Mikal's Moving On - A New Vision

Mikal

Congrats on winning both titles

Thanks! Dreading this first season with the big boys though.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

Pre-Season 2013/14

Transfers

Just the two outs. One signed a pre-contract beginning of the year so always knew he was off. There has been noise about Silva (amongst others) getting interest from bigger clubs. I've always issued a hands off warning. Racing came in with a £2.5m bid for Silva, the biggest transfer the club would have seen. I would have happily rejected it, but the board saw it as too good to turn down. So we're now down on our best CB. We are in for a bumpy season.

Friendlies

fixtures-7.png

I always let my assistant play the friendlies and get the players fitness levels up, I just arrange them for income. Not too worried by the results, my assistant was playing all sorts of players.

This season is going to be a big, big struggle by the looks of things though. Our squad is thin and the quality few. We'll give it a shot and my main aim for the season is to just not get relegated. That is all. We need to try and stay in the division if we want to improve our finances (we managed a profit of £750k this year), and improve our stadium/training/youth facilities because we won't last very long with some of the players we have.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats on promotion! Good luck in the top division!

Thank you, thank you. It's been a tough couple of months.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

As the Opening Stage only lasts 4 months thought I'd go back to doing monthly updates (seeing as I won't be making the play-offs :lol:)

August 2013

League Fixtures

fixtures-8.png

League Table

MexicanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages.png

Average Points

League Analysis

I expected the worst coming into the season, especially after looking at some of the players other teams had. The difference in quality was staggering. But, game #1 rolled along and we performed better than I thought. I was actually disappointed by the end of it coming out with just a draw after they equalised in the 85th minute. We then got our first win of the season with a 1-0 win over Atlante. Thought we'd have no trouble staying in this division! Then things didn't start to go so well. We were picking up injury after injury after injury. My average age must have been about 16, we were stressed to the absolute bare minimum, and it showed. Losses against Pumas, Jaguares and a thumping at the hands of Cruz Azul all showed how difficult this league would be to stay in. We somehow managed to round the month off with a very fortunate 2-1 win over Chivas.

We're lingering just above relegation on average points. It's probably worse for us not having played in this division in the past 3 years as each time we drop points the average points hugely decreases. But can also massively increase with vital wins/draws.

Slowly our players are returning to fitness, but it really has been a tough opening month.

Player Analysis

Key defender: Miguel Angel Fraga

#1 keeper and without him I couldn't see us picking up many points. Really has done a great job at the back. Shame he's injured for another 3 weeks as his replacement is nowhere near as good and unfortunately it shows on the pitch.

Key midfielder: Ismael Pineda

Good offensively and defensively, put in some solid performances and has opened his account for the season.

Key attacker: Julien Benitez

Looks to be one of my only threats with 3 goals and 1 assist in 6 games. He will be one of the main factors in us avoiding relegation, if we do.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

September 2013

League Fixtures

fixtures-9.png

League Table

MexicanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-2.png

Average Points

League Analysis

A very good month in all. 7 points from a possible 12 is more than acceptable, and if every month is like this one we'll have no problem! The draw against Tigres was a fair result, even if we did have 35% possession. We were sublime against Pachuca and it was a well deserved win. We then absolutely robbed Toluca of 3 points. A very undeserving victory for us! Second best for everything, but if Toluca don't want to finish their chances they will get punished! When we scored against the run of play, we were able to get another soon after from a counter. A 3rd and we really were laughing! Although not for long. They put us under immense pressure and got a goal back with 20 mins to go. Another goal on 81 and it really was squeaky bum time! Packed everyone in defence, set everyone to just lump the ball forward, just get it out. Luckily, and I mean luckily, we hung on to a priceless victory. Although karma came back to haunt us in the next game when it was our turn to be absolutely atrocious. Not 1 shot on target all game sums us up. We lost to a 40 yard screamer and gave Puebla their first points of the season.

As far as the average points go, we are in a healthy position so far. I'd expect a total 35-40 points for the two halves of the season would be enough to keep us safe from relegation.

Player Analysis

Key defender: [/url]

I wouldn't say any defender deserved a spot here, as we've only kept 1 clean sheet so far this season. This guy did have some boots to fill with Silva leaving, and he's done an alright job after his injury getting a goal and helping us secure 3 points against Toluca.

A key cog in midfield.

