Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good work so far. Also nice to see Swansea in second :) Both your clubs doing well!

It is quite nice to see them doing well t be honet. Last eason I was pulling my hair out watching Rafa Benitez destroy what I had built!

Good lead at the top, shame you've got to start at such a high negotiation price for Malpass, but I'm sure crushing them in the league and possibly the Carling Cup will put the odds in your favour a bit more.

I'm determined to make him mine, but I'm not going to be completely ridiculous in what I pay for him. I think the summer, when I can offload a couple of other players, is my best bet to get him.

id bid that money for him and see what swansea do with all that cash

Haha it would be interesting. Unfortunately even I don't have a budget as big as that!

malpastransfercancelled.png

Just bloody typical! They finally relented, and a fee of £70million, (£30million upfront and £40millin over 48 months with a sell on claue included), was agreed for him. A contract was agreed at a reasonable £120,000 p/w, but before it was confirmed he played for Swansea against Tottenham, and guess what? That's right, he got injured. Broken foot, out for 4-5 months!

200px-Manchester_City.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - January 2019 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesjan2019.png

pltablejan2019.png

After the crazy amount of league games in December, January was much calmer, with just three fixtures to contend. We started well againt my former club, bossing the game and winning 3-1 comfortably. Norwich gave us a stern test early on, but by half time we managed to get into a 2-0 lead, and in the second half we just saw it out, keeping possession fairly easily. We finished the month with a home game against out of orts Chelsea, and we put them to the sword. We didn't keep the ball that well, but we created the better chances and in the end ran out 3-0 winners to consolodate our ten point lead at the top of the league.

FA Cup - 3rd Round

facfixturesjan2019.png

A fairly routine win for us over the Championship side, though we did have to wait until the second half for the goals to come. However, the result was never in doubt as we dominated the whole game, with a massive 75% of the possession.

In the 4th round we face a trip to Everton.

January 2019 Continued

League Cup - Semi Final

lcfixturesjan2019.png

Another League Cup Final for me, as we ran out 5-3 winners on aggregate. We were fantastic in the first leg, winning despite going down to ten men after just thirteen minutes when skipper Vincent Kompany was red carded. However, the team were excellent, and we the 3-1 win outstanding. The second leg was sloppy, as we twice let a lead slip. Not good enough, but we still went through.

In the final we don't face former club Swansea, as Championhip side Aston Villa beat them 2-1 on aggregate!

Transfer Activity

A couple of bits of transfer activity in January, as young Nigerian forward Nduka Agu joined from Hajduk Split for £1.6million, and was then immediately loaned out to Dinamo Zagreb as he needs to assatain a work permit.

Also this month third choice goalkeeper Asier Riesgo left the club, requeting a contract termination, which cost the club £120,000.

malpastransfercancelled.png

Just bloody typical! They finally relented, and a fee of £70million, (£30million upfront and £40millin over 48 months with a sell on claue included), was agreed for him. A contract was agreed at a reasonable £120,000 p/w, but before it was confirmed he played for Swansea against Tottenham, and guess what? That's right, he got injured. Broken foot, out for 4-5 months!

I occasionally get that with players who would be amazing, so annoying.

Hope not, even for strong player like that its a bit more than I probably would spend.

I agree to be honest. But having worked with already, I know what he can do. So I don't really see it as a gamble. And also £40million of it will be sprread over 48 months.

Thomas Lewis' Career - February 2019 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesfeb2019.png

pltablefeb2019.png

Started the month poorly with defeat at Liverpool, a game in which we were awful. However, we bounced back we three wins from three, keeping cleansheets in all three games. We were brilliantly against Wolves, dominating with a mamouth 75% of the possession! The Southampton game was as comfortable as can be, and then came Spurs away. We were resillient here, battling away at keeping Spurs out. On the stroke of halftime Nestor Schmidt got into the box and put us ahead, and despite good pressure from Spurs in the second period, we held on and kept our ten point lead, (could be seven if United win their game in hand it willbe seven though), in tact.

FA Cup 4th And 5th Rounds

facfixturesfeb2019.png

Great credit to Everton in the tie at Goodison, we were fortunate to escape with a draw. In the replay though we put them to the sword, securing a simple 3-0 win. In the fifth round we were awful, and Bristol City were lucky not to get a draw or maybe even better. Still, we got the win, and in the quarer finals we face Fulham at the Etihad.

400gamemilestoneb.png

400 up! :cool:

How fitting that I reach such a milestone in a competition I have won four times. If we win, it will be a fifth victory in six competitions for me personally, the only one I didn't win in that sequence was when I wasn't managing a club side in the 2017/18 season.

Thomas Lewis' Career - 2018/19 - Manchester City

League Cup Final

How We Got To The Final

lcruntofinal201819.png

A fairly tough run to the final really. Middlesbrough and Watford were both tricky to overcoma, and we may have faced Liverpool and United at home, but they were both difficult games. In the semi final Bolton, in the second leg, gave a very good performance aswell.

The Final

vs.Aston Villa

lcfinal2019.png

Another Leagu Cup win for me, and the clubs first since 1976. We didn't start very well, and fairly deservedly Villa went ahead. That seemed to give the players a bit of a kick up the bum as we totally took control after that. Cavani was outstanding, and was fittingly given the man of the match award.

Hopefully this trophy is the first of many.

Yet another League Cup. Well done.

Cheers dude. I do love the League Cup :D

How long are you planning to stay at city?

I'm not sure. I think if I add the league and FA Cup this season to the League Cup I've already won, then I'll just stay next term for a crack at the Champions League. I only signed a three contract when I joined, and I don't see myself staying beyond that. The fact that I have signed Malpass though may lead me to a rethink.

