FM12: F.C. Barcelona – Més que un club

Nice additions to the squad.

Where is Muniesa? Why do you need a star LW? You have Muniain (great buy), Villa, Pedro, Sanchez and Afellay who can play in that position, not to mention also Deulofeu. How is Deulofeu btw? Can you post a screenshot of his attributes? But if you insist on getting a star LW, then Neymar is better option than Goetze IMO because of his finishing. The German looks to be more of a playmaking winger than a goalscoring one. You can still buy Goetze and train him to be a MC along with Iniesta, Fabregas and Thiago, since Xavi is aging and probably declining.

Just sold Muniesa in this transfer window as he wasn't developing as I had hoped. I literally tried everything from tutoring, match experience with me and loaning out with others but he didn't seem to get much better so I cut my losses and sold him. Fontas and Bartra are in my first team set-up so I've still got home-grown players in there. Not sure why I need a star LW but think my squad needs some freshening up. Villa is getting on abit and is becoming quite injury prone, Muniain is usually back up to Messi although he covers LW too, Sanchez (1st choice) and Pedro cover RW and Afellay can deputise in any position but due to recent injuries has seen himself playing at CM. Deulofeu is doing OK, but he isn't ready for 1st team action just yet:

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8041/gerarddeulofeuoverviewa.png

Just missed out on Neymar actually :(, to R.Madrid of all teams. They decided to lodge a bid a couple days before the transfer deadline so I felt obliged to counter bid, unfortunately he accepted their offer of £140,000 a week. Yeah that's true, good idea. It's between Goetze and Lucas Moura or I might even get both!

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good start. Yeah, your CL group seems very tough, good luck.

You should get extra cash in the transfer budget on Nov. 1st. In my save, when I started with no transfers allowed in the first window, I got 70M euros on Nov. 1st.

Thank you :) Yeah it was a tough group but managed to qualify top with 3 wins and 3 draws. I was going through a bad patch around November and drew the last 3 games :/

Been paired up with FCP in the first knockout round which is just a few more games round the corner. I will also face Villareal in the Spanish cup final in April.

Ended up with no additions throughout the winter period although I was very tempted to buy "Lahm". Put a little comment in the media regarding "Gotze" but he didn't seem interested in joining.

Promoted "Rafiniha" to the first team as he was doing well for the u21's and I wanted him to train with the big boys, Man UTD have took a liking to him. Being tutored by Messi himself :)

I tried uploading a pic of the league but it didn't work, said "undefined"? 1 point behind Real Madrid with 2 games in hand.

Thank you :) Yeah it was a tough group but managed to qualify top with 3 wins and 3 draws. I was going through a bad patch around November and drew the last 3 games :/

Been paired up with FCP in the first knockout round which is just a few more games round the corner. I will also face Villareal in the Spanish cup final in April.

Ended up with no additions throughout the winter period although I was very tempted to buy "Lahm". Put a little comment in the media regarding "Gotze" but he didn't seem interested in joining.

Promoted "Rafiniha" to the first team as he was doing well for the u21's and I wanted him to train with the big boys, Man UTD have took a liking to him. Being tutored by Messi himself :)

I tried uploading a pic of the league but it didn't work, said "undefined"? 1 point behind Real Madrid with 2 games in hand.

Very good start to your Barca career :D I would highly recommend "Lahm" and unfortunately "Gotze" requires a huge transfer bid, which is actually stupidly high. By the way, try uploading to Photobucket, very good place to upload images.

Very good start to your Barca career :D I would highly recommend "Lahm" and unfortunately "Gotze" requires a huge transfer bid, which is actually stupidly high. By the way, try uploading to Photobucket, very good place to upload images.

Thanks mate :)

fixtures.jpg

These have been my last few fixtures (went on to win 3-0 at home against Inter), playing Napoli in the final lol

team.jpg

My team, as you can see Sanchez has done very well for me although he still frustrates the life out of me with the amount of CCc's he misses!lol

Thanks mate :)

fixtures.jpg

These have been my last few fixtures (went on to win 3-0 at home against Inter), playing Napoli in the final lol

team.jpg

My team, as you can see Sanchez has done very well for me although he still frustrates the life out of me with the amount of CCc's he misses!lol

Good to see you got your pictures working :D Sanchez doesn't have the best ability when it comes to shooting, but he still scores a lot of goals!

Too all those who frequently watch Barca play, should Iniesta, Xavi, Messi et al. have through balls often? And should the front three have run with ball often?

