Mikal's Moving On - A New Vision

Mikal

Did well to reach the finals of the playoff but ashame about the heavy defeat.I'd go for Junior Coaching first as it seems easier to upgrade then Youth Recruitment.

Yeah was an achievement in itself to reach the finals. We really did get unnecessarily bullied in that final though :lol:. I'll upgrade whatever the board will allow, but I probably will prioritise Junior coaching, due to how it affects the players attributes upon generation (I think) and I need players to be fighting for first team spots as soon as.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

Copa Libertadores

AbuVJ.png

So after getting hammered in the final of the opening stage play offs, we received this message saying we have qualified for the Copa Libertadores "by virture of performance in the First Division". Now I've no idea what that meant. Someone feel free to enlighten.

We have been drawn against Paraguayan outfit Olimpia in the Preliminary round. Would love a little cup run!

Off-Season Friendlies

Mysgw.png

Good morale boosting friendlies, and to not concede a goal was a pleasant sight.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

January 2016

League Fixtures

RGJof.png

League Table

qq38Z.png

Average Points

League Analysis

3 games in and off to a good start. Good point against Pumas and comfortable wins over Correcaminos and Queretaro.

Copa Libertadores

RPND2.png

Copa Libertadores Analysis

As you can see from the league fixtures screenshot (for some reason I can't split between competitions any more) we just about beat Olimpia, winning on away goals, both tough matches and was fortunate to come away with the win. With that win we got put into the group stages. Very tough group consisting of Boca, Vasco and Bolivar, all of which we play twice. I'm expecting wins over Bolivar and damage limitation over the other two.

Player Analysis

Key defender: Francisco Javier Dorame

Has had a good, injury free month and managed to feature in all but one of our games.

Key midfielder: Leonardo Lopez

Playing slightly out of position (for his stats) he has done a tremendous job on the wing.

Key attacker: Emmanuel Guajardo

Still banging in the goals, hopefully we get the same sort of return as the opening stage, but minus the injuries

oh oh...a rivalry between SRL88 and Mikal ensues

They won't be any match for my baldy masterminds.

Good luck in the Libertadores.

Thanks!

Best of luck in the Libetadores,hopefully you can get some money out of it.

That'll be about the only positive I reckon!

Of course I will come out on top.

You big clubs always looking to get a cheap dig at us minnows!

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

February 2016

League Fixtures

VEWMT.png

League Table

7FcYY.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Not a good month. We just had too many games to keep our performances up. Some tough games to get out of the way with as well. Happy to end of a really good win. Hopefully we can start to move back up the table.

Copa Libertadores

67Dtr.png

Fixtures

A good point against a solid Vasco side, possibly didn't deserve anything from that game. But it evened out after we were robbed by SRL, I mean Boca after we looked set to get a point only for one of their forwards to score an audacious lob from about 30 yards with 4 minutes to go. My backup keeper was nowhere to be found. Wins against Bolivar are a must if we are to stand any chance of getting 2nd.

Player Analysis

Key defender: N/A

Didn't keep a clean sheet. Few good defensive performances to keep the scores down, but nobody stood out.

Key midfielder: Ubael Romero

Still establishing himself as our best midfielder.

Key attacker: Emmanuel Guajardo

Our best, and generally only, goal threat.

Next is Youth Intake.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

Youth Intake 2016

S2XBb.png

Contracts offered to:

Pablo Razo - Striker

Marcus Orduna - Right Attacking Midfielder

Emmanuel Campuzano - Defensive Midfielder

Esteban Sanchez - Striker

Thrilled with this youth intake, if only for Razo. Looks an absolute star already at 15. Rated 3.5 stars already, on par with Guajardo, with 5 star potential. Good technical stats for his age, and impressive mental stats as well. Really looking forward to this lad developing. I can finally play with 2 strikers who are capable finishers, with Lopez rotating. And another baldy to go with the rest of the first team youngsters :lol:. The rest all have good potential but not near first team yet.

Oh my God. Razo is insane!!! His only weakness is his strengh, but luckily that can be improved. I don't think you can hang onto him for a long time, that kind of talent only comes by rarely. Be prepared to fend of European clubs by the bucketloads.

