Total Football: Tic-Tac Magick (The return: Part 2)

Which tactic do you prefer?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Which tactic do you prefer?

• Original (17/01/2012)
    • Tweaked (23/01/2012)
    • New (26/01/2012)

Thanks for the advice but I think I'm still going to retrain Rooney to MC as I'm a big fan of Hernández IRL so I really like using him in the starting 11 and plus he seems a goal machine in this game going by my 1st season in charge and by looking at other people's experiences with him.

Ok no probs. Let me know how you get on might even try it myself. But I do agree Chico is a goal machine. Good luck!

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you, I wish Bristol City could do it for real.. haha

I'm not sure how I'll do in the Champions League. I will undoubtedly have an incredibly hard group so probably will be aiming for 3rd place and a Europa League spot.

Of course I will post the screenshots here when I finish my season. WATCH THIS SPACE!

PLEASE GIVE LINK OF your tactic please

i will play with villa

thanks

Started a new game on this laptop using the tweaked version of the tactic. Playing a pre-season friendly, browsing the sats when I came across the worst shot I've ever witnessed in FM...

wtfqm.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

***BTW***

If you're experiencing too many long shots, put the two wide players (AML & AMR) onto Long Shots Rarely.

Started a new game on this laptop using the tweaked version of the tactic. Playing a pre-season friendly, browsing the sats when I came across the worst shot I've ever witnessed in FM...

wtfqm.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lmao! That is bizarre :lol:

***BTW***

If you're experiencing too many long shots, put the two wide players (AML & AMR) onto Long Shots Rarely.

Lmao that is bizarre! :lol:

Haha...I know :p

Having much nicer play in and around the box with the AML & AMR set to Long Shots Rarely.

It makes more sense tbh anyway because it's a Barca style tactic.

What would you say the roles are in your tactic if it was made in the TC?

FBR/L - Fullback Support, CBR/L - Central Defender - Defend. MC - BWM, MCR - DLP, MCL - AP, AML/AMR - IF'S, STC - Poacher.

I'm guessing that's what it would be?

Having much nicer play in and around the box with the AML & AMR set to Long Shots Rarely.

I have to agree, all of the tweaks are working brilliantly. I'm worried that any more tweaks and we'll have a diablo on our hands!!

I've just started my new season with bcfc, won the community shield then got a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford first game of the season!! CHAMPIONS LEAGUE HERE WE COME!!

@ The one and only and drtick - did you use the tweaked version or the original?

They're both successful, but the tweaks do make a difference. I'm currently using the updated version

By the way as previously hinted I've had an impressive start to the season so thought I'd post a little quick teaser screenshot!

Results

My Champions League group is Sevilla, Bayern Munich and Sporting Lisbon!! But a lovely start to it..

Sevilla AWAY

They're both successful, but the tweaks do make a difference. I'm currently using the updated version

By the way as previously hinted I've had an impressive start to the season so thought I'd post a little quick teaser screenshot!

Results

My Champions League group is Sevilla, Bayern Munich and Sporting Lisbon!! But a lovely start to it..

Sevilla AWAY

Great start :thup:

Do you use any of your own tweaks or use the tactic as it is?

is anybody else finding that when there player gets to the byline they just seem to stand there waiting to get tackled?

they never pass it back to one of the deep midfielders or try and dribble into the box more.

I am also finding too many long range efforts at times. think slowing the tempo might help.

is anybody else finding that when there player gets to the byline they just seem to stand there waiting to get tackled?

they never pass it back to one of the deep midfielders or try and dribble into the box more.

I am also finding too many long range efforts at times. think slowing the tempo might help.

Ah really? That's not good.

That's one of the big factors in whether I use a tactic or not, that's why I have decided to look for a new tactic to use as the last tactic I used, the wingers acted like this too. I was hoping they wouldn't act like that in this tactic :(

Anyone experienced this yet? I haven't tried it yet but this has put me off a bit.

usually time waste plays an important role. if you play with very low time wasting, you will often see your wingers running down the line and immediately cross, which will often lead to useless balls, since there is badly someone waiting in the box, as the wingers just too quick, but if you play with a bit time wasting, they will just stay and wait to get tackled, as you described. maybe setting crosses to often might help :D

I'm using the tweaked version that is posted.. I had made those tweaks anyway before Magick posted the updated tactic and they were working well for me and others which is what led him to re-post the tactic

I meant on top of using the tweaked version, have you tweaked it in anyway apart from those?

I'm finding a lack of movement from players off the ball, needless passes when better options are on, the wingers not crossing when they are in loads of space on the wing - they'd rather hold on to it and get tackled or hit the ball at the opposition defender, the Striker makes no runs into space when there is plenty of opportunity, players not passing on the odd occasion a player does make a run.

Solid defensively and lots of possession, just not enough penetration or killer instinct/direct play. How can this be tweaked without ruining the tactic?

Hapoel Petach-Tikva in Isreal, fully fluid. Made some shrewd signings. I don't expect them to be playing like Barca, I just think it's a mix of lack of ability and possibly too slower tempo. I'm gonna put STR on forward runs to normal with less time wasting for the team.

