Pharaohs? Great, I’ve always wanted to go to Egypt! Eh,... what other Pharaohs??

Scribe

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congratulations on beating Tottenham, i guess that Redknapp is still not taking the Europa League seriously :D

Very unlucky against Kobenhavn :(

Spurs actually played a full-strength side :D. We were helped hugely by their whole team having poor morale though.

0hQia.png

FC Hoyvik

Mid-Season 2023/24

After the heart-breaking last minute defeat to Kobenhavn in the Champions League qualifiers, I just wanted to regroup and get over it quickly. However, we had a very tough Europa League qualifier against Rubin almost immediately afterwards. The Russians have some exceptional players, such as Alexis Alvarez and Jose Pierre Joaquim, so on that basis I knew our chances were very slim.

In the first leg we played reasonably well, but I knew that our narrow 3-2 defeat meant our chances of turning it around in the second leg were virtually nil. Unfortunately, that proved to be the case and the 4-0 mauling we received meant Europe was over for another season.

It was a bit of a disappointment not to reach last season’s highs, but it was understandable based on the quality of opposition we faced this year.

Results - League Table League Graph

Our domestic perfofmances have been wholly acceptable so far. We have the Super Cup in the bag and look good for the league title again.

We have been suffering more injuries than normal this season and I don’t really know why; perhaps it is the impact of the new patch, or maybe we have just been unlucky. That means that a lot of the players that are normally mainstays in the team have been missing and that has giving guys like Petur Petersen (YP147) a chance to show what they can do.

In other news, our training ground improvements were completed, although I was a little disappointed that the £1.1m spent only upgraded them to an adequate level. There is obviously still a lot more investment required there.

0hQia.png

FC Hoyvik

Youth Intake Day 2023/24

WvW8F.jpg

Quite a reasonable intake, but we are still missing that elusive GK.

Of those players that came through, my assistant thinks that Andre Thomsen (YP155) has the most talent, but personally I think Hogni Joensen (YP156) looks a much better prospect.

Thomsen is never going to displace our current striker Petur Jacobsen (YP133), so I will retrain him to an AMC to give him more chance of playing. Joensen on the other hand looks like his set piece ability could be a real asset, but I will have a tough time justifying dropping any of my first choice trio from that position, i.e. Hallur Petersen (YP82), Bjarki Djuhuus (YP97) and Eydun Lakjuni (YP122). On paper, Petersen would be the one to go, but he's been quite phenomenal for a number of seasons now.

0hQia.png

FC Hoyvik

Post-Season 2023/24

Domestic Results - League Table League Graph European Results

We had almost an identical league record to that of last year and it was more than enough to cruise to a 7th title in a row. It was joined by our 7th Super Cup victory and our 8th cup victory. The domestic front has been sewn up for quite some time and the numbers continue to support that statement.

Europe was this year’s obvious disappointment, but I don’t want to be too hard on the team. So long as we continue to improve our coeffiecient we should hopefully begin to get an easier draw like last year rather than the difficult teams we faced this season.

Board Expectations

Vodafonedeildin: Win it Achieved

Løgmanssteypið (the cup): Not bothered Achieved

Faroese Super Cup: Win it Achieved

UEFA Champions League: Learn from the experience Achieved

UEFA Europa League: Learn from the experience Achieved

Key Players

Top Scorer: Petur Jacobsen (YP133) – Jacobsen equalled his goals tally of 38 from last season, but was disappointing when it really mattered, i.e. in Europe, where he failed to hit the net.

Most Assists: Eydun Lakjuni (YP122) – Lakjuni is another that excelled domestically, but struggled in Europe.

Manager’s Player of the Year: Martin Joensen (YP143) – Joensen has definitely been our best player this season, even if the stats don’t show it. French side Metz recently showed an interest in signing him, so that shows his quality.

**NEW AWARD** Most Improved Player of the Year: Jakup Hansen (YP151) – I’ve started this award because now our new training facilites may allow players to actually improve! Hansen embodies that and all the work on his pace we’ve been doing has paid dividends.

