Crazy Canuck on European Managerial Tour - Hitchiking Across the Continent Again!

rancer890

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FC Bayern Munchen at the 2024 European Championship

MAY 16, 2024

MUNCHEN: It is a very exciting time for some players as today fourteen players on FC Bayern Munchen have been selected for their respective national teams for the 2024 European Championships. Every single player who is representing a nation in the tournament will be in Spain for the competition. The full list is as follows:

- Croatia: Davor Kovacev

- Germany: Amor Denden, Manuel Neuer, Florian Zinnbauer, Thomas Muller, Saeid Moradi, Tobias Sen

- Netherlands: Barry Huizinga

- Portugal: Roderick Miranda

- Russia: Cesar

- Spain: Ander Cassado

- Ukraine: Rustem Plotnikov, Yaroslav Rakitskyi

- Wales: Joel Ryan

-----

Every single non-European player on my first team is going to the 2024 Euros! :D

Good job on the Bundesliga :) Glad to see you're still around.

Cheers cerud. I'm around, I'm a bit on and off with playing FM but I'm in a groove now so hopefully I can get a lot more seasons in this save before FM13.

200px-Logo_FC_Bayern_München.svg.png

FC Bayern Munchen - German 1.Bundesliga - 2023-2024

Standings | Fixtures - A very straightforward campaign. Bundesliga is always tough but unlike last season we're on top.

UEFA Champions League - We didn't have too much trouble in Group A, eventually winning it. We sounded defeated Juventus in the second leg, but we met our match with Marseille and the European adventure stopped at the elite eight. Fortunately though those were the board's expectations so I wasn't too disappointed.

DFB-Pokal - A great run in the cup competition ends up with the club lifting a second trophy with a 1-0 win.

Transfers - Lots of transfers, and lots of money spent. Here are the key players for now and the future:

Ricardo Millan - every top team has a great 'keeper, and I think Ricardo has what it takes.

Antonis Borbokis - the young 16 year old spent the year with the U19s, and will continue to stay there next season, but he has a bright future and has what it takes to eventually be a key figure with the first team.

Joel Ryan - a big purchase from Manchester United, but Joel proved to be a great purchase in stabilizing that left back spot.

Ousmane Nanakasse - Ousmane is a great player and he was consistent all season. Manchester City want him but it'll take a lot for me to sell him.

Ander Casado - The $60 million man was our best player. 38 goals is a fantastic return. He could use some help though to score even more.

Roderick Miranda - The veteran was signed on a free and joined in 2024. He didn't play a lot but he provided some insurance depth. I'm interested in resigning him but that depends on the salary.

Ivan Hernandez - Young CM with some potential. Low risk, high reward signing.

Squad - Here's all my important players, and without all these ones I wouldn't win the title.

GK - Ricardo Millan | Manuel Neuer

DR - Berry Huizinga

DC - Tobias Sen | Roderick Miranda

DC - Davor Kovacev

DL - Joel Ryan

MC - Ousmane Nanakasse | Florian Zinnbauer

MC - Jose Ignacio Pallares | Amor Denden

AMR - Saeid Moradi | Cesar

AML - Torsten Tank

ST - Ander Casado

ST - Sekou Diallo

Overview | Facilities | Finances | Affiliations

We did a good job with the finances. We haven't gotten our Champions League revenue so we should make a profit.

Goals for Next season

• Repeat as Champions
  • Get younger
  • Get a striker to play alongside Cassado
  • Hopefully get a lucky youth intake, because my best youth intake players are only 2.5 stars, which isn't enough here.

Career Summary:

Overview

Year Team Country League Position Notes
2016-2017 SV Zulte Waregem Belgium Jupiler Pro League 3rd 99 league goals scored!!!
2017-2018 SV Zulte Waregem Belgium Jupiler Pro League 1st Champions!!!
2018-2019 Club Brugge KV Belgium Jupiler Pro League 1st Domestic Double
2019-2020 Club Brugge KV Belgium Jupiler Pro League 1st Undefeated Champions!!!
2020-2022 Spanish National Team
2022-2023 FC Bayern Munchen Germany 1.Bundesliga 2nd No trophies :(
2023-2024 FC Bayern Munchen Germany 1.Bundesliga 1st Domestic Double

Former Club Watch:

SV Zulte Waregem - As of this update, they are in the European Places Final against KV Mechelen. Win and they get a spot in the Europa League.

Club Brugge KV - The winning tradition is back as they win the league title after a great charge in the Championship Group

I half lied about every European first team player going to Spain, because I forgot Badstuber, but even he's going as an injury replacement. So all the Europeans are officially now going. :D

Munich is taken over Spain!

