Knap FM12 Tactics

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've not used 4231 that much post patch, but in general the settings are similar to the 442 (familiarity levels will be same).

is the familiarity of the tactics are similar because I put them all together, I have the 4-4-2 / the 4-5-1 / 4-2-3-1

well it might be a bit early to judge but i have used the 100pts tactic for two games with a struggling Burton Alb in div 2 and they have won 7-2 at home and won 9-1 away at Afc Wimbledon,they are playing like Barcelona:)

hi mate avin probs downloading! somethin bout not recognising the file?

I don't have any set in stone typre of players, but will usually pair an offensive Modric/Milner with Defensive Sandro/ Barry and upfront Fast AM on left Aguero or VDV or right Dzeko or Tevez. Usually for this game fast is good anywhere on pitch but I still use slow players if good quality.

I played this season as a fan in the stands starting with Sunday League rep for MC and 106pts 442. There were a lot of defensive errors at start of season probably due to low starting rep. With Spurs I started with 4231 but due to injuries at same time to VDV and Modric switched to TC based 442. Also the squad is thin in this patch so added 2 players in Jan. Both sides were taken over on day of Charity Shield so no pre season or time to get used to tactic.

englishpremierdivisionoe.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Consolation for MC was a good win over Barca and only lost League at game against Spurs a WHL and had the netter goal difference.

mancityvbarcelonastatsm.png

Included this dubious decision.

mancityvbarcelonatvview.png

Won all trophies with both sides so a complete season.

gerrardknapnewsinbox21.png

Also noticed your tactic is the new version where as the 4-4-2 i downloaded for 12.2 is classic view (downloaded from the first post after you updated).

What I mean by views is how I have the arrows and stuff. I'll try posting a pic, see if you can help at all?

The screenshot uses the TC tactic that the downloadable classic tactic is based on for illustration purposes. I usually use dm on right but I find Modric is better on left anyway. I find as I play a season, I will firm up on best position for each player.

If you change a role then the Ass Man will change position of players to suit. Let the Ass Man make the choice, see how they get on and any problems change a players position and see if it helps or hinders.

Okay, I have only tested this with a very good Villa side and my friend has tested with Real Madrid and Villa all have worked very well. Hopefully it works for you guys as well. I had excellent strikers and wingers and this allows me to use both!

The tactic isnt gonna win you many clean sheets but it scores so many!!

Tactic based on Knap's original Man City 442 106 pt tactic with a few minor tweaks so all credit to Knap!, here are the tweaks done:

Moved MR and ML up to AMR and AML

Increased cross ball from rarely to often on both AMR and AML

Reduced mentality of fullbacks

Reduced mentality of the centre backs and changed them to Man marking.

Screenshots:

First choice team and tactic:

thetactic.png

Results:

After the 4-2 loss to Liverpool i applied the defensive tweaks above. The 2-2 draw with Arsenal they injured 4 players so i played last 20 mins with 10 men and they got a 92min goal to make it 2-2 :(

theresults.png

League:

theleague.png

Tactic Download Link: (Remember to let the players settle into it)

http://www.mediafire.com/?812ljwn08i8p7oj

let me know how it goes guys!

Lol, do you not know how knap's threads work by now?! He churns out tactics like a machine, and they tend to work great by just picking good players.

Haha I have noticed that mate :) It's hard keeping track of them tbh though ahah

the 106pt 442 is still working very well for me, probs deserves more recognition!

If you are enjoying tactic and still winning don't change but latest tactic works well with Aguero and Tevez upfront. Last years 109pt still works if you liked that in FM11.

I tend to use cm and dm combo in the 4231 with MC's. Is that a narrow 42121 or wide?.

High scoring skillful forward tactic for 12.2.2. Split mentality 442.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6zbwazcctfxbqpc

I've been using your team mentality 442 for the 12.2 patch and it's been very good, especially at home. A bit attacking for away games, especially against strong opponents but this tactic right here has got to be the best one i've ever used. Tight at the back and the offense is amazing.

@ Millsinho

Hey there - I read a few pages back that you were going to drop the earlier 442 tactic (post 382 version I think...) for the updated one. How did it fair? Better?

Although I see another one just released - tough to keep up!

I've tended to play Hough's tactics and have enjoyed them, but really want two strikers and some wing play. So thought a 442 would be a new formation for me. Interested how you found the two and whether you use any others as back-ups, i.e. the 451.

Cheers

Just wanted to say thanks for the tactic knap, its effectiveness is incredible in my Aberdeen game!

2nd Season, still yet to actually be given a transfer budget and have been working purely on free transfers

capturejyc.png

capturegpc.png

capturedze.png

Hopefully our good form will continue after the re-rank at Christmas!

I'm finding the following team talk's which Wes_Coulam posted on FuSS's FuSStidious thread are working well for me:

Beginning Of Game - I look at what my Ass man saids if he saids we are favourite i go Aggressive we should win

If we are not favourite i let my ass man take the talk then click on each defender/midfielder/attackers and go passionate i have faith

Half Time - If winning by 2 Calm or cautious (calm if your favourite/cautious if they are) well done but you could do better

If winning any less by 2 Aggressive top option

Full Time - If won passionate top option

If lost or drew aggressive top option

Note: If the opponent is a massive favourite you risk upsetting your players im talking massive favourites you can get away with it in league one playing the top teams and your newly promoted.

If you not getting a response don't be shy to go goalkeeper/defender/midfielder/attacking passionate and top option.

Just out of interest, what other tactics are folks using? I've got the 442 from post #569 as my primary and the latest 451 from here as well, but I very rarely use the 4-5-1, becuase the 442 is working so well, still to try the newest one yet.

Once again, thanks knap!!

Right so I have been testing avfc's tweak from a few pages back and it has been working really well for me. Initially I was using knaps original 442 but it stopped being as effective at the mid season so i switched to the tweak.

manchesterunitedfixture.png

I have probably just jinxed myself and the results will soon turn bad, but so far it has been awesome and I have been enjoying the football the tactic creates.

Match prep : Attacking movement ( this really helps to create more chances and convert more chances) and high/very high workload

no oi

pitch size largest.

Im using the default united team except I bought modric for my midfield. So the tactic should work with any team with that quality of players. (Although the creator of the tactic tried it with Aston Villa and he was doing really well so your decision)

Just to add...in the game i drew we completely dominated them but my keeper just had a shocker..i had 4 cccs to there 0 but i just wasnt converting that game aswell :S

Post #695 mate

barcelonavmanutdstatsma.png

Another great result, didn't expect to beat them so comprehensively at the Nou Camp.

Note: Current match prep att movement and very high workload.

( going to run a few matches with teamwork selected but for now att movment is best)

Archived