FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aggression is not the only thing that causes bad challenges/violent conduct. That is more the hidden dirtiness attribute. One thing to be careful of IMO is when a player looks fired up from a team talk. That is not a positive as far as I am concerned (despite it giving a green response). I fine all players for violent conduct, including youth and reserve players, and my squad discipline bar is always full.

When my players are staring to foul too often it is often because my mentality is too high/low and the opposition trying to attack leaves certain players getting pulled out of position and having to make last ditch tackles. I normally lower mentality and use hassle opponents and stay on feet shouts. If I then get control of the game I can revert to my more usual style. Retain possession and pass to feet can also work if you keep giving the ball away and find your players chasing the ball everywhere.

I have had 4 red cards and only 3 teams have less yellows in the league this year which is a fair number considering all my midfielders and my full backs are set to tackle hard. Strikers and CB are set to normal otherwise they do get sent off too often. Setting to cautious can allow players to dribble past a bit easier pulling the next player out of position to deal with it and causes them to mistime a challenge.

gaaah! Lost in the CL-final to Barcelona, they won 1-0. We played really well and I think we deserved extra time, but it just wasn't to be! Hopefully we will be back fighting for a place in the final next year aswell.

Better get started on the report...

i have just realised that i don't have a ave game from the end of my previous season so given i am in March of the following season my upcoming season review will be very short. i will then be back to normal for the current season. i will try and get this done over the weekend.

150px-AS_Cannes_New_Logo.jpg

AS CANNES - SEASON 2022/23

LIGUE 1

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Topped the league all season and, despite Lyon also racking up the points, eventually claimed our third title in four years. Our two defeats came away from home against Lyon and Lille who finished 2nd and 3rd respectively.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

We cruised through the group stages and scored freely, only losing away to Man City. We still could only finish second in the group and drew Man Utd in the first knockout round. After a tight 3-2 at home we traveled to Manchester for the second leg missing a couple of key players and lost another tightly contested match 2-0. Man Utd went on to lift the CL trophy.

COUPE DE LA LIGUE

Beaten by Lyon 2-1 in the quarter final but we would take revenge in the French Cup.

FRENCH CUP

After a superb 5-1 semi-final win against Lyon we faced Olympique Marseille in the final where we eventually, and deservedly, won the game 2-1.

TRANSFERS

Jonathan Payne - Transfer listed by Arsenal so I got him for just £7.5m and have since turned down an offer of £21m from Man City.

Magro - My marquee signing was top scorer in Ligue the previous year and after a slow start really got going in the second half of the season.

Petter Berntsen - Young LB was a cheap acquisition and having played this year in the reserves is being promoted to the first team for next year.

Eddie Baker - Needed to replace my back up keeper in January and found this guy with a minimum release clause of £6.25m.

SQUAD

Drazen Sukovic - Player of the year and the top of the Ligue 1 assist chart.

Axel Jansen - The most reliable and consistent of our front men. A real handful for any defence.

Marc Mitchell - Superb performances in the CL despite being below par in the league. Missed the second leg (and most of the second half of the season) of the CL at Old Trafford and we really missed him.

Mathieu Chauvet - Creative midfielder continues to impress.

Chagas - Our defensive rock in his first full season.

Valentin Moulin (HG) - Still the highest rated home grown prospect and the closest to the first team.

Graham Wakefield - Didn't play until the new year because of injury but has started to regain his form and attributes. I had feared him to be ruined so I was pleased with his revival.

RESERVE SQUAD

UNDER 19'S

This years youth intake has a few decent prospects, all with the potential to be leading Ligue players:

Rehin Maharivelo

Makrem Bellone

Kouadio Kouadio

Georges Ollivier

Georges Colas

Antonello Defendi

FINANCES

We finished the season with almost a £50m balance but have started upgrading both youth and training facilities and we also have a new stadium being built which will be ready in about a year. I am quite disappointed that it is only £24k approx but hopefully will expand to £40k+. We also increased youth network during the season and are now considered well established. This is how are facilities are looking now.

unlucky silkeape, great experience for you, but agonising to come so close to a completion

Great season Marty, I really like your young Portugese HG player. Bellone from your youth intake looks good too. You've got a solid squad with a young average age I'm sure, building up a great legacy there!

Yeah thanks aldojags. I'm trying to even out my spending as much as possible and am investing in youth. Trying to find cheap established players is proving very difficult. I've been looking for a right back and the one I felt would instantly improve us would cost over £50m. That's for a bloody right back.