Oh my God. Razo is insane!!! His only weakness is his strengh, but luckily that can be improved. I don't think you can hang onto him for a long time, that kind of talent only comes by rarely. Be prepared to fend of European clubs by the bucketloads.

I hope he lives up to his potential! I'll be sure to keep him on long contracts and hope he doesn't have a terrible agent.

Razo will be a great player for you. Just gotta get him in the weight room!

I've got him on the juice, he'll be pushing defenders out the way in no time!

Razo is great for how young he is.

Yeah definitely! He'll go straight into the first team when I can register him as I think he'll make an immediate impact.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

March 2016

League Fixtures

7zuo9.png

League Table

yLWqB.png

Average Points

League Analysis

The difference a month makes! Going the whole month undefeated and getting impressive wins over Monterrey (last minute winner) and Tigres (completely dominated). We got our tactics and rotation policy spot on and tried to keep players as fresh as possible over the busy months to keep players from getting tired and jaded. With 4 games to go I would love another top 4 finish, but I'd be happy to take top 6.

Copa Libertadores

zC2AB.png

Fixtures

Two must win games against the groups weakest side. And two wins we got with relative ease. Quite disappointed they scored their only goal against us! But it was all pretty one-sided and comfortable. It's put us in a good, but by no means certain, position to finish 2nd in the group. But we would need to get a win against one of the sides as I don't think two draws would be enough.

Player Analysis

Key defender: N/A

A lot of rotation and no real stand outs.

Key midfielder: Ismael Pineda & Ubael Romero

Both really impressed. Romero mostly with his assists and Pineda with his defensive displays and his two screamers.

Key attacker: Emmanuel Guajardo & Luis Rosas

Guajardo needs no introduction scoring 8 goals this month. Rosas really impressed, I thought he was just going to be a bit-part player, or a stand in to an injury, but he played well above what I expected, either on the right flank or upfront when Emmanuel needed a rest.

Doing well in all competitions so far,qualification in the Copa Lib will be brilliant for you.Razo looks like he could be a superstar in the future.Also noticing,the youth players from this years batch tend to have a weakness of strength.

Ahhhhhhh Boca.

Grrr.

Doing well in all competitions so far,qualification in the Copa Lib will be brilliant for you.Razo looks like he could be a superstar in the future.Also noticing,the youth players from this years batch tend to have a weakness of strength.

Qualification would be tremendous! Definitely have a lot of expectation from Razo, going to tie him down on a 5 year deal soon. Usually with my other potentials I could offer them £10 p/w and they'd accept! Not Razo, he's pushing more towards £1k already. His agent got in there quick. I have noticed my whole team lack strength! Which is why we're so poor from defending set pieces.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

April 2016

League Fixtures

PxoQS.png

League Table

j7zqC.png

Average Points

League Analysis

A very professional month from us. I changed our approach to these games in which I wanted to attack, attack, attack. I was tired of trying to sit deep, soak up the attacks and then counter, I wanted to be the team that pushed the tempo of the game, that attempted to break down the teams. So that's what I did and it paid off. We actually managed to keep more clean sheets this way as well. I was disappointed with the draw over Jaguares as it could have pushed us right at the top of the table with America. So when that game rolled around I didn't want to just take a draw as it wouldn't have given us any chance in the final game. So we went for it knowing a win would put us on equal points, and we weren't the better side at all. But we resorted them to long range shooting. We scored a very scrappy goal, ball came in from the right, keeper spilled, defenders couldn't clear, my players were just running at the ball and Guajardo got the final touch to knock it into the net. We took a different approach for the game against Toluca, a team we've beat 5 out of the previous 5 meetings. I didn't want to go a goal down early so we were more cautious. I also decided to field a near 2nd string side due to Copa Libertadores and us always getting injuries and suspensions in the last game! We were fortunate though, Toluca hit the woodwork twice and squandered some really good chances. All we needed was one, and it fell to a man we've relied on since the beginning, so was happy to see him put the header away from a Rendon cross. I had my eye on America's game and when I saw they were 1-1 at 60 minutes I went all out attack as a draw was no good and a loss didn't matter.

Absolutely delighted to have finished top of the league, something I did not expect at all. Good rotation and team spirit (and a lot of luck) got us to this point. Looking forward to that prize money! In the Playoffs we have been drawn against 8th placed team Tigres. Mixed bag they are.