Key attacker:

It would have been Benitez, but he missed 2 crucial penalties this month and that just doesn't fly with me. Guajardo had contributed goals and assists, so opted for him this month.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

October 2013

League Fixtures

fixtures-10.png

League Table

MexicanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-1.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Rearguard. A strange month sees us do the complete opposite of the others and that's keep 4/5 clean sheets and score next to no goals. The draws against Moreila and San Luis I was slightly disappointed with as I felt we could have nicked 3 points from at least 1 of those games. But a point is a point and it all goes towards survival. I was also a bit disappointed we didn't beat America, as they are stuck down at the bottom of the table and were there for the taking, although if you was to ask if I would have taken a point before the season had started, then I most certainly would have. A good month, but need to bag a few more goals, even if it means opening up a bit. Too soon to be thinking about play-offs? :lol:

Around mid-table on the Average Points system, which is a a welcome sight. Another 15-20 points over the next 19 games should just about secure us a spot.

Player Analysis

Decided since we kept all those clean sheets I'd have my entire defence as the key players for this month.

GK: Miguel Angel Fraga

RB: Eduardo Chavez

LB: Francisco Javier Dorame

CB: Alberto Lucio

CB: Victor Manuel Albarran

All put in classy performances and they all go along way to secure a spot in the top division.

Good start to top division life.

It has been better than expected, but only half way there yet!

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

November 2013

League Fixtures

fixtures-11.png

League Table

MexicanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-2-1.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Just the two games to finish off the opening part of the season, and neither game I expected anything from given the vast difference in quality. So happy with the point against Monterrey, and we gave a good showing against Santos Laguna, even if it wasn't enough.

Slipping down the average points table but still hanging on in there. 40 points will be our aim and I think we'll be safe.

Opening Stage Playoff Finals

OS-1.png

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

November & December 2013

Off-Season Friendlies

fixtures-12.png

10 friendlies played, bringing in around £200k in total. No transfers took place, all that happened for us was renewing some of our staff contracts.

Our finances are still poor. Desperately need to remain in this division if we're going to push on with our ambitions.

Made a good start for your survival fight.Your finances maybe poor but they are starting to show signs of improvement.

This is true, onwards and upwards and all that!

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

January 2014

League Fixtures

fixtures-13.png

League Table

MexicanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-4.png

Average Points

League Analysis

High flying.

3 games in to the Closing Stage and things have started tremendously well. 2 away wins against tough opposition, especially Pumas who we were told we'd have no chance against. A disappointing home draw, but another clean sheet at home. Think I may need to go a bit more attacking in the home games. The win against Pumas was the highlight of the month, going 3-0 up before almost crumbling under the severe pressure they put on us. And with them scoring their 2nd goal after 88 minutes, I thought we were in for a Pumas comeback. I overloaded the defence and midfield to shut out the game and luckily it worked. A famous victory for Toros Neza!

Shot up to 8th in the Average Points ranking with these early, positive results and a step closer to that 40 point mark. If we keep playing the way we have been we will have no probably reaching that.

Player Analysis

A real rock at the back. Always have confidence in him between the sticks. At 26 years old, we still have time to nurture a replacement for when his playing days are over.

Key midfielder: Luis Rosas

Put in some good wide shifts, crafting out chances for team mates and getting a goal himself.

Key attacker: Emmanuel Guajardo

The boy was on fire this month with 4 goals in 3 matches, can't ask for a better return than that. 5 games next month, hopefully he has it in him to keep firing.

Amazing season.

Thanks!

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

February 2014

League Fixtures

fixtures-14.png

League Table

MexicanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-5.png

Average Points

League Analysis

50/50.

2 wins, 2 losses and a draw. Pretty down the line this month. Off the back of our impressive January month we got roundly trounced by the impressive Jaguares. We just succumbed to their power and it could easily have been more than 3. We bounced back with a win over Cruz Azul, although a draw would have been a fairer result seeing as neither team could get anything on target, but the difference was an own goal in our favour. A loss to Chivas followed. I did initially feel disappointed with the result, but looking back at it, a Cruz win was fair, and they also missed a pen. We had a good, dominating spell at the beginning but teetered out rather quickly. Then 2 clean sheets on the trot with a 0-0 against Tigres and a 1-0 win over Toluca thanks to our 18 year old prospect Mendez.

Player Analysis

Key defender: Alberto Lucio

Ever present and puts in solid shifts on a consistent basis.

Becoming a creative force in our side. Sits deep and can dictate play, chipped in with a goal as well this month and I'm sure a couple of assists too.