Fans’ Player of the Year: Petur Jacobsen (YP133)

Next Season

Our success next season could simply come down to whether we are seeded for the Champions League 3rd Qualifying round. If we are, we have a great chance to reach the group stages of either the CL or EL. Otherwise, we will be hard pushed to do so.

lmgbz.gif

Faroe Watch 2024/25

[*] National team World Ranking: 194th - Down 14 places

[*] UEFA coefficient: 44th place – Up 1 place

[*] UEFA qualification places: 1 Champions League, 3 Europa League - no change

[*] League Rankings: Vodafonedeildin 179th - Up 37 places (1 star – no change)

[*] Biggest club: HB (1 star) - no change

[*] Hoyvik reputation: 1 star - no change

[*] Hoyvik European ranking: 217th – Up 50 places

[*] Hoyvik club value: £1.6m – Down £300k

[*] Hoyvik title odds: 4/6 – no change

Achievements Completed

• Top 250 European club ranking Achieved 2024/25

0hQia.png

FC Hoyvik

Pre-Season 2024/25

Champions League

The second qualifying round draw was kind to us this season; we were drawn against a pretty weak Crusaders team from Northern Ireland. The outcome was no less than I expected and we easily brushed them aside in the first leg, before sealing the deal at home.

Unfortunately we were not seeded for the third qualifying round draw, so I feared the worst. We were drawn against Dinamo of Croatia and, whilst it wasn’t the easiest draw, it also wasn’t the worst. I was fairly satisfied that we could give them a tougher game than they might be expecting, but at the same time we needed to make sure we didn’t underestimate them either.

In all honesty, we got an absolute kicking in the first leg and were hugely lucky to come away with a goalless draw. This was clearly going to be a lot more difficult than I thought, but equally I knew that the most difficult part (the away leg) was behind us.

So, all we needed to do in the second leg was win the match, but as usual we didn’t want to take the easy route. We dominated the early stages, only to miss a penalty. Then, when we finally took the lead, we allowed them to peg us back just before halftime. At one goal a piece we would head out on away goals for the second year in a row. Thankfully, Petur Jacobsen (YP133) managed to nod us in front and into an aggregate lead, but there was still plenty of time remaining. However, try as they might they couldn’t even get the ball off us and we held on to record a famous victory.

That fabulous result guarantees us Europa League group stage football at least and all the cash that comes with it. Firstly though, we will have a playoff match against Greek champions Olympiakos to see if we can remain in the Champions League. It will certainly be tough, but we are playing well, so why not??

Board Expectations

Vodafonedeildin: Win it

Løgmanssteypið (the cup): Not bothered

Faroese Super Cup: Win it

UEFA Champions League: Learn from the experience

Finances

I’d say our current financial state is comfortable and that is before we have even received any European prize money. Last time around that was in the region of £2m, so assuming we get that again, I will try to convince the board to invest it in our training ground again, or even go full-time.

Season tickets sales were… *drumroll*… 28. Anyone else beginning to wonder if that is bugged? :D

Squad

I need to trim the squad a little bit because its size is sneaking up again. Quite a few guys are out of contract at the end of the season so I expect a bit of a clearout then.

The goalkeeping position remains by far our weakest. Martin Jacobsen (YP140) is our latest incumbent, but he doesn’t fill me with confidence. We used to have a bit of a problem at fullback, but Eydun Rasmussen (YP123) has been retrained as a good leftback with Heini Joensen (YP152) progressing well at rightback.

As for other positions, I’ve probably gone into them enough in the past but might cover them in some more detail next season. If there is anyone you think I haven’t shown you enough of then let me know.

Cheers guys!

0hQia.png

FC Hoyvik

European Update 2024/25

As I said, we were to face Greek champions Olympiacos in the playoff to qualify for the Champions League group stage. As I’m fairly tired of pointing out, all of these teams that we face have players of a much higher standard than we do. In Olympiacos’s case striker Marko Mikic was sure to cause us problems, whilst our attack would have to break down a defence containing guys like Jean-Pierre Flament.