Copa Libertadores

y5wgK.png

Fixtures

A good month kept getting better. I knew we needed a win against either Boca or Vasco so I just went for it against Boca, hoping to get that win out of the way early. We held off well, got to half time 0-0, got to 60 minutes 0-0 and thought I'd definitely take a point considering we haven't had a single shot this game yet. Boca's persistence paid off for them as they scored on the 67th minute and then 5 minutes later on 72. This left us 1 point behind Vasco and a win was all we could get if we wanted to qualify. It was a tight game with Vasco better from the off. They had an awful amount of long shots, which I was happy for them to take, even though they had players who could punish us from those areas. But we pushed up a bit, went more attacking and Vasco's very narrow 4-2-2-2 formation helped us out a lot as our wing play was brilliant and just before half time, we had a ball swung in from the left for it to fall to my RB (why was he so high??) to slot home to get his first ever Toros Neza goal! Vasco attacked, we defended, we countered, we crossed, we got the header, we got 2-0 from Jorge Corral. Fantastic!

Argie side Racing Club in the Second Round. We're in for another busy month.

Player Analysis

Key defender: Miguel Angel Fraga

Since his return he's put in numerous quality saves, looks much more assured at the back.

Assisted a lot and broke the record for assists in a single season.

Key attacker: Jorge Corral

With Rosas taking over the right flank spot, Jorge had to fight for his spot again, and he repaid with a couple goals and assists to his name. All in all looked dangerous when on the pitch.

Behind the Scenes

Board Overview

Still losing money each month. Hopefully this cup run will improve our rep and get more attendance during the season. Well under wage budget and I expect us to finish the season on profit with the prize money coming in. Haven't been unable to get the board to improve youth recruitment or junior coaching again yet. And unable to find a feeder club in the league below.

Well I suppose coming second to an immense side isnt to bad. You are going very well in the league as well.

They were head and shoulders above us to be honest!

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

May 2016

Closing Stage Playoff Finals

07CIx.png

Playoff Finals Analysis

Disappointing end to our league campaign. Did all the hard work in the games before hand but really threw it away in the playoffs. We went 4-0 down to Tigres, brought it back to 4-2 with minutes to go, then they got the 5th. 2 goals down there was a chance, but 3 I saw no way back from that. I played a weaker side in the 2nd leg, pretty much throwing in the towel. We lost 1-0 but I didn't expect we'd get to the next round anyway so I focused my attention to the Libertadores.

Copa Libertadores

Copa Libertadores Tree

BONzQ.png

Astonishing cup run we're on! I thought it'd be a close fought match against Racing and it did prove to be exactly that. We managed to go 3-0 up in the first leg for them to bring 1 back before half time. And then get a 2nd later on in the second half. We had a chance to finish the match 4-2 as we were awarded a penalty in in the 93rd minute. Luis Rosas steps up as he had scored 2 goals this match, even though he isn't my pen taker - damn that hatrick rule. Anyway he blazes over the bar. A draw in the away leg secured our progress to the quarter finals. Racing were poor, they had 25 shots at us only getting 5 shots on target.

Quarters saw us visit Argentina again as we were matched up with River Plate. I expected to get hammered in both legs considering how good River Plate are. We held our own in the home leg, I did go more defensive, but not too much that we'd never have an attack. We controlled large portions of the game and we got the decisive goal after only 14 minutes through Romero. The away leg saw us score after only 2 minutes giving us a vital grip on the tie. The goal was hilarious, if unsporting! (You can watch it HERE) I then opted for a counter game and we were really under pressure for almost the entire game. Defended like champs though anything River threw at us we dealt with, including some class saves by Fraga.

A few cupsets along the way has lead us to the semi-finals of the Copa Libertadores where we face yet another Argentina side in Estudiantes, the current holders of the cup. Can we surprise them as well??

Player Analysis

Key defender: Miguel angel Fraga

Key saves and organises the defence well.

Goals and assists. Scored the crucial goals in the previous few matches.

Key attacker: Luis Rosas

Carrying on his impressive streak securing us the home leg win over Racing Club, even if he did miss a pen!