Both these instructions are contradictory to a passing game, as a through ball is generally the final pass, whereas running with the ball can often lead into either losing possession, or running past the midfielders, meaning the midfielders see less of the ball.

Opinions?

Too all those who frequently watch Barca play, should Iniesta, Xavi, Messi et al. have through balls often? And should the front three have run with ball often?

Both these instructions are contradictory to a passing game, as a through ball is generally the final pass, whereas running with the ball can often lead into either losing possession, or running past the midfielders, meaning the midfielders see less of the ball.

Opinions?

In my tactic, no one has TTB and RWB on often - I have these on mixed for the attacking 5 (2MCs, AMR/L and STC) and rarely for the back 4+ DM.

In my tactic, no one has TTB and RWB on often - I have these on mixed for the attacking 5 (2MCs, AMR/L and STC) and rarely for the back 4+ DM.

Xavi, Iniesta and Messi have the ppm 'tries killer ball often' and Messi has 'runs with ball often'. This means that these players will still play through balls often and Messi will still run with ball often. Would you say they shouldnt have these ppm's then?

Xavi, Iniesta and Messi have the ppm 'tries killer ball often' and Messi has 'runs with ball often'. This means that these players will still play through balls often and Messi will still run with ball often. Would you say they shouldnt have these ppm's then?

They also have other PPMs and very good decision attribute. For me, Xavi and Iniesta don't play through balls often, despite having that PPM. Messi doesn't run with the ball every time either. He actually leads the way with the most key passes made, but he doesn't lead any ranking with dribbles made.

If you want to put their through balls and runs with the ball in-check, then use lower mentality, lower creative freedom and mixed instructions. Another helpful instruction is to use slower team tempo.

Just about to start a Barca save, any tips?

Here is a tip: read the thread. There are plenty of helpful things posted already.

My season has really gathered momentum in recent weeks. A third win in 3 Clasicos has left us 8 points clear after 15 matches. We’ve won every game so far in all competitions, bar a 3-3 slip up away to Athletic in Bilbao. What I’ve found most impressive so far though is the amount of goals we’ve scored – almost an average of 4 a game over the 30 competitive outings to date! The defence has been as solid as I’ve managed in the past, averaging just over half a goal a game, but the goal difference is exactly +100.

Played: 30

Won: 29

Drawn: 1

Lost: 0

Goals For: 116

Goals Against 16

On a side note, Dani Alves was banned from all 6 competitions at one stage – La Liga, CL, Spanish Cup, Spanish Super Cup, Euro Super Cup and World Club Championships! Luckily he was also injured at the same time so was unavailable anyway.

Results since last update

Barcelona 4-0 Racing

Sanchez (3)

Messi

CSKA Moscow 0-1 Barcelona

Villa

Barcelona 5-0 Sevilla

Messi (4)

Xavi

Hospitalet 0-7 Barcelona

Villa (2)

Thiago (2)

Iniesta

Afellay

Sanchez

Barcelona 5-1 Mallorca

Messi (3)

Sanchez

Fabregas

Barcelona 2-0 CSKA Moscow

Messi (2)

Athletic 3-3 Barcelona

Messi (2)

Villa

Barcelona 4-0 Hospitalet

Pique

Pedro

Sanchez

Xavi

Barcelona 2-1 Zaragoza

Xavi

Villa

Barcelona 7-0 Dortmund

Pedro (3)

Messi

Villa (2)

Thiago

Getafe 0-5 Barcelona

Adriano

Messi (2)

Sanchez (2)

Basel 1-3 Barcelona

Pedro

Villa (2)

Barcelona 7-0 Levante

Pedro (5)

Messi

Villa

Granada 0-4 Barcelona

Messi (3)

Sanchez

R. Madrid 2-4 Barcelona

Messi (2)

Villa

Pedro

Monterrey 1-3 Barcelona

Thiago Silva

Messi

Villa

Santos 0-4 Barcelona

Messi

Pique

Thiago Silva

Villa

Barcelona 4-0 Levante

Messi (2)

Pedro (2)

Levante 0-4 Barcelona

Sanchez

Pedro

Messi

Pique

Next up, the Barcelona derby with Espanyol! Hopefully this form can carry on for a little bit longer :D

My season has really gathered momentum in recent weeks. A third win in 3 Clasicos has left us 8 points clear after 15 matches. We’ve won every game so far in all competitions, bar a 3-3 slip up away to Athletic in Bilbao. What I’ve found most impressive so far though is the amount of goals we’ve scored – almost an average of 4 a game over the 30 competitive outings to date! The defence has been as solid as I’ve managed in the past, averaging just over half a goal a game, but the goal difference is exactly +100.

