Mikal's Moving On - A New Vision

Mikal

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

January 2020

Transfers

Only the one out. Rosas' transfer went through from the beginning of the season after Morelia stole him.

Off-Season Friendlies

uwbyO.png

Got a few friendlies in between the Club World Championships. Morale and fitness are the main things for us.

North American Champions League Quarter Finals

KOs0u.png

Almost a complete Mexico vs USA draw. Happy with the draw and should we progress it'll get rid of a strong Mexican side in the process with Chivas and Cruz Azul facing off.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

150px-Fedemexfut2009logo.png

Final Friendly

Romania 1 - 4 Mexico

Our final match before the World Cup qualifiers and we looked very accomplished again. Our defence looks like it'll struggle against tricky players, but hopefully we can carry on keeping it tight and creating chances.

Our third phase qualifying group consists of:

Canada

Guyana

Mexico

Panama

I would feel like I did a bad job if I didn't top this group. I haven't looked at Canada's side yet, but I'd imagine they will be our nearest competitors for the 2 qualifying spots.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

January 2020

League Fixtures

k9X9B.png

League Table

aDrJk.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Very poor opening 3 games. We've been hit by injuries and just do not have the quality in depth to cope. The 5-1 loss to Cruz Azul was a real blow, but they were just the better side. A scrappy 1-0 win over Toluca got us back on track but a 3-2 defeat at the hands of Chivas finished off a miserable month. A change in tactic may be in order.

Ubael Romero has started to say he wants to leave again, so I've agreed to his request and put him on the transfer list. I'd like to try and get a deal done for him before the end of the season when I plan on leaving and we did have an £18m bid from Lyon, but he turned them down. There has been a lot of inbox messages telling me about managers leaving or potentially not having their contracts renewed and linking me with the position. So hopefully when I leave I'll have a few options.

Not a good month
Bit of a poor start.

Certainly was poor!

Yikes, hope thouse injuried get patched up soon.

They started to float back into the side thankfully.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

February 2020

League Fixtures

FXMAm.png

League Table

4la0i.png

Average Points

League Analysis

The difference a month can make! A much better 5 games from us and sees us drop only 2 points against a strong Pumas side. We got a few key players back, specifically in the deep midfield role and we looked a lot more compact and able to create more chances. Some high scoring performances as well to boot. Our central defenders were on inspired goal scoring form.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

Youth Intake 2020

vnQQu.png

Contracts offered to:

Hector Valencia - Coach Report; Goalkeeper

Abraham Arenas - Coach Report; Striker / Right Attacking Midfielder

Santiago Mondragon - Coach Report; Right Fullback

A nice intake. Most likely my final one as Toros Neza boss. Needed a right back after our last one got poached. The keeper looks like he could be a class act, so I'll be keeping an eye out for him in the future. And Abraham looks decent and a versatile player.

A nice improvement,hopefully that can set you up for the rest of the season.

Definitely, hopefully we're over that poor patch and can concentrate on getting some more silverware.

A few decent prospects there.
Not a bad intake!
Good bunch for your successor.

Hopefully it sets them up for the future a bit. The keeper looks to be the most likely to make it.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

March 2020

League Fixtures

fdhvu.png

League Table

3xvG7.png

Average Points

League Analysis

A terrific second month on the trot and our bad spell looks well and truly over. We scored no less than 4 goals per game this month with a nice mixture of players getting on the score sheet. The 4-4 with Jaguares was crazy, and we let in two goals in the final 10 minutes to deny ourselves the 3 points. We're back on track in the league table and currently occupy 2nd position. 4 games to go and not sure if we can catch Pumas for top spot, but happy to take 2nd or 3rd this time round.

