FM13: Celtic - 125 Years Of Unbroken History

McGeady10

Theres definitely a few things I would change, Forrest is not that injury prone, as DKB said that will destroy his career.
I've updated his injuries in my editor - its his third season and he has racked up a whole season on the sideline. Severe hamstring & back issues. Seems to be something to do with the explosive start these guys have. Top sprinters are prone to these injuries too, and it's as if the hamstring is stretched to far too quickly.

Some hamstring problems are posture related too and it looks like James Forrest may be a victim for similar reasons, although our Sport Scientist stated that Matthews is quicker accelerating.

Lennon has recently said that he its really frustrating for Forrest and hopes that his injury problems are due to a growth issue, ergo not permanent plagging/wrecking his career.

hamstring 15.9.2011 - 18.12.2011 (three months)

calf injury 18.3.2012 - 30.4.2012 (6 weeks)

hamstring 16.7.2012 - 25.8.2012 (a month)

hamstring 28.12.2012 - 15.1.2013 (a month)

hamstring 26.1.2013 - 18.2.2013 (a month)

back injury 27.2.2013 -??? (2/3/4 months)

Surely that is enough for a 21 year old to be considered injury-prone? Consider that Lennon always uses Forrest, when fit. Last time he was available and unused was 11.5.2011 against the Jambos.

Samaras`s Passing isnt great IRL, his composure is though. I would upgrade his finishing a little also.
With higher composure, his scoring tally would go sky high. Had a playthrough with 11 and he scored 14 goals in 34 matches. Of the 11 goals scored so far, only 5 are scored by foot. Even if you take last years 4 by foot into account, he really is atrocious under "high-pressure scoring opportunities" which is a paraphrase of offensive composI`d consider to raise his flair to make him even more enigmaticly frustrating/brillant which could result in some of his great overhead kick-goals.
Scott brown needs a mental overhaul, Ledley is a phenom IRL so he could be altered, Big vic im quite happy with...
What attributes do you suggest regarind Browns mental stats? He is marvellous when pressed defensivly, and is, by far, the best scottish midfielder when it comes to take the opponents by the horn, regain & retain possession. We have somewhat around 90% winning ratio with him in the team. Ledley has had an okay-ish season, so far, and is still rated by the FM Scout at ca. 72%.
Mulgrew is pretty solid as a cb, he doesnt get caught out anywhere near the amount the ambrose does IRL, btw he is a complete liability, give him good ball playing stats, but his heading and marking are pretty atrocious, and he is not a big game player. I havent looked at the important matches stat at all, but IMO Hooper, Watt, Ledley, Brown, Matthews, Mulgrew, Forster, Samaras should all have high important matches attributes.
I'm very unhappy about Mulgrews effectivity in the game. He won PotY twice in my game with 7.88/7.71 on average. Agreed with his negative aspects.

Oh, and Celtic are probably the team with the highest big game-rating of all :D

McGeouch is all about tricks and skills, and I would say that his pace and acceleration is actually relatively good.
Disagreed, he is average. A shadow of the player I saw in the NextGen series and hardly stands out in our U20 games. Outpaced by Martin Scott, Lawson & Gary Teale and unable to beat those supposed "**** poor" SPL-defenders. If he actually had the creative spark that our creativity bereft team craves, he would be in the team every week. He featured in more U20 games than first team matches.
We are a last 16 team, because of the discipline and determination lennon has installed in the squad, Also hooper has to have a far higher workrate, he drops deep alot IRL and then still gets into the box to poach a tonne of goals.
Our domestic performances would contradict that statement.

A team who have little creativity, with a soft centre and a real lack of motivation outside of Europe.

Peaked this season with CL v Barca, but that has concealed bigger issues both on and off the park that have to be addressed.

Hooper isn't really outstanding this season or particularly prolific since december and is a wasted jersey at the moment. Downed tools and will be a certainty to be away in the summer.

I have said it before in previous fm`s also, The celtic squad hasnt been given the ratings it deserves, and its purely because of the bias of the english league - Some of our players are severely talented, yet get downgraded because the quality of league isnt the same. It`s not correct
Agreed. The EPL ratings are - from my point of view - horrendously exuberant in some cases. QPR are able to field a team of 140ers! Various ratings are just obscene....which makes the editor even more used. :lol: EL & CL are almost domestic cup competitions in most of my FM games.

Miles Addison has spoken about it in one of the podcasts, saying there are english bias at some points. Its open-sourced though and you can make your own ratings anytime.

Regarding Celtic - I rate the SPL better, in some cases much better, than it is represented. Its not down to a lack of quality, more a completly unconstructive & negative promotion and carried by EPL-TV/Sky as its to be the odd man out. Remember, guys like Craig Burley "promote" the scottish game. What he said previous to the LC-final is nothing but shambolic, compare that to the Swansea-Bradford final that was presented as evidence for in-depth quality down the league.

Some players, I'd say on the current base of performances, Kelvin Wilson & Mikael Lustig in particular, deserve middle 130 CA in the same way that some non-Celtic players are 120 CA material.

Why on the new patch are we 2.8 mil in debt? I thought we had cleared that?
We had to represent the grim starting circumstances in August. Data is from annual report: Year-end net bank debt of £2.77m (2011: £0.53m)

http://www.celticfc.net/downloads/Annual%20Report%202012.pdf

Last one is much sweeter:

• Turnover increased by 71.0% to £50.06m (2011: £29.27m).

• Operating expenses increased by 30.2% to £36.96m (2011: £28.39m).

• Profit from trading of £13.10m (2011: £0.88m).

• Profit on disposal of intangible assets £5.20m (2011: £3.15m).

• Profit before taxation of £14.94m (2011:£0.18m).

• Period end net bank debt of £0.13m (2011: £7.05m).

• Investment in football personnel of £4.65m (2011: £4.44m).

• 19 home fixtures (2011: 16).

Although non-current liabilities are credited up to 10m and with the obligatory flotation of debt at Parkhead, lets wait and see.

And vic we should easily be looking for 12-15 for him, and hooper 7 mil, If andy carroll commanded a 35 mil fee to liverpool, when in the same season hooper scored and assisted more than him, why is hooper not worth 35 mil?? :D
Agreed about Vic and I'd expect a bidding war. No chance with Hooper though, contract running out and we are looking for 4m in the summer. Final Norwich bid in January was 6.4m.

Its Liverpool with Dalgliesh as manager, they spent 80m on 4 very average players and nearly went out against Hearts.... :p

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lennon has recently said that he its really frustrating for Forrest and hopes that his injury problems are due to a growth issue, ergo not permanent plagging/wrecking his career.

Surely that is enough for a 21 year old to be considered injury-prone?

you say it yourself, Lennon/Celtic thinks that it is growth issues, should he have growth issues when he is 25-28-30?