Great season marty. I am currently in the same situation, just finished my 25/26 season and retained the Bundesliga title. In CL we got knocked out by Chelsea in the 1st Knockout Round after 2 very close games. Currently i am in pre-season and will post a report soon.

Got Inter in 1st KO round of CL. Beat them 2-1 on aggregate. Got the dreaded Barca in quarters. 1st game at home, they stormed into a 3rd minute lead. We pull level on 9 minutes. The rest of the first half is a close affair, until the 44th minute when Daniel Michel breaks through and puts us 2-1 up! I'm thinking, you beauty, if you'd offerred me that on 3 minutes I'd have bit your hand off. But more was to follow, as a corner is floated in, and it's that man Daniel Michel again, with a header, 3-1 in first half injury time. I then revert to "control". Early in 2nd half, Barca have a straight red card. I think this is my golden opportunity, to put the tie to bed in the first round, I go attack! Tony Champion immediately put's us 4-1 up, to send us into ecstasy. I sensed there were more goals, and, unfortunately, I was right, as Barca broke up against run of play, and Albert Carmona, who must have scored against us about 15 times during my career, makes it 4-2.

We go to the Camp Nou with a 2 goal advantage, but our best player on the night, Daniel Michel, will be watching from the stands as he's out for rest of season with a torn calf muscle. The burden of responsibility in our AM role now falls to club icon Oneil Tatlot, who at 30, I am thinking I will sell at end of season as injuries have robbed him of his super-human form he had for about 5-6 years. I don't know how to play the away tie, I'm thinking ultra-defensive, but I still can't see us keeping them out. I'm so annoyed I gave a goal away, 4-1 would've been a superb lead. 4-2 and it's still wide open.

AC or Man City (who in the group stages I beat 1-0 and 4-0) await in the semi's for the winner of my tie.

KielLogo.png

Holstein Kiel - 2025/2026

Season Overview

League Finish - 1st

Media Prediction - 2nd

Average Attendance - 20301

Transfers

Fernando Motta - <4(8) Apps, 1 Goal, 1 Assist, 6.84 Av R> - 1.6M Euros worth young argentinian talent. I have this transfer lined up for 2 years now.

Gil - <4(2) Apps, 1 Goal, 6.88 Av R> - Joined in January as a hot prospect for the future. Hopefully he will develop nicely.

Deílton - <8(3) Apps, 1 Assist, 6.78 Av R> - Another young player brought in January with a bright future ahead.

Nene - Not sure about him yet, didn't get to play yet so i'll have to wait and see.

Bundesliga

League Table

Graph

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Team of the Year

During the first part of the season our rivals managed to stay very close to us. After the winter break we put some distance and it was a good thing we did because we slipped up a few times late in the season and the points advantage helped us on our way to the 2nd Bundesliga title in a row.

German Cup

Fixtures

We advanced 1 round compared to last season and we got stopped by Dortmund again.

Champions League

Fixtures

Group Stage

We handled the group stage better than last season but we still finished only 2nd in the group. Inter was a team we could have beaten but we had poor finishing in both games.

1s Knockout Round

We got Chelsea this year with the first game at home. When the break came Chelsea was already leading 2-0. After the pep talk the players started to pick up the slack and got the game level. A 2-2 draw in the end that i was happy with considering we were behind 2 goals after 45 minutes. At Stamford Bridge things were not better than in the first game and we found ourselves behind 2 goals again. We somehow managed to level the game in the last minute of the game. In extra-time Chelsea had a disallowed goal but managed to score the winner in minute 113. I was disappointed but atleast it got better than last year.

The Squad

First Eleven

GK - Madson - <46 Apps, 56 Conceded, 18 Shutouts, 1 MoM, 6.94 Av R>

DR - Jaguaré - <43 Apps, 1 Goal, 5 Assists, 7.11 Av R>

DC - Hugo Cano - <33(1) Apps, 5 Goals, 1 Assist, 3 MoM, 7.12 Av R> - Team of the Year

