Premiership Wonderkids - The Game

What with the introduction of teams having to choose 25 players to form a premier league squad last season, there was more pressure on them to field youngsters from their youth team when players become unavailable. So I have decided to create 20 "wonderkids" with each one being assigned a premiership club each. And I'm letting you guys be those "wonderkids." I will follow the players as they embark on their career and see where it takes them, both club and country.

Here are our youngsters at the very start of there careers:

Arsenal: Stuart Shaw

Aston Villa: Ben Smith

Blackburn: Johnny Foreigner

Bolton: Stuart Brawls

Chelsea: Thomas Weir

Everton: Marcello Nobrega

Fulham: Ben Goldsmith

Liverpool: Aiden Lfc

Manchester City: Austin Hodge

Manchester United: Larx Magnum

Newcastle United: Christopher Hatton

Norwich: Fyre Man

QPR: Adam Nelson

Stoke: Coop Cooper

Sunderland: Tom Skull

Swansea: Luke Oso

Tottenham Hotspur: Arie Kanarie

West Brom: Craig Dolling

Wigan: Glenn Crane

Wolves: Jim Bowman

Hope you enjoy, let me know if anyone wants to see anything else. I shall give an update to the first 6 months soon.

The 6 month update is coming when I finish work later on, but i had a quick idea that I wanted to run by you.

I was thinking that we could have a player of the season award as voted by you? So when I post the stats and whatnot, you guys all get one vote which will be given to me via private message. 1st place getting to change 5 attributes +1, 2nd place gets 3 attributes +1 and 3rd place gets to improve one attribute of their choice.

What do you guys think?

Oh ya, I just realised something. If you are carrying on with the idea of voting for player of the season, when will the deadline for voting be? And what if not all of us have voted by the time the deadline passed?

I will put a couple of days deadline on it and will send private messages to those not voted. just means that you will all have to keep a look out. Update will be here about 6oclock English time.

Stuart Shaw - The Arsenal under 18s star is yet to really make an impact at the youth level, making 30 appearances, scoring 2 and having 7 assists. He has however made 1 appearance for Italy under 19s, in a 7-0 thrashing of Bulgaria.

Ben Smith - Aston Villa obviously have high hopes of their 16 year old, dubbed the next Scott Parker, as they have already granted him 2 first team appearances, one appearance and one assist in the league and another appearance in the League Cup. Smith has also made one appearance for the England under 19s.

Johnny Foreigner - Apparently Blackburn’s answer to Wesley Sneijder, Foreigner has not had the best of luck with injuries so far, being out for a total of 3 months with injuries such as strained knee ligaments and a broken jaw. This has not stopped the youngster making 3 youth appearances for his country.

Stuart Brawls - Bolton’s ambitious young centre back has yet to make a single appearance for either club or country, having been limited to 25 youth/reserve fixtures, scoring once and receiving 4 yellow cards.

Thomas Weir - The Chelsea youngster has been labelled as the next Kenny Miller, has shown exactly why with his performances for the Scotland under 19s, scoring an incredible 7 goals in 6 appearances. He is yet to make the same impact at club level, as Weir has been limited to just one substitute appearance in the league cup.

Marcello Nobrega - The Everton under 19s right back has been told that he will one day replace Seamus Coleman as the first team right back, however he will need to curb his discipline by then. When he has stayed on the pitch, he has been in scintillating form, scoring 5 goals in 19 appearances from defence.

Ben Goldsmith - Fulham’s long term successor to Simon Davies, has already shown his potential getting MOTM in his only appearance in the league cup. He has also made 6 appearances for Wales, proving that he will take over from Davies in more than team.

Aiden Lfc - The younger version of Stewart Downing has been limited to 3 substitute appearances, 2 coming in the Premiership and the other being made in the league cup. He hasn’t used these opportunities to show his potential only managing an average rating of 6.63. He has however been a regular for England under 19s, making 4 appearances.