I've played 5½ seasons now with him on injury 7 - that have keeped him out for 42 weeks in total, given that his injuries are down to growth issues (which is the best source we have) that is pretty realistic - He will then have halved the time spend on the treatment table pr year as he has now

17 is way to much, you could argue that 13 may be more reasenbel, but then you would make the call on his current state of fitness, not what he would be like, when/if he gets over it

I've updated his injuries in my editor - its his third season and he has racked up a whole season on the sideline. Severe hamstring & back issues. Seems to be something to do with the explosive start these guys have. Top sprinters are prone to these injuries too, and it's as if the hamstring is stretched to far too quickly.

Some hamstring problems are posture related too and it looks like James Forrest may be a victim for similar reasons, although our Sport Scientist stated that Matthews is quicker accelerating.

Surely that is enough for a 21 year old to be considered injury-prone? Consider that Lennon always uses Forrest, when fit. Last time he was available and unused was 11.5.2011 against the Jambos.

With higher composure, his scoring tally would go sky high. Had a playthrough with 11 and he scored 14 goals in 34 matches. Of the 11 goals scored so far, only 5 are scored by foot. Even if you take last years 4 by foot into account, he really is atrocious under "high-pressure scoring opportunities" which is a paraphrase of offensive composI`d consider to raise his flair to make him even more enigmaticly frustrating/brillant which could result in some of his great overhead kick-goals.

What attributes do you suggest regarind Browns mental stats? He is marvellous when pressed defensivly, and is, by far, the best scottish midfielder when it comes to take the opponents by the horn, regain & retain possession. We have somewhat around 90% winning ratio with him in the team. Ledley has had an okay-ish season, so far, and is still rated by the FM Scout at ca. 72%.

I'm very unhappy about Mulgrews effectivity in the game. He won PotY twice in my game with 7.88/7.71 on average. Agreed with his negative aspects.

Oh, and Celtic are probably the team with the highest big game-rating of all :D

Disagreed, he is average. A shadow of the player I saw in the NextGen series and hardly stands out in our U20 games. Outpaced by Martin Scott, Lawson & Gary Teale and unable to beat those supposed "**** poor" SPL-defenders. If he actually had the creative spark that our creativity bereft team craves, he would be in the team every week. He featured in more U20 games than first team matches.

Our domestic performances would contradict that statement.

A team who have little creativity, with a soft centre and a real lack of motivation outside of Europe.

Peaked this season with CL v Barca, but that has concealed bigger issues both on and off the park that have to be addressed.

Hooper isn't really outstanding this season or particularly prolific since december and is a wasted jersey at the moment. Downed tools and will be a certainty to be away in the summer.

Agreed. The EPL ratings are - from my point of view - horrendously exuberant in some cases. QPR are able to field a team of 140ers! Various ratings are just obscene....which makes the editor even more used. :lol: EL & CL are almost domestic cup competitions in most of my FM games.

Miles Addison has spoken about it in one of the podcasts, saying there are english bias at some points. Its open-sourced though and you can make your own ratings anytime.

Regarding Celtic - I rate the SPL better, in some cases much better, than it is represented. Its not down to a lack of quality, more a completly unconstructive & negative promotion and carried by EPL-TV/Sky as its to be the odd man out. Remember, guys like Craig Burley "promote" the scottish game. What he said previous to the LC-final is nothing but shambolic, compare that to the Swansea-Bradford final that was presented as evidence for in-depth quality down the league.

Some players, I'd say on the current base of performances, Kelvin Wilson & Mikael Lustig in particular, deserve middle 130 CA in the same way that some non-Celtic players are 120 CA material.

We had to represent the grim starting circumstances in August. Data is from annual report: Year-end net bank debt of £2.77m (2011: £0.53m)

http://www.celticfc.net/downloads/Annual%20Report%202012.pdf

Last one is much sweeter:

• Turnover increased by 71.0% to £50.06m (2011: £29.27m).

• Operating expenses increased by 30.2% to £36.96m (2011: £28.39m).

• Profit from trading of £13.10m (2011: £0.88m).

• Profit on disposal of intangible assets £5.20m (2011: £3.15m).

• Profit before taxation of £14.94m (2011:£0.18m).

• Period end net bank debt of £0.13m (2011: £7.05m).

• Investment in football personnel of £4.65m (2011: £4.44m).

• 19 home fixtures (2011: 16).

Although non-current liabilities are credited up to 10m and with the obligatory flotation of debt at Parkhead, lets wait and see.

Agreed about Vic and I'd expect a bidding war. No chance with Hooper though, contract running out and we are looking for 4m in the summer. Final Norwich bid in January was 6.4m.

Its Liverpool with Dalgliesh as manager, they spent 80m on 4 very average players and nearly went out against Hearts.... :p

How high are the other players injury ratings? As i seem to have quite an injury prone team, and another fm user has seen the same issue?

Samaras in my game, rotated as a left winger/striker - 16 apps (3) subs, 1 goal, 4 assists, 1 POTM, average rating of a 7.26, the average rating I think is perhaps down to my tactic as the wingers dont have alot to do that will make them error prone, composure of a 7 is definitely to low, I would go for a solid 10, or if you want to change it around go for an 8-9 on composure and a 16 on flair then, tackling of 4 is low aswell, even though he doesnt do a great deal of tackling, most of his tackles connect, especially when he slides along the ground.Dribbling is good, but im undecided as to whether it is too low or not, he`s not called Dr.Sticky feet on tic talk for nothing lol!

Broony i would lower his flair as 11 is too high for him, off the ball could go upto 14 i reckon as he does a hell of alot of work off the ball chasing back and so on, decisions are ok, and creativity needs lowered to 9-10, i would maybe lower his anticipation to 13? And improve his composure to 16, as i feel that he does well when looking for a pass or holding the ball up, but i dont think he always cuts out play when he should, thats how he ends up in so many tangles, because hes just a second too late at times.

I cant get mulgrew to perform to those levels, whilst he is averaging a 7.36, i notice most of my goals conceeded come from him mistiming his jumps, more so than any other defender.

We shall agree to disagree on that one, i think because of the injury he had its taking him alot longer to get back to the level he was at, for example, hes better than ryan conroy now of dundee, and ive played with ryan, and ryan is fairly creative.

Our domestic form atm i think is more about bad form just now, i think because the team had expected to romp the league, and they done so, they took theyre foot of the gas and now theyre doing classic celtic and are too confident because they are so far ahead, so theyre bottle is going. This has happened to us before and weve lost the league because of it before! Its a rot at the core that never gets fixed.

Hooper i still think has a workrate of around 16, or actually probably teamwork instead as thats what he looks to do.

I didnt realise miles had said that, The spl is a more mucky get in and about it kindof league with an emphasis more on strong tackling and direct football, which is in comparison to the shorter quicker passing of the EPL, the difference between the 2 leagues now is that scotland have completely forgot about grass roots football, and because of that, our league is suffering, but the quality of the game is still good - Craig burley is a fanny, dont get me started on him.

Who`s our highest CA and PA ?