North American Champions League

Quarter Final & Semi Final

Fixtures

mPhFg.png

NACL Analysis

We got our NACL campaign back up and running with a quarter final match up against Chicago. We looked marginally the better side in the 2-1 away win, and we went 2-0 up before conceding a late goal, but it was a good result to take home where we smashed them for 4-0 with a largely fringe player line up. They all played out of their skin to impress, and impress they did. Makes me wonder why I dropped most of them for the semi-final against LA Galaxy. We had some really good chances to score, but were missing some fire power up front with Razo off on internationals and Lopez having to slot in at left wing, the youngsters up front just didn't quite have the cutting edge. But a 1-0 loss isn't the end. The home leg is in a weeks time and I'd expect we give a better account of ourselves.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

May 2020 - End of Season Review

North American Champions League

FV6GP.png

NACL Analysis

We went into this game high on confidence having knocked LA Galaxy out the tournament winning 4-1 on aggregate, and also finishing the league off in style. So on to the match we lined up how we have done for the last 3 months or so and literally gone for it. Just attack. And it paid off a treat. We were 3-0 up at half time thanks to goals from Esteban Sanchez (who could have a great future here), Leonardo Lopez, and of course Pablo Razo. We took our feet off the gas a little in the second half and I was disappointed we didn't go for the jugular even more so. But a 3-0 first leg victory is an ideal start to this final. The second leg was away, and we didn't need to do much of the attacking, just keep a tight ship at the back and the trophy is ours again. It was a very tight game, completely even which both teams having similar chances, but us playing a little deeper and more cautious. Cruz Azul did happen to get the breakthrough goal on 35 minutes and it put me on edge as they had plenty of time to get another two. Half time came and I decided to push up a little, be a bit more adventurous and take the game to Cruz Azul a little more. This proved to be the right move as we controlled the game more, kept the ball out of our half, and pressed high up the pitch. They gave us the odd scare, but were unable to convert, and likewise with us. They then saw red at the end of the game when we had won it, and one of their players came in with a silly challenge to drag Razo down and earn his second yellow.

Very happy I'll be able to sign off from Toros Neza with a 3rd NACL victory. Hopefully my legacy will remain.

Final First Leg | Final Second Leg

Closing Stage Playoff Finals

Fl6NF.png

Playoff Fixtures

Playoff Tree

Final League Standings

Past Positions

Playoff Analysis

I left off on the last update with 4 games to go in the league and we sewn up qualification for the playoffs in our next game with an impressive 4-0 win over America. I then played the next game and lost 1-0 to Tecos, so I holidayed the final two games, hoping that a few players got rested. We came out of the league with no real injury concerns and topped the league meaning we faced Pachuca in the quarter finals. It was all pretty straight forward and we pretty much closed off the tie after the first leg where we won 5-1. We looked really good for the title on this performance. And the second leg was an easy enough 1-0 win to go through 6-1 on aggregate.

The semi-finals pitted us off against Cruz Azul, who we had just dumped out of the NACL final. We looked to assert our dominance over them while they were looking for revenge. Unfortunately for us we were missing half a team. No first team CB, RB, defensive mid, right winger, left winger and Razo was banned for 3 games. We were truly up against it, and it did in fact prove to be too much Cruz Azul were just much stronger over our backup replacements and just bossed the game. We didn't manage to get a shot on target in the first leg, while they had 22 shots in all with 9 on target. Similar story in the second leg, with the same players still out injured or suspended. We actually gave it a very good go up until the final 10 minutes. We were 3-1 up at that point meaning we'd go through as the higher seed, but Mendoza has an absolutely amazing season, and I think he was trying to impress the Mexico boss, which happens to be me, and happened to be against my side. We didn't really deserve to go through, but I am disappointed we had so many key figures out and we weren't able to give it a better go, especially considering I plan on handing in my resignation at the end of the month.

Squad Review

*Only including players with a minimum of 10 appearances*

Player Stats

League Team Stats

League Player Stats

GK

Miguel Angel Fraga

Positional Rating: 4/10

CB

Fernando Serrano

Pablo Ramos

Alberto Lucio

Positional Rating: 6/10

FB

Fernando Corral

Enrique Samario

Javier Francisco Dorame

Positional Rating: 6/10

DLP

Ismael Pineda

Salvador Canas

Positional Rating: 7/10

W

Jorge Corral

Luis Rosas

Victor Hugo Vega

Positional Rating: 4/10

AMC

Ubael Romero

Positional Rating: 5/10

ST

Pablo Razo

Leonardo Lopez

Esteban Sanchez

Edwin Cabrera

Positional Rating: 8/10

Behind the Scenes

Board Overview

Finances

Finances aren't looking great, and I've tried for 9 years or so to make a profit and it is a very difficult goal without selling all your best players. But other than that everything has moved perfectly in the right direction.