Austin Hodge - The Man City youngster, who has been labelled the next Ian Wright, has showed everyone his potential in the opportunities that he has been given. In making 5 substitute appearances for the mega-rich club, he has scored 2 goals. He has carried on that form into his country appearances, scoring 2 goals in 8 games.

Larx Magnum - The playmaker from Singapore has definitely been playing the Man Utd way with his appearances for the reserves and academy, grabbing 7 goals and 4 assists in 15 appearances. The youngster has yet to be called up by his birth country, but they want to hurry up as England have been showing an interest in this promising midfielder.

Christopher Hatton - The next Michael Owen (I really hope not!!) has proved he can play with the big boys, scoring one goal in just 2 appearances for the first team. He hasn’t made such an impact in the reserves however, scoring just 2 goals in 12 games. He has forged a good partnership with Austin Hodge for England and has scored 2 goals in 6 games.

Fyre Man - The successor to Grant Holt has had an amazing season so far, but only at youth level. For Norwich under 19s he has scored 17 goals in 20 games, but that hasn’t proved enough for his manager as he has only made 1 substitute appearance for the Premier League newboys. He has also got 6 youth caps to his name for his native Romania.

Adam Nelson - The QPR youngster has suffered a lot in terms of injuries so far this season, suffered a twisted ankle and fractured arm. He hasn’t let that stop him though as he has gone on to score 10 goals in 19 appearances from the right wing. He is yet to make a single appearance for the first team.

Coop Cooper - Stoke promising midfielder has been given plenty of opportunities to shine so for at the Britannia, making 3 European appearances, creating a goal, and being given 2 Premier League starts aswell. Cooper is also making a splash at international level as well, getting 2 youth caps, scoring a goal.

Tom Skull - The highly rated Sunderland youngster, who has touted as the next Paul Gascoigne, has made a good start to proceedings in the North East. He has made 2 Premier League starts, having an average rating of 7.45. He is yet to make a single youth appearance, falling behind some of our other wonderkids in the pecking order.

luke Oso - Well this youngster will not have a high rating for luck. In his very first appearance for Swansea youth team, towering American Striker damaged his cruciate ligaments ruling him out for 6 months.

Arie Kanarie - A similar player to Roman Pavlyuchenko, the Dutch striker took his chance when given a start in the league cup, scoring a goal. However, he has not been used since by Spurs. He has been in good form for the reserves scoring 9 goals in 28 games. Holland under 19s have only seen fit to call him up once so far this season.

Craig Dolling - The England under 19s star has been in good form for club and country, scoring 12 goals in 18 youth appearances for West Brom and 5 goals in 7 appearances for England. He has yet to be given an opportunity to shine for the first team so far though and is eagerly anticipating his chance.

Glenn Crane - The Wigan midfielder has shown he may be sceptical to injuries suffering from a few niggles so far this season, including 2 dead legs and a twisted knee. He hasn’t let that stop him though as he has scored 7 goals in 15 appearances. He has also bagged 3 goals in 6 England youth appearances. Crane has only made one first team appearance for his club in the league cup.

Jim Bowman - The Scottish youngster has been starved of opportunities at Wolves, as he is yet to make a single appearance for the first team. He has though made 28 youth appearances, scoring 5 and creating an incredible 15 goals. Labelled the new Paul Mcstay, Jim has also made 7 youth appearances for his country, scoring one goal.

I hope this is good for everyone, please let me know if anyone wants anything more

Good update!

Not bad, scoring on my debut, real shame that some important attributes (off the ball, composure, finishing, teamwork and pace a whopping 4 points each) seem to be declining. Keeping my fingers crossed for some more playing time, hopefully I'll regain the losses.

Nice update! Just a suggestion, maybe for the next update, you post the attributes page of the players rather than the profile page, so we can see their training improvements.. But if most of the participants prefer the profile page, I'm ok with it.. =)

Nice update! Just a suggestion, maybe for the next update, you post the attributes page of the players rather than the profile page, so we can see their training improvements.. But if most of the participants prefer the profile page, I'm ok with it.. =)

Yeah okay I'll do that, but you won't see any improvements because i'm not managing the clubs. you'll just see the attributes.