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

June 2016

Copa Libertadores

sYbNq.png

So we left off at the semi-finals, where we were facing last seasons winners Estudiantes. Well, they showed why they were the champs, reclaiming the title, banging in 10 goals along the way across the semi-final and the final. We lost the home leg a modest 1-0. But got annihilated in the away leg 4-0. We were no match for them in any way shape or form. Seems a long way to go before we reach their level. Having said that I am delighted we even made the semi-finals as I never expected to reach that far for a few years yet. So I have no complaints on that front!

Behind the Scenes

Board Overview

The board came out and said they were increasing the training and youth facilities, even though they already were, so not sure what that means. They've also gone and started expansion on the stadium (didn't get a message about this) even though we only had 3 sell outs this season. So that's confusing a probably a waste of money. But as long as I get what I want I'm happy. So I asked for them to increase the Junior Coaching budget to which they've agreed once again. It's now at an exceptional level (are there any above this?). They've also put in under soil heating.

On a side note, teams have already been lining up with bids and enquires regarding Razo which I've bat away. He's just signed a provisional 5 year contract for when he turns 17. I'm going through the process of offering new contracts to a few whose are running out and players do seem to be getting greedier. Definitely their agents are anyway. Some I won't keep on out of sheer principle.

Retired Players

So our first retired player as Toros Neza boss sees Carlos Carino hang up his boots raking up 100 appearances for the club and also scoring 6 goals in as many seasons. I have taken him on as a coach though.

At least you went out to the eventual winners.

One way to look at it I suppose!

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

Pre-Season 2016/17

Transfers

Not a lot of activity. Rosas had been a decent servant over the years but is the wrong side of 30, wasn't getting many games and saved on a bit of wage. Bucio was our 2nd choice keeper, he had been making a fuss for a season or two now about wanting to leave so thought it'd be best if he did before he upsets the other players. Got a decent price for him seeing as Pumas were the only team interested. I've had to promote a 17 year old to backup keeper, so let's hope Fraga has an injury free campaign. Another problem is Rendon. He's gone on loan to Moreila with an agreed fee of £1.2m should they wish to take him permanent. This was in his contract and I had no idea it was there. Something I really need to pay attention to, infact I need to stop putting them in contracts. I've offered him a new deal, not for a great deal more, so hopefully he turns Moreila down.

Couple contracts I need to sew up as soon as, but their asking for way more than they're worth. So we'll see.

Friendlies

xRms3.png

Good pre-season. I promoted a few youngsters so important to bed them in. I've also opted for a 4-4-2 diamond formation to fit in my 3 best attackers, so that needed a bit of getting used to as well.

Behind the Scenes

Board Overview

As you can see the developments are coming along nicely, we'll have shiny new facilities by the end of the year.

Wow. Estudiantes didn't even let in a single goal. You did good to make the semis. Congrats :thup:

They are the beasts of that tournament, pretty sure they've won the last 3. They were on another level. But you're right, semis were a good achievement!

Awesome stuff in the Libertadores, making amazing progress already :thup:

Thanks! It's helped having a good board who have literally not bickered over anything and if the moneys there they're willing to upgrade. It seems like I need to make 1 big sell every so often and it'll sort us out financially for 3/4/5 years.

Nice work getting the facililities upgraded.

Thanks. Most of the plaudits should go to the board as they just went ahead and did it.

Was a very good run in the Copa Libertadores and you got further then your group winners Boca :D Estudiantes performances seem very scary,especially pushing Corinithians aside like that!

Was a very good run in the Copa Libertadores and you got further then your group winners Boca. Estudiantes performances seem very scary,especially pushing Corinithians aside like that!

Yep! Finishing 2nd was my plan all along! Estudiantes team are impressive, hard to look past them each year.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

July 2016

League Fixtures

QZ17b.png

League Table

e6U0M.png

Average Points

League Analysis

A good start to our league campaign. Our new tactic has proved to be effective so far scoring 7 in 2 games. Shouldn't have conceded two against Pachuca, but I'm playing a young CB partnership, so mistakes are to be expected. Razo has started in impressive fashion getting a brace in both games.

North American Champions League

NACL Preliminary Round Fixtures

R2vUE.png

North American Champions League Analysis

Very easy preliminary round. We played full throttle in both legs and I was able to play a second string in both games and still easily win. Good run around for the younger players.