We were at 550k the year before in the annual report, and now its went up again, so lets see how it goes at the end of this season/start of new.

Norwich bid was 9 mil with add ons, always take that into consideration, i dont want them to go at all, but it may happen, also incidentally why does Vic in game say he wants to move to a bigger club, yet IRL he has said he is happy at celtic park?

How high are the other players injury ratings? As i seem to have quite an injury prone team, and another fm user has seen the same issue?
15 players have above 10 Injury proness - Kayal, Ledley, Lassad, Commons, McCourt & Rogne from the first team. Its rather going up for the next update, especially at the Development Squad. Twardzik, McGregor and others have hardly featured at all and Herron is injured again...Broony has to go up as well.
Samaras in my game, rotated as a left winger/striker - 16 apps (3) subs, 1 goal, 4 assists, 1 POTM, average rating of a 7.26, the average rating I think is perhaps down to my tactic as the wingers dont have alot to do that will make them error prone, composure of a 7 is definitely to low, I would go for a solid 10, or if you want to change it around go for an 8-9 on composure and a 16 on flair then, tackling of 4 is low aswell, even though he doesnt do a great deal of tackling, most of his tackles connect, especially when he slides along the ground. Dribbling is good, but im undecided as to whether it is too low or not, he`s not called Dr.Sticky feet on tic talk for nothing lol!
:lol:

His low composure/concentration/consistency will make him very erratic, my current game has him at 16 flair and 8 composure - think we can settle here. His slide tackles are a thing of beauty, those gracious, ever-lasting tackles...

You are on tic talk? I really like this board.

Broony i would lower his flair as 11 is too high for him, off the ball could go upto 14 i reckon as he does a hell of alot of work off the ball chasing back and so on, decisions are ok, and creativity needs lowered to 9-10, i would maybe lower his anticipation to 13? And improve his composure to 16, as i feel that he does well when looking for a pass or holding the ball up, but i dont think he always cuts out play when he should, thats how he ends up in so many tangles, because hes just a second too late at times.
Brown is capable of those lovely through balls or the famous left footed curved ball but they are rare, agreed. Off the ball has a higher impact on their forward movement than it has on their defensiv workload, I don't think he is great at roaming or running into channels.
I cant get mulgrew to perform to those levels, whilst he is averaging a 7.36, i notice most of my goals conceeded come from him mistiming his jumps, more so than any other defender.
Its strange for me. I've edited various SPL opponents for the better but my 3 man defense of Mulgrew-Wilson-Ambrose holds firm in most of all games. Ambrose - now worsened - in particular is a beast, 7.93 in 34 apps with only 3 goals scored and You would not want to play with Mulgrew & Ambrose in europe IRL! Guess its a tad overpowered to play with 3 at the back against the multitude of one-striker formations and the set-piece kings were prone to be overrated previously. Mulgrew sits at 118 CA, with 11/12 for marking/tackling and 10/10/13 for concentration/composure/heading, would you agree on those lines?
We shall agree to disagree on that one, i think because of the injury he had its taking him alot longer to get back to the level he was at, for example, hes better than ryan conroy now of dundee, and ive played with ryan, and ryan is fairly creative.
Played with Ryan IRL? Agreed, Ryan is quite gifted but Dundee had a forsaken season. Its difficult for McGeouch with his father seemingly influencing him and his broken jaw. He definitly has good controll and is able to shoot/pass in a way to unlock defenses but its not happening for him now. Kenny McMillan had a few interviews recently and he mentioned whose among the fastest in the squad but never mentioned him. Tony Watts situation is even worse, given his meteoric rise but we shall not over-interpret Lennons small bits about it.
Our domestic form atm i think is more about bad form just now, i think because the team had expected to romp the league, and they done so, they took theyre foot of the gas and now theyre doing classic celtic and are too confident because they are so far ahead, so theyre bottle is going. This has happened to us before and weve lost the league because of it before! Its a rot at the core that never gets fixed.
Haha, you mean we need a bit more Tywin Lannister? Its disheartening as a supporter, to see your team rack up 10 clean sheets in 20 games, reaching the last 16 and then stumble to 10 conceded goals in the last 6 games because they can't be bothered, almost entirely after going infront early in the game. At the moment, I would put my money on Dundee Utd to reach the final, as long as its played at Hampden.
Hooper i still think has a workrate of around 16, or actually probably teamwork instead as thats what he looks to do.
16 for TW sounds great.
I didnt realise miles had said that, The spl is a more mucky get in and about it kindof league with an emphasis more on strong tackling and direct football, which is in comparison to the shorter quicker passing of the EPL, the difference between the 2 leagues now is that scotland have completely forgot about grass roots football, and because of that, our league is suffering, but the quality of the game is still good - Craig burley is a fanny, dont get me started on him.
Yep, the pace is even more frantic. Grass root football & community coaching is at a low but its still very enjoyable - especially for the money available and I hope the league gets the recognition it deserves.
Who`s our highest CA and PA ?
I've got a game set-up for the new season with Hooper and Wanyama leaving. Forster/139, next is Kelvin/138, with Lustig/137 and Broony still at 136. Potentially, Forster with 158, Watt at 147 and Rogic/Forrest at 147.

Yours?

We were at 550k the year before in the annual report, and now its went up again, so lets see how it goes at the end of this season/start of new.
Yes, the year before we were at very high numbers and the CL group stage was our salvation. Its nice to have a boardroom full of competent NED's & Peter Lawwell. Dermot has probably overtaken Fergus in investments.
Norwich bid was 9 mil with add ons, always take that into consideration, i dont want them to go at all, but it may happen, also incidentally why does Vic in game say he wants to move to a bigger club, yet IRL he has said he is happy at celtic park?
Moore has knocked on his door to get a big transfer and he has played for 6 clubs already, with the 7th coming in summer, hence the high ambition ranking that caused the "move-to-bigger-club"-demand.

I've got a pretty decent source for the 6.4m bid, its highly unlikely we could or would have refused a 9m offer for a guy that otherwise had to be sold in the summer.

15 players have above 10 Injury proness - Kayal, Ledley, Lassad, Commons, McCourt & Rogne from the first team. Its rather going up for the next update, especially at the Development Squad. Twardzik, McGregor and others have hardly featured at all and Herron is injured again...Broony has to go up as well.

:lol:

His low composure/concentration/consistency will make him very erratic, my current game has him at 16 flair and 8 composure - think we can settle here. His slide tackles are a thing of beauty, those gracious, ever-lasting tackles...

You are on tic talk? I really like this board.

Brown is capable of those lovely through balls or the famous left footed curved ball but they are rare, agreed. Off the ball has a higher impact on their forward movement than it has on their defensiv workload, I don't think he is great at roaming or running into channels.