DC - Nabil Dubois - <45 Apps, 4 Goals, 2 Assists, 1 MoM, 7.12 Av R>

DL - Alessio Natale - <44 Apps, 7.15 Av R>

MC - Esteban Mansilla - <33 Apps, 2 Goals, 6 Assists, 1 MoM, 7.06 Av R>

MC - Joel - <44 Apps, 8 Goals, 21 Assists, 4 MoM, 7.30 Av R> - Team of the Year

AMR - Silva - <46 Apps, 16 Goals, 23 Assists, 6 MoM, 7.43 Av R>

AMC - André - <41 Apps, 8 Goals, 12 Assists, 5 MoM, 7.30 Av R>

AML - Florent Sarda - <42 Apps, 9 Goals, 4 Assists, 2 MoM, 7.19 Av R>

ST - Lucas Roa - <30(1) Apps, 28 Goals, 8 Assists, 7 MoM, 7.54 Av R> - Team of the Year.

Others

Neal Evans - <16 Apps, 14 Goals, 3 Assists, 4 MoM, 7.59 Av R>

Florian Hadewicz - <15(4) Apps, 1 Goal, 7.10 Av R>

Conclusions and plans for the future

We are currently installing more seats to the stadium and improving our youth facilities. The finances are stable, what we lose during the season we get back when all the prize money come. I'm almost where i want with the squad, just a little bit more scouting.

Kiel History

[b]Season             League                         Position                     Achievements[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7853130&viewfull=1#post7853130"]2012/2013[/url]          German Third Division          14th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7877117&viewfull=1#post7877117"]2013/2014[/url]          German Third Division          9th                          N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7887550&viewfull=1#post7887550"]2014/2015[/url]          German Third Division          1st                          Promotion & Third Division Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7915217&viewfull=1#post7915217"]2015/2016[/url]          German Second Division         13th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7916502&viewfull=1#post7916502"]2016/2017[/url]          German Second Division         2nd                          Promotion
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7923190&viewfull=1#post7923190"]2017/2018[/url]          Bundesliga                     14th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7932142&viewfull=1#post7932142"]2018/2019[/url]          Bundesliga                     4th                          Qualified for Champions League, German Cup Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7940981&viewfull=1#post7940981"]2019/2020[/url]          Bundesliga                     3rd                          Qualified for Champions League, EURO Cup Quarter-Finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7940981&viewfull=1#post7940981"]2020/2021[/url]          Bundesliga                     4th                          EURO Cup Quarter-Finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7951591&viewfull=1#post7951591"]2021/2022[/url]          Bundesliga                     4th                          EURO Cup Semi-Finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7955671&viewfull=1#post7955671"]2022/2023[/url]          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, EURO Cup 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7960111&viewfull=1#post7960111"]2023/2024[/url]          Bundesliga                     2nd                          Bundesliga Runners-Up, EURO Cup 1st Knockout Round, German Cup Semi-Finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7966939&viewfull=1#post7966939"]2024/2025[/url]          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7971981&viewfull=1#post7971981"]2025/2026[/url]          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, CL 1st Knockout Round

Competition Winners

[b]Season          Bundesliga          German Cup          Champions League          EURO Cup                Euro Champ          World Cup[/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/2013       FC Bayern           Stuttgart           R. Madrid                 Man City            
2013/2014       Schalke             Leverkusen          R. Madrid                 Olympique Lyonnais                          Scotland
2014/2015       FC Bayern           Koln                Benfica                   Liverpool
2015/2016       FC Bayern           Leverkusen          Man Utd                   Roma                    Belgium
2016/2017       Leverkusen          FC Bayern           Barcelona                 Sporting
2017/2018       FC Bayern           Hoffenheim          Liverpool                 OM                                          Belgium
2018/2019       FC Bayern           Kiel                FC Bayern                 Man City
2019/2020       FC Bayern           Koln                Man Utd                   Juventus                Germany
2020/2021       FC Bayern           FC Bayern           At. Marid                 Valencia
2021/2022       FC Bayern           Mainz               Barcelona                 Sevilla                                     Croatia
2022/2023       Kiel                Mainz               Barcelona                 At. Bilbao
2023/2024       FC Bayern           Dortmund            Barcelona                 Roma                    Belgium
2024/2025       Kiel                Schalke             Inter                     Valencia            
2025/2026       Kiel                Mainz               Inter                     Benfica                                     Spain             

I'll try to get this challenge going, and therefore Real Ávila have appointed a new manager. :thup:

Ávila

Ávila is a city in Castile and León in Spain about 110km towards northwest from the capital Madrid. It is known for its remarkably well preserved medieval city walls, and the walls and the old town it surrounds are listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Ávila has about 59 000 inhabitants, and while not a big city, it still is slightly larger than Villarreal and noticably bigger than Soria (CD Numancia).

