I'm Just Flamers From The Bloc.

Flamers

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

zen.png

A Revival in Leningrad

Squad | Results 1 | Results 2 | League Table

Our squad is good, well I say squad I mean my first 11. I have two main tactics that I use, the 4-4-2 and 4-4-2 narrow diamond this means that I can vary my players and playing styles. As you can see I only have 1 good winger each side this means that if one is suspended or injured then I play narrow. We are slightly more effective if we play 4-4-2 flat but we can still win.

We have managed to play effectively and sit on an 18 game unbeaten streak with our last loss to Anji in September! Even with this we have drawn too many games and see ourselves sitting in 3rd, still within touching distance and keeping the pressure up. However in Europe we have been playing very well, starting in the 2nd Qualifying round has meant that we have had extra games compared to other teams however it doesn't mean that we won;t try for the title. I think that we would be the lowest starting round to win the title if we do! However it hasn't gone unnoticed, rivals Lokomotiv Moscow offered me a job! Although its more money I couldn't take a job at a rival.

Transfers | Board Overview

Losing a little money but hopefully cup success will count act it. The chairman also seems to be willing to invest money this season which is a nice change!

eng.png

Kings and Queens of the World

Results 1 | Results 2 | World Cup European Qualifying Section Group 6

After our European Championship win we went into qualifying for the World Cup and overall have done well, a draw against the Ukraine wasn't great but we made up for it by beating Holland for the second time in 6 months!

zen.png

Domestic Domination

Squad | Tactics

The good players on our team are very easy to see and were key to our success. The tactics are still two fold, the 4-4-2 flat I prefer using as this is a tactic I have honed over 10 seasons now.

Russian Premier Division Results | Russian Cup Results | Friendly Results | League Table |EURO Cup Results

Domestically we played well, it was close at the end but we managed to push up and take the title with 1 game to spare! We managed to play well all season, going on an 29 game unbeaten streak! In the Russian Cup we had a tough quarter and semi final, beating the top two teams in the country, CSKA Moscow and Anji on our way to the final with who other than Lokomotiv Moscow! After dominating the game we ran out 2-0 winners and therefore claiming the domestic double!

Starting early in the EURO Cup was in the end our downfall, we managed to battle our way from the Second Qualifying round to the Quarter final! We played well in the home leg, winning 2-0 against Juventus but when we travelled to Italy the tables were reversed, having a couple of players suspended and some out injured caused us to lose 4-1. We played terribly, I have to say we were completely out played in all areas and deserved to lose, maybe not by 3 goals but we did.

We made a few more transfers, I am trying to bring in some younger players to improve the squad long term. We now are getting money from our chairman but this seems to be sporadic and unpredictable so I don't have much faith in the fact it will happen for a long time.

eng.png

Vital Results

Results | World Cup European Qualifying Section Group 6

Our first loss sent us out of the Confederations Cup. We had played terribly in the two previous games and Walcott and Wickham getting injured before half time didn't help matters! Other than that we are doing well, on course to qualify for the World Cup and winning msot games.

Ten Seasons In The East

After 10 seasons travelling around the East of Europe I will now look at how the clubs and countries that I have visited have faired since my departure.

SKA Khabarovsk

The seasons that I were well we managed to get promoted, after this I left when they decided to slash my budgets. This I was not standing for it and clearly the next manager struggled with the budgets he was set. The season that they had in the Premier League didn't go well, finishing 15th out of 16 and going straight back down. Then there next season, back in the First Division saw them go down again, finishing 19th out of 20! Since then they have spent time as a yo-yo club at the bottom of the First Division. Overall they have done badly, going backwards since I lead them to the Premier League.

Metalurg D

Metalurg haven't done badly since I was there, they have finished in the top 5 in all seasons except the one where I left when they finished 6th. Overall a very respectable good done by the second manager after me, who arrived in 2016, he has made a good squad and can keep up with the pace of the league. I hope to one day come back the the Ukraine and take the title with either Metalurg or another club.

Slovakia

Slovakia haven't really progressed much since I left, I left them in about 90th and they are only 77th now. Never really getting much higher than they are now.