Its strange for me. I've edited various SPL opponents for the better but my 3 man defense of Mulgrew-Wilson-Ambrose holds firm in most of all games. Ambrose - now worsened - in particular is a beast, 7.93 in 34 apps with only 3 goals scored and You would not want to play with Mulgrew & Ambrose in europe IRL! Guess its a tad overpowered to play with 3 at the back against the multitude of one-striker formations and the set-piece kings were prone to be overrated previously. Mulgrew sits at 118 CA, with 11/12 for marking/tackling and 10/10/13 for concentration/composure/heading, would you agree on those lines?

Played with Ryan IRL? Agreed, Ryan is quite gifted but Dundee had a forsaken season. Its difficult for McGeouch with his father seemingly influencing him and his broken jaw. He definitly has good controll and is able to shoot/pass in a way to unlock defenses but its not happening for him now. Kenny McMillan had a few interviews recently and he mentioned whose among the fastest in the squad but never mentioned him. Tony Watts situation is even worse, given his meteoric rise but we shall not over-interpret Lennons small bits about it.

Haha, you mean we need a bit more Tywin Lannister? Its disheartening as a supporter, to see your team rack up 10 clean sheets in 20 games, reaching the last 16 and then stumble to 10 conceded goals in the last 6 games because they can't be bothered, almost entirely after going infront early in the game. At the moment, I would put my money on Dundee Utd to reach the final, as long as its played at Hampden.

16 for TW sounds great.

Yep, the pace is even more frantic. Grass root football & community coaching is at a low but its still very enjoyable - especially for the money available and I hope the league gets the recognition it deserves.

I've got a game set-up for the new season with Hooper and Wanyama leaving. Forster/139, next is Kelvin/138, with Lustig/137 and Broony still at 136. Potentially, Forster with 158, Watt at 147 and Rogic/Forrest at 147.

Yours?

Yes, the year before we were at very high numbers and the CL group stage was our salvation. Its nice to have a boardroom full of competent NED's & Peter Lawwell. Dermot has probably overtaken Fergus in investments.

Moore has knocked on his door to get a big transfer and he has played for 6 clubs already, with the 7th coming in summer, hence the high ambition ranking that caused the "move-to-bigger-club"-demand.

I've got a pretty decent source for the 6.4m bid, its highly unlikely we could or would have refused a 9m offer for a guy that otherwise had to be sold in the summer.

Thats explains alot of the injurys i have been getting, it has rather ruined my season at times, which is pretty hard but enjoyable none the less.

Settle on 16 flair and 8 composure sounds good! No not on the board, listened to tic talk.

Ok well if off the ball is more for forward runs lets leave it at that, but improve the composure to 16? And lower the anticipation to 13?

Thats really strange how that works, what formation are you playing then? Yeah the set piece takers are overrated its unbelievable,

Mulgrew has in my game, 12 for marking and 15 for tackling and concentration 13, composure 10 and heading 15, yet he still mistimes alot, and this is without me editing his stats.

Yeah went to high school with ryan and played in the class tournaments etc, claim to fame is, he chipped our keeper from about 15 yards out, but id been tracking him, curved my run behind the keeper, caught the ball on my chest, skint conroy (perhaps he was just in shock ha), and launched the ball up the field leading to a goal :D.

We need a captain that isnt injured as often with the same leadership as brooney, its the only way we would keep our chins up at the final hurdle, i think the problem being buying all these players from england, they dont give a **** about winning the spl as they have been told its a diddy competiton. Id put my money on utd aswell

Teamwork is settled

I havent checked our ca/pa.

Perhaps he has, im not fully up on board issues and investments just now.

Thats fair enough, moore can **** off though :D, well im not sure about that, did mcgeady not have like 1 and a bit years left on his contract when we sold him to spartak?

So last season was a very strange season for me - Had a tonne of injurys all season, so i was experimenting with tactics quite alot - Ended up settling on one which i was quite happy with.

Got to the finals of both cups and unfortunately lost them, and it took me till 33 games to get to 1st in the premier league, Well what a nervous finish it was! 37 games played and we were finally confirmed as champions.

Went out 3rd in the champs league group, and then followed up with a 2nd Knockout round loss to Montpeillier in the Europa league

Final league table stats looked a bit like this: Pld 38 W 18 D 17 L 3 For 56 Ag 25 GD +31 Pts 71

So as you can see draws absolutely killed me that season, So i decided I had a good basis for a tactic, but the ethos needed changing, as I am quite probably the strongest team in the league, I went from a control mentality to an attacking mentality.

4 competitive games played, 4 wins albeit against lower level CL oppositions and a result against Motherwell who are the only team to score into me so far.

A mighty 18 goals scored and 1 conceeded, things are hopefully looking on the up!

On the transfer side of things, it went thus:

2012/13:

In:

Mika (Gk) This being on a free towards the very end of the season

Out:

Commons £1 mil

Rogne £90 k

McCourt £100 k

Slane £40k

2013/2014:

In:

Danny Batth - Free

Rodrigo Battaglia - Free

Out:

Anthony Stokes - Free

Daryl Murphy - Free

As you can see, no money spent on transfers, and literally a handful of money coming in - Although I got a 4 mil transfer kitty second season, I decided I wanted to spend that on improving the coaching staff and physios, so this is what I have done.

Generally content with the squad, I wont make any major changes until someone better comes up on a free, then I will sell the high earners, except Wanyama if i can avoid that :D.

Thoughts?

Thats explains alot of the injurys i have been getting, it has rather ruined my season at times, which is pretty hard but enjoyable none the less.
Its really enjoyable, compared to FM12. You could go on holiday for two years and come back with two tripples in the back, with the rivals settling 6-ish.
Settle on 16 flair and 8 composure sounds good! No not on the board, listened to tic talk.
:thup:

With flair coming up, would you agree with 13 dribbling? He certainly is able to beat men/controll the ball in tight situations but his trademark runs are more by force & pace.

Ok well if off the ball is more for forward runs lets leave it at that, but improve the composure to 16? And lower the anticipation to 13?
Agreed, with creativity down to 9?
Thats really strange how that works, what formation are you playing then? Yeah the set piece takers are overrated its unbelievable,
Usually 3-5-2 against one striker line-ups and 4-3-3 with 2/3. Will upload screens later.
Mulgrew has in my game, 12 for marking and 15 for tackling and concentration 13, composure 10 and heading 15, yet he still mistimes alot, and this is without me editing his stats.
Hmm...I'll start a new game with lowered stats and let it run for a season to look how he performs outwith that cheat-ish formation. Pity we can't implement his slip-ups :D
Yeah went to high school with ryan and played in the class tournaments etc, claim to fame is, he chipped our keeper from about 15 yards out, but id been tracking him, curved my run behind the keeper, caught the ball on my chest, skint conroy (perhaps he was just in shock ha), and launched the ball up the field leading to a goal :D.
Thats a cracker! ;) He seems to be one of the better Dundee players - who are doing surprisingly well under John Brown - and should get a decent offer from elsewehere.

