do better this season or changes will be made

Howdy Bhoys(and any Ghirls) Sorry for not posting on here, totally forgot all about these forums as been living on talk celtic forum these days. How we all doing?? Hope were having a great title winning weekend :D

Been playing lot of FM2013 as usual had my career celtic game and have had an amazing 10 years in it so far which has seen me winning the 10 in a row, and winning the champions league twice...But being a season ticket holder and going to a number of developmental games this season been bugging me that i have never really used our youth that was there to it full,so started again with the latest update and plan to bring thru the youth this time(there might even be runs in the team for guys like sammy and mccourt lol) glad to see the same old faces playing as always and some new ones :D def gonna be lots more updates this time.....

332B471182C3539896337CED0CFA1E8B90BBD010

Here is my latest transfers at the start of the season...

Have had to bring in a few players to cover injuries to Izzy and wee jamesie who are both out for upto 5 months:

IN

Lee Naylor - i know lee is a getting on a bit but hes a former celt and still a good wee player, He is mainly gonna be as back up for young Chalmers who i know is a good wee player from my original career save and already hes showing some great skill with 2 assists to his name.

Mark O'Hara - looks a good wee prospect. 17 years old from killie and think he can settle right into the side given the chance. Maybe give a few games here and there in league cup and maybe after Champion's League games.

Cameron Stewart - Picked him up from hull on a season loan to help cover the loss of james forrest. 21 year old but looks good prospect.

Mathias Autret - Another 21yrd signed from Fc Lorient. Also looking a good prospect for the future and also here for cover for forrest.

Out

loaned out both twardzik brothers as rather see them get some 1st team than play in reserves and unders. Also loaned out marcus fraser as know he also becomes a great player.

Will update this every day as plan to get right into this save.

thanks mcgougan, good to be back,

So in october and still getting hit with some bugger's of injury's. Thought getting izzy back and dylan mcgeough is starting his journey back to fitness with a few reserve games.

Here are my games so far:

5F53DFE00D73A829CFCB257D0154F51EB3F882BB

Best game of the campaign so far was a 3-1 win over Stirling A.E.T was losing until the 94th min when broony rescued the match :D after that goals from paddy and new signing O'Hara on his debut won me the tie.....

B92F789ACC7ECFFA8985442FE85386C9BDB01F25

Looking forward to getting Bangura back in dec to see if he can carry on his form he currently showing just now at Elsfborg..Prob wont but hey we can but hope lol

1B656475CD317DB4B5E300780FEBF1D6700D6808

A bit of Wanyama magic- picture the scene, the unthinkable is happening and we are 1-0 down to Them in the SC Final as the match moves into 1st half injury time. I've spent the last few minutes getting ready to give them all a piece of my mind then this happens

[video=youtube;ku1kqBulVWw]

Its the curl on it that makes it for me. I have an even better goal that Wanyama scores in the LC Final if anyones interested.

Stokes i must admit i thought was done - After all the ira shenanigans and his inury, i thought that was his celtic career at an end, so whatever Lennon/Mjallby/McGrain has said to him has worked wonders, and if your puzzled by the McGrain involvement, i have absolutely no doubt that danny has a firm input in grounding some players.

Im going to head to lennoxtown next time i get the chance to be off when a training session is on, ask around some questions and see where we lie at.

My thought as well, especially with Lennons remarks of "reputation damaged."

I love Daniel Fergus. He's a cracker, Lustig had an interview in a swedish newspaper and cited him as his new idol :D the improvement of our full backs throughout the season is testament to his quality.

thanks mcgougan, good to be back

Looking forward to getting Bangura back in dec to see if he can carry on his form he currently showing just now at Elsfborg..Prob wont but hey we can but hope lol

1B656475CD317DB4B5E300780FEBF1D6700D6808

:thup:

Bangura is seemingly on rotation duty with Elfsborg...no chance he will be that good when he returns.;)

On a real-life issue - just like with Wanyama, we have relaunched contract talks with Gary Hooper whose demands appear to be bearable.