We were at home in the first leg and were fairly well outplayed in the first half, coming in a goal down at the break. We were thrown a lifeline three minutes into the second half when they were reduced to 10 men. We soon equalised, but I knew that a draw wouldn’t be enough – we needed to take a win to Greece to have any chance. I decided to go for it and we were rewarded with another goal to go 2-1 up. Sensing blood, we continued to attack, but it backfired and with not long left, Olympiacos equalised from the penalty spot. Just when I thought the gameble hadn’t paid off we struck in the last minute of stoppage time to record another great win.

The second leg was always going to be a much more difficult affair, but by winning the first leg we gave ourselves an outside chance of pulling off a huge shock. Unfortunately, the class of the Greeks shone through in the end, beating us by three goals to nil. The early goal killed us really. We tried to get back into the game but left ourselves open at the back.

That result meant that we are back into the Europa League group stages for the second time in our history. I’m excited at the prospect and this season we will face three very tough opponents; Trabzonspor, St Etienne and Werder Bremen. The Germans are the strongest, but realistically we may struggle to avoid six defeats.

This European campaign has boosted our coffers to just over £4m; an unthinkable amount for a Faroese side. It might not last long however, as the board have planned to spend most of it on improving our training ground. Unfortunately, I’m fairly certain we won’t be able to afford it by the end of the season, but I’m glad they share my ambitions for the club.

0hQia.png

FC Hoyvik

Mid-Season 2024/25

I’m really not sure where to start this update, so I’m going begin with the bad news: our star striker Petur Jacobsen (YP133) is starting to make noises about wanting to join a bigger club. I’ve managed to persuade him otherwise for the time being, but I’m not sure we will be able to keep a hold of him for all that long. His contract only has 18 months to run and he isn’t really interested in signing an extension. I’ll have a big decision to make about him come summertime; do we cash in on him or keep him for another season?

With the bad news out of the way, I’ll now tell you about our Europa League campaign so far. On the one and only other occasion that we qualified for the group stages we managed one win and one draw, and this time I thought we had a tougher group so would gladly take that again. Our home form has been good in Europe, even against stiffer opposition, so I felt it was an achievable goal.

We started out with a tough away game against St Etienne where we fell to a narrow defeat. I thought that was a reasonable sign that we wouldn’t be disgraced in the competition, and when Trabzonspor visited us I felt this might be a game we could get something out of. We were tremendous as we claimed a fine victory.

Our next match was a much tougher prospect; away to Werder Bremen. We battled away fantastically, but with just 11 minutes remaining the Germans broke the deadlock to break our hearts. Or at least that was what I thought until Petur Jacobsen (YP133) popped up in the very last minute to snatch a vital point.

The next game was the second part of the double-header against Bremen, but this time we were at home. I was sure they would be determined to make amends and dish out the tanking that they really should have given us in the first match. However, we took the lead early on. They pegged us back just after half time, and then their defender Rodriguez scored with just 6 minutes left. Fortunately for us, it was a goal that he scored into his own net and we were victorious!

It’s been four amazing games and with just two left remaining in the group we have given ourselves a chance at the unthinkable. Here is how the table looks.

The excitement of Europe has impacted slightly on our domestic campaign. Whilst we are sitting top, we haven’t been anyway near as potent a force this season. Teams are a lot more defensive against us now and we have struggled to break them down at times. I still expect us to win the league though.

We were very lucky to retain the Super Cup this season. Jacobsen was the hero again; even going in goals for the last five minutes after our goalkeeper was red carded! He has really shown his worth over the first part of the season, particularly in Europe where he struggled so much last season.

Many thanks people :)

0hQia.png

FC Hoyvik

Youth Intake Day 2024/25

Before we get to the youth intake part of this update, I need to update you on our final Europa League group game.