I was just a hoofball defender, having more talent in injuring players than with the ball. :o

We need a captain that isnt injured as often with the same leadership as brooney, its the only way we would keep our chins up at the final hurdle, i think the problem being buying all these players from england, they dont give a **** about winning the spl as they have been told its a diddy competiton. Id put my money on utd aswell
Yes, Broony has really struggled with re-occuring injuries. Ankle, metatarsus, hip flexor muscle....

Yes, on the one hand I think there are a lot of different types and we may have had a bad habbit of choosing comparably ambitious players, remember Mo Bangura's infamous "I want to play in the EPL/La Liga/Bundesliga next year!"-headline?

On the other hand, our club is seen by agents as a good station for 2/3 seasons on their train to huge contracts. Forster has already held interviews were he talked along the lines of "If there is a chance of playing EPL next year, I'd take it."

Expect him to be Fulhams Nr. 1 in one/two years time.

Very impressed by Kelvin though - has settled his life, after his nightmare start and dealt with his issues to become our PotY so far and as an introvert tends to avoid interview-revelations :lol: Has his best games against fast, nippy, technical forwards but needs a more aggressive partner for the big tanks. Hope he stays for long.

Perhaps he has, im not fully up on board issues and investments just now.
We have to wait till the next annual report or until we are invited to the boardroom as we seem to prefer a less-controversial, more settled financial structure than other clubs... ;)

Dermot never attends an AGM, his golfing must take ages :D

Thats fair enough, moore can **** off though :D, well im not sure about that, did mcgeady not have like 1 and a bit years left on his contract when we sold him to spartak?
Haha :D

His contract ran until 2013, extended it on 17th June 2008, so more like the Wanyama-situation but lets hope Liverpool pays their obligatory 20m :thup:

Game against Hibs was great, really enjoyable with Commons as outstanding striker. We were either back to our best or Hibs are haplessly bad.

Its strange how resilient our defense can be when Lustig is fully fit & Ambrose focused. Midfield helped a lot with Ledley performing back to his best beside Wanyama.

Whats your take on Kayal this season? It seems he continues his decline.

Its really enjoyable, compared to FM12. You could go on holiday for two years and come back with two tripples in the back, with the rivals settling 6-ish.

:thup:

With flair coming up, would you agree with 13 dribbling? He certainly is able to beat men/controll the ball in tight situations but his trademark runs are more by force & pace.

Agreed, with creativity down to 9?

Usually 3-5-2 against one striker line-ups and 4-3-3 with 2/3. Will upload screens later.

Hmm...I'll start a new game with lowered stats and let it run for a season to look how he performs outwith that cheat-ish formation. Pity we can't implement his slip-ups :D

Thats a cracker! ;) He seems to be one of the better Dundee players - who are doing surprisingly well under John Brown - and should get a decent offer from elsewehere.

I was just a hoofball defender, having more talent in injuring players than with the ball. :o

Yes, Broony has really struggled with re-occuring injuries. Ankle, metatarsus, hip flexor muscle....

Yes, on the one hand I think there are a lot of different types and we may have had a bad habbit of choosing comparably ambitious players, remember Mo Bangura's infamous "I want to play in the EPL/La Liga/Bundesliga next year!"-headline?

On the other hand, our club is seen by agents as a good station for 2/3 seasons on their train to huge contracts. Forster has already held interviews were he talked along the lines of "If there is a chance of playing EPL next year, I'd take it."

Expect him to be Fulhams Nr. 1 in one/two years time.

Very impressed by Kelvin though - has settled his life, after his nightmare start and dealt with his issues to become our PotY so far and as an introvert tends to avoid interview-revelations :lol: Has his best games against fast, nippy, technical forwards but needs a more aggressive partner for the big tanks. Hope he stays for long.

We have to wait till the next annual report or until we are invited to the boardroom as we seem to prefer a less-controversial, more settled financial structure than other clubs... ;)

Dermot never attends an AGM, his golfing must take ages :D

Haha :D

His contract ran until 2013, extended it on 17th June 2008, so more like the Wanyama-situation but lets hope Liverpool pays their obligatory 20m :thup:

Game against Hibs was great, really enjoyable with Commons as outstanding striker. We were either back to our best or Hibs are haplessly bad.

Its strange how resilient our defense can be when Lustig is fully fit & Ambrose focused. Midfield helped a lot with Ledley performing back to his best beside Wanyama.

Whats your take on Kayal this season? It seems he continues his decline.

Yeah thats true, whereas now you actually have to work for your money, its a proper management scenario!

13 sounds good mate.

Creativity at 9 sounds good also

Ahh thats fair enough, using wingbacks then i presume, or a flat 5, i have went for a 4-3-1-2, 3 dms, with changing the mentality to attacking this season instead of control, its proving dividends.

Sounds good starting a new game, perhaps im just noticing it more with him, however im not sure - Efe ambrose is still performing far too well for me to like, since i went attacking he has had several MoM`s, I may sell him as i do not believe this to be true!

Aye ryan is pretty damn good, i always fancied myself as a left winger as i like beating folk then having the opportunity to shoot, but in reality in my footballing career i always ended up leftback or rightback! Although now the extent of my footballing career is the odd game of fives and running my tits off! :D

Some of our players need a right good grounding, everyone of us started off with a love of football, then those who made it, quite alot of them got greedy and it wasnt just about the football anymore!. Bangura really ****ed me off with that line, i wasnt impressed! Wee ***** was like Liam when he turncoated!. Forster i wouldnt be surprised about, hes a man mountain of a goalkeeper and we done well to keep him, still not quite as good as THE HOLY GOALIE, but nonetheless a phenom - Kelvin im shocked at, when we signed him at first and he didnt have a good start i was thinking along the lines of "here we go, another diddy bought" But the man has impressed me!

Still do not like Kris Commons though, he will and forever always be a half a season player for me!

We should completely be invited, I would mind**** lawell and get hired! His golfing takes up most of his time, he doesnt care as long as he is getting paid.

Yeah they really should, if jordan henderson is worth it then Wanyama is by a country mile! Hibs are haplessly bad btw! Kayal hasnt been great since he has came back, I think he needs to stay injury free for the rest of the season, get a solid pre season under his belt and he will become a solid midfielder for us, not outstanding, but good.

Yeah they really should, if jordan henderson is worth it then Wanyama is by a country mile! Hibs are haplessly bad btw! Kayal hasnt been great since he has came back, I think he needs to stay injury free for the rest of the season, get a solid pre season under his belt and he will become a solid midfielder for us, not outstanding, but good.

Kayal had 3-4 games in a row just when he came back where he were MOTM, Kayal's biggest problem is that he doesn't get to be a first choice player, only back up. If given a starting role for 10-12 games in a row, we would see a different Kayal

Kayal had 3-4 games in a row just when he came back where he were MOTM, Kayal's biggest problem is that he doesn't get to be a first choice player, only back up. If given a starting role for 10-12 games in a row, we would see a different Kayal
What games are you talking about? And where do you get your appearance stats from? He featured in 13 games in a row from october - december.