Was a toss up between Benitez and Angel Fredi Diaz. But Diaz didn't play the whole month so only seemed fair to give it to Julian.

1 more game and then Youth Intake day! Striker, GK and a LB would be nice.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

Youth Intake 2014

NezaFCYouthCandidatesSquad_Players-1.png

Contracts offered to:

Leonardo Lopez - Striker

Luis Rolando Rendon Left Attacking Midfielder

Jesus Samario - Right Attacking Midfielder

Well I got my striker :lol:. Looks promising, but very, very weak for a target man. We'll see how all 3 develop over the coming years.

Edit: Also finally some sort of improvement...

improve.png

We still don't have the finances to improve the youth facilities though.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

March 2014

League Fixtures

fixtures-15.png

League Table

MexicanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-6.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Overachievers?

Not a great month in what I thought was going to be one of our best. Maybe the headlines of us being overachievers do reign a sense of truth. Anyway, we got off to a cagey win over Puebla and topped that off with a 0-0 draw with Moreila. Our next 2 games were against teams occupying the bottom 2 positions. We were favourites for both games, but clearly that sort of pressure is unfamiliar territory for my team and we flattered to deceive and just crumbled in both games conceding 6 goals in the 2 games. Poor showing. I'm pretty sure 90% of the goals we concede are from headers. We really do lose the aerial battles.

Mid table on average points with 4 games to go (and possibly play off games) and 1 point off the magic 40 I thought it'd take to be safe.

Player Analysis

Key defender: Fernando Corral

Went for the 17 year old as I dropped my first team RB due to silly mistakes in past games, and this lad performed decent, whilst not spectacular. But none of the defenders really shone.

Key midfielder: Jorge Corral

My other Corral, 16, played some solid games on the right wing when I called upon him, even getting his first goal for the club.

Our most creative threat.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

April 2014

League Fixtures

fixtures-16.png

League Table

MexicanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-7.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Play offs beckon.

A much better month and I could have only dreamt about those 3 wins. America have been shocking this season, but always seemed up for it against us. We went 1-0 down after 9 minutes and thought that was it from then, but we got an instant response on 11 mins making it 1-1. Then their player got sent off on 23 mins and it was pretty even after that. We then sealed the win with a 93rd minute winner, and for once it didn't happen against us! The loss to Atlas was unnerving, I thought we could have at least got a point, but their win meant they were on our tails for the play offs. A smash and grab win over Monterrey was an absolute joy to see! We deserved nothing from that game, we were battered. Then a resounding 3-0 win over Santos Laguna finished the Closing Stage off very nicely. We have no been drawn against Cruz Azul in the Quarter Finals.

Our average points look healthy, and will give us a good starting point for next season too.

Player Analysis

Once again had a great month. Was solid in our wins and was a contributing factor. Saved a pen against Santos early on, too.

Key midfielder: Diego Mejia

Upped his game this season, goals and assists.

Solid month. Always a menace.

Didn't expect things to be so good so soon.
Impressive performances,definitely over achieving.Good luck in the playoffs :D

Thanks guys, about to crack on with my play off match although not holding my breath. Now I've switched over to my new laptop I decided I wasn't happy seeing my logo as the default, and couldn't find it in a pack, so made my own :D.

53eMhl.png

Larger

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

May 2014

Closing Stage Playoff Finals

qJ1DZ.png

Playoff Analysis

Well well. For a start the win over Cruz Azul was not as 1 sided as it sounds, we essentially had 6 shots on target throughout both legs and scored 6 goals :lol:. We played the counter attacking game very well, especially in the home leg which we won 4-1. It helped that they didn't have their beast of a striker Villa who has scored 23 goals this season and a hatrick earlier in the season against us. Either way, Cruz Azul were poor attacking, and we were very effective on the counter, so in a way we did deserve to beat them. The same can not be said for the match against Chivas. They topped the league and came in at the semi's and really did show their strength. Injuries and tired legs got the better of us and we were over-powered in the end losing 1-0 at home and 3-0 away. Happy with the effort though.

Player Analysis

Player Stats

I don't think we had any stand out players throughout the playoff's. Guarjardo, our leading scorer, hasn't notched a goal for over 9 hours. So he needs to buck his game up on a serious level.

Behind the Scenes

Board Overview

Finances

We're finally out of the red!! A few more seasons in this division and we should be able to start upgrading our facilities. The sooner we do that the better as some of our better players are starting to get on a bit and won't be around forever.