:cool:

Just make sure that whichever players win don't gloat too much when they return, don't want any jealousy ruining the squad!

Definitely lots of bragging rights in the dressing room! There's a good chance that someone might be showing some nice and shiny Winners medal to everyone during pre-season training...

FC Bayern Munchen - German 1.Bundesliga - 2024-2025 Expectations

Media Prediction: 1st

TV Rights: $11.63 million

1.Bundesliga Expectations: Win it!

DFB-Pokal Expectations: Not important

UEFA Champions League Expectations: Reach Quarter-Final

Transfer Budget: $27.86 million

Wage Budget: $108 million (currently spending $98,311,950)

----

Well the budgets went down again, although I did spend over $100 million on transfers last season, so it's understood that the board would want me to cut back a little. This season I might use up all the transfer budget again, but don't want to allocate extra wage budget to transfer budget. I will be more keen to sell off some players who are either getting up in age, are surplus of requirements, or just making too much money for my liking.

Congrats on the Double!
Nice work on the double fella :thup:.
Congrats on the double,there's always next time for the Champions League.

Cheers lads. I wasn't too down on the CL defeat. IMO, the final 8 was the best I could ask for, especially after last year's debacle in the competition.

Excellent double, well done!

Bit surprised you lost to Marseille in the CL though- did Casado go 'missing' for those two games?

Yes, Casado does go missing every now and then, and unfortunately that was the case against Marseille. I kinda felt we weren't going to beat Marseille, because (1) they're my bogey team in FM, and (2) they're rated #1 in European Club Coefficients.

FC Bayern Munchen hire former legend as Assistant Manager

MUNCHEN - The historic club and manager Ricky Nakano has announced that they have hired former Bayern legend

Philipp Lahm to replace the recently retired Englishman Dave Parnaby.

"We're really excited to have hired Phillip to join the backroom staff as Assistant Manager alongside our manager Ricky Nakano," the club said in a statement, "it is important that we stay in touch with our best players after their playing careers have finished, and having them rejoin the club as staff members is a great method to teach the youngsters coming through about the historic tradition of the club. Phillip will learn the ins and outs in both a management role as well as get managerial experience with the youth team."

The club has also announced the signing of Dutch scout Etienne Esajas (19/18 JPA/JPP).

152px-UEFA_Euro_2012_trophy.jpg

2024 European Championship

Hosts: Spain

Group Stage (points)

A - England (7), Scotland (5), Russia (4), Wales (0)

B - Serbia (7), Italy (6), Ukraine (4), Macedonia (0)

C - Turkey (7), Denmark (4), Bulgaria (2), Germany (2)

D - Spain (6), Croatia (6), Czech Republic (4), Ireland (1)

E - Romania (5), Greece (4), Netherlands (3), Israel (2)

F - France (9), Portugal (4), Poland (3), Sweden (1)

Second Round

England 0-1 Italy

Romania (p) 0-0 Portugal

Serbia 4-0 Russia

Ukraine 1-2 (e) France

Scotland (p) 1-1 Greece

Czech Republic 1-2 Turkey

Spain 2-3 (p) Poland

Denmark 0-3 Croatia

Quarter-Final

Italy 5-2 Romania

Serbia 1-2 (e) France

Turkey 3-1 Scotland

Croatia 2-0 Poland

Semi-Final

Italy 1-2 Croatia

France 1-0 Turkey

Final

Croatia 0-1 France

---

So in the end, the Bayern dressing room is alright because none of our players won the Euros because we have no French players!

FC Bayern Munchen - German 1.Bundesliga - 2024-2025 Off-season signings

MUNCHEN - The defending champions FC Bayern Munchen went into the summer off-season trying to strengthen the depth of the squad. Having spent over $100 million in the summer of 2023, it was widely expected that spending would be cutback, and as expected spending was more or less even. However, that did not stop the club and manager Ricky Nakano from making a big splash in the transfer market. Here are the full player transfers this summer:

FCBayernTransfers_History-4.png

Felipe De la Vega - A $5.5 million signing from Argentine club Banfield, De la Vega isn't expected to start immediately, but he has good potential to hold the starting right back spot.

Abdul Owino - A young French striker signed from Lens, he has potential to be a good target man striker. He will spend the duration of the season honing his skills in the U19s, getting lots of playing time.