Your winning ways continue but tough beats against Cruz Azul. Any desire to move on yet?

Yep I ended the season on a good note. Check below!

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

Toros Neza Boss Hands in Resignation

qXfro.png

The ex-Toros Neza boss has kept to his word and has decided to leave his post after a fruitful 9 years at the club. When asked what is in store for him in the future he replied; "I have World Cup Qualifiers to concentrate on, and they will have my full attention. I have not been in contact with any other club as of yet so I can not comment on where my club management future lies."

Toros Neza Record and Future Plans

l1xhn.png

Not too bad a showing. Pretty happy to leave with that record. As for where I want to go now, I'm not sure. I'll see if any club comes in for me, or if there's a job available I really like the sound of. First things first I need to get this thread title changed :lol:

Eluniversal_logo.PNG

Herrera Takes Toros Neza Hot Seat

YbMmT.png

It took only 10 days after the departure of Michel Troisi, but the Toros Neza board have wasted no time in replacing their ex-boss with Miguel Herrera who has been given the managerial position. Miguel Herrera had spent 8 years at America (MEX) with relative success and spent last season as manager of Santos Laguna which did not end well. He will be looking to keep up the winning traditions of Toros Neza and his first task will be making sure he can keep his superstar players.

---

He actually does look a solid appointment and has some excellent managerial attributes. Hopefully he can keep things stable at the club.

Straight back into the swing of things. Good luck.

Thanks! Not sure when a club will come by, there's a few in Brazil/Argentina, but don't quite fancy South America.

World Cup North American Qualifying Section - Phase 3

Panama 0 - 5 Mexico

To kick off our qualification into the 2022 World Cup we were up against Panama ranked 115th in the world. It was quite simply the Pablo Mendoza show, scoring all 5 of our goals, and looked very lively, as you'd expect against a team of Panama's calibre. The only downside to our opener was the sending off of our right back with a silly challenge deep into first half injury time. But we went and scored 3 more after that, so it didn't really affect us. Good opener, hopefully a sign of things to come.

Mexico 3 - 0 Guyana

Our second of six games came against Guyana, 106th in the world. We made light work of these as well as the stats suggest. 67% possession, 28 shots, 7 clear cut chances, it just begs the question of how we didn't score more than 3? Our finishing was not up to scratch, and if we miss some of the chances we did against Guyana, we'll struggle to put better teams away. Hopefully when the next two fixtures come around in just under 2 months time we'll have more focus about us.

And this is how the group looks after the two games:

axqLL.png

Hard to look past Mexico and Canada for qualification. I'll be pushing for top spot though.

I'm going to holiday until those games whilst applying for available positions to see what comes up.

Congrats on winning the NACL and good start to qualifying with Mexico.Hopefully you can find the right job for you.

Thanks! Hopefully something crops up which interests me. Had plenty of job opportunities in Brazil and Argentina but not the place I'm looking to go. The odd MLS and Eredivisie job as well. I'd love to go Ukraine, Greece or Israel, just purely for the fact I've never been to any.

Well done going out on another NACL win.

Cheers fella :thup: Shame we couldn't do the league as well, but hopefully Herrera can make that step.

Well done with the NACL Mikal. I hope you find a job that suits you :)

Thanks! I hope so too. I've just been offered the Bolton job. They're currently 19th in the Championship after 12 games. But I think i'll turn it down and have a season out of club management.

World Cup North American Qualifying Section - Phase 3

Full Group Table

Mexico 4 - 0 Canada

A comfortable win against the second best team in the group. With the win saw us shoot 3 points ahead of the pack. It was a good performance if unspectacular, but the guys did what needed to be done. Both strikers getting on the score sheet, but a few wasted chances, too.

Mexico 3 - 0 Panama

Very disappointed with this result actually. We can't keep having so much possession and shots and not getting them on target. It doesn't help that teams are sitting back more, cause our players take it upon themselves to shoot whenever they find some space. Leonardo Lopez of Toros Neza got his first senior goal.