Yeah okay I'll do that, but you won't see any improvements because i'm not managing the clubs. you'll just see the attributes.

Oh ya.. Totally forgot about that.. Hahah.. In that case, there's not much difference between the profile and attributes page.. Thx though..

End Of Season Report:

Stuart Shaw - Arsenal’s promising full back finally made his full debut for his club in the second half of the season, but was only given one league appearance and one cup appearance. He is yet to receive another youth cap for Italy.

Ben Smith - Aston Villa have continued to show faith in their young midfielder as they handed him another 3 first team appearances in the second half of the season, two in the league and one in the cup. He has not been able to add to the one cap that he has earned for England so far.

Johnny Foreigner - Blackburn have still not trusted their youngster enough to grant him a single first team appearance. He was not able to add to his tally of 3 youth caps either. A rating of 7.05 in 19 youth appearances is nothing to be disappointed about however.

Stuart Brawls - Bolton’s promising defender has been given a single first team appearance in the Premiership but was unable to make a positive impression, receiving a rating of 6.3. Brawls is still get getting a look in at the England youth set-up.

Thomas Weir - Weir was not given another chance to show what he can do at club level, but received another youth cap for Scotland. His youth career has continued to go from stride to stride though, scoring 24 goals in 34 games.

Marcello Nobrega - The Evertonian youngster has definitely shown a lot of potential at his club, being given 14 first team appearances, claiming 2 assists with an average rating of 6.96. This has been enough to grant the 17 year old a call up to the Portugal main squad, but is yet to get a full cap.

Ben Goldsmith - The Fulham youngster is yet to add to his single cup appearance for the first team but has been in scintillating form for the youth set up getting 9 goals and 11 assists in 38 games. He also was handed another youth cap for Wales.

Aiden Lfc- Liverpool have shown a lot of faith in the left winger as they have handed him a further 6 appearances for the first team but is yet to repay that faith, gaining an average rating of just 6.62. He is also yet to add to his youth caps for England.

Austin Hodge - The young striker has made a further 9 appearances for Man City, only managing to score one more goal. Austin did miss the final bit of the season however, suffering from a double hernia injury.

Larx Magnum - This 17 year old has been told by his club that he will be allowed to leave on loan in order to find some first team appearances. He was limited to just one league appearance, receiving a rating of just 6.2.

Christopher Hatton - The young striker has been made to step up to the Newcastle first team thanks to a terrible run of injuries for his team mates. He has gone on to make 11 appearances, scoring twice at a rating of 6.62.

Fyre Man - The Norwich manager showed a little bit more faith in the youngster in the second half of the season making another 5 appearances for the first team, already being given the duties of penalty taking as he tucked away 1 out of 1.

Adam Nelson - QPR management are still yet to be impressed with the youngsters good showing for his youth team as he is yet to be called up for the first team. He has also scored 1 goal in the only youth appearance he has managed to make for England.

Coop Cooper - The stoke youngster has continued to make appearances for the first team, making 3 more in the league and one more in Europe. This has allowed him to be another player that has been called up for national team but is yet to make a full cap.

Tom Skull - The two good appearances that Tom played for the first team has not made the management at sunderland consider giving him more game time as he has been limited to just youth appearances in the second half of the season.

Luke Oso - Injury ruined the promising youngster start to the season but did recover enough to make 3 first team appearances towards the end of the season. The youngster has not repaid the faith in his team however, as he is refusing to sign a new contract at his current club.

Arie Kanarie - The Dutch striker has impressed his manager enough to warrant two appearances for the first team at Tottenham in the league cup, scoring 1 goal. His national team have not seen enough to give him any more youth caps however.

