FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lenzar - well done on winning division 3. Good luck next season.

Dr Poods - 4th is a great result. Good to see your finances getting back on track. European football will help a lot too. Good luck next season.

Marty78 - unlucky in the CL. Surely you’ll break into the quarter finals soon at least.

Danger_mouse - congratulations on the Cl qualification! Hopefully you can get a good draw next season. Mulder looks like a really good striker.

SV_Waldhof_Mannheim.png

SV Waldhof Mannheim – German Bundesliga – Season 2025/26

Season Preview

So after back to back titles my focus turned a little to trying to improve the squad a little in order to push for European glory whilst maintaining our form in Germany. A number of fringe players left but I also took a gamble and decided to sell Pirulito. I felt his wage demands were excessive and on top of this I want to give Delcroix and Hamberger the chance to show what they can do.

So without further ado here are the new signings.

Transfers

Full Backs

32. Muluken Okello - signed on loan from Arsenal he has great potential. I have an option to sign him so this is a season long trial for the Englishman.

36. Ninoslav Petrov - A young Serbian, Petrov joins with the future in mind. Has the potential to be a star.

Centre Backs

5. Thorbjoen Angeltveit - Norweigen centre back signed to add quality depth to our central defence. I have been tracking the Norweigen for a couple of years and I finally took the plunge.

Midfielders

34. Jonas Gloor - young Swiss defensive midfielder signed with an eye on the future.

Strikers

7. Emiliano Rolon - Argentine striker signed from River Plate. I am excited by his potential and I will look to give him some game time this season where appropriate.

The Upcoming Season

Overall it is largely the same squad that retained the title for the coming season. The squad are continuing to develop well and I am hopeful that the continuity will see us in good stead. Time will tell.

rlipscombe-Good signings there, they are all quite impressive physically. I like the centre half and striker especially, they more than look ready for your first team. The right back, I would look into maybe training him as a centre back too? Just for the versatility.

rlipscombe- Some nice work in the transfer market but what is the crack with the player faces?

I have just recently found out that I can change the numerical attributes to a graphical form and have decided to give it a whirl. The thing I like about it is that I can tell roughly how good an attribute without being able to say for definite. Does anyone else use this?

This is what it looks like.

And on an non scouted player.

You might also notice that I have Zinedine Zidane as my background picture as he is a club icon.

KielLogo.png

Holstein Kiel - 2024/2025

Season Overview

Manager Profile

League Finish - 1st

Media Prediction - 2nd

Average Attendance - 14950

Fans Player of the Year - Silva

Transfers

Florian Hadewicz - <22(1) apps, 1 goal, 2 MoM, 6.89 Av R> - I was kinda short on german players and when the opportunity came i signed Florian. He had a good season but was mostly a backup in case our main defenders got injured, which happened more this season.

Nabil Dubois - <29 apps, 4 goals, 2 MoM, 7.29 Av R> - He replaced Paulo Ferreira in the first team as i felt Ferreira was not quite good enough for our ambitions.

Lucas Roa - <12(3) apps, 14 goals, 3 assists, 5 MoM, 7.72 Av R> - My star transfer and most likely one of my key players for the future. In the first part of the season i got in a fight with him after he got 2 red cards and i put him on the bench for a few months. I brought him back in for the final battle for the title and he won us the title. Hopefully his attitude on the field will change as he tends to get to many cards.

Muçum - Backup goalkeeper, he didn't get to play any games.

André - <31(1) apps, 3 goals, 17 assists, 2 MoM, 7.29 Av R> - Another young talent i found this season but i fear his physical attributes are holding him down. Will try to get those up next season.

Bundesliga

League Table

Graph

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Team of the Year

Well i don't know how but in the end we managed to ge our hands on the title, we have been playing catch up all season long. A sweet 4-2 win away at Bayern gave us the edge and even if we didn't win the next 2 games we held on and won it with a 2-0 at home with Kaiserslautern. Dortmund was in shape this season and Bayern was just decent this time. They will probably stomp everything in Germany next season.

German Cup

After reaching the semi-finals last year we went back to geting knocked out in the 2nd round, this time against Dortmund.

Champions League

Group Stage

The group stage was tricky and we qualified in the very last game against Sporting at home. Chelsea won every game in the group.