Trnava

Winning the league the season I left and in 2020 are defiantly the highlights but they have been in the top 3 ever since I left and are financially set for several years to come. I do wish them all the best. The AI sold off part of the squad but I knew it would have been hard to keep, however they have invested in some good talent and stand a good chance.

Legia

What a club, it was a tough choice to leave and 2 titles in 2 seasons shows you how good the squad I built was. They have, to my relief, hardly sold a player which means that they should go on and be successful in the future.

zen.png

Defending Our Advantage

Board Expectations | Media Expectations

Sorry for the slip up on the expectations, I forgot to take the screenshot. Basically it was the same as last season and I choose the lowest possible. The media see me doing well after dominating the domestic season last year.

Squad

STarting to grow with new young talent coming in from abroad.

We have only called in one transfer so far this season, a young Brazilian keeper from Gremio, at 18 he still has a long way but being the starting choice at such a young age will help him reach the top of his game. The chairman still gives us our pocket money so we are doing well now.

eng.png

Unexpected Circumstances

312.png

Third loss in 3 seasons and not getting out of the groups of a pointless competition is clearly enough to be sacked! I did only win the Euros... Of course I applied for the job I was sacked from :D

zen.png

Solid Footings

Squad | Results | League Table

Our start to the campaign couldn't have gone much better, we are free scoring and normally winning those games. We have just passed 20 consecutive competitive games in which we have scored and I hope there are many more to come! We sit at the top of the table with CSKA, if we had managed to beat Rostov we would be clear but they is still a long way to go yet!

We also managed a 2-0 win over Anji to left out first piece of silverware this season, the Russian Super Cup.

We spent a fair chunk of money this year but as you can see from how we started the season it was worth it. This has mainly been funded from slashing our wage big.

zen.png

Sunny Side Of The Street

Squad | Results 1 | Results 2 | League Table

All of those who doubted us last season are being shown up now, top of the league and we already can't finish last! We have been nearly unstoppable this season only a loss to CSKA during the toughest run of games we could have has closed the gap. Anything other than top 2 would be dreadful now, we are 10 points clear of CSKA in 3rd and Anji are proving money doesn't buy you titles.

In Europe we have done well, playing our effective brand of counter attacking football. Soaking up pressure for 60 minutes, wearing hem out only to break and score 2 or 3. Man City found this out to there detriment when they came to visit us and I hope to do the same again.

We are finally nearly financially viable, we have made a profit on transfers, Knights loan helping a lot, but we are still about breaking even for this season.

zen.png

All Or Nothing

Squad | Tactics

We now have some incredible youths that we have picked up from around the globe, the game describes Brkic, Chorao and Rebolledo as wonderkids and its clear to see why! The tactic is the one I often use in Europe and I have been using more often in the later stages.

Russian Premier Division Results | Russian Super Cup | Russian Cup Results | Friendly Results | League Table | League Position Graph | Champions League Results

Domestic annihilation started early, a 2-0 win over Anji got the club its first Russian Super cup in a decade! We then went on to go and play well in the league, we were rarely off the top and more oftne than not this was due to us having games in hand rather than dropping points. Spartak kept us honest all year long but there was no fear of losing a Champions League place really. Our tight defence became noticeably worse when Ouattara left to PSG in January, I couldn't find a player of the same standard so I brought in wonderkid Rebolledo to try and fill the hole. It helped a little but in his second season I can see him achieving far more.

In the Russian cup is was fairly simple until the final. It saw us come up against perennial challengers CSKA Moscow, after beating them in the quarter final last season 6-0 I thought that we stood a good chance. My pre match thoughts were justified when just half an hour in we saw ourselves 2-0 up. However the CSKA manager, who has been there for 13 years, knew his players better than I did and they pulled it back to 2-2 by the 76th minute. This saw the game head into extra time, a good team talk and some clever substitutions saw us score the winner in the 119th minute. Seeing us take our third piece of silverware, and second in two weeks!