Hooper`s Demans are bearable? If Bangura is on 20k pw, I would hate to see what bearable is then!
I hear whispers of 28k.

Lassad is on 18k, Forster on 23+good clean sheet bonus money. Think he'd be worth it, even in his "lesser" form, with no drive & motivation.

Doesn't mean he will stay, or even sign. Could be Petrov-esque. Extension keep his price up as well.

So just over a month to go till the Jan Transfer window opens and thankfully sitting top of the league with Dundee Utd sitting in 2nd. In the League Cup Semi Final and if i beat Zenit in the last game of the Champions League i Qualify for the knockout stage :D

With the squad have set up the 2 deals that i should only be doing in the window, Ole Pistol Pete handed me an extra £5 Million and that was all i needed to go out get the man i wanted to lead my attack alongside Hooper.

But first my scout flagged up this Player Javad Nekounam. He's 32 but looks the sort of player i want in my centre midfield to beef it up when needed. Looks a bit of a beast and hoping to use him also as a tutor to one of my younger centre mids to help beef them up.

A9C7CC32BC651D63A31E844891E4BD39D21AE563

But here is the man i had to go in for, He was a total Legend in my previous save, infact here's how he ended up in 2021...

82BDB3D3B7E7125ACFD733C7C0E93496B5D3FCC3

And Here's him at the moment. Just hope he ends up like my last game as he was immense :D

1FE2A4D5828023269AD3BDD4773C7352236C3926

I hear whispers of 28k.

Lassad is on 18k, Forster on 23+good clean sheet bonus money. Think he'd be worth it, even in his "lesser" form, with no drive & motivation.

Doesn't mean he will stay, or even sign. Could be Petrov-esque. Extension keep his price up as well.

Thats far too much, Broonie being on 25k is excessive, we arent overly rich

What an amazing First Leg in the Champions League Knockout Stages against The Mighty Arsenal. Proves why i bought in Jelle Vossen. Guy is such an amazing player in this game...

DCC585F761B8AF753CBFA1A1599C80B388A8C00B

What an amazing First Leg in the Champions League Knockout Stages against The Mighty Arsenal. Proves why i bought in Jelle Vossen. Guy is such an amazing player in this game...

DCC585F761B8AF753CBFA1A1599C80B388A8C00B

you must have been pretty pleased with Forster as well ;-)

Just finished the season

spl2019.jpg

When not resting him ahead of (or after) CL matches I have to say that Spacey did just fine

spaceyaverage19.jpg

14 Yellow cards in total in the CL final - crazy - the players couldn't make a tackle without getting a card flashed at them

14yellowcardsclfinal.jpg

But the cup came home again, but the nerves were getting thin with all the red cards around the corner

This is Gaston 1½ years later - gone up to 4½ star and the player I spend most time specializing training for

gerardgaston2.jpg

another year has passed, this is Gaston in 2019

4 star potential - he is a 2 star atm - just won his first Scotland cap

gaston2019.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Started up another game with Celtic in the Championship (put nevco in div 2) (with the changes to the db that I posted earlier)

Brought in:

Briggs - Fulham (loan)

Strandberg - Rosenborg

Hughes - Derby

Litmanen - Free

Didac Vila - Milan

Wilson, Sammy, Izzy and Ledley were the biggest names that were sold

---

Won the league with 23 points down to nr 2 (Burnley) 101 points in total - Wasn't in the league cup by some reason??? - Lost the FA cup semi to Spurs

Forster-Wanyama, Strandberg, Hughes, Watt and Hooper in team of the year

Hooper topscorer of the year in the Championship (41 goals in the league) - Watt finished 3rd (26 goals in the league)

---

Will look to add a lot of players in the summer as the hole team will need to have EPL class, so far Estigarribia (free) and N'Djeng (£3.3m) are joining

Looking for; back up keeper, left back to fight with Vila for the place, back up CB, back up MC (defensive), back up right winger, back up "creative" striker, and a striker to battle with Estigarribia for the left wing spot

Hopefully the team will managed with the extra players (hopefully) joining

Started a save with Celtic and had planned to put them in League One in England but just left it as it is. I am pleased with how wee have started so far, some cracking results. I will keep this short and sweet as I am not one for posting my progress. I play a 4-3-1-2 most games and a 4-1-3-2 against harder/tricky games. This is my progress so far :

My Transfers

celtictransfershistory.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

League Table

clydesdalebankpremierlec.png

Champions League

europeanchampionscupovew.png

Not sure how I have managed to qualify from this group of death, when I first seen it I thought I would be lucky to finish 3rd lol but I got some luck not that I am complaining lol.