1s Knockout Round

The 1st knockout round gave us Barcelona. We played the first game at home and we got good 1-1 draw against the winners of CL in the last 3 seasons. The away game was close for 63 minutes and the score was 2-2 but then Barcelona scored 3 more times and we lost the game 5-2. In the end it was better than i expected and hopefully we will get more lucky in next year's draw.

The Squad

I changed the tactic this season and went for a 4-2-3-1.

First Eleven

GK - Madson - <34 apps, 41 conceded, 11 shutouts, 6.92 Av R>

DR - Francesco Melchiorre - <31(3) apps, 8 assists, 2 MoM, 7.13 Av R>

DC - Hugo Cano - <40 apps, 3 goals, 3 assists, 7.18 Av R> - Team of the Year

DC - Nabil Dubois - <29 apps, 4 goals, 2 MoM, 7.29 Av R>

DL - Alessio Natale - <28(4) apps, 2 assists, 1 MoM, 7.01 Av R>

MC - Esteban Mansilla - <37(5) apps, 2 goals, 7 assists, 1 MoM, 7.03>

MC - Joel - <42(1) apps, 3 goals, 9 assists, 6.95 Av R>

AMR - Silva - <37(1) apps, 15 goals, 15 assists, 3 MoM, 7.34 Av R> - Team of the Year

AMC - André - <31(1) apps, 3 goals, 17 assists, 2 MoM, 7.29 Av R>

AML - Florent Sarda - <36(3) apps, 11 goals, 5 assists, 1 MoM, 7.22 Av R>

ST - Lucas Roa - <12(3) apps, 14 goals, 3 assists, 5 MoM, 7.72 Av R>

Others

Neal Evans - <13(3) apps, 12 goals, 5 assists, 4 MoM, 7.41 Av R>

Jaguaré - <28(11) apps, 7.06 Av R>

Santos - <10(13) apps, 10 goals, 5 assists, 1 MoM, 7.10 Av R>

Conclusions and plans for the future

Winning our second title and geting out of the CL group stage, i would say this has been a good season. I don't have any major transfers planned for now and i will probably buy only if a really good players comes my way. I will try to sell some of the players i don't use anymore.

Financially the club is good but it could be better with a few money from transfers.

The plan for next season is to work on progressing in CL.

Kiel History

[b]Season             League                         Position                     Achievements[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7853130&viewfull=1#post7853130"]2012/2013[/url]          German Third Division          14th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7877117&viewfull=1#post7877117"]2013/2014[/url]          German Third Division          9th                          N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7887550&viewfull=1#post7887550"]2014/2015[/url]          German Third Division          1st                          Promotion & Third Division Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7915217&viewfull=1#post7915217"]2015/2016[/url]          German Second Division         13th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7916502&viewfull=1#post7916502"]2016/2017[/url]          German Second Division         2nd                          Promotion
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7923190&viewfull=1#post7923190"]2017/2018[/url]          Bundesliga                     14th                         Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7932142&viewfull=1#post7932142"]2018/2019[/url]          Bundesliga                     4th                          Qualified for Champions League, German Cup Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7940981&viewfull=1#post7940981"]2019/2020[/url]          Bundesliga                     3rd                          Qualified for Champions League, EURO Cup Quarter-Finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7940981&viewfull=1#post7940981"]2020/2021[/url]          Bundesliga                     4th                          EURO Cup Quarter-Finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7951591&viewfull=1#post7951591"]2021/2022[/url]          Bundesliga                     4th                          EURO Cup Semi-Finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7955671&viewfull=1#post7955671"]2022/2023[/url]          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, EURO Cup 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7960111&viewfull=1#post7960111"]2023/2024[/url]          Bundesliga                     2nd                          Bundesliga Runners-Up, EURO Cup 1st Knockout Round, German Cup Semi-Finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7966939&viewfull=1#post7966939"]2024/2025[/url]          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, CL 1st Knockout Round