Player Analysis

Key defender: Enrique Samario

Featured in all our games so far this season and has impressed, especially in the NACL games where he's looked good on the offence.

Still a key playmaker in our side. I'm relying him more on assists rather than goals this season.

Key attacker: Pablo Razo

Impressed a lot. Attributes have already gone up in a few areas and I reckon he'll be running the show sooner rather than later. Mention should go to Lopez who notched 5 against our NACL opponents. But they were poor.

Oh and Razo also broke the youngest ever First Division goalscorer record by beating our very own Leonardo Lopez by 1 day at 16 years and 34 days, to Lopez's 16 years and 35 days!

Due to image limit:

North American Champions League Group Stage

dhwEu.png

With our win over SJJ we were put in this group. I'm expecting an easy qualification and only Seattle look to be a real threat. But we'll see how it goes with the youngsters playing majority of these games.

Seattle is no threat ;) says the guy from Vancouver.....

:lol: I'll take your word for it!

this reminds me of my favourite ever save where i played as Atlas in like fm10.

Although you are doing it tougher than i was when i took over we were a midtable team with a massive youth academy. I had so much fun in mexico

It is a fun league once you get going! Coincidently I had an excellent save on FM10 as well where I played as Pumas in Mexico. You not tempted to re-light the fire and smuggle yourself back into Mexico??

I don't have a computer at the moment so i'm living vicariously through other peoples careers. But this has made me want to get a computer asap and get myself back into mexico.

Pacheco from Atlas is my favourite player in the game

Pacheco is a good player, done my team over a couple times when he was at Tigres. Moved on to Anzhi in 13/14 season.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

August 2016

League Fixtures

h1GX6.png

League Table

WLa5h.png

Average Points

League Analysis

A good month in all against some tricky sides. Disappointed with the draw against Xolos as we had many opportunities to put that game to bed. We didn't deserve a win against America, they defended better than we could attack. Other than that, our new tactic is playing well, our youngsters are developing nicely and nobody has been complaining about not getting regular games. The last result is a friendly as there's two weeks until our next league game, just an easy morale booster really.

NACL Group Stage

Fixtures

FbvFR.png

NACL Analysis

Two wins out of two Easy game against Seattle. They had a fair amount of shots but nothing that was really troubling. We got two early goals and didn't really have to do anything after that as their team just raked up cards and had two players sent off. Good win against Municipal who actually scored first after only a couple of minutes. I thought I had underestimated them by playing my youngsters, but we bounced back and the few experienced players we had on the pitch made the difference, notably Rosas who I had upfront on his own, and Vega who was a beast on the left flank. Orduna looks a very useful winger for us as well and look forward to seeing how he develops.

Player Analysis

Key defender: Victor Hugo Vega

Playing at left back, CB, or left midfield. He has put in some classy shifts getting a couple goals and assists to help the team.

Key midfielder: Jorge Corral

Our main right winger in the league. Uses his pace well and seems to get on the end of crosses pretty decently too.

Key attacker: Pablo Razo

8 goals in as many games, he's really living up to the hype. At 16 he's already and established member of the first team and looks to be that way for many years to come.

i always struggled hardcore for consistancy in the 2 leagues. i would at least make the final in one and miss the playoffs in the other. And i found that the AI did too. So your consistancy is well admired.

I never managed to get into the copa libertadores but loved the cwc and the nacl was a cakewalk.

KUTGW!

also i rhink you can only qualify for either nacl or copa libertadores and if you look at it like the europa league and champions league you'll understand.

That or i'm just plain wrong and maybe its the ave pts for the season.

Maybe its changed since fm10

i always struggled hardcore for consistancy in the 2 leagues. i would at least make the final in one and miss the playoffs in the other. And i found that the AI did too. So your consistancy is well admired.

I never managed to get into the copa libertadores but loved the cwc and the nacl was a cakewalk.

KUTGW!

At the start we were inconsistent between the two stages, generally doing better in the Closing Stage, and you're right about the AI being the same. But we look to grind out similar results in each stage now.

also i rhink you can only qualify for either nacl or copa libertadores and if you look at it like the europa league and champions league you'll understand.

That or i'm just plain wrong and maybe its the ave pts for the season.

Maybe its changed since fm10

I'm not entirely sure in all honesty how you qualify for either! So we'll see how I do at the end of this stage and whether I'm in the Copa Libertadores next year.