Haven't started a save as Celtic, so not sure if this is the correct thread...but just came to say they seem to be punch ridiculously above their weight all the time on my Dortmund save. They basically play like they did against Barcelona this year IRL, but in every single Champions League game. So I guess there is a fair bit of realism there, but I don't think they would ever be that consistent! They generally top their group & tend to reach the QF's which they practically never do IRL.

Anyway, they play an interested 3-5-2 with 2 DM's & a RM/CM/LM in midfield but it's hard to exploit the seeming weakness they would have down the flanks, and when you do their CB's are imperious on crosses. They won 2-0 at our ground during the group stage this season (7th season), but I have just managed to squeeze past them in the QF's after they destroyed Bayern in the 2nd Rnd :D

Haven't started a save as Celtic, so not sure if this is the correct thread...but just came to say they seem to be punch ridiculously above their weight all the time on my Dortmund save. They basically play like they did against Barcelona this year IRL, but in every single Champions League game. So I guess there is a fair bit of realism there, but I don't think they would ever be that consistent! They generally top their group & tend to reach the QF's which they practically never do IRL.

Anyway, they play an interested 3-5-2 with 2 DM's & a RM/CM/LM in midfield but it's hard to exploit the seeming weakness they would have down the flanks, and when you do their CB's are imperious on crosses. They won 2-0 at our ground during the group stage this season (7th season), but I have just managed to squeeze past them in the QF's after they destroyed Bayern in the 2nd Rnd :D

Surprised by that. Although we are very resilient since Sion - rarely lost and, apart from Juve, only against Atletico Madrid with a 2 goal margin. Same domestically, we struggle when our focus is away and pressure low, or suddenly turn on the style when we face a bad run of results. We are a force in the air, a focus point of Lennon in apparently most of his transfers.

Our rating is very average - you have Championship teams with higher CA - yet the big match rating seem to getting a bit out of hand in your safe.

You might be onto something as a few players are glitchy, for example Mulgrew - in my games, he never had below 7.3 average p/s despite 118 CA. More or less the same with Ambrose. This, along with a too optimistic Forster rating, may contribute to atoo sturdy defense in-game when our only consistent stalwarts are Kelvin Wilson (who is actually aerially weak in game) and Lustig.

Will try to deal with this.

3-5-2 is amazing! With the right tactics, it can be extremely flexible with little weak spots.

You tried it with the old 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 trick?

Looking at forsters stats in game, do you think they are accurate? Ie enough to force a big move?
Too good, or more specific - too decisive.

He is definitly an outstanding shotstopper, fully on international level, yet lacks - and barely attempts - decisive interventions of through balls, crosses and passes. Struggles a bit with communication and organisations.

In my newest set-up, he is at 134 CA & has pretty obvious weaknesses due to the tweaks.

Could we keep all real life stuff for the Football Forum and keep this on track. Cheers.

Most of it is for in game mate - For example that question was asked because theyre were rumours in my game that valencia were after the big man, so im wondering if they should be lowered for the next game?

Too good, or more specific - too decisive.

He is definitly an outstanding shotstopper, fully on international level, yet lacks - and barely attempts - decisive interventions of through balls, crosses and passes. Struggles a bit with communication and organisations.

In my newest set-up, he is at 134 CA & has pretty obvious weaknesses due to the tweaks.

Sounds grand mate

Most of it is for in game mate - For example that question was asked because theyre were rumours in my game that valencia were after the big man, so im wondering if they should be lowered for the next game?

Most yes, some no.

Just a friendly reminder :).

Archived