Competition Winners

[b]Season          Bundesliga          German Cup          Champions League          EURO Cup                Euro Champ          World Cup[/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/2013       FC Bayern           Stuttgart           R. Madrid                 Man City            
2013/2014       Schalke             Leverkusen          R. Madrid                 Olympique Lyonnais                          Scotland
2014/2015       FC Bayern           Koln                Benfica                   Liverpool
2015/2016       FC Bayern           Leverkusen          Man Utd                   Roma                    Belgium
2016/2017       Leverkusen          FC Bayern           Barcelona                 Sporting
2017/2018       FC Bayern           Hoffenheim          Liverpool                 OM                                          Belgium
2018/2019       FC Bayern           Kiel                FC Bayern                 Man City
2019/2020       FC Bayern           Koln                Man Utd                   Juventus                Germany
2020/2021       FC Bayern           FC Bayern           At. Marid                 Valencia
2021/2022       FC Bayern           Mainz               Barcelona                 Sevilla                                     Croatia
2022/2023       Kiel                Mainz               Barcelona                 At. Bilbao
2023/2024       FC Bayern           Dortmund            Barcelona                 Roma                    Belgium
2024/2025       Kiel                Schalke             Inter                     Valencia                    

Yes it's so much bigger than Bundesliga since you only get the best of the best after the group stages.

And oh my god Kiel has been chosen as the city to host the 2032 Olympics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Città di Pontedera are in the CL-semis for the first time ever after a 5-3. agg victory over Jose Mourinhos Manchester City! After losing 2-1 in Manchester, we fought back and won 4-1 at home in an amazing game. The faces of the other people sitting in this cafe at the Helsinki airport when the referee blew the final whistle and I could celebrate where priceless. In the semis we are up against the red side of Manchester, who beat us last year in the first K.O rounds.

Well done on finishing 4th Dr Poods, and so soon, took me ten seasons to get that far. :o Obviously 4th only gets you in the EC, interesting to see how that progresses, in my game France are 3rd in the seedings and rising (meaning we get 4 CL places).

Excellent season marty78, unlucky against Milan, next season maybe..

Well done Lenzar on getting promotion at the first time of asking.

Congrats on qualifying for the CL danger_mouse.

Wow, Andy Sava, great season and Kiel for the Olympics, be great if Vitré got the olympics in my game.

I think I have won every major club trophy now after an unconvincing 7-1 win over Vélez in the CWC final. ;) Hamilton Rodrigues got a hat-trick in both rounds. I'm having a less convincing season this time but still very much in every competition.

Wow, on a backroom advice meeting it was suggested to scout quite possibly the best player in my game, Fred Sellers of Manchester United. Scout report back, 4.5 stars and would be interested in joining, problem, recommended bid in excess of £36m and his current wage is £115k a week.

profile - report

Aldojags - cheers mate. I was happy with my signings too.

Marty78 - ha ha!! The player faces is because the main computer I play the game on doesn’t have a great graphics card so faces don’t work properly…. It’s strange when I play on our laptop – I can put faces to names!! J

Andy Sava - congrats on retaining the Bundesliga title. With a more favourable draw next season I am sure you can reach the CL quarters at least…

As for my season, I have actually finished it and am in the following season. I need to get a review written up and posted. Hopefully I can get this done in the coming days…

Big signings galore from me. Sold players for £27 million worth. Including 3 players to Dortmund! I have pretty much replaced my whole team. Gladbach got relegated which allowed me to steal Ter Stegen off them for £2.5 million! Very chuffed. Still not scored in my only friendly or in the German Super Cup where Dortmund beat me 2-0 :(

Still, the midfield looks good. Just need to put away the chances.

good luck silkeape. could it be another completion...?

Well, let's just say: Manchester-0, Pontedera 2.!!!!!!!!!!!

We are in the CL-finals against Carlo Ancelotti's legendary Barcelona side. Uncertain how much I will get around to play as I am currently in Beijing working, but hopefully I will squeeze in some time to play the most exciting game of my FM-career since my last CL-final on FM05.

Hi guys

I'd like to get this challenge up and running for a few months before the release of FM13 (I assume the challenge will be on again?!) and was wondering which country has the least foreigner restrictions? If there are any other particular pros or cons to any of the leagues I'd also welcome your input.

Cheers

Seb

saab600 - Germany has the least restrictions in the first division. In the 3rd division, where you will start, you will be required to have 4 under 23 german players in your first team. From all the countries in the challenge Germany is probably the easy one due to the fact there are absolutely no restrictions on player nationalities in Bundesliga. Don't think you will auto complete the challenge though :p you may dominate Bundesliga but Champions League is at a whole different level.

saab600- France includes lots of extra nations as European (including most of Africa) and allows 4 non-European players on top. Don't forget that you will still need HG players when it comes to CL registration.

