One Man, One Dream and Five Champions Leagues

Azeryk`

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boo the board :(

Better luck next season in the Champions League.

I did and then they refused to upgrade the youth facilities :( But then upp'd my transfer and wage budgets significantly with the money I had been saving the club over the past couple seasons :thup:

Am through the preliminary rounds, which is better than reigning champions Heartland can say :lol:

Season 26

Well it wasn't quite the season that I was expecting. I was hoping that the league would be a much easier competition this season - oh how I was wrong there. We won the league but only just and I had to wait until the final game of the season before that was confirmed. At no stage throughout the season did we pull ahead of the chasing pack and we lost easy games to teams we should have been looking to score several past. But in the end we got the gold so I can't complain too much - just need to make sure we try harder next season.

southafricanpremiersocc.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The cups were yet again a mixed affair but it['s only continental that I am interested in so anything else is a bonus:

Super8 - Winners

KO Cup - S-Finals

FA Cup

Champions League: Group Stage

supersportunitedfixture.png

Season     Team                League                       Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]Club:[/b]

2011/12    Boston United       English Blue Square North    1st         Division Champions
2012/13    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  2nd         Lost in Play-Off Finals
2013/14    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  2nd         Lost in Play-Off Finals
2014/15    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  1st         FA Trophy Winners
2015/16    Burnley             English Championship         1st         Division Champions
2016/17    Arsenal             English Premier League       3rd         League Cup Winners
2017/18    Arsenal             English Premier League       3rd         FA Cup Winners
2018/19    Arsenal             English Premier League       2nd         Champions League, FA Cup & Community Shield Winners
2019/20    Arsenal             English Premier League       1st         League, Champions League, World Club Cup & Community Shield Winners
2021       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division     1st         League Champions
2022       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division     1st         League & Copa Libertadores Champions
2023       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division                 Copa Libertadores & State Champions
2023/24    Puebla              Mexican First Division       5th/7th
2024/25    Puebla              Mexican First Division       4th/7th     Champions League & Open Season Champions
2025/26    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          4th         KO'd in Minor Final
2026/27    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         League & Grand Final Winners
2027/28    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         League & Grand Final Winners
2028/29    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         League & Grand Final Winners
2029/30    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         Champions League, League & Grand Final Winners
2030/31    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         League & Grand Final Winners
2031/32    Bloemfontein Celtic South African Premiership    13th
2032/33    Bloemfontein Celtic South African Premiership    13th        Sacked after 10 games
2032/33    SuperSport United   South African Premiership    9th
2033/34    SuperSport United   South African Premiership    2nd         Cup Runners-Up 
2034/35    SuperSport United   South African Premiership    1st         League, Confederations Cup & FA Cup Winners
2035/36    SuperSport United   South African Premiership    1st         League, Super Cup & KO Cup Winners
2036/37    SuperSport United   South African Premiership    1st         League, FA Cup & Super8 Cup Winners
2037/38    SuperSport United   South African Premiership

Technically I also won the Olympics with the Mexico U23 side - the reason I say technically is I encountered a bug which refused to let me assign squad numbers of players and thus refused to let me play any games. Although if I holiday'd the match it was fine. So I picked the side, the assistant manager dealt with the actual match.

Only reached the Q-Finals of the Gold Cup with Mexico, was knocked out 2-3aet to eventual winners the USA - and was sacked for my efforts. Which is really annoying as we are virtually guaranteed to qualify for the upcoming World Cup :(

Seasons    Country             Achievements
2016-2020  England             World Cup 2018 - First Knockouts
                              Euro 2020 - First knockouts
2022-2030  Brazil              Copa America 2023 - Winners
                              Confederations Cup 2025 - Winners
		       World Cup 2026 - Winners
                              Copa America 2027 - Winners
                              Confederations Cup 2029 - Winners
		       World Cup 2030 - Second Round
2030-2031  Cameroon            African Nations 2031 - Group Stage
2032-2034  Brazil U20          South American U20 Championship 2033 - Runner-Up
                              U20 World Cup 2033 - Q-Finals
2034-2037  Mexico              Gold Cup 2035 - S-Finals
		       Copa America 2035 - Winners
                              Olympics 2036 - Winners
                              Gold Cup 2037 - Q-Finals

Final - 1st Leg

estunisvsupersportutdin.png

Final - 2nd Leg

supersportutdvestunispo.png

and I nearly had a heart attack when Es Tunis scored in the 93rd minute - which would have given them the cup if the player wasn't flagged for offside).

I will post a better review and more screenshots tomorrow. If you want to see something specific just let me know.

Amazing job - challenge complete! Is that it now? I bet you're up to the hilt in Skyrim by now :D
Fantastic effort, congratulations :thup: Does this mean you ride off into the sunset now :D

Am still waiting for Skyrim to arrive, but after seeing how many hours this save file has taken I could do with a few days away from the PC :p

Well done, that's an impressive record. No more so than the 67% win percentage; anything over 60% is pretty amazing :thup:

Thanks - it was helped by the early seasons in Boston and Arsenal where I was at the top but not quite #1 - and again when I was dominating domestically in Australia and South Africa but struggled continentally.

What a triumph this has been.
Fantastic career, well done :applause:

Cheers guys - it was quite a challenge, one of my longest saves for a long time now.

Absolutely brilliant,massive congrats on winning the African Champions League to make it 5 continental trophies.

Well played :D

Fantastic achievement and a great thread to follow :thup:
Absolutely brilliant.

Well done :thup:

Fantastic!

Thanks for the comments guys - it was the thread that helped me keep going :)

Not tempted to go back to Europe and win just a little more to get to the top of the Hall of Fame?

It's tempting but the game speed is quite slow and Tottenham have decided to do well in the league - where as when I was busy with SuperSport they sucked and needed a manager every season. :p

• 7 months later...

Well I as hoping for more suggestions than that - lol.

Am thinking of doing the same kind of thing but sticking to just Europe this time around as I'm yet to manager in several of the main European leagues - or at least give them a proper attempt; but am open for new ideas.

Archived