Guyana 0 - 3 Mexico

Consistent with the score lines, and another easy 3-0 win. Dominating possession and having all the shots we want. A few more in the back of the net would have been nice.

Canada 2 - 5 Mexico

Final game, and both teams had already qualified for the fourth phase. I put out an experimental team and formation. Played alright, missed a lot of chances again, but still scored 5 goals. Would have liked a clean sheet to finish off the group games, but Canada deserved a few consolation goals.

Final group standings:

tzMkr.png

And with that the 6 qualifying teams from the third phase meet in one big super group for the fourth phase where you play each other twice. So we'll be up against:

Barbados

Canada

Honduras

Surinam

USA

3 qualify and 1 looks to go into a play off spot.

Look like you're in the same position as I am for the World Cup Qualifiers :) Hope you and Canada go through!

I believe we are! These qualifiers just feel like extended friendlies for me as our team's quality is just head and shoulders above the rest. Maybe USA will give us a firmer test, but it's yet to be seen.

Go Mexico and Canada!

I'd be very surprised if Mexico, Canada and USA weren't the three qualifying teams!

Going well with Mexico.

Yep! We have WC qualifiers coming up, as well as Confederations and the Gold Cup, so a lot of games over the next year. Hopefully teams can keep their players' injuries to a minimum. But yeah, going well so far!

In a strange twist I have received this offer:

QXng3.png

Currently in March 2021 and they're in 7th place and just sacked their manager. I expressed interest and they came in with a formal offer. I didn't want to go to such a big team so soon, and considering the teams who have turned me down I'm surprised they offered me the job. It'd be stupid to turn down the Bayern Munich job, surely??

225px-Abendzeitung-Munich-Logo.svg.png

Bayern Munich Hire Mexico Manager

Bayern Munich today surprised the world with the shock appointment of ex-Toros Neza, and current Mexico manager, Michel Troisi. The deal is said to be a 4 year contract worth £31,000 per week. Journalists met the new Bayern Muninch boss and he was quick to express his gratitude at being given this opportunity;

"I would like to thank the chairman for this tremendous opportunity at being a part of one of the world's most iconic footballing names. Bayern Munich have suffered a few bad seasons now and it's time to reclaim the Bundesliga and make ourselves a force in Europe. I will be evaluating my players and backroom staff over the coming days and make my decision on whether they feature in my plans. We are here to win and that is the mentally I will be putting my staff and player alike."

220px-Logo_FC_Bayern_M%C3%BCnchen.svg.png

Meet The Squad

GK:

Manuel Neuer

Stefan Rahn

FB:

Fabio Coentrao

Philipp Lahm

Michael Rosch

Muralha

Kees Ouwerkerk

CB:

Hussein Mahdi

Holger Badstuber

Gokhan Kartal

Mario Stephan

Diego Reyes

DM:

Matthias Schlegel

Tolga Cigerci

Gerhard Kreis

AM:

Renato Augusto

Thomas Muller

Christian Derflinger

Marko Arnautovic

W:

Moraes

Xherdan Shqiri

Emiliano Albornoz

Ricardo Kishna

ST:

Leandro Damiao

Marcel Marell

Serdar Koc

Juani

So that's the team I'm working with until the end of the season. Some quality in there mixed with some below par players. I'll have to make do, but I do intend on having a clearout when the transfer window opens again. We have a Youth Intake in a couple days I believe, so I'll get an update for that going.

I've already released most of the backroom staff as they were pretty poor, so that'll be my first aim, get that up to top scratch.

The Bundesliga - Where Are We Now

K5HG3.png

Past Positions

15 games to go and 10 points off the leaders. If we can get into Europe by the end of the season I'll be happy to build on that.

Good luck at Bayern Mikal. Great kitty you've got there too :cool:
Nice move to Bayern Munich. Solid move :thup:
Great move.
Best of luck at Bayern :thup:
Good luck with Munich!

Ta gents! Expectations will be high, I need to hit the ground running. Hopefully I'm not sacked by the end of the season and have my reputation tarnished :lol:

Good move across, will it be a youth project again or are you buying players?