He is playing as a defensive midfielder, in a holding role. Thats his problem. Its a wall of hot air that the forward/midfielders have to punctuate to get through to our bare defense when he is - in his current form - playing.

His positional indiscipline - that leads to him either lunging in an over-zealous tackle or, if already booked, an attempt of closing down by standing off - creates huge spaces to attack. Pretty basic for teams to use for their benefit.

Ledley, Brown & Wanyama are much more efficient & composed in his role. His shameful acts against Killie are one of the worst I've seen. A major candidate for downgrade in CA.

On Forrest: No, I'm not. Lennon has said that he/KMc thinks its an growth issue. So, when neither the head coach nor the fitness & physio coaches are sure what is wrong, how can you define thats its certainly an growth issue? You could, with a PhD.

Hamstrings are the curse of the fast footballer, could be a general problem, could be a back problem or other diverse causes.

The basic cause of his physical proneness to succumb to injury is not determinable by us internet-scientists.

What we can certainly determine is the circumstance that he is out of the team in regular periods of time for months, every season since he broke through, despite Lennon using him in nearly all games when available.

What games are you talking about? And where do you get your appearance stats from? He featured in 13 games in a row from october - december.

How many of those were he starting? He played one game, came on as a sub for one, totally drobbet for one, played two, came on as a sub for one etc etc

Doubt many players will reach their height by doing that

Could it be that his "indiscipline is down to that he in (most) of the games where he gets yellow is the only player in midfield that is able to put in a tackle, he is doing the defensive job for 2-3 players there - just a thought, not saying that he don't get a stupid yellow card now and again, but in many games he have been alone in covering the entire field trying to protect our defense - that will result in a free kick now and again and if you do that you are likely to collect a fair amount of cards

I'm not saying that he is on the form that we saw when he first joined us, but he is by far not the worst player we have - and there are many more players that should be downgraded before him, as he is far from a star in the current FM ratings

How many of those were he starting? He played one game, came on as a sub for one, totally drobbet for one, played two, came on as a sub for one etc etc
Started in 9 of them - He even started our last 7 games. Played exactly 2192 minutes of football for us in all competitions.

When was he MotM? I`m not trying to stick you up my fork, but I never had him among my MotM or had heard of fellow tims that had him as MotM for 3/4 consecutive matches. Would be jubilant if he found his performance level of two years ago. One that really surprised me after his injury and previous poor shows is Stokes. No reason why Beram could not do so in the future.

Doubt many players will reach their height by doing that
Correct, but its a squad game nowadays. First team selections are rotating every week if you aim to play at a certain level.
Could it be that his "indiscipline is down to that he in (most) of the games where he gets yellow is the only player in midfield that is able to put in a tackle, he is doing the defensive job for 2-3 players there - just a thought, not saying that he don't get a stupid yellow card now and again, but in many games he have been alone in covering the entire field trying to protect our defense - that will result in a free kick now and again and if you do that you are likely to collect a fair amount of cards
If so, why doesn't Ledley pick up as many yellows? He's never the only one "able to put in a tackle" as Wanyama was never benched for him.

His yellow card ratio is increaslingly going down, its more his standing off after chasing him down that causes so much bother.

I mean positional indiscipline in a way that the whole midfield is uncovered when Aberdeen score here:

He's way too high up front, going in on his rash closing down-run. He's played better as a more advanced "box-to-box" type but a distinguished composure at passing the ball is still lacking.

Its essential for our midfielders to remain focused on covering in our system as, if one pushes up too far ahead, its usually the player in possession+2/3 options running in on our two central defenders, or additional Lustig, if fit.

Most of our recent goals are created through central positions which hints where the problem lies.

I'm not saying that he is on the form that we saw when he first joined us, but he is by far not the worst player we have - and there are many more players that should be downgraded before him, as he is far from a star in the current FM ratings
I love input so lets get concrete here - who to go up/down in your opinion/in what respective attributes for their performances over the last 3/4 months?

I'd like McGougan to do the same.:thup:

GF is quering her data for her GCSE and I`ve got no courses tomorrow, finally a bit of time.:D

I love input so lets get concrete here - who to go up/down in your opinion/in what respective attributes for their performances over the last 3/4 months?

I've given you my inputs on what to do with the Celtic squad, I know that you don't like/agree with them

And players shouldn't get judged by their current form, or so is the "FM rule" but over an entire season - which seems fair as Hooper should be no more than a 3rd division player judged over the last month or two in that case

---

Regarding Kayal and yellow cards, he have had 3 in SPL matches this year (2013) Sammy have had 2, I don't see Sammy's disciplinary record being mentioned? But I do agree with you that Kayal is better in a more forward position than then one that he has been played in. I also think that Brown and Wanyama are on more yellow cards than Kayal this year

In the Aberdeen game you just can't blame Kayal, our entire team were p1sh that day at defending, and we were lucky not to loose that game

Regarding team selection - Brown and Wanyama is Lenny's preferred central pairing, Ledley the backup solution and then either Kayal or Mulgrew as 4th choice - this will never give Kayal the opportunity to get his game going - if fit Brown and Wanyama will not be dropped

Might be 2-3 games where he put in motm performances, can't recall which ones, think it was in January or February

I think we all agree that it should be over the course of a season, not just a few months, and im sure we can come to a compromise on player stats.

Right dkb give me your list of suggested changes in this, including ca/pa , i will look over them and give my input, cold mac can do the same.

He knows my suggestions already and hopefully they are taking on board

I think we all agree that it should be over the course of a season, not just a few months, and im sure we can come to a compromise on player stats.

Right dkb give me your list of suggested changes in this, including ca/pa , i will look over them and give my input, cold mac can do the same.

He knows my suggestions already and hopefully they are taking on board

This is what I've changed...

FORREST

Injury: 17-> 7

PA: 145 -> 155

Fitness: 8->11

Fin: 13 -> 11

Cross: 9 -> 13

Crea: 9 -> 10

SAMMY

Crea: 14 -> 11

Cross: 16 -> 10

Fin: 8 -> 12

Team: (15) -> 11

Pass: 15 -> 11

ML: 19 -> 13 (his position)

AM: 0 -> 12 (again his position)

MATTHEWS

Crea: 13 -> 10

Acc: 19 -> 16

Cross: 13 -> 11

Mark: 6 -> 11

Fitness: 13 -> 15

Pos: 8 -> 11

Pace: 18 -> 15

Dribl: 12 -> 11

Tack: 8 ->11

Stam: 14 -> 16

HOOPER

Stability: 7 -> 14

TW: 14 -> 12

Fitness: 8 -> 12

Det: 9 -> 13

WR: 14 -> 12

Cross: 10 -> 8

MCGEOUGH

MC: 20 -> 14 (his position)

Acc: 11 -> 14

Flair: 13 -> 15

Tec: 12 -> 14

Crea: 11 -> 13

OTB: 14 -> 11

Pass: 11 -> 13

LUSTIG

Comp: 16 -> 12

Mark: 14 -> 13

Dec: 15 -> 12

Acc: 12 -> 14

Head: 11 -> 14

Tack: 15-> 13

OTB: 14 -> 12

Pace: 11 -> 13

FT: 13 -> 11

IZZY

Cross: 12 -> 9

Tack: 13 -> 11

Drib: 14 -> 12

Comp: 14 -> 8

COMMONS

Cross: 16 -> 13

Comp: 15 -> 13

Pen: 15 -> 12

OTB: 15 -> 13

Pass: 11 -> 13

---

Besides upping Forrest's potential, I haven't changed any PA/CA

With the changes we agreed on earlier i think those are good, I would lower forrests injury proneness to say 13-14, I know thats a 3-4 point lowering, but i think 17 is far too high, Lower ambrose in fact get him to ****, hes pish! :D
:D He's erratic but had great games in our earlier season - especially against Barcelona, Motherwell & Spartak and the ACoN. There is definitly a player in there, with good physical fundaments and I expect him to become much more stable in future, with growing experience.