Looking good so far,don't think the NACL group stage will be too hard.Looks like Razo is banging them in,excellent performances for a 16 year old.

Yeah the NACL group hasn't posed too many threats. It's been a nice way to give the younger/backup players some game time while saving majority of first teamers for the league. Yeah Razo has been a revelation, looking the part already at such an early stage in his career.

See? I told you that Seattle is nothing to worry about

You we were right! They put up more of a fight second time round though.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

September 2016

League Fixtures

2q02m.png

League Table

2wUYU.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Not a very good month in the league at all. Chivas are the high flyers and early pace setters so a draw against them wasn't such a bad result and kept us in touching distance of them. Then came a pounding at the hands of Monterrey. We just did not turn up. We couldn't make simple passes, we didn't win any headers, we were out muscled, out paced and was just a lacklustre performance from the lads. They had 6 shots on target and 5 of them finding the back of the net. We then rounded the month off with a 2-1 victory over Jaguares thanks to a brace from Razo. With all that, we're still 3rd in the table and 4 points off first place. Equally we are 4 points off 7th.

Going up in the Average Points rankings where we are now fifth, averaging 1.82 points per game over the past 3 seasons. So that's an encouraging sign.

NACL Group Stage

Fixtures

nXzn0.png

NACL Analysis

After the draw with Chivas we suffer from deja vu and draw with Montreal Impact 2-2, largely down to inexperienced defending and my 17 year old keeper not knowing how to use his hands. Then a 2-1 win over Seattle and a 4-0 win over Municipal, in which all the goals came after the 80th minute when I brought Diaz on, has secured us top spot and a place in the Quarter Finals. All the other Mexican sides in the competition are also through.

Player Analysis

There really wasn't anyone worth bragging about this month, but I'll leave you with Pablo Razo as he was still a constant threat. I'm expecting the players to step it up next month as they weren't really up to it this one.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

October 2016

League Fixtures

mLWfk.png

League Table

sj1E9.png

Average Points

League Analysis

A better month for us in terms of points gained rather than some of the actual performances. We started off with a deserved 4-0 win over Cruz Azul before going on to score 4 goals in our next two games. Scoring hasn't really been an issue for us, but we don't really have any stand out defenders to keep it tighter at the back. In the Tecos game Guajardo got injured and is out for 3 to 4 months, and our first team keeper got injured and was out for the remainder of the Opening Stage games. So after our keeper got injured we had to bring in our 18 year old and he was well out of his depth in all honesty. Our defence didn't help the cause and we threw away a 2 goal lead against Santos Laguna and looked very leaky at the back. Pumas capitalised on that and took all 3 points off us. We then ended with 2 more wins to finish in 2nd place thanks to Pumas slipping up last game.

We have been drawn against Pachuca in the quarter finals of the play offs. We have a good record against them with 5 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss.

NACL Group Stage

Fixtures

eKyrj.png

NACL Analysis

Final game to finish off the groups and we ran out 3-1 winners with mostly youngsters. Happy with that to finish top. Would like to avoid Pumas in the quarters.

Player Analysis

Added a fair few goals to his game this month. Not as many assists as I would like from him, being my winger, but if he's getting the goals that's okay too.

Key attacker: Leonardo Lopez

With Guajardo out for so long I was wondering how this lad would do stepping up, and he hasn't disappointed. With the games he has played, he's kept up with Razo on the goals. They could make a very good partnership.

Doing well so far,don't think it will be too long before you start winning the playoffs.Excellent group stage performance in the NACL,hope you can have a good run in that.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

November 2016

Opening Stage Playoff Finals

2hFeD.png

Playoff Fixtures

C2DgJ.png

Playoff Finals Analysis

Absolutely thrilled! Finally our players didn't look or feel overwhelmed by the occasion, showed determination and grit even when we were up against it. The 3-3 was a bit disappointing in the first game, but it was better for us as we would only need a draw in the 2nd leg due to finishing higher in the table, but we won the second leg anyway. We were then drawn against Tigres who always score past us so we were in for a tough game. Low and behold they go and win the away leg 3-0. I thought we were out at this point. So we went into the home leg having to win by 3 goals. We played an attacking game but a bit more cautious. Everything we touched turned into a goal. We were so dominant it was one of our most impressive games yet, especially given the situation. 5-0 winners with Razo grabbing a hatrick in the process and to the final!