Juan Carlos Altube - Another French striker, this time from Monaco. Teammates compare him to Casado. Hopefully his new teammates are also good scouts. :D

Mahmut Yalcin - The big signing. He may not be the most technical striker out there, but in his 4 seasons with Le Mans, he scored 61 goals in 124 league appearances. At only 25 years old, he will be entering his prime and he can score goals and contribute without being the focal point of the offense. He has had a good start with 4 goals and 4 assists in 6 games, and also giving the support to Casado so he can score too. Casado currently has 8 goals and 3 assists in 5 games.

Rodrigo Adame - He returns on season long loan after failing to find a young left back as backup.

Lots of veteran players have left the club, including Thomas Muller, Holger Badstuber, and Yaroslav Rakitskyi. Strikers Ruslan Plotnikov and Nene left the club for a combined $42.25 million. Agostinho Augusto left the club on a free transfer to give him a chance at first team football and save around $800,000 in wages this season.

------

200px-UEFA_Champions_League_logo_2.svg.png

Group Stage 1 Group Stage 2

Ranked as a 2nd seed in the competition, other than a tough match-up against Manchester City, the rest of the group is straightforward with Rosenborg and Sparta Prague.

Just looking at the Euro's, I really am not looking forward to the cluster-**** that it will turn into in 2016 :(.
Give it a chance.

More teams in the competition will only dilute it. But $$$ talks and I guess there's no going back.

FC Bayern Munchen - German 1.Bundesliga - 2024-2025

Standings | Fixtures - Another fantastic season as we repeat as league champions.

UEFA Champions League - Despite a bad first game, we manage to finish 1st. We defeated Juventus again in the 1st Knockout Round, but lose out to Chelsea in the Quarters.

DFB-Pokal - A solid run in the cup competition, but we weren't up to far against Stuttgart and got knocked out in the Semi-Finals.

Supercup - A solid win here.

Transfers - Here's all the transfer activity this past season.

Felipe De la Vega - he has potential to be as good as our current starting right back. Hopefully he can get more games in next season.

Abdul Owino - He developed very well this past season. He could be ready for some games on the first team.

Juan Carlos Altube - He scored lots of goals at the U19 level but he will stay another season to get lots of experience.

Mahmut Yalcin - A great first season from the Turkish striker. 22 goals, 18 assists, in 50 games and gave the support Casado really needed to score tons of goals.

Rodrigo Adame - Solid veteran presence for the whole season.

Squad - A bit low on depth but high on talent.

GK - Ricardo Millan

DR - Berry Huizinga

DC - Tobias Sen | Rodrigo Adame

DC - Davor Kovacev

DL - Joel Ryan

MC - Ousmane Nanakasse | Amor Denden

MC - Jose Ignacio Pallares | Florian Zinnbauer

AMR - Cesar

AML - Torsten Tank

ST - Mahmut Yalcin | Sekou Diallo

ST - Ander Casado

Overview | Facilities | Finances | Affiliations

Solid base of money there, and we have the best facilities. We have been near capacity for a few years now, but we certainly don't have the money to build a new one.

Youth Products:

2023 - Manuel Peters - Will probably get a senior contract and go on loan once I find a German feeder club

2024 - Cengiz Korkut - Dubbed the next Oliver Kahn, and compared to Ricardo Millan, he's looking to be pretty good so far. Another year of development with the youth team will do wonders.

2025 - Javier Eduardo Fernandez - Touted the next Michael Rensing, and also compared to Ricardo Millan, he seems very similar to Korkut. I have no idea how to develop both of them as obviously there's only one starting GK spot, but having two good prospects at the back can only help.

Goals for Next season

• Repeat as Champions
  • And pretty much of the same next season, except a better performance in the Champions League. There are still weaknesses in the squad.

Other News

• I secretly wanted a new stadium, but the board did it without me asking them. The Hitzfeld Arena is a 91,195 capacity stadium with a retractable roof. The cost will total $512 million, with $170 million coming from selling Allianz-Arena, a loan worth $342 million, and a 5 year stadium sponsorship worth $40 million.
  • Training facilities are being upgraded after being downgraded.

Career Summary:

Overview

Year Team Country League Position Notes
2016-2017 SV Zulte Waregem Belgium Jupiler Pro League 3rd 99 league goals scored!!!
2017-2018 SV Zulte Waregem Belgium Jupiler Pro League 1st Champions!!!
2018-2019 Club Brugge KV Belgium Jupiler Pro League 1st Domestic Double
2019-2020 Club Brugge KV Belgium Jupiler Pro League 1st Undefeated Champions!!!
2020-2022 Spanish National Team
2022-2023 FC Bayern Munchen Germany 1.Bundesliga 2nd No trophies :(
2023-2024 FC Bayern Munchen Germany 1.Bundesliga 1st Domestic Double
2024-2025 FC Bayern Munchen Germany 1.Bundesliga 1st Champions!!!