Ecfoh.png

Cruz Azul's manager retired at the end of the season so after the drubbing I gave them in the playoffs they come a knocking for my services :lol:. Crazy budgets though, didn't think Mexican teams had that sort of financial power! We're spending just under £47k per week on wages. It's nice to be thought of, but of course I'mma turn it down.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

Pre-Season 2014/15

Transfers

Just the 1 senior player out who I don't has featured under me, so no loss. The others are youngsters out on loan to our new feeder club. We'll see how their development goes there. We are also due just over £500k for a sell on fee through Racing selling Silva to Granada.

The main transfers really were tying up some players on long term contracts. We have 1 player whose contract runs out in 1 year and that's our star LB, so I'll need to get him tied as soon as, even if his demands are a bit over the top.

Friendlies

4dRaL.png

I also have 3 more scheduled for during the season at £50k a go, so hopefully my assistant picks a team of 15 year olds so our league commitments aren't put at risk.

Behind the Scenes

Board Overview

As you can see our finances are looking decent still. I'd like our balance to reach £1m by the end of the season.

Really good season! Jealous that you were able to improve your Youth Recruitment network already, I've never been able to get mine upgraded.

Yeah I can't fault it! My board seem pretty ambitious and understanding, everything I've asked for they've either done, or said they agree in principle but we just don't have the funds for it at the moment. Which is a good sign, so hopefully when we start to generate some more profits we'll be able to upgrade as soon as.

Also congrats to Fernando Serrano and Ubael Romero for their Mexico U20 call ups. Maybe one of these two will be the first Toros Neza player to get a senior cap!

Also, why are all my youth players bald :lol:, it's like we're sending them through army training.

Much better finances and good to see that you've been able to improve Youth Recruitment.

Nice to Serrano and Romero getting recognition.I have no idea why they are bald,I noticed the same thing on mine :lol:

Much better finances and good to see that you've been able to improve Youth Recruitment.

Nice to Serrano and Romero getting recognition.I have no idea why they are bald,I noticed the same thing on mine

Happy with the eventual progress we're making on the improvement front. I think they must have saw I shaved my own hair and copied me to either get in my good books or to mock me!

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

August 2014

League Fixtures

OdXl5.png

League Table

iWd1k.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Well as you can see I was unable to filter out my friendly fixtures I had during the season so you can have them too! But anyway, it was an action packed month (and a bit) with almost half the league games played for this stage already. We started the season off to the team who crushed us in the semi-finals and we were the ones doing the crushing this time! We went 4-0 up by 60 minutes thanks to good counter attacking and finishing. We were then hit back for 2 late on which annoyed me. Title contenders Monterrey were next and we couldn't carry our momentum on and lost 2-1 after going ahead through a Diaz shot on 13 minutes. We then had a player sent off on 74 and conceded a late winner on 88. Another top half team Santos Laguna were next and we turned our fortunes around and came out 3-1 winners. Maybe Cruz Azul were counting their lucky stars after I turned them down as they then go and beat us 3-1, pretty comfortably too. A win over Pachuca followed, luckily they missed a pen late on. We then kept our 100% record of losing to Jaguares. We scored our 2nd goal in the 85th minute and thought there was a chance at stealing a point, but it wasn't to be. The month was then rounded off with a draw against Xolos thanks to an 84th minute in our favour.

So our month went WLWLWLD.

Player Analysis

Key defender: Victor Hugo Vega

No-one deserved it really, but I asked this guy to play in a multitude of positions over the month and he did a job when asked.

Key midfielder: Ubael Romero

I thought I'd stick him in the starting XI from the off, as the guy who he is replacing has just turned 30, so it's time to bring him through and he did a really good job, looked dangerous a lot of the time, but his end product was lacking. He's also injured which won't help.

Not his best starts, but better than any of my other attackers.

Behind the Scenes

Board Overview

Our finances have gone down around £300k in the past month, not entirely sure how, but I think it will be due to offering new contracts to people and having to fork out on agent/loyalty fees, as well as upgraded wages. I hope this is just a short-term problem.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

September 2014

League Fixtures

kuBXk.png

League Table

qGPh1.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Just the 3 games this month with 1 goal scored and 0 conceded. Another one of those months where not a lot really happens. Happy with the point against Pumas and the win over Atlas. The match against Tigres could have gone either way, and Pineda missed a pen.