The requirement was clear; in order to qualify to the knockout stage we just needed to match Werder Bremen’s result against St Etienne. We travelled to Trabzonspor with some trepidation; which Hoyvik would turn up? The one that beat Werder Bremen or the one that capitulated to St Etienne?

We started superbly and Bjarki Djuhuus (YP97) put us into a 7th minute lead. The Turks unfortunately equalised just before halftime, but with the game in France still goalless we were enroute to the knockout stages. It wasn’t to last though. Soon into the second half we went 2-1 down as news filtered through that Werder were 2-0 up; we needed a miracle. With 12 minutes left Petur Jacobsen (YP133) set up a grandstand finish with an equaliser, but we still needed one more goal.

We went for it, battering down on the Trabzonspor goal. The home side simply couldn’t live with us and with 92 minutes on the clock the ball hit the back of the net… but it was in our net. They’d hit us on the break and broken our hearts. Final score Trabzonspor 3-2 Hoyvik.

Our prayers weren’t answered in France either as Werder Bremen we victorious by two goals to one. That left us in third place in the group and, despite a valiant effort, Europe was over for another season.

Bearing in mind our performances in Europe this year I really hoped we could get a good goalkeeper in our youth intake. I think that could be the missing piece of the jigsaw. The only other position we might need would be a striker so that I could let Petur Jacobsen (YP133) leave the club in the summer and hopefully get some money for him.

D1rRt.jpg

This is probably our best intake to date and exactly what we needed; a goalkeeper AND a striker!

I will start with the striker, because my assistant thinks that Mortan Clementsen (YP162) has the most potential from this intake. He is actually very similar looking to Petur Jacobsen (YP133) when he first appeared on the scene, so I have high hopes for him.

The goalkeeper is what we’ve needed for some time though. Arni Hansen (YP163) is the man to answer our prayers. He obviously has some way to go before he reaches his peak, but I think the potential is there.

Finally, Jan Haraldsen (YP164) looks like a decent player and should add depth to the AMC position; something we need because Bjarki Djuhuus (YP97) recently broke his leg and is out for 5 months.

All-in-all, I couldn’t be happier with what we’ve got.

I’ve one last piece of interesting news to share. In the last Faroe Islands friendly match, the entire starting eleven came from our youth system; a great achievement. The club really is on the up-and-up.

Bad luck on not getting through, you certainly put up a valiant effort.

Great news about the new youth Keeper and striker. Hopefully they will turn out to be key players in the years to come.

Nice achievement with the National team, have you ever thought about becoming their manager at some point in the future?

So unlucky in Europe Scribe, shame St. Etienne couldn't do you a favour! Clemensten looks like a great striker!

Think City2000 has a good point, have you thought of taking on the national job (it would basically just be more games managing Hoyvik)? A god run could really see you shoot up the coefficients and european qualification places :thup:

EDIT: You posted while I was typing, sorry!

0hQia.png

FC Hoyvik

Post-Season 2024/25

Domestic Results - League Table League Graph European Results

This season has easily been our best to date under my management. We were fantastic in Europe and were so unfortunate not to reach the knockout stages of the Europa League.

Having said that, it was not without its shakey moments domestically. We certainly weren’t as potent an attacking force and we showed some hitherto unseen weaknesses that were exploited by other sides. For instance, our lucky Super Cup win (that I told you about in my mid-season review) was followed by a rather lucky Cup final victory where we needed extra time to come out on top.

We also dropped more points in the league than we have in recent seasons. You’ll see from the final league table that it looks a lot like the Faroes now have an extra European spot, but that may be for Fair Play (I must have missed the news item about it).

Board Expectations

Vodafonedeildin: Win it Achieved

Løgmanssteypið (the cup): Not bothered Achieved

Faroese Super Cup: Win it Achieved

UEFA Champions League: Learn from the experience Achieved

UEFA Europa League: Learn from the experience Surpassed

Key Players

Top Scorer: Petur Jacobsen (YP133) – the big striker hit 33 goals in what looks like his last season for the club. He won’t renew his contract and I don’t want to lose him for nothing so I’ll move him on in the summer. I might wait until after the Champions League qualifiers though.