You have to remember that its his first season in european football, he only played in Israel & Nigeria before.

I've given you my inputs on what to do with the Celtic squad, I know that you don't like/agree with them
Your tone in the first two/three posts was unnecessarily polemic and condescending, hence the straight-forward rhetorics. The reduction of Forrests injury proness is not an agreement? 14/15, depending on how his back rehab is going.

What part of Denmark are you from?

And players shouldn't get judged by their current form, or so is the "FM rule" but over an entire season - which seems fair as Hooper should be no more than a 3rd division player judged over the last month or two in that case
Jesus. We don't set up CA/PA exclussicly down on 3/4 months performances. We usually are season ticket holders and have rarely missed a match for years - TV doesn't count as missed as I don't go to Hampden.

How the players have performed up to late January is included in the DB, so of course, the performances of the last 3/4 months will be focussed at.

Hooper had a great run in december, he could go on another after the split - its still open. Performances of players have various reasons, Hoopers failings is not down to ability, more to motivation/confidence.

Regarding Kayal and yellow cards, he have had 3 in SPL matches this year (2013) Sammy have had 2, I don't see Sammy's disciplinary record being mentioned?
You want me to talk about Samaras when we are discussing Kayals performances? Fine! His bookings were entirely down to complaining, running into the crowd and one bad tackle. I`ll use your "judge the player in a wider horizon" argument - Kayal has 18 bookings in 64 league games for Celtic, Samaras has 17 in 148. Just a mere 84 games difference. Another point is that there were several bookable tackles - and a few blatant reds - along Kayals way that we were fortunate to avoid. Look at my text, one of my point was his standing off opponents.
But I do agree with you that Kayal is better in a more forward position than then one that he has been played in. I also think that Brown and Wanyama are on more yellow cards than Kayal this year
Brown has played 6 matches in 2013, booked once. Wanyama has 2 yellows, one debatable red.
In the Aberdeen game you just can't blame Kayal, our entire team were p1sh that day at defending, and we were lucky not to loose that game
For that particular goal, of course, although not him alone. He`s a defensive midfielder and assumed to defend the backline. In that situation, probably the only one with pass marks would be Kelvin Wilson, with Mulgrew, Ledley, Forster.
Regarding team selection - Brown and Wanyama is Lenny's preferred central pairing, Ledley the backup solution and then either Kayal or Mulgrew as 4th choice - this will never give Kayal the opportunity to get his game going - if fit Brown and Wanyama will not be dropped
Lennons prefered central duo is down to their performances in training & games. If Kayal does not get picked, its because he failed to satisfy the demands of Lennon. He should be really worried about the fact that Mulgrew played the a few - and the last game - in central midfield instead of him. The post-split games are huge for him.
Might be 2-3 games where he put in motm performances, can't recall which ones, think it was in January or February
January? Mate, we have a winter break from start to late January.

As the SFA are doing their bit to cause havoc - whats your preffered champions-venue?

Would have loved Kilmarnock to be in top 6, as Rugby Park is a cracker for such an event. Please no sunday morning away game against the sturdy northerners.

Motherwell at home would get my vote.

Edit: All contributions will be considered.

Have any of our players been on form in 2013???? certainly not in the last month or so

We played as many games in January as we did in Marts ;-)

Mulgrew in midfield and especially central midfield should worry us all ;-)

There are so much wrong in the Aberdeen goal that it would be wrong to point a single player out

Reg Kayal, Brown, Wanyama, I was talking about the hole season, not 2013, sorry for not pointing that out

---

Reg venue

Celtic Park (winning it at home)

The split between: Fir Park (winning it against nr 2 in the league) - Tannadice (we know that there will be played some good attacking football from both sides)

Think that I will go for Tannadice as my favorite if we don't get it at home, it seemed to be a nice place to win it in 2008

Reg Wanyama

New 5 year contract in 2018

He complained that he had achieved all he could at the club and wanted a new challenge

I told him that I've get the club to progress

He then asked how

I told him that the club would qualify for the CL

He then asked when this would happen

I told him next year

He says ok

Offered him a new contract on 2k more that he were on (He is on £49.5k a week now)

He signed

---

Guess you shouldn't look at the fact that he has played CL in the last 6 seasons, and is in the semi finals this season as it is

But now I've him on contract till he is 32, guess that this will be his last contract

But I do have his replacement in my reserves

mavanga.jpg

Herron is injured again...

Herron is with the u20 team and ready to play tomorrow with the U20 team at the Al Ain International Youth Football Championship

not sure if he has played in the other matches

must have been a knock or so

Carlinhos_OverviewProfile_zpsdcb13daa.png

Mine for £4m if I want him (The 5 star rating makes me think he'd be a good buy, that plus the fact that he has Spanish as his second nationality)- Im thinking he'll make a killer Advanced Forward.

What do you guys think?

Carlinhos_OverviewProfile_zpsdcb13daa.png

Mine for £4m if I want him (The 5 star rating makes me think he'd be a good buy, that plus the fact that he has Spanish as his second nationality)- Im thinking he'll make a killer Advanced Forward.

What do you guys think?

Not sure (now that he has Spanish as 2nd nationality) but pretty sure that he won't join you until he is 18 (as other Brazilian players)

Looks fine though (except his strenght) but with some intensive composure training he could be a really good advanced forward

What's his personality, his determination makes me think he has a pretty strong one, which means he's more likely to reach his potential. If/When you get him, give him heavy Composure training as has been said before, and then concentrate on his Strength/Stamina (although they'll come with age)

I wonder if the same thing still rings true in this fm, before in previous versions you used to be able to bring in players with high determination to coach your players, and that way you had a higher chance of your players reaching their potential?

Turns out i have strep throat also :(

I wonder if the same thing still rings true in this fm, before in previous versions you used to be able to bring in players with high determination to coach your players, and that way you had a higher chance of your players reaching their potential?