Keeping our mid-table place on the average points system, so as long as the teams below carry on losing then it's all good!

Player Analysis

A solid return to the first XI after a bit of injury.

Key midfielder: Julien Benitez

Looked creative but no end product. Did the assist for the 1 goal.

Yep, you guessed it. He got that 1 goal.

Behind the Scenes

Board Overview

Finances plummeting down again. There isn't really much more I can do in regards of bringing in more income. I can't afford to sell any players as we're already very thin and any injury is pretty damning and I wouldn't say our wages were high either. Just need to persist until we start to fill our stadium some more. We've been having some horrible attendances lately, holding the record of lowest attendance EVER in the First Division. Not prepared to cut back on the Junior Budget, seeing as that'd be a step backwards.

Other than that it looks pretty rosy.

Reasonable start, and averages look good.

Yeah it had been OK, got a couple of the big boys out of the way with. We picked our game up in the Closing Stage last season, so hopefully we can emulate that again.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

October & November 2014

League Fixtures

TX5QF.png

League Table

C4dHF.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Very poor month as we only notched 4 goals in 7 games. Our team just have not been playing well lately. Tiredness/injuries/tactical problems. All have contributed to our poor showings. Not really a lot else to say. We still almost grabbed a playoff spot, just needed to beat America on the final game, but we were outclassed on that occasion. Hopefully the Closing Stage will be an improvement.

Player Analysis

No players worth a mention especially when our top goal scorer has 3 goals. On a more positive note. Leonardo Lopez got his first goal for the club in the 1-0 win over Moreila becoming our youngest ever goalscorer and the youngest ever First Division goalscorer.

amvdJ.png

Behind the Scenes

Board Overview

Sliding back into the red. Just do not know where we are spending all this money.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

November, December & (part of) January

Off-Season Friendlies

8shcw.png[/b][/u]

15 friendlies played. Need that money! Luckily not too many injuries occured.

Behind the Scenes

Board Overview

Even with the mass of friendlies we still lost £100k over the past 2 months. I may look at selling a key player at the end of the season if I think we have a suitable replacement. Both Benitez and Pineda have interest, inbox messages saying bids of around £11m. So if I can get £15m for Benitez I think he'll be gone, I'd like to keep Pineda.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

January 2015

League Fixtures

wV0Qu.png

League Table

Menb2.png

Average Points

League Analysis

After a poor showing in the Opening Stage I was hoping we'd up our game for this Closing Stage. Knowing we had tough opening games I wasn't expecting fireworks from the off, and it didn't with a 2-0 loss at the hands of Chivas. We then got a valuable point against Monterrey.

But the game I want to talk about is the game we recorded our biggest win ever against Jaguares. Before the game I wasn't happy with the way we were playing this season. I had been chopping and changing my tactics here and there trying to find a winning formula, then I just thought sod it, lets start from scratch. Opened up the tactic creator and then went for basic and to really look at what I was asking the team to do, and what capabilities my team actually have. So I looked at my squad, looked at the best players we have. Pineda, Benitez and Fraga. Fraga was always a given seeing as he's the keeper and they rarely change. So I put the other two in the team first, in their preferred positions, then carried on going down my team and putting players in on ability. We then had a first XI with roles. I had been playing a high closing down game before, and while I like this idea in principle, it didn't work for us, we had far too many people come out of position and not win possession, so I scrapped this idea and told the players not to press so much, but let them come to us, keep shape. I had also been keen on a short passing game, work it around wait for an opening. Again I went the opposite, I went direct, get the ball forward to the players that can do damage, if it's not in our half we can't concede.

Now on to the game. Maybe it was because Jaguares were on a bad run of their own, but we were very, very good and efficient. We didn't let a ball go to waste, players looked like they had talent and really wanted it. Jaguares probably thought they were turning up with 3 points in the bag, but we surprised them a treat. During the game I took a closer look at the stats, at my assistants advice and generally how my team were performing. The little things aye! Delighted with the win, and hopefully many more of this standard to come. (Queue 3-0 loss to Santos Laguna next game).

Player Analysis

Key defender: Fernando Serrano

At 17 he's now our 2nd best defender and is now a regular. Put in a solid shift against Jaguares, made some crucial tackles and interceptions.