Most Assists: Eydun Lakjuni (YP122) – another good season from Lakjuni.

Manager’s Player of the Year: Petur Jacobsen (YP133) – It has to go to Jacobsen; he hits so many vital goals, especially in Europe. I’ll be sorry to see him leave.

Most Improved Player of the Year: Heini Joensen (YP152) – the rightback is a much valued part of a now-solid defence.

Fans’ Player of the Year: Petur Jacobsen (YP133)

Next Season

Our goal has to be qualification for the Champions League group stages; it’s time to step up I think. We showed this season that we can match the medium sized clubs now, so I’ll be disappointed not to be at least in the Europa League again next year.

Having said that, with Jacobsen likely to move on it’s going to be extra difficult. Our new striker Mortan Clementsen (YP162) was given a bit of a chance towards the end of the season but only scored one goal in five appearances and has big boots to fill. Perhaps I should keep Jacobsen for a full season; maybe he is worth more in staying another season than the transfer fee we’d get for him? I’d be interested to hear people’s thoughts on that.

One thing that will definitely help is the news that we could afford our planned training ground improvement. There isn’t a lot left in the bank now though, so it makes European success all the more important.

lmgbz.gif

Faroe Watch 2025/26

[*] National team World Ranking: 192nd - Up 2 places

[*] UEFA coefficient: 32nd place – Up 12 places

[*] UEFA qualification places: 1 Champions League, 3 Europa League - no change

[*] League Rankings: Vodafonedeildin 165th - Up 14 places (1.5 stars – Up half a star)

[*] Biggest club: HB (1 star) - no change

[*] Hoyvik reputation: 1 star - no change

[*] Hoyvik European ranking: 144th – Up 73 places

[*] Hoyvik club value: £1.0m – Down £600k

[*] Hoyvik title odds: 4/6 – no change

There were a few big gains this season, most notably the UEFA coefficient and our European ranking, but also the fact that the league reputation went up half a star. Things are progressing nicely for club and country. The national team is still rubbish though!

0hQia.png

FC Hoyvik

Pre-Season 2025/26

Champions League

This season’s second qualifying round opponents were Irish side Bohemians. They are a side that we’d beaten a few seasons ago and I had no doubts that we could do so again. However, we found it tough going in the first leg and only managed a 2-1 win at home. That scoreline is a bit of a narrow one to take to an away leg, so I was a little worried about the outcome, but thankfully we just managed enough to see us through.

I knew we needed to improve vastly for the third qualifying round, even though this year we were seeded and were given a decent draw against MSK Zilina of Slovakia (another team we’ve beaten in the past). However, we started sloppily once again in the first leg and were soon a goal down. Thankfully, we completely turned it around and ended up winning by a comfortable margin despite the game itself being an even one. That left he second leg as a bit of a formality and we coasted through on the back of a 2-1 win.

The Champions playoff match has put us up against Dinamo; a team we beat a stage earlier last season. If there was ever a chance to make the Champions League group stages, then this is it!

Board Expectations

Vodafonedeildin: Win it

Løgmanssteypið (the cup): Not bothered

Faroese Super Cup: Win it

UEFA Champions League: Learn from the experience

Finances

Our finances have slipped a lot because of the recent incestment in our training ground. We are now guaranteed a European group stage of some description though, so I’m not at all worried.

Season tickets sales: 28. Hmph.

Squad

Perhaps the most notable change to the squad is the release of goalkeeper Johannes Lakjuni (YP116), who made 120 appearances for the club and is even the current Faroe Islands first choice goalkeeper. He barely got any matchtime over the past two seasons and with the emergence of Arni Hansen (YP163) I didn’t think it was worth giving him a new deal. Lakjuni may well be the superior keeper at this stage, but we are a club geared to the future and I feel compelled to give youth a chance where possible.