The Champions League, what a challenge, our group wasn't easy but somehow through Utd beating Valencia twice we managed to qualify. In the next round we drew Man City however, like Anji, they were out to prove that money doesn't buy you success and promptly let us win 4-2, fairly comfortably in the end. Then the next, Barcelona, away we were dreadful, our defence was disjointed and we couldn't even have a shot, let alone on target. However at home and with the fans support, and several players back from suspension, we managed to work as a unit and as Barce pushed forward we would counter them, we were only 2-0 up at half time but clearly Villas-Boas told them to push on and attack. The worst thing you can do to my side, this left acres of room for us to counter into and made Barce look rather amateur. The semi final saw us head back to Old Trafford to play Manchester United for the 3rd and 4th time in this years competition, after an aggregate score of 6-2 in the groups stages to us I was fairly confident we could deliver and our 9-2 win showed this. After having defeated two of the biggest sides in English football there was only one team we could meet in the final. Chelsea.

The game started badly for us, going 1-0 down 36 minutes in after a wonderful freekick from Sigurosson. Unlike my previous Champions League matches where I have been down at the break I managed to rally the troops and it show us put 3 past Chelsea in the second half. Leading us to our fourth trophy of the season!

No more transfers. However the Champions league money and new £17.75m sponsor has done wonders for the finances and we are now classed as "rich". "Insecure" to "Rich" in 3 seasons, not bad!

Very impressive Flamers. Congratulations! :)

Loving that awesome defensive record. Amazing Champions League run too.

'The board feel that you are doing an unbelievable job and putting a smile on the face of every supporter'. Awesome! :cool:

How about a couple of screenies of your best players please? :p

Well I won everything I was part of so I would hope they were happy... :D

Considering people are bitching about the defensive state of the ME I thought I would produce a tactic that doesn't concede :p

No problem Crouchy! I should do them more often but I can't be bother doing the whole squad :p

Thanks Tactic Master! I was surprised that Bauress was transfer listed by Man City! I jumped at the change to get him, having to use 12 months pay off to get him!

zen.png

A Question Of Faith

Board Expectations | Media Expectations

The board expect us to qualify for the Champions League again which should be easy enough to do. With the media predicting us to finish second behind Anji, for some strange reason, the Champions League is on the cards. However the true question is do I want to stay here. The club has a wonderful foundation but I feel like I want to move to a new club and a new challenge.

Squad

Keeping the wage budget just under £600,000 p/w has been key and bringing in young players with bags of potential has helped our success.

One transfer sees a young Nigerian defender join our ranks, how many games he gets to play is yet to be seen. Plenty of money and a stable job.

This offer came in from the World Cup runners up:

344.png

Note the Argentina story, they lost to France in the Quarter Finals and I am "World Class".

I have also applied for Brazil, France (World Cup winners) and England.

This offer came in from the World Cup runners up:

344.png

Note the Argentina story, they lost to France in the Quarter Finals and I am "World Class".

I have also applied for Brazil, France (World Cup winners) and England.

I say take the Spain job! It's a bit strange how Argentina would just laugh off the interest :confused:

It could well be a rep bug as I tried before after I was sacked as England manager and they laughed off me as Continental... I wish I could wait a week as if Brazil comes up I would probably prefer that...

spa.png

Hola España

Acceptance | Expectations

I accepted the job as Spain manager in the end. Having two of the best youth systems in the world, Barcelona and Real Madrid at my disposal helped me make my decision. My first match is against Cyprus so its a nice easy start to my job, following this are Ecuador and U.S.A.

zen.png

The Weight Of Europe

Squad | Results | League Table

Oh hello dominant start to the season! 10 games played, 10 games won, 2 cups won, 5 goals conceded and 34 scored. It has been a cracking start to our campaign as newly crowned champions of Europe, not only do we have our Champions League title but we also have our European Super Cup to show off! Already 2 points clear at the top of the Russian Premier league with only 4 games gone shows you how good our squad is becoming. Still a little bit short on the wingers but slowly more are coming, its jsut a case of finding good youths who won't mind spending some time on the bench.

Not a huge spend this season, especially with how much money we got from winning the quadruple last season. The board couldn't ask for much more for the start to the season.

Archived