Key midfielder/attacker: Ubael Romero

This lad is the present and future of the team. He put in a class performance against Jaguares to secure the overwhelming win. He still has a lot of room for improvement as well, apparently.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

February 2015

League Fixtures

e0rSb.png

League Table

KmrMG.png

Average Points

League Analysis

A good month to carry on from our impressive end of Jan win. Started off with a draw with Santos, could easily have won that match though. Then we got a drubbing by Cruz Azul, definitely didn't deserve anything from that, they were too good. Then 3 wins on the trot ended a solid month and pushed us up the league table. Big negative is our promising young CB, Serrano, suffered cruciate ligament damage and will now be out for 8-10 months, real blow that. Won't see him again until the next Closing Stage. Hopefully his development isn't halted too much.

Our average points are looking good. Hoping to get at LEAST the same amount of points as last season, with 9 games to go, 12 points are certainly attainable.

Player Analysis

Key between the sticks as always.

Very good month again, I gave him a rest for the final game as he had played a lot. Becoming a key player.

Back in the goals. No small part down to Romero's link up play.

Performing very well so far and hopefully you can keep improving your average points as well to ensure survival.

Definitely! Keeps you in a good position for the following seasons as well if you can keep up your average points.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

Youth Intake 2015

9gMIt.png

contracts offered to:

Enrique Samario - Left Fullback

Pablo Ramos - Central Defender

Andres Hernandez - Defensive Midfielder

Irving Infante - Central Defender

Jesus Rojina - Goalkeeper

Camilo Salazar - Defensive Midfielder

A fantastic looking youth intake this year. A lot of potential here. My main hopes were a keeper and a left back. I got a very good looking prospect in Enrique Samario for the left back slot, and will probably have him lingering around the first team straight away as I have very little cover there. The keeper may or may not make it, but I needed cover. The others will be left in the U20's to develop and fight for a first team spot, or to sell on for profit.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

March 2015

League Fixtures

Y6mPf.png

League Table

DJeCD.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Along with a good youth intake came a good set of results, mostly. We got the month off to an absolute pummeling by Pumas. We really did get taken left, right and center. Did not make for pleasant viewing. We then won 3 out of our next 4, drawing with Moreila. The highlight of the month was the 5-1 shafting we gave to Correcamios courtesy of 5 goals by Guajardo. We actually ended up with around 40% possession or worse that game.

Up to 4th in the league after these good results, I'm glad my new tactic is working as well, if not better than, I hoped. I reckon another 3 points will be enough to secure a play off spot, which I'll be very disappointed if we don't get. Again our average points are looking tidy, 2 points off last seasons tally, which we should beat now.

Player Analysis

Key midfielder: Diego Mejia

This 31 year old really impressed me. Clearly on his last legs, but has a lot to offer. He was my first choice AMC before Romero came onto the scene, and he has been away on international so back steps Diego, and he did not disappoint. He scored the only goal in the Moreila match with what must have been his first touch, and then has been very involved in the rest of the goals we've scored.

1 game this month he didn't score in, but made up for it by smashing 5 in the game against Correcamios, earning a 10.00 rating.

Behind the Scenes

B4wK2.png

Even though we're horribly down on funds, I thought I'd ask the board for an upgrade in the Junior Coaching department and they agreed to upgrade it again! Probably an expense we can't afford, but I'm willing to give it a go!

Making a serious mark on the table now.

We're trying! But it's usually always very tight, one bad result and you'll find yourself dropping 4/5 places.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

April 2015

League Fixtures

d9H87.png

League Table

G6weX.png

Average Points

League Analysis

Just the 1 win this month, so a bad end to the season. No part down to the amount of rotation I tried to do coupled with the amount of injuries we have. I tried to drop key players with the playoffs pretty much in the bag, but then they go and get injured in training anyway! So we've had it tough, but luckily we are in the playoffs.

Player Analysis

One of the only positives this month, although did pick up a hefty injury.

We've been drawn against Cruz Azul for the 2nd time in as many playoffs, so hoping for a repeat of last time, and not a repeat of our league performances! Although looking at our injuries:

PYu1R.png

We are well and truly up against it. All I have fit is 1 first team LB. Both first team CBs are injured, the other one needlessly got sent off in the final game and my first team RB is also injured. On top of that our top goalscorer is out, too. No idea how I'm going to field a team that's capable of defending. Well, here we go.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

May 2015

Closing Stage Playoff Finals

V9u4c.png

Playoff Analysis

A playoff to forget. With so many first team players out we never really stood a chance against a good attacking side. We had about 3 players out of position for the home leg and I just chucked everyone behind the ball. We lost to a brilliant strike which wouldn't have been stopped regardless of my team. Which was a shame, as other than that we defended decent. Ended up with about 34% possession. The away leg, I needed to at least give it a go. So we did, and was punished for trying! Got destroyed 3-0.