Chivas had just put 8 goals past Santos Laguna so I was fearing for our sake. We needed to win as well as a draw is no good cause we'd go out. In the home leg we were battered. From start to finish. They gave us a cheap penalty just after 10 minutes with Razo converted, then we had a player sent off on 24 mins and we were really up against it. So we sat back and hit them on the counter 25 minutes from time to make it 2-0 and we held on by the skin of our teeth. We had 3 shots on target and 35% possession. The second leg wasn't really any different. We were helped a lot by Chivas' inability to put the ball in the net. They had 25 shots at us but only worked Fraga 7 times. Chivas got the breakthrough on 20 mins through Hobbit Bermudez who always scores past us. We got 2 back before half time and looked comfortable. We were put under the kosh in the second half, understandably as they needed 3 more goals. We held firm and defended for our lives. They missed a penalty late on to ensure victory!

Player Analysis

Key defender: Miguel Angel Fraga

Put in some key performances during the play offs, and generally looked stable.

Added some more assists to his name and was always a threat on the wing.

Key attacker: Pablo Razo & Leonardo Lopez

Both players have worked really well together and have been banging in the goals. Guajardo will have a tough time getting his first XI spot back off Lopez.

North American Champions League Quarter Finals

TlLsb.png

Happy with the draw. I wanted to avoid the Mexican sides (while hoping they met eachother!) so it was a nice surprise to be drawn against Costa Rican side Saprissa.

Behind the Scenes

We've finished upgrading our Youth and Training facilities. They're still a long way off being where we want them. But I did manage to ask the board to improve the youth facilities again straight after to which they have agreed. So we're looking good on that front.

Doing well so far,don't think it will be too long before you start winning the playoffs.Excellent group stage performance in the NACL,hope you can have a good run in that.

Quicker than you may have thought :lol:. I'm hoping for a good run as well, and I think we can if we avoid the Mexican sides for as long as possible.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

December & January 2017

Off-Season Friendlies

HwpyV.png

Good results with a nice mix of personnel getting some game time. A bunch of our players have had resounding interest from across the seas, but no bids on them yet.

League Fixtures

gKecb.png

League Table

l0dx3.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Two games in and a very good start once again showing that scoring goals doesn't really seem to be such an issue any more. Still look a bit frail at the back, but I'm hoping our young defenders can develop well enough to be continued first teamers.

Player Analysis

Key defender: Francisco Javier Dorame

Looked very assured at the back, something our defence was lacking in the previous stage.

Key midfielder: Victor Hugo Vega

Really nailed down the left midfield position. He gets forward and gets his crosses in very well, and is a capable defender to track back and win possession.

Key attacker: Pablo Razo & Leonardo Lopez

Again I can't really choose between the two. They seem to compliment each other nicely and both getting amongst the goals.

Behind the Scenes

Board Overview

As you can see we're in the process of upgrading our facilities again. Does mean our finances have taken a bit of a hit, but nothing that will cause us any real harm yet. Our wage budget is under very tight control, not giving in to players (and agents) ridiculous demands, which is why our 29 year old RB will be off on a free at the end of the season. I flat out refuse to pay him 1000% more than he's currently on, so I'd rather get 6 months more use out of him and then say farewell.

Congrats on winning the opening stage,good start to the closing stage as well.Razo is doing brilliantly for being so young.I don't think it will be too long before he gets called up by Mexico!

Great job on winning the opening stage!

Thank you!

Wow, great work winning the opening stage!

Gracias!

Congrats on winning the opening stage,good start to the closing stage as well.Razo is doing brilliantly for being so young.I don't think it will be too long before he gets called up by Mexico!

Ta muchly. Yeah we've started well in that too. I've taken an attacking approach at all times now, I'd rather we put them on the back foot and a risk a counter rather than us being on the backfoot and relying on a counter. It works well against most teams, but I struggle the most against the basic 4-4-2. Can't fault Razo. He's already broke the records for most goals in the league for a season. At 16. With over 10 games to go :lol:. I'd expect a Mexico call up can't be far off. I hope Romero can get a call up as well as he deserves it too.

Archived