A second thing I’d like to point out at this time is the sad decline of Bjarki Djuhuus (YP97). I mentioned in passing that late last season he broke his leg. Unfortunately, and as you can see from his screenshot, he is now a shadow of the player he once was. I hope he can get back to the level he was at before, but I’m not sure he’ll ever be the same player again. That said, he has done ok in our European games so far this season, so there is hope yet.

** ADVICE REQUIRED **

Ok guys, I have a conundrum and could do with your help.

As I’ve said, Petur Jacobsen (YP133 wants to leave the club and is out of contract at the end of the season. The question is; do I try to sell him now, or let him leave for nothing at the end of the season?

As you can see, he has been a consistent goalscorer throughout his career and is obviously a key player. His only replacement would be young Mortan Clementsen (YP162).

Reasons for keeping him

• Almost guarantees goals
  • Increased chance of winning European group games
  • Might not get that much money for him
  • Backlash from fans and other players
  • Clementsen might not be ready yet

Reasons for selling him

• Might get a decent amount of cash for him
  • He is unhappy and it could have an adverse impact (I’ve promised to sell him at the end of the season)
  • It will stifle Clementsen’s development if he stays (i.e. less game time for him)
  • It just feels wrong to see a good player leave for free

So, what do you think - keep him or sell him?

I would sell him because

[*] It just feels wrong to see a good player leave for free

But if you reach CL group stage then I think better to keep him. You will get more money from wins in CL (because of his goals may be) than if you sold him.

So one says keep and the other says sell? Thanks a lot! :p

Anyway, this post may sway you...

0hQia.png

FC Hoyvik

European Update 2025/26

For the first time ever I was actually confident going into the playoff for the Champions League group stage. We’d beaten our opponents Dinamo last season and I saw no reason why we couldn’t do it again.

We were at home for the first leg and were the better team throughout. We were rewarded with a 1-0 lead to take to Zagreb for the second leg.

The last time we were in Croatia, Dinamo completely outplayed us, but we still managed a 0-0 draw. This time, it looked like they wanted revenge. They flew out of the blocks, creating chance after chance and were soon rewarded for their efforts when they took an 18th minute lead. Things looked pretty bleak for us at that point, but then the turning point came. With just 28 minutes on the clock the hosts were reduced to ten men. That gave us a chance to finally get a foothold in the game and we were soon level on the night and one up on aggregate, with that crucial away goal.

Like I’ve said before though, we just don’t like to make things easy on ourselves. As if conceding a penalty wasn't enough (they missed it anyway), we then decided to have one of our own men sent off. Thankfully we held our own after that and when they did finally score it was in the 90th minute and we were as good as through. Just to rub salt in their wounds we went right back up the other end to equalise and ensure our place in the Champions League group stage was confirmed.

I must say I’m delighted with our progress and to reach the Champions League groups is just fantastic. Even if we get horsed every game I couldn’t care less!

If I thought the windfall from the Europa League was big, then I was delighted when this piece of news came in: £6.17m!! Surely enough for us to go fulltime…? And what now for the future of a certain Mr Jacobsen (YP133)? Any money we would get from selling him is dwarfed by this income; is it worthwhile getting rid of him?

So finally, what of the draw? Who did we get in the group stage? I think I might tease you with this screenshot first: Which group do we want to be in??

WOW.

You just game me lots of inspiration, mate. Amazing career, fantastic style of writing presenting every youth intake, all domestic and European games, players... Simply put, fantastic!

I read it all, thanks for this. Some of the interesting points I found: the season tickets holders number is really hard to guess (I reckon about 28 next season...), well done on upgrading training and other facilities (what's your stadium avg.att./capacity now), well done on Europa League and CL group stage games... How about a finances screenshot? About 10 million in black probably? Great idea on the achievements part, luckily that crash dump went well also.

Looking forward to your next update, keep up the AMAZING work on Faroe Islands mate. :)

P.S. Keep Jacobsen. Maybe he changes his mind after you pass the CL group stage. You will, won't you? :D

WOW.