Hapoel Petach-Tikva in Isreal, fully fluid. Made some shrewd signings. I don't expect them to be playing like Barca, I just think it's a mix of lack of ability and possibly too slower tempo. I'm gonna put STR on forward runs to normal with less time wasting for the team.

Yeah. This tactic relies on heavy amounts of Creative Freedom without giving players specific instructions.i.e. Through Balls, Run with Ball, Cross Ball, etc, are all set to mixed. It's up to the player to decide when they implement a Through Ball or a Cross. If your players lack good mental stats - most notably Decisions and Creativity - then you'll witness that sort of play.

If you want players to take more risk, then upping the metality by 3 clicks for all players will see them try more speculative passes and more runs, but I'm guessing you'll sacrifice possession.

Cheers anyway.

The main thing this tactic lacks is Width - the players aren't spreading the opposition enough to open up the play.

I'm going to try creating a wider version of this tactic. I'm guessing I'll need to up the Passing a bit to compensate for the play being more spread. I'll go away and tinker with it and see what I find. :thup:

The main thing this tactic lacks is Width - the players aren't spreading the opposition enough to open up the play.

I'm going to try creating a wider version of this tactic. I'm guessing I'll need to up the Passing a bit to compensate for the play being more spread. I'll go away and tinker with it and see what I find. :thup:

Looking forward to it :thup:

I thought so tbh as you seem to be scoring alot.

Corner exploit was it?

No, hardly an exploit. I have corners aimed at far post with layout as follows;

3 players back

1 lurk

1 near post flick on

1 stand far post

1 attack far post

3 go forward

provides a steady stream of goals for me but don't think it's an exploit?

No, hardly an exploit. I have corners aimed at far post with layout as follows;

3 players back

1 lurk

1 near post flick on

1 stand far post

1 attack far post

3 go forward

provides a steady stream of goals for me but don't think it's an exploit?

At least it isn't the near post version I guess. How many goals does your CB get from corners a season? Does he score every game or even every 2nd game?

At least it isn't the near post version I guess. How many goals does your CB get from corners a season? Does he score every game or even every 2nd game?

Goals get shared amongst the two at the back post usually. I usually have the most goals by corners in the league but i'm usually equal with 2nd or around 2 clear :)

Ok. The biggest criticism of this tactic has been its lack of goals and goal scoring opportunities. I agree with this and have set out to make a more attacking tactic, whilst trying to maintain beautiful passing displays.

I've developed a new tactic which is more attacking, allows more creativity, increased width, less time wasting and a different shape. I'm currently giving the tactic a test and the results so far have been encouraging.

One certainty of the new tactic is that it's not for small teams and will only be effective with world class teams (This is an educated guess - I would be shocked if it did actually work with small teams). My goal is to create beautiful football - not a tactic which will take a team from the lowest division possible to the heights of Champions League football within 4 seasons :p

Anything is possible in Europe - kind of! I managed to win Champions League with Swansea at the first attempt using fusstidious tactic overcoming a 5-1 first leg deficit to Barcelona

Due to the short life of the tactic I am now searching for a new one and I have arrived here!

Now onwards to 2016-17

@dibbo79: Haha...

I played Real Madrid with the tweaked tactic in the Super Cup. Lost 4-0 away from home - which I still believe was a shocking result as we dominated chances and possession. The return leg at home we won 4-0 and took it all the way to penalties. It finished 9-8 to Real on penalties, with Iker scoring the winner and Valdes missing.

I was left speachless after witnessing a true El Clásico.

P.S. I thought Real were unlucky tonight. Sick Messi throughball after being surrounded by 4 Real players...and what can you say about Alves goal?? :applause:

Haha, speechless indeed. Very exciting match. My heart still hasn't settled down..

How's it going with your new offensive tweaks? I'm going to be up all night and wouldn't mind having your updated tactic to toy around with a lil' bit! :o

@Gee: Yep, it's a 4-2-3-1. The possession hasn't actually dropped at all, which surprised me. It's averaging in the high 60s/low 70s. The Playmaker seems to be getting more passes too, but more importantly, more key passes :p I think it's because he is surrounded by passing options - DCL, DCR, DR, MCL, AMC, AMR, STC

SFraser was and still is a legend. I've been reading his topics for years :D Seemed only right to attribute credit to him

@Gee: Yep, it's a 4-2-3-1. The possession hasn't actually dropped at all, which surprised me. It's averaging in the high 60s/low 70s. The Playmaker seems to be getting more passes too, but more importantly, more key passes :p I think it's because he is surrounded by passing options - DCL, DCR, DR, MCL, AMC, AMR, STC

SFraser was and still is a legend. I've been reading his topics for years :D Seemed only right to attribute credit to him

Good to hear regarding the possession :thup: I'm guessing the midfield roles are the same but now MCL in old version been moved to AMC, MC in old version moved to MCL and MCR unchanged. Is the MCL (old MC) still a defensive minded player in this one yeah?

Archived