Player Analysis

Player Stats

Guajardo, Romero, Pineda and Fraga were our best players over the course of the season. We need goals to be chipped in elsewhere in midfield if we're going to be a serious title threat.

Behind the Scenes

Board Overview

So back in positive after we received £1.6m for our final position. I do think Benitez will be out the door when the transfer window is open. We should receive a good fee, and it will clear £7k+ p/w in wages.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

Pre-Season 2015/16

Transfers

Two outs this transfer window. Gordillo had a £250k release clause (which I had forgot about) so he was on his way, leaving me with having to promote a youngster as backup striker (saves on wages too). But the big news was selling Julien Benitez for a fee of £13.75m, a new transfer record for us. He put in some good shifts for us, and I would have liked to keep him but couldn't turn it down. It put us in a great position financially and the board instantly started to spend it upgrading things! Happy with the fee, he's 28 and was on over £8k p/w for us, which is just too much for now. Plus he got a tasty pay rise at Wigan.

We also tied up a couple other players on new contracts. Guajardo had a min. fee release of £4m to foreign clubs (forgot about this as well), and a couple bid, so I had to offer him a contract, giving him a £2k p/w pay rise. Worth it though.

Friendlies

v6l0W.png

Hopefully my assistant bedded in some of the youngsters I plan to use this season.

Behind the Scenes

Board Overview

As you can see our finances are looking much better with the sales. I hope we can keep our finances at a steadily level during the season, as I really can not afford to sell more key players and can't really afford to give them huge wage rises.

Also you may notice that the board is upgrading both the training and youth facilities which is top news :thup:

Samario and Ramos look like they could be really good when they develop!

I'm hoping for Samario to take over at LB some point in the future, he definitely looks like he could be first team material. Ramos has the potential, but his physicals are poor, so that's something that needs working on. I'm undecided on whether to focus more on speed or strength, seeing as his marking isn't as good as his other defensive attributes, some pace could come in handy if he loses his marker. Then again I could focus on marking. I wish I had more players with higher determination so I could get some youngsters tutored, just have none... Besides Samario :lol:.

Good to see finances in order.

Definitely one of the positives so far this season. We're still losing money each month, but it shouldn't stop us should we wish to upgrade anything else.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

July & August 2016

League Fixtures

MaV09.png

League Table

xVgWI.png

Average Points

League Analysis

We made an absolute flying start to the season going on a 4 game win streak, and we looked very good. We were sitting at the top of the table after those 4 games, but we've fell off the pace a bit in the 3 games after drawing 1 and losing 2. The draw I was happy to take and the loss against Chivas was expected, but losing to Xolos really annoyed me, definitely a team we should be looking to beat, and beat comfortably. It was possibly my own undoing, I like to give my backup keeper the odd game to stop him complaining about first team football (hasn't stopped him complaining) and he generally doesn't perform well, that along with playing a 16 year old at CB didn't help the cause either.

I'm hoping we can stay top 8 on the average points table.

Player Analysis

During our opening games Alberto was as solid as they come, really lead by example.

Key midfielder: Ubael Romero and an honourable mention should go to Jorge Corral

Romero proving to be a vital player in the side. Jorge was a new addition to the first XI, he surpassed Luis Rosas in terms of ability and looks very good down the right flank, gets passed a lot of fullbacks easy enough, but doesn't often have that final ball.

Key attacker: Emmanuel Guajardo and honourable mention to Leonardo Lopez

Emmanuel showing why we gave him a new contract, getting 6 goals and 1 assist in the opening 7 matches. Hasn't scored in the last 3 like, but he's still our biggest goal threat. After the sale of Benitez I needed the left flank filled, and this guy, while looks better as a striker, could play there and the games will be vital experience. He's also contributed 3 goals and 2 assists as well, so performing better than expected.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

September 2016

League Fixtures

Krj6z.png

League Table

tuzln.png

Average Points

League Analysis

September sees us pick up 6 out of a possible 9 points, so not too shabby. We lost to the side who are currently top of the pile, and a much better outfit than we are, but we gave a good account of ourselves in that match.