Craig Dolling - The youngster was finally given a chance to show what he is made of for the first team at the end of the season, making two appearances in the premier league with a disappointing rating of 6.35.

Glenn Crane - The Wigan youngster showed his potential in two appearances for his club in the league, with an average rating of 7.50.

Jim Bowman - The midfielders impressive 10 goals in 30 games have not been enough to warrant a call up the first team. He is hoping to be let out on loan next season in order to show exactly what he can do.

Premier League Table

Right, now that the season is over, you lot have to power to vote for player for season. You all get 3 votes, 1st getting 3 points, 2nd getting 2 points and so on. The person with the most votes will get to change 3 different attributes by one point, 2nd gets to change 2 and 3rd gets to change 1.

Send votes to me by private message. The deadline is midnight on friday evening!

A call up to the England U19 squad and getting my first cap is brilliant and the fact Villa are showing such faith in me is very pleasing!! Long may this fruitful career continue.

P.S Is there any chance of maybe having/adding an update

What sort of update are you looking for mate?

What sort of update are you looking for mate?

Like when you do your updates on how they been doing, then maybe add in whether a club has shown any interest or has made an offer for a player. Would be good to know if we are being headhunted by a bigger club. Stuff like that would be good to add, in my opinion mate. No complaints about the way you are doing this mate i am just giving an opinion but at the end of the day its not me having to do all the writing so if it would be too much of a pain then dont worry mate.

Like when you do your updates on how they been doing, then maybe add in whether a club has shown any interest or has made an offer for a player. Would be good to know if we are being headhunted by a bigger club. Stuff like that would be good to add, in my opinion mate. No complaints about the way you are doing this mate i am just giving an opinion but at the end of the day its not me having to do all the writing so if it would be too much of a pain then dont worry mate.

Yeah I have thought about this, but no teams have put any offers in as of yet. i think there will be a couple of loans next year with everyone turned 17. cheers mate.

Yeah I have thought about this, but no teams have put any offers in as of yet. i think there will be a couple of loans next year with everyone turned 17. cheers mate.

Thats cool mate, and yeah i forgot about the ages, so like you said things may or may not start to happen when we all reach 17.

Thats cool mate, and yeah i forgot about the ages, so like you said things may or may not start to happen when we all reach 17.

you never know, the three guys that got relegated may get snapped up by big clubs.

I also have a suggestion.. just have like a little bit of a mention of how the clubs are going overall?

I saw that my Stoke team made a european cup despite coming 12th?

Feeling pretty good about that actually, seeing as Coop Cooper made 4 European appearances last time around!

I also have a suggestion.. just have like a little bit of a mention of how the clubs are going overall?

I saw that my Stoke team made a european cup despite coming 12th?

Feeling pretty good about that actually, seeing as Coop Cooper made 4 European appearances last time around!

Sorry, yes i realised this after i posted the league that i shouldve done a general outlook. that will come next season. (Stoke won the Europa League btw)

Well, only 8 of us voted, but the results for player of the season are in, and it was a bit of a whitewash.

1st Marcello Nobrega with 19 points.

2nd Glenn Crane with 7 points.

3rd Christopher Hatton with 6 points.

The lucky winners get to mend their players slightly as mentioned above so please get your requests in now. you have the rest of the weekend to do so.

Mini update:

Sorry its been a while but here goes:

Scotland won EURO 2012 yes you heard it here first!

No-one was called up to the squad for their countrys but hopefully by 2014, we should've made a breakthrough!

So far as of 1st august, 3 of our kids have been loaned out to other clubs.

Stuart Brawls to Leicester

Larx Magnum to AS Saint-Etienne

Coop Cooper to Mallorca

Hopefully have the half season update later on tonight, sorry it's taking too long.

Quite the 'realistic' Euro win there ;). Would be great if we'd meet on the Euro or WC finals. Must say with the current Dutch strikers (and the likes of Castaignos and van Wolfswinkel who always find their way into the Dutch squad in my saves), it might take me a while.

Archived