You just game me lots of inspiration, mate. Amazing career, fantastic style of writing presenting every youth intake, all domestic and European games, players... Simply put, fantastic!

I read it all, thanks for this. Some of the interesting points I found: the season tickets holders number is really hard to guess (I reckon about 28 next season...), well done on upgrading training and other facilities (what's your stadium avg.att./capacity now), well done on Europa League and CL group stage games... How about a finances screenshot? About 10 million in black probably? Great idea on the achievements part, luckily that crash dump went well also.

Looking forward to your next update, keep up the AMAZING work on Faroe Islands mate. :)

P.S. Keep Jacobsen. Maybe he changes his mind after you pass the CL group stage. You will, won't you? :D

Thanks for the very kind words. I'll stick some extra screenshots in my next update to answer your questions :)

0hQia.png

FC Hoyvik

Mid-Season 2025/26

Our Champions League group of Sporting, Sevilla and Roma was a tough prospect and anything we’d win points-wise would be a bonus. I’d targeted the home game against Sporting as our best chance to pick something up and by chance this fell as the first match in the group. With that in mind, it was either a chance to get off to a great start, or alternatively a way to set a bad tone for the rest of the campaign. Rather unfortunately, the latter proved to be the case.

The game itself remind me a lot of the St Etienne match that we played towards the end of last season’s Europa League campaign (where we lost 3-0). We were disappointing and never really threatened them in a 3-1 defeat. Perhaps I’d been a bit too optimistic in aiming to even get a single point from the group.

Our next match against Sevilla confirmed my fears slightly as we fell to a 3-0 defeat that could have been a whole lot worse. That was followed by back-to-back losses to Roma of 4-0 and 5-2.

It has been quite an experience so far, but not a particularly enjoyable one. Perhaps I should be pleased that our defeats have ranged between two and four goals rather than sixes and sevens (or worse). Or maybe that we’ve managed to score three goals, but I had hoped that we might threaten to give one of the other teams a fright in at least one game; that simply hasn’t happened.

We have two games left to try to win a point, but the table shows that we are somewhat behind the other teams in the group.

Despite the losses in Europe, we are having an excellent run of domestic results. We don’t seem to have a challenger for the title this season and with other clubs beating each other, we would appear to have one hand on the league trophy already. Furthermore, for once we even won the Super Cup in some style.

We obviously haven’t received any more prize money from the Champions League, so our finances remain about the £6.5m mark. That is plenty for a club of our size and once our training ground improvements were completed, I persuaded the board to upgrade again almost immediately. The last level of investment took us up to average facilites so we are well on the road to making the most of the talent that comes out of our youth system.

Despite our good financial state, I finally made the decision to sell Petur Jacobsen (YP133). He has done well again this season, but Mortan Clementsen (YP162) has done enough to persuade me that he is capable of replacing Jacobsen.

There was no way I would sell Jacobsen on the cheap though, so I offered him out at £5m + 50% of any profit made on him. Just one team was interested in taking him; Malmo FF of Sweden, who were prepared to pay £3.8m + the sell on clause. To receive a bid of that magnitude was a no-brainer really; the player has 8 months left on his contract, we only have two Champions League matches left and the league is going well. All that added up to the player leaving the club. He has been a great servant and leaves with our best wishes.

One final thing before I go: TIR669 asked about my average attendances over the years. As you can see, they have progressed really well over the years. It definitely makes me think the 28 season tickets sold every season is a bug. :D

Oh, and I forgot to update this achievement last time:

Achievements Completed

• Qualify for Champions League group stage Achieved 2025/26

Thanks everyone.

That shows just how far you have come. £3.8m!!!!! When you joined you couldn't get £3.80 for any of your players :D

That's still the case to be honest - he's the only player that has left for a fee. There is absolutely no money to be had in the Faroese leagues so there isn't a domestic transfer market. That means that only the players good enough to play abroad will be sold for any money and he is the only one that has left so far that has any talent.

Archived