FM12 Stadium Background project (1920x1080, 1920x1200 or 1600x1200)

geordie1981

Picture Count

(with Nation by Nation updates applied)

These packs will show on the team and matchday screens and come in three different high quality sizes to fit the majority of monitors, 16:9(1920x1080), 16:10(1920x1200)and 4:3(1600x1200). They should also work perfectly on lower resolutions as well, check the key lower down in the post if you haven't a clue about all this screen resolution gash.

Extract to;

Win Vista/Windows 7: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\graphics\backgrounds

Win 2000/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\graphics\backgrounds

Win 98/ME: C:\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\graphics\backgrounds

Mac OS X: /Users/<username>/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/graphics\backgrounds

or whichever graphics folder your working faces, kits and logos are located. If you don't have a backgrounds folder then create one.

Key for finding the right pack (if needed)

16:9 1920x1080, 1600x900, 1366x768, 1280x720.

16:10 1920x1200, 1680x1050, 1440x900,

4:3 1600x1200, 1400x1050, 1280x960, 1152x864, 1024x768

If your screen size doesn't feature above here is a more detailed list. Click me.

To find out or change your screen resolution right click your desktop, select properties and then settings and you should see a screen resolution slidebar.

Downloads

For a little taste of everything I'm working on now, please download the Superpack. I will be fleshing out all of the missing leagues and Nations in time with the Nation by Nation updates.

Superpack

443 images from 20 nations.

South Korean K-League, Japanese J-League

Belgian Pro League, Dutch Eredivisie, English Premier League and Championship, French Ligue 1, German Bundesliga and 2.Bundesliga, Greek Superleague, Italian Serie A and Serie B, Portuguese Primeira Liga, Romanian Liga 1, Russian Premier Division, Scotish Premier League, Spanish Primera División and Segunda División, Turkish Süper Lig, Ukrainian Premier League

Mexican Primera Division, MLS

Argentine Primera Division, Brazilian Serie B

16:9 (1920x1080) DOWNLOAD / 16:10 (1920X1200) DOWNLOAD / 4:3 (1600X1200) DOWNLOAD

Matchday only pack uploaded by Chicha 14 [/url]DOWNLOAD

Nation By Nation Updates

If you have the Superpack please delete the relevant Nation's folder from it before downloading the update for said Nation and you're good to go.

These updates will also work as a standalone if you don't want/need the Superpack.

Australia

All 10 Playable Teams + both national stadia

16:9 (1920x1080) DOWNLOAD / 16:10 (1920X1200) DOWNLOAD / 4:3 (1600X1200) DOWNLOAD

England (Part 1)

All 160 Playable Teams + Wembley and the Olympic Stadium

Norway

All 32 Playable Teams + the national team

Scotland

All 42 Playable Teams + the national team

Screenshots

wr6vI.png

M4QAl.png

O7TJ3.png

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent. Looking forward too seeing it ingame. Too often people release these really nice background packs that are too busy and take too much focus away from the 'spreadsheets'. Yours look more uniform and simple so hopefully it would suit me personally and be functional. There is no doubt it looks great though.

Thanks buddy.

Cheers lads.

@suikoden: The key is finding a skin with a nice strong filter or editing the the overlay if the skin you prefer doesn't have one. There are some ready-made files in HERE that should work on most custom skins as well. I'm using the 80% ones because like you I prefer to keep the backgrounds in the background so to say.

@dazseight Alright mate, same deal as before if you want to stick these on your site when I release them that's fine. Regardless of whether you do or not I'll still be linking to your comp backgrounds when I get round to editing the OP, must have for background loverss.

@phnompenhandy I'm hoping to get as far as possible eventually but as i mentioned I'll be working by league reputation, whenever I work on one Nation at a time it starts to feel like work and I end up getting bored and giving up so doing it this way keeps it fresh. I'll get there eventually though.

@Chicha_14 Yep, these will show up on matchdays as well.

Just so I am clear... are we talking about the background where you pick the team, tactics etc... or are we talking about the actual game play ground? I think I know the answer, would be great if we could have more stadiums - they are all starting to look the same but I'me sure Old Trafford doesn't have a flat roof at one end - lol

Just so I am clear... are we talking about the background where you pick the team, tactics etc... or are we talking about the actual game play ground? I think I know the answer, would be great if we could have more stadiums - they are all starting to look the same but I'me sure Old Trafford doesn't have a flat roof at one end - lol

Are you confusing this with the match engine? Look at the examples - they are for between matches not the matches themselves.

Might be worth editing the "extract to:" location in your OP when you do release. The vast majority of people are going to have their user data folder in the default location in their documents folder on the C:\ drive.

You don't want people to skim over the post, see that file location in big letters then complain that they don't have it.

I'm using the fm12 base dark bg skin (link), the files to darken the overlay and the instructions are at the bottom of the OP in the link.

Edit; I've also opened the globel panel xml and set top padding to 0 to prevent it from squashing the pics down.

That works a treat, nice one.

Thanks for these backgrounds. Looking excellent.

Have you got any other backgrounds that may be causing a config clash?

Have you unticked use skin cache and ticked show background pictures in the preferences?

If it's neither of those then check ingame to find out if you've put them in the correct user data folder, there are instructions on how to do that HERE

Looking good Daz cheers, also gee_simpson the SPL will be in the first update pack.

Have you got any other backgrounds that may be causing a config clash?

Have you unticked use skin cache and ticked show background pictures in the preferences?

If it's neither of those then check ingame to find out if you've put them in the correct user data folder, there are instructions on how to do that HERE

Its working now make i hadnt ticked the show background pictures but is there anyway to get around the clash with the writing and the background? i can hardly see the writing, im using the dark skin and the writing is white, even when i go to default its black and impossible to read...anyway around it?

Download the base2012 dark bg skin and extract it to \My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\skins\and then download the transparancy file to your desktop.

Open the folder of the skin and then drag the transparency folder from your desktop into the graphics folder of the skin and hit yes to overwrite.

geordie1981. Here I go again, needing simple instructions and not in pc jargon mode. I have successfully installed the stadia into my game and they are top class. However, like some other peoples, my writing is white and therefore is unreadable. I am using the ingame FM12 dark skin. I have tried to install the base 12 dark bg skin but it doesn't even show up in the display screen along with the two in game skins. I have installed it into my skins folder. What the flipping heck am I doing wrong!

Help, please! I've managed to get the BG dark skin working but I can't get the overlay thing to work. I need the stadium picture to be darker as it is too light at the minute. Could someone do the following for me to follow? I right click on overlay and click copy. I go through User, docs, SI, FM 12 .... Where do I go from there please?

Open the skin folder and then the backgrounds folder within it.

Open the overlay folder and open the 80 file.

Highlight everything in the 80 folder and drag them across to the bg overlay folder or do it one at a time if you prefer.

Hit yes to overwrite and it should work after that.

This should work with the vitreous skin too, just move the files into bgoverlay2. I haven't checked ingame yet though.

Edit; Just tried them on vitreous and they don't work, you'll have to contact the author to find out if it's possible.

Archived