Player Analysis

Key defender: Eduardo Chavez

Not a great deal of games to make an impression, but Eduardo got a couple assists, so he deserves it.

Choice of between this lad and Jorge Corral, but Ubael edges it by assists.

Picking up 5 goals in 3 games is a good enough return for me!

Behind the Scenes

Hoping to get a feeder club in the league below arranged, would go along way in getting our players experience and develop more.

I'm hoping for Samario to take over at LB some point in the future, he definitely looks like he could be first team material. Ramos has the potential, but his physicals are poor, so that's something that needs working on. I'm undecided on whether to focus more on speed or strength, seeing as his marking isn't as good as his other defensive attributes, some pace could come in handy if he loses his marker. Then again I could focus on marking. I wish I had more players with higher determination so I could get some youngsters tutored, just have none... Besides Samario :lol:.

A lot of my current first team players had really, really bad physicals when they started out. You'd be surprised at how easily they develop. The tutoring aspect really got me at first as well, I've only had good tutors for a few seasons now, and I'm 20 seasons in! Probably won't take you that long, seeing the difference in quality and all :)

Going pretty well this season, keep it up!

Going along very nicely.

You're right, I can't have too many complaints.

Looking good so far.

Definitely. Looking good for playoffs and bumping up our average points.

A lot of my current first team players had really, really bad physicals when they started out. You'd be surprised at how easily they develop. The tutoring aspect really got me at first as well, I've only had good tutors for a few seasons now, and I'm 20 seasons in! Probably won't take you that long, seeing the difference in quality and all :)

Going pretty well this season, keep it up!

Yeah I'm hoping they do shoot up, nice to hear that's what happened with yours. Yeah I did start at a higher quality than the pits of hell you started in ha.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

October & November 2015

League Fixtures

qyMzr.png

League Table

adgPv.png

Average Points

League Analysis

We had a very good two months, only losing once at the start of October. We finished on a 5 game win streak which was a joy, and now we've qualified for the play offs (and are facing Chivas) hopefully we can go in with good morale and take the game to them. My team has a thing about the final game of the season though. Even when I play a lot of backup players, the first teamers I do use still get injured (Guajardo out for 3 weeks) and my RB got sent off. It's madness!

Player Analysis

Key defender: Alberot Lucio

Few cleansheets, put in some good shifts.

Key midfielder: Victor Hugo Vega

When playing a little more defensive, I played this fella left midfielder and he put in some very good performances, getting the odd goal and assist to boot.

Key attacker: Ubael Romero

Always a potent threat, couple goals and a few more assists. Could have gone to Leonardo Lopez as well.

150px-Neza_FC_logo.png

December 2015

9rVlo.png

Playoff Analysis

So the quarters we were drawn against Chivas. Not a good record against them and it was all going so well in the away leg. We went 2-1 up and thought we were going to hold out for a great win. 84th minute equaliser. 87th minute winner. Livid. The home leg went better but we were 2nd best. We got a goal just before half time (along with 2 injuries) and managed to hold out a barrage of attacks in the 2nd half to win the match 1-0 meaning we go through due to finishing higher in the league than Chivas! Tigres next, always a tough game. A 0-0 at home meant we had to win in the away leg due to finishing below Tigres. And win we did. Early goal for us in the 8th minute from a set piece. So they do the same 5 minutes later. We then took the lead before half time and managed to see it out.

Then the final. I have never hurled so much abuse at a computer screen as I did during that first leg. There are just no words to describe how awful it was to watch. It was the worst game to date, bar none. They scored after a mere 2 minutes, and it was all downhill from there. Every attack they had they seemed to score. 1, 2, 3, 4 not even breaking a sweat for them. Consolation goal before half time. 5, 6 in the 2nd half. Unbelievable scenes from the America stands, we were wallowing and looked absolutely out of ideas. Lost the first leg 6-1. No way back from that surely. Nope. Lost 2-0 at home. A sad way to end a brilliant opening season.

Player Analysis

Player Stats

The usual stand outs. Along with the usual half team of injuries. Glad Serrano is back from his cruciate ligament injury and hopefully his progress hasn't been too halted. We currently have no fit striker, but luckily it's the off-season.

Behind the Scenes

Board Overview

Still in the back, but still losing £200k+ a month. We'll finish the season with around a £10m balance I'd imagine. And I'm hoping to get an upgrade on junior coaching or youth recruitment before March, but we'll see what the board says.

Archived