I don't think I'll limit myself to youth players now, but I intend to take a keen interest in them still. Definitely don't intend on being a chequebook manager though.

Youth Intake 2021

RIdEc.png

Contracts offered to:

Sandro Zauner - Coach Report; Central Midfielder

Burak Pak - Coach Report; Central Attacking Midfielder

Werner Strobl - Coarch Report; Central Defender

Not the best of Youth Intakes to start my Bayern Munich career. But I need to remember the star ratings in relation to the squad I have and the league I'm in. Zauner looks very good technically, and with a bit of tutoring could be a solid player in the future. Pak could be a great tutor in the future, so that's my aim with him, and Strobl is just a beast at 6'7, but quite weak.

Zauner's still a good start.

He's definitely the one with the most potential. I'm getting him tutored by Matthias Schlegel who he is supposed to mould. Just a shame he can only play MC as I'd like to use him more as a DM or AM (undecided what I want him to be yet).

Still a pretty fine squad that's much better than where you are currently sitting.

Yeah defnitely! It's quite an ageing squad though.

I would have hoped for a better youth intake than that for Bayern.

Not the most of impressive intake's but their junior coaching and youth recruitment aren't all that. I did try and get the junior coaching improved but they said that it was fine. I'll keep pestering them to increase it though as it's something I still want to concentrate on.

Only 15 years of age, looks a good prosepct!

Hopefully getting him tutored will excel his progress, as he does look promising.

March 2021

League Fixtures

BANZC.png

League Table

YRy5I.png

League Analysis

Excellent opening month for us. We moved up 1 position and gained 3 points on top spot. Just the 7 games to go and the aim is to still qualify for Europe. Our first game was away to Stuttgart who were just below us in the table. Our whole squad was on very poor morale and anything but defeat would have been a solid opener. We didn't play out of this world but took the lead before conceding 15 minutes from time. A draw was fair. Our main striker Marcel Marell got injured in the 92nd minute and out for 3 months. We then went on a 3 game winning run including a win over Hoffenheim who were above us in the table.

All in all a very good month in which to get to terms with life in Germany. Our morale us up, if not superb, but it's forward progress.

A Tactical Change

I've decided to not use a conventional tactic as we have a pretty strong squad, and I want to be an attacking side. I used this formation back in FM09 when I managed Hull to glory.

M64bF.png

As you can see it is the WM formation, and I used this in all 3 of our wins in the league. I'm still playing around with it, and will need to tweak it against tougher opposition but it plays pretty well. We had 76% possession in our 3-0 win over Hannover, having 24 shots with 11 on target. We had 8 long shots, which is something I'd like to cut down on.

World Cup North American Qualifying Section - Phase Four

Mexico 6 - 0 Surinam

A game in which we dominated and fully deserved the 6 goals we scored. Razo getting a hatrick was also nice to see!

USA 0 - 2 Mexico

On paper the toughest of our group games and we came away with all 3 points and a good performance to boot. USA's 3 at the back formation was their downfall as our wingers had free reign down the flanks and made them pay as both of our goals came through wingplay.

Mexico 7 - 2 Honduras

I actually used my Bayern WM tactic for this game and it was very convincing. We went 1 down mighty early due to an own goal but we came back very strong and dominated from start to finish. Some of the football was a joy to watch. Their sending off did obviously help us, but they played with 9 men behind the ball and was hard to break down. We did get very sloppy in the last minute, and I should have put an extra defender in just to keep things tight, but they got their 2nd through lack of concentration.

Group Standing:

xGT7X.png

Sandro Zauner looks like an excellent prospect. Good start there as well Mikal, keep that form up and you may sneak a title challenge :cool: Love the fact you are using the WM formation as well as it is something I worked a lot on in earlier saves and had a lot of success with it at Granada, Colo Colo and Utrecht for a time.

We have 3 teams above us left to play, 1 mid table team and 3 relegation fodders, so if we can get favourable results against a couple of the teams above, we could surprise a few. I've always liked the WM since I used it years ago, but you really do need a quality side to pull it off, especially defensively as you can get torn to pieces if your players just aren't able to cope. It's still a work in progress and a few of the 'roles' need to be adjusted, like I might use the central defender in a cover role.