Real Ávila CF

Real Ávila was founded in 1923 as Ávila FC. In 1925 king Alfonso XIII was named as an honorary president of the club, and the club changed its name to its current denomination Real Ávila CF. The club joined the Spanish Football Federation in 1944, and began to compete in Thid Division. The history of ”Los Abulenses” is not that of great success, since their best achievement is an 8th place in Second Division B back in 87/88 and 89/90.

Real Ávila play their home games at Adolfo Suárez, which in the game can hold 5000 spectators (IRL the stadium seems to have a tad larger capacity and has some seats unlike in FM), and has fairly basic corporate facilities. Ávila U19 Squad plays at Ciudad Deportiva, which is the main stadium of Los Abulenses' local feeder club A.C. Milan Diocesanos. Interestingly, at least in the game Diocesanos are not affiliated with A.C. Milan. I tried to arrange a friendly with Diocesanos, but apparently they do not wish to play against bitter rivals... :rolleyes:

things_avila.jpg

City walls of Ávila (left) and stadium Adolfo Suárez next to local bullfighting arena (right).

welcome duccio

Barca hammerred me 3-0 in Nou Camp to put me out 5-4 on aggregate. So annoyed, I bottled it, went ultra defensive, and was 2-0 down inside 13 minutes. Shocking. I need to seriously invest in this team if it's ever going to win the CL.

real_avila_logo.png

Real Ávila CF – Season 1 – 12/13 – Second Division B3

Pre-Season

I naturally set out to rebuild the whole squad, which I did. Though, in retrospect I was a little bit too eager to get rid of my old players – I was hoping for some good free agents to eventually become interested in joining Ávila, but all of them decided to join other teams or in the end just retired before ever thinkin about Los Abulenses. I had to operate with a tiny squad and use no-hopers from U19s as a back up. At least I was able to get 2 players on loan for free from parent club Real Madrid.

Second Division B3TableGraphFixtures 1Fixtures 2

Media Prediction: 20th

Final Position: 1st

After some initial hickups the team began to play really well, and won Second Division B3 without any problems. Promotion Playoffs were a different thing, and eventhough I did manage to get to 3rd Round of the Second Phase, Elche proved to be the better team. Close, but no cigar. Great season, but Ávila not promoted.

Real Ávila Players - Squad - Transfers - Trials

Daniel Carvajal - DR

Right back on a 2 year loan from Real Madrid. I had to often play him as a DL which is not his natural position, but he did well enough.

Rodrigo Battaglia - DM

Argentinian with great attributes for this level. Didn't perform quite as well as could have been expected, but never failed either.

Mauricio Carrasco - ST

2009 Copa Libertadores winner was in great form.

Gabriel Pérez Tariffa - ST

Not as prolific as Carrasco, but was still a very effective.

Remarks

For the next season my board has decided to basically halve my wage budget (I was way under it this season). I guess they did this because the club is in the red, but I'm positive the situation can be improved next season when Los Abulenses will take part in the Spanish Cup. Anyway, the halving means that once the players I have already agreed to sign arrive, I will be paying several thousands of Pounds a week more than my board would like. The problem with this is that Ávila will be in a poor position next January when its time to approach players whose contracts are running out.

Marty78 - congrats on another league title. Impressive performance. Fingers crossed for further progress in the Cl next season

Andy Sava - congrats on another Bundesliga title. Lucas Roa is a cracking player! With him I am sure you’ll complete this challenge in the next two seasons.

Duccio - welcome and good luck

Aldojags - seriously unlucky against Barca mate. Been in that situation before – it’s knowing whether to stick or twist. I feel your pain.

My reserves were making noises that they want to play more and since the 2nd round in German Cup was coming i thought what the hell let them play. We were playing BFC Dynamo, a team that didn't even play in the third division. When half-time came Dynamo was leading 3-0.... So i get Roa in the game at half-time, he scores a hat-trick and we win in extra-time. I wish i could tell to those noisy players this: This is why you don't play in the first team you fools!!!!

EDIT: Oh and one of my defenders got sent off in the first half and we played in 10 for the rest of the game.

Andy Sava - That Roa fellow looks like an absolutely great striker. I would think not many players in the whole world could threaten his place in the 1st 11.