Former Club Watch:

Format stolen from SRL88. :p

SV Zulte Waregem - Finished 7th after the Regular Season, and finished 2nd in their European Places group.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season | League | League Position | Notes |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2018/19 | Juliper Pro League | 4th | Cofidis Cup Finalists |
| 2019/20 | Juliper Pro League | 10th | - |
| 2020/21 | Juliper Pro League | 4th | - |
| 2021/22 | Juliper Pro League | 9th | - |
| 2022/23 | Juliper Pro League | 9th | - |
| 2023/24 | Juliper Pro League | 7th | - |
| 2024/25 | Juliper Pro League | 7th | - |[/Code]

Club Brugge KV - Finished the season 3rd in the Championship Group. They also won the Supercoupe and were the Cofidis Cup Finalists. They will enter the Europa League 4th Qualifying Round next season.

[Code]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season | League | League Position | Notes |
| 2020/21 | Juliper Pro League | 6th | - |
| 2021/22 | Juliper Pro League | 4th | - |
| 2022/23 | Juliper Pro League | 5th | - |
| 2023/24 | Juliper Pro League | 1st | - |
| 2024/25 | Juliper Pro League | 3rd | Cofidis Cup Finalists |[/Code]

[/left]

In other news, I just rejected a job offer from Manchester City. I'm going to stay and try to win a Champions League title with Bayern Munich.

Roma has also been relegated from Serie A.

EDIT #1: And West Ham is now owned by an Indian tycoon. :D

EDIT #2: In the Champions League, we lost to the winners Chelsea, who won the rare Quadruple: Premier League, Carling Cup, FA Cup, and now Champions League. So at least we lost to the best.

FC Bayern Munchen - German 1.Bundesliga - 2025-2026 Expectations

Media Prediction: 1st

TV Rights: $11.63 million

1.Bundesliga Expectations: Win it!

DFB-Pokal Expectations: Not important

UEFA Champions League Expectations: Reach Quarter-Final

Transfer Budget: $15.47 million

Wage Budget: $108 million (currently spending $79,494,856)

----

Everything staying status quo except the transfer budget. We probably will not spend a lot, or aim to even out the transfers or make a decent profit. Do note however that we already have signed a player so our transfer budget was somewhere between $25-$30 million, which is around the same as last season's expectations.

• 3 weeks later...

GTA4 (especially that LCPDFR mod!!) and real life got in the way. But I still got time for some FM12. :D

FC Bayern Munchen - German 1.Bundesliga - 2025-2026 Off-season signings

MUNCHEN - The defending champions Bayern Munchen are once again looking at a new season, and hopefully extending their league winning streak to three after the season. Ricky Nakano's squad once again underwent a makeover, and he has certainly made some shrewd signings and it's no surprise that they are the favourites to repeat as champions.

FCBayernTransfers_History-6.png

The club policy is very much signing young players to small fees and they have certainly used their resources wisely to acquire potential world class talent.

Fernando - Fernando was signed a couple years back, and has now come into form as a potential world class player. He is already dubbed a wonderkid.

Jean-Francois Roche - JF Roche is the big signing this summer. He's entering his prime at 24 after his big $28 million move from AC Milan. There are now 5 very good central midfielders at the club and it will be Nakano's task to distribute playing time among them all, although Roche had started the season with an injury.

Fredy Aldana - Aldana is a young (in goalkeeping years) 'keeper at just 27 years old, who has spent his first 3 years in his native Guatemala, before moving to Mexico, spending 1.5 years with Leon and 7.5 seasons with Santos Laguna. He will be a backup to another veteran in the Mexican league in Ricardo Millan, but he will get his share of games.

Rodrigo Adame - He rejoins the club on loan. There were other options, but the fact that he's a familiar face gives him an edge. He will be a free agent come the end of the season but whether he can join us permanently is dependent on his wage demands, as he gets a yearly paycheque of $5.25 million from Bayern and Manchester United.

Mostly released or sold this past offseason were fringe players, and a couple of my good youngsters went to new feeder club Dusseldorf in the 2.Bundesliga.

I actually had a big offer from Barca for Mahmut Yalcin, for $70 million+, but I rejected it. I don't have a suitable replacement for him and if I don't use it quickly all that money will be taken by the shareholders anyways.

------

200px-UEFA_Champions_League_logo_2.svg.png

Group Stage 1 Group Stage 2

A tough group for us compared to last season, but I think my squad has it takes if we play up to potential, like in our season and home opener.

Archived