Turns out i have strep throat also :(

Still possible but a youth player disliking his mentor and thus having a negative impact (as well as him as "disliked person" at 50-100) which makes me think its best avoided for the very best youngsters or at least, only use players as mentors that are pretty replaceable.

:eek: Thats really a nasty infection. Had it as a child...

Will upload a few tests I`ve made soon.:thup:

Q to your all

Which youth players have made it into first team regulars for you?

I've only Chalmers as my back up to left back (after spending 3 seasons out on loan) and he isn't really good (compared to the back up on other positions) but due to him being a "original" bhoy he is still with me

Watt & Forrest are first teamers for me in most games. Atajic, George, Fasan & Findlay tend to become useful as squad players.

could you put screens of them (not Forrest and Watt the others) 2-3 years down the road when you have training them and played them regular? as they don't tend to get anywhere good enough for me

Still possible but a youth player disliking his mentor and thus having a negative impact (as well as him as "disliked person" at 50-100) which makes me think its best avoided for the very best youngsters or at least, only use players as mentors that are pretty replaceable.

:eek: Thats really a nasty infection. Had it as a child...

Will upload a few tests I`ve made soon.:thup:

Yeah i suppose the disliked person wasnt as big a factor as before!

Your telling me mate, second time ive had it, im rubber ducked - Done 14 hours on wednesday and 13 tonight/well yesterday now and im really feeling the pace. Cant wait till my days off.

could you put screens of them (not Forrest and Watt the others) 2-3 years down the road when you have training them and played them regular? as they don't tend to get anywhere good enough for me
Do you invest in your coaching? Its probably the most important factor to have good coaches. My tests were with me spectating, to see their development in the usual set-up environment.

Uploaded a test run and the current stats.

Current team stats, pending changes: In no way final, more spectating.

http://hostr.co/1IoSxSNNQd38

Players development without input till January 2015.

http://hostr.co/if1rKERQ0lxD

Yeah i suppose the disliked person wasnt as big a factor as before!
Anything that affects morals or team work is essential. I have once relinquished a game because Broony & Watt hated each other!
Your telling me mate, second time ive had it, im rubber ducked - Done 14 hours on wednesday and 13 tonight/well yesterday now and im really feeling the pace. Cant wait till my days off.

:eek: Get well soon!

Do you work on a oil platform? Your shifts for 2 days is probably my workrate for a whole week at university...

Thanks.

No i work in hospitality lol, my restaurant is crazy busy most times - And usually understaffed, so that ends up with me and a few select others working ridiculous hours.

My hours maybe, you add my workrate into the equation and its probably the equivalent of a months worth of uni work for you at least lol!

Do you invest in your coaching? Its probably the most important factor to have good coaches. My tests were with me spectating, to see their development in the usual set-up environment.

Uploaded a test run and the current stats.

Current team stats, pending changes: In no way final, more spectating.

http://hostr.co/1IoSxSNNQd38

Players development without input till January 2015.

http://hostr.co/if1rKERQ0lxD

I invest massively in updating the training ground, and bringing in the best possible coaches for my team -and I spend a huge part of my game time on specializing the right training for the players

I didn't want to see how they looked if the computer managed the youth players (U19 players), but how you have them looking a couple of years down the road

This is "my" Tony Watt - haven't chanced anything about him in the editor

tonywatt.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

James Forrest - with the following changes in the DB

Injury: 17-> 7

PA: 145 -> 155

Fitness: 8->11

Fin: 13 -> 11

Cross: 9 -> 13

Crea: 9 -> 10

now looks like

jamesforrest.jpg

---

Joe Chalmers now looks like (didn't get to train him that good the first 3-4 seasons)

joechalmers.jpg

and Fraser Forster...

fraserforster.jpg

Watt-Forrest-Chalmers are the only original Celtic players I've

Don't know if it is the current patch, but Forster makes some really stupid mistakes that costs goals - kind of looking at a bad non-league goalie in the game at times

I'm up for that McGougan

I've reached April 2017, just send PSG out of the CL 1-1 in Paris, and beat them 6-1 at Celtic Park

I've a promising Scottish central defender in this years newgens, really looking forward to see what he can do

gerardgaston.jpg

The "star rating" seems to be a bit of in the latest part, so won't pay his 3½ star potential to much attention, with stats like that when 15, he is going to be a future Celtic hero with the right tutoring and training

This is Gaston 1½ years later - gone up to 4½ star and the player I spend most time specializing training for

gerardgaston2.jpg

My problem is I havent specialised training for anyone yet, im going to alter it and see how things go, may even bring back my old training schedules from last years version

you can't import the old training schedules - can you? maybe in FM13 classic - but not in the "normal" one

Really? Cant import them from fm 12 into fm 13?? Damn it, I dont have fm 12 installed anymore so i cant figured out how my set up worked

training have completely changed

you have to keep them on a broad training rutine (don't touch them) or specialize them in either a specific role or area

the schedules are gone

I highly recommend specializing the training for your players

Choose training on the player, choose focus, and choose where you want your player to improve, either the specific area - or by choosing a role

Think al start a Celtic save after I get bored with Parma, I will probably stick Celtic and Rangers in league two in England though as I hate playing in the Spl it annoys me having to play same team 3/4 times a year plus the Spl bores me and makes me always delete my save with Celtic.

Ledley IRL is fouled on the edge of the Dundee utd box, and they run up the other end and score
Strange, yet hugely entertaining, game it was.

Its easy to use snap judgements like "our defense was crap" or, "we lack dig" but you have to look closer for examination. Although, having said that, it was probably the worst game of Ledley & Wanyama.:o :D

For example, Ambrose appeared very shaky in defense, much of it due to his insecurity when dealing with attacks/balls on his left side.

He always tends to position himself too far on the right, which created spaces for Utd to exploit and left Kelvin Wilson as sole center back to deal with their left-channel corssing and in-cutting wingers.

When Lustig went off, his game improved much and all in all, pretty solid at right back and dealt very well with GMS.

D Utd usually had a one man advantage, when going forward, as Izzy was too far forward, and Mulgrew failed to close them down with their short passing.

They exploited this left channel very efficiently, stuck Daly on it and they got 2 goals - 2nd was wonderful - from it.

Light and shadow for the subs - Stokes, again, was very, very good after he came on, especially in the air. Much improved.

Kayal was the usual wall of hot air, dived in once what was closer to red than yellow and ran out of possition, to stand off opponents.

The only one that should be booted out of the team, if that would not affect his re-sale value, was Gary Hooper. Awful, cringeworthy lack of effort.

I guess he is tapped up already.

Think al start a Celtic save after I get bored with Parma, I will probably stick Celtic and Rangers in league two in England though as I hate playing in the Spl it annoys me having to play same team 3/4 times a year plus the Spl bores me and makes me always delete my save with Celtic.
Why bother with Rangers? What makes them relevant?

I disdain english football and their plastic, overspending mediocrity.

@DKB: Thats not what the way I test, as they will always come out better this way than they are likely to behave when not individually managed.

Archived