Thanks for your welcomes aldojags & rlipscombe.

After the very good first season with Real Ávila I thought the next season in Segunda B would be "easy". I have actually so far been in great form, but so have a few other teams. My group B3 seems to have some of the better clubs in Second Division, and the top teams have gathered more points than the best teams in other groups. After 18 games I'm in 3rd position 7 points behind leaders Alcorcon, who have only 1 loss and 1 draw. Alcorcon have 11 points more than Salamanca who lead group B1.

Just took revenge on Man Utd for last year. A new 4-3-3 counter tactic got me a 3-0 win at Old Trafford. As they are CL, Super Cup and World club championship holders I am well pleased with that. Also England have won all 3 World Cups in my game.

duccio- Unlucky in play-offs. Better luck this season.

You know you are a small club when you set a new record attendance of 1,463.

I have a long, long way to go.

marty78 - Good work against Manure. Don't throw it away in the second leg!

I've had an interested game away at Kaiserslautern. We were up 1-0 and suddenly 3 of my players wanted to go home earlier so they all got a red card. Somehow we managed to defend our lead in 8 men.

Good 1st season duccio, both your Argentine players look impressive for your level of football, hope you can push on this year, although the board halfing your wage doesn't help matters.

andy sava - i have the same issue with my reserves, they all think they are good enough to play 1st team, I give them a game in the cups or against inferior league opposition, and we lose/draw, I wish it was an option to say "you see, you are NOT good enough for 1st team!"

ES_Viry_Chatillon.jpg

Season Review 2027/28

Ligue 1

Media Prediction: 2nd

Finished: 1st

Table | Graph | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

6th title in a row. Marseille won something ridiculous like their first 15 games, I couldn't catch them until about week 22 or something, when I overtook them and ended up winning league by 4 points.

Champions League

Quarter Final | Fixtures

Don't know what happened here I had typed it out fully and put it online, but I was editing my coding and wiped most the update!! Not writing another one.

It's frustrating because I usually win my group, but I cannot get past Quarter final. Threw it away this season, 4-2 up after the first leg with Barca and blew it.

My request to expand stadium was denied, so I went to ask for new stadium, but it's already been requested? It's like it did it automatically without me asking. I can't find any details of new ground, capacity etc, it just tells me when it'll be ready, which is like 3 years away. I'm a club legend so would be good if it was named after me!

Hi Guys

Just completed this fantastic challenge, probably the most I have enjoyed one.

th_ManUtdvRBLeipzigInformation_Overview.png

I don't get a massive amount of game time in so I don't do updates, here is my end of career highlight post.

Best Memory From Early On - Easy one. My very first game in the Bundesliga, FC Bayern away. 1-0 down at half time and turning them over to win 2-1, very proud of the boys that day.

Worst Memory - a 7-0 drubbing from Dortmund.

Best Signing - hard to call between 3.

Jeroen Zoet from PSV for 250k, ended up my all time record appearance maker. The season before last I won the Europa League, it was to really be his swansong as I had bought a new keeper as he was getting on by this stage, he got a 9.6 with Man City having 19 shots on target and he just repelled them all, fitting way to end his unforgettable career with me.

Nemanja Matic from Benfica for 600k. Was exactly what I needed, was just a rock and was one of the key reasons for my success early on.

Ishak Belfodil from Lyon Reserves for free. He ended with 217 appearances scoring 157 goals, including just winning European Golden Boot.

Best Record - Kartsen Kammlott, he was instrumental in the early days but one season in particular blew me away, 2013/2014, my first in the 2. Bundesliga, league stats Played 33, Scored 48! Was unstoppable and pretty much singlehandedly took us up at the first attempt.

It's frustrating because I usually win my group, but I cannot get past Quarter final. Threw it away this season, 4-2 up after the first leg with Barca and blew it.

My request to expand stadium was denied, so I went to ask for new stadium, but it's already been requested? It's like it did it automatically without me asking. I can't find any details of new ground, capacity etc, it just tells me when it'll be ready, which is like 3 years away. I'm a club legend so would be good if it was named after me!

If it is the planning stage then they will tell you the price and capacity when planning finishes and construction begins. You may also find that the completion date moves forward by a year. I am a legend but my new stadium is named AS Cannes Stadium.:mad:

The CL is a bitch but I have finally won the group stage and play Valencia in 1st qual rnd.