I'm into the group stages of the Europa League! A 2-2 draw away to Celtic was followed by a 1-0 win at home. However, that sandwiched a 3-0 loss at home to Kaiserslautern which isn't the greatest. Still struggling to find my best strike pairing. Joshua King, on loan from Man Utd, has scored a few so far so he's my only definite.

Well done minisav, who is in your group? Saab- in the champions league the restrictions are you need a squad of 25 players, 4 of whom have to have been. At your club for 3 years before they were 18. And overall you need 8 players who were based in your country for the same amount of time. So you cant fill your squad full of foreigners unless you signed them as 15 year olds and have had trhem for over 3 years. So basically 17 players from anywhere, 8 from country your playing in, and 4 of them need to be at your club as a youth for 3 years. If u cant fill these quotas you need to leave space in squad. But u have a while to sort that out when ur progressing thru the challenge.

Thanks everyone for the advice above. Here we go..

Logo.png

TuS Koblenz FC - saab600 - Season 1 - First Post

I actually remember going to Koblenz when I was a kid so managing them was a no-brainer.

Here are the required screenshots. I'll hopefully make some headway tonight and get an update done over the weekend.

Personal Page

Club Overview

Manager Profile

Club Information

Squad

They are affectionately known as 'Die Schangel'. It basically means people who were born in Koblenz. Given my queries on foreigner restrictions in earlier posts, you can probably guess that there won't be too many 'Schangels' in my team.......

Looking forward to sharing this experience with the forum, should have started this ages ago.

Speak soon

saab600

Ive made it into the group stages of the CL, I beat Werder Bremen 7-1 on agg. In my group i have Man City, Juventus and Shakhtar. This is possibly the hardest group this year. I dont expect to make it through but im looking forward to the monet. :cool:

Out of the CL again in 1st knockout round 4-3 on aggregate. Man Utd this time. So far I have drawn Real Madrid, Barca, AC Milan and Man Utd after qualifying from the group stage and I could do with a lucky draw one year.

Lucas Roa is absolutely superb so far this season scoring 17 goals in 11 games. Sitting in 1st place for now and going strong in CL before the double with Inter.

EDIT: So, i freakin hate this game. I finally had a great player at the team in Lucas Roa. And the stupid game decides he needs to be stopped and got him injured keeping him away for 4 months!

Just got my youth intake. It's the first intake I've had since I got the recruitment increased to "well established". I wish it showed!

Signing 3 players from it. The first is a 2.5 striker, Loris Lecarpentier, who looks ok, but 2.5 won't ever really make it to first team regular. But could be good squad player. not much to look at all.

The next, is 2 star full back, Mahamadou Dembele. Again, nothing to look at it, but we'll see.

Allegedly, the best player from this years youth intake, and according the my coaches, potentially one of the best players of his generation (similar to Roger's description when he came through) is 3.5 right winger Bryan Charles. I do not see the fuss. He is weak in every area of his game except for a small amount of pace, and I know he's only 14, but I don't see how this guy will ever be a French international. 3.5 stars PA means if he fulfills it, he'll pretty much be a French regular, but I'll be amazed if he produces it. Same with Mahamadou Fomba from last year, he has 3.5 PA, but isn't much to look at, he's progressed slightly this season, still not thinking he'll be as good as coaches say. Plus I play a pretty narrow formation with no wingers, and although he's competent at right back, I'll be surprised to see this player get to 3.5. Do any of you ever get these wild predictions? Thats been a few years now since I got Roger through, who right away at 15, you could tell would make a class player, and so it has proved. But this guy looks dreadful!

aldojags- I look more at coach reports than just star ratings and anything above 2 stars for me is a good Ligue 1 player. A player may never make the first team but could have value from sales. I got a total of £6.4m (including selling his clauses) for a youth product who I didn't really rate. Also don't forget that Charles is two footed which uses up a fair bit of CA. A two footed winger can be a great asset. My entire reserve side (3rd in CFA) is made up of youth graduates on low wages who will back up the first team.

Archived