I won't turn this in to a tactic discussion thing too much :D but when I used it I actually converted DM's in to center backs, obviously with the fact the CB is working on his own in effect I seen the attributes a good DM has in game such as strength and more importantly the stamina as an instrumental part of what you'd need for it work defensively as most CB's are pretty limited. Obviously that's just my thinking but unless you have a well rounded CB it always seemed like the better option to me.

I won't turn this in to a tactic discussion thing too much :D but when I used it I actually converted DM's in to center backs, obviously with the fact the CB is working on his own in effect I seen the attributes a good DM has in game such as strength and more importantly the stamina as an instrumental part of what you'd need for it work defensively as most CB's are pretty limited. Obviously that's just my thinking but unless you have a well rounded CB it always seemed like the better option to me.

Yeah you need a very competent central defender. I'm using Gokhan Kartal as my lone CB (screen shot should be further up) and he does a good job, only thing lacking is a little on accel.

April 2021

League Fixtures

3VZEz.png

League Table

ISP2c.png

League Analysis

Well. The difference a month can make. We went from 6th to 1st in the space of 5 games. Dortmund was the hardest game of the month, and one of the teams above us in the table. They scored the first and last goals of the game, but in between those goals we were very good with Damiao getting a hatrick and breaking the clubs record league scoring chart surpassing Gomez's 21 goals. HSV were also above us and we made light work of them. We was off to a lucky start in less than a minute when they scored an own goal, but then they tried to pack the midfield, but it worked to our favour where we were stronger. We did receive a long term injury in this game though. Nurnberg gave us a right go for our money as they're trying to survive relegation. They let us attack them, but we really struggled to break them down and create good chances. It took until the 2nd half when we got the breakthrough, but they equalise 10 minutes from time. We got the eventual winner with 6 minutes to go thanks to a key player for us, Thomas Muller. 3rd placed Leverkusen were looking to leap frog us with a win, and they very nearly did. We scored nice and early but soon found ourselves 2-1 down. We brought it back to 2-2, but went 3-2 down. 20 minutes to find a goal and we pushed up and controlled the game, but no luck. I go into Overload and in the 94th minute Moraes finds some space down the left wing, gets his cross in which flies across the 6 yard box, and that man Muller is there to fire into the roof of the net. Last kick of the game has kept our title hopes alive. Something I never thought we'd have a chance at.

Our final two games are against 14th place Frankfurt, and our final game is against an already relegated side in Sandhausen. We must be favourites for the league title now. And what a story that'd be!

May 2021 - End of Season Review

Ott7y.png

Final Fixtures

League Table

Past Positions

Bundesliga Analysis

Absolutely thrilled and astounded at the comeback this team were able to muster over the past 11 or so games I have been in charge, dropping only 4 points. I expected us to get into a European position, but never to win the league. We were helped by a few of the leaders having a couple bad runs, along with us truly blowing our opponents out of the water. How the previous manager didn't get more out of this team I'll never know. They were predicted 1st for a reason, and this team is strong domestically.

We played our final two games like a team who really wanted the league title back, and delighted I was able to be in charge and be the man to make that happen. The end fixtures were favourable, and made us clear favourites, but we couldn't take anything for granted. Really happy with the way this WM is playing. The team are strong enough to be able to cope with the defensive frailties and strong enough to be devastating in attack.

A strong precedent has been set, and it'll be much tougher next season no doubt with the added fixtures and frankly my own inexperience of the European lifestyle. A challenge I'm looking forward to, and hopefully we can push on from here.

Squad Review

Player Stats

League Team Stats

League Player Stats

I'm not going to put screen shots of the players up as they're not far up the screen, and not a great deal will change in 11 games. It's hard to pick faults in the squad, most of them did a great job. I still plan on having a spring clean as some of them aren't top level, and some are on horrendously high wages, something I really want to trim down while bringing in a couple new, younger faces.

Behind the Scenes

Board Overview

Finances

The finances have been on a slippery slope for a while now looking at things, and losing £103m last season can't have helped matters. I'd like to try and take them back up to being a financial force around the world.

Archived