Bascially I'm rambling on and I don't know. :confused:

Thomas Lewis' Career - March 2019 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesmar2019.png

pltablemar2019.png

Very weird month; awful at home, brilliant away. We absolutely battered Birmingham, having 63% of the possession, and 23 attempts to six. Yet they took their chance, and we didn't. I was annoyed, but they were superb defensively. We bounced back though with a great win at Watford, before another frustrating home game against Newcastle. Again we bossed it, but never killed the game off, and they equalised in the last minute - a former player of mine, John Fleck, scored it! We finished the month with a good win at Hull, and still have a healthy lead at the top of the table.

FA Cup - Quarter Final

facfixturemar2019.png

Odd game, swinging one way and the other. However, Cavani's excellent form continued as he banged in a hattrick so we weren't embarrassed, and we eventually saw them off to get through to the semi finals, where we face Blackburn.

Nice on finally getting Malpass! That's got to be up there with the highest transfer payments ever :)

Just econd behind Ronaldo's £80million move to Real Madrid.

If you dont win the league I will be left very disappointed in you as a Manager.

So will I!!

Title is within reach and you've won your speciality of the league cup.Well played Sir :thup:

Thank you, kind Sir!

There are two things wrong with what happened to Malpass.

1) In real life, Swansea would never have played him knowing he's about to agree a big money move away.

2) Failed his medical?! He's broken his foot! Why bother with a medical? I could imagine the club doctor: "Good weight, reflexes seem sharp, strong leg muscles, heart scan all okay. Wait... that's... that's a limp! Better get that checked out."

Ten pages now and going strong. That's what I like to see, even if it is with Man City.

There are two things wrong with what happened to Malpass.

1) In real life, Swansea would never have played him knowing he's about to agree a big money move away.

2) Failed his medical?! He's broken his foot! Why bother with a medical? I could imagine the club doctor: "Good weight, reflexes seem sharp, strong leg muscles, heart scan all okay. Wait... that's... that's a limp! Better get that checked out."

Ten pages now and going strong. That's what I like to see, even if it is with Man City.

I'm just glad he's going to be mine!!

And yeah, being Manchester City and doing so well is a bit of a kick in the teeth conidering who I support, but it was a good career move.

Thomas Lewis' Career - April 2019 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesapr2019.png

pltableapr2019.png

A very good month for us has put us on the brink of the title, needing just one point from our final three games.

We started off the month excellently with two cracking home wins with the South Americans getting amongst the goals. Away at Fulham we had it a bit tougher, and it took us until the 57th minute to get the break through. Just ten minutes later though Pavel Mamaev was red carded, and Fulham had a good spell which we defended well. In the 86th minute we wraped it up though, giving us a good 2-0 away win. We then had the Manchester derby to contest, and the draw was a fair result. We took the lead late on, but they equalised even later, and 1-1 is how it ended. A draw away against one of the other top four can never be frowned upon, especially when it extends your lead at the top to nine points!

FA Cup - Semi Final

facfixturesapr2019.png

It may not look great as we only went through on penalties, but we totally dominated them. Our finishing wan't up to scratch though, and that was the only reason that prevented us from hammering them. Still, we got through penalties, and that's the main thing.

In the final we face another Championship side, this time West Ham.

What happened to Terry Connor in your save? In mine, he guided Wolves to 9th, then replaced Moyes at Everton (Moyes was sacked for finishing 14th and then replaced Connor at Wolves.) After finishing 8th with Everton, Connor got the England job!

And people were worried about Hodgson...

What happened to Terry Connor in your save? In mine, he guided Wolves to 9th, then replaced Moyes at Everton (Moyes was sacked for finishing 14th and then replaced Connor at Wolves.) After finishing 8th with Everton, Connor got the England job!

And people were worried about Hodgson...

I started my save before the latest patch, so Terry Connor was never manager of Wolves.

Thomas Lewis' Career - 2018/19 - Manchester City

FA Cup Final

How We Got To The Final

facupruntofinalmay2019.png

Some decent reults along the way, including the fourth round replay against Everton, and the quarter final victory at Fulham. Edinson Cavani was influential along the way, scoring five goals.

The Final

vs.West Ham United

facupfinalmay2019.png

If the scoreline doesn't suggest it, the poession stat certainly does - we totally controlled this game. After we scored after jut fourteen minutes, there was only one winner. They may have mutered ten attempts, but mot of those were from long range, and they only forced Joe Hart into a save once. The third of a dometic treble - superb.

Thomas Lewis' Career - May 2019 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesmay2019.png

pltablefinalandmay2019.png

A very good final month, with three wins from three. With the title already wrapped up thanks to Arsenal's defeat to Liverpool, the West Brom game was party time for the supporters and we didn't disappoint. We followed that up with a see-saw fixture at Arsenal. We lead twice but they pegged us back, but in the 89th minute Vincent Kompany won it! The season finished at home to QPR, and we seemed to be already on our holidays, though we still took the points.

FA Cup - Final

facfixturemay2019.png

We should have won by more, but it was as comfortable as can be. Excellent dominating performance, that rounded off the domestic treble.

fwawinnerneymar201819.png

Excellent debut season from the Brazilian.

pfapotyaguero201819.png

He may be thirty now, but he's still producing top quality performances.

goldenglovewinnerhart20.png

The third time I have a had a player take this award. The previous two were won by Michel Vorm during my time at Swansea.

pfateamoftheyear201819.png

A good showing in the PFA Team Of The Year. If you are wondering why Neymar and Cavani are in wide midfield positions, it is because they play AML/AMR positions for me.

Archived