Good luck with Valencia Marty.

Yeh it is still at planning stage, so I guess I'll find out in next year or so what it's going to be called etc. I hope it's 40k seats at least, I'm selling out 20k every week so I want a good deal more seats.

I was selling out 17,000 and will be at 24,500 so I'm not sure it will go as high as 40k initially. Maybe 32-36k might be more realistic. They sometimes bring the completion date forward by a year when it is three years initially so hopefully you will only have to wait 2 seasons. My 24.5k stadium is taking just a year to complete but hopefully yours will be quite a bit bigger.

I have noticed that there is a lack of quality French players in my game. Trying to find HG nation players of sufficient quality is almost impossible yet English players are awesome and they have won 3 World Cups in a row. Strange thing is when I play in England it is the other way round and there are loads of quality French players.

England have won 2 WC's in a row in my game. I must say I question the quality when 2 of my youngsters, Modeste and Alici, whilst good players for me, have senior caps, as they aren't what I expect of a France international footballer. France have dropped down to 21 in rankings in my game right enough.

To be fair they are still 2nd but the first team are pretty much all in their 30's and in the first 11 two are players for me that have gained French nationality from Germany and Brazil. I only find it strange as I normally find wonderful French regens when I play in other countries. The odd one I do find will cost me 40 or 50 million pound despite not being quite ready for my first eleven.

Nah because they do not look that much than my own youngsters at that age.

2-2 in Valencia after being 2-0 up. Both Valencia goals exactly the same, shoot from miles away and keeper parries back to striker. He won't play until after the second leg now.

Only managed a 1-0 win at home despite battering Valencia. Oh well were in the quarters anyway.

I had a bit of a mishap and managed to delete my FM saves folder (over 200GB of saves). I used a file recovery program to get the saves back, but I'm not sure of their integrity since I copied files on the HD before I noticed the whole thing. :(

Anyway, I created a new Real Ávila save. Here is my manager. Report of my new first season soon to follow...

Bad times. Good luck with Avila :thup:

Very pleased to announce that I'm 9th after 14 games. Said midtable so not lied to them so far.

1 point off of 2nd place in the group stages. Still have to play first place Ajax away though. Rangers at home should be a bit easier. Dinamo are the team I can catch so hoping they slip up to the Gers and to Ajax.

real_avila_logo.png

Real Ávila CF – Season 1 – 12/13 – Second Division B3

Second Division B3TableGraphFixtures 1Fixtures 2

Media Prediction: 17th

Final Position: 2nd

2nd place after a strong season by Los Abulenses, but even on this save the Playoffs crushed the promotion dreams. I noticed that I have too many non-EU players to be able to register them all in Liga adelante, so at least without promotion I don't have to deal with that problem.

Real Ávila Team - Squad - Transfers

Once again I rebuilt the whole squad. In the beginning of the season no one worthwhile wanted to com on loan from parent club Real Madrid, but after showing good form for the first half of the season I was able to get a few in January. I'm very very happy that striker Álvaro Morata came to Ávila, and he will also remain at the club for the next season.

Jorge Casado - DL

Loan from Real Madrid and will join Ávila on free transfer. Filled his place well, but definetely lacks stamina and strength.

Álvaro Mejía - DM

Signed on free transfer, Mejía is an experienced DM who has played about 40 games for Real Madrid first team. Will probably become captain, if my current captain, declining veteran DM Camacho, leaves.

Mauricio Carrasco - ST

2009 Copa Libertadores winner (that is what it says in his Achievements, but I wonder how many games he played) was in great form.

Álvaro Morata - ST

Great young striker on loan from Los Merengues. He can only become better, and I think he has a good chance to become a Liga BBVA class striker. I'm not quite sure he can cut it at Real Madrid though.

Remarks

Like on the previous save, Ávila is about £250K in the red and the board has decided to cut the wage budget.

Bad times. Good luck with Avila :thup:

Thanks for the good luck wishes.

I don't know how I was able to delete the whole save folder - and I've done it before with a video folder. After I swithed to Win7, it seems to sometimes select the whole folder instead of a few files inside of it. Or rather I just screw up the whole thing. :(

I'm on for the quadruple this year. Have already both domestic cups in the bag and I am 1 point clear of OM with a game in hand with 4 to play and I also face them in the CL final. Strange as this year I have been disappointed with our performances at times but we keep getting results.

Archived