Played: 30

Won: 29

Drawn: 1

Goals For: 116

Goals Against 16

On a side note, Dani Alves was banned from all 6 competitions at one stage – La Liga, CL, Spanish Cup, Spanish Super Cup, Euro Super Cup and World Club Championships! Luckily he was also injured at the same time so was unavailable anyway.

Barcelona 4-0 Racing

Sanchez (3)

Messi

CSKA Moscow 0-1 Barcelona

Villa

Barcelona 5-0 Sevilla

Messi (4)

Xavi

Hospitalet 0-7 Barcelona

Villa (2)

Thiago (2)

Iniesta

Afellay

Sanchez

Barcelona 5-1 Mallorca

Messi (3)

Sanchez

Fabregas

Barcelona 2-0 CSKA Moscow

Messi (2)

Athletic 3-3 Barcelona

Messi (2)

Villa

Barcelona 4-0 Hospitalet

Pique

Pedro

Sanchez

Xavi

Barcelona 2-1 Zaragoza

Xavi

Villa

Barcelona 7-0 Dortmund

Pedro (3)

Messi

Villa (2)

Thiago

Getafe 0-5 Barcelona

Adriano

Messi (2)

Sanchez (2)

Basel 1-3 Barcelona

Pedro

Villa (2)

Barcelona 7-0 Levante

Pedro (5)

Messi

Villa

Granada 0-4 Barcelona

Messi (3)

Sanchez

R. Madrid 2-4 Barcelona

Messi (2)

Villa

Pedro

Monterrey 1-3 Barcelona

Thiago Silva

Messi

Villa

Santos 0-4 Barcelona

Messi

Pique

Thiago Silva

Villa

Barcelona 4-0 Levante

Messi (2)

Pedro (2)

Levante 0-4 Barcelona

Sanchez

Pedro

Messi

Pique

Next up, the Barcelona derby with Espanyol! Hopefully this form can carry on for a little bit longer :D

Very impressive results, how are you lining up the team? Classic 4-1-2-2-1 formation?

I have to say Alexis Sanchez is absolutely unbelievable in my game and is the 3rd name on my team sheet along with Pique and Messi. Had all my strikers (Villa, Muniain, Messi and my regen) injured so I was forced to play him there for 2 games. Switched his role to Poacher and he ended up scoring 8 goals in 2 games, he just breezes past defenders as if they aren't there! Atleast I know now if worse comes to worse he can play there if need be.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4549/alexissnchezoverviewatt.png

Also, he's now valued alongside Messi on £36M.

Very impressive results, how are you lining up the team? Classic 4-1-2-2-1 formation?

Pretty much - I usually build my tactics in classic mode, but thought I'd set up something simple using the TC to start with and it's working like a dream! Have just beaten Espanyol 3-0 away now too. This is my lineup:

GK: Sweeper Keeper - Defend

DCL: Central Defender - Stopper

DCR: Central Defender - Cover

DM: Anchor Man - Defend

WBL: Wing Back - Attack

WBR: Wing Back - Attack

MCL: Advanced Playmaker - Support

MCR: Deep Lying Playmaker - Support

AML: Inside Forward - Attack

AMR: Inside Forward - Attack

ST: Trequartista - Attack

Philosphy: Very Fluid

Strategy: Attacking

Passing Style: Shorter

Creative Freedom: More Expressive

Closing Down: Press More

Tackling: Mixed

Marking: Mixed

Crossing: Mixed

Roaming: More Roaming

Defensive Line: Push Up (Very High)

Width: Wide (Very High)

Temp: Normal (2/3 way up)

Time Wasting: Rarely (Very low)

Focus Passing: Mixed

Counter Attack: Yes

Play Offside: Yes

Playmaker - MCR (Xavi)

Target Man - ST (Messi): To Feet

All of the players have individual instructions too, generally focussed on not many long shots or crosses and a lot of passing and hard work getting the ball back.

The wingbacks pretty much play as wingers, with the two wide forwards dropping inside to form a front 3. In reality, it looks like an old fashioned 2-3-5 on the pitch! I've regularly used Pedro and Afellay as those wide players. I want a more natural left sided winger/wing back, so am trying to bring in Gareth Bale at the moment.

I have to say Alexis Sanchez is absolutely unbelievable in my game and is the 3rd name on my team sheet along with Pique and Messi. Had all my strikers (Villa, Muniain, Messi and my regen) injured so I was forced to play him there for 2 games. Switched his role to Poacher and he ended up scoring 8 goals in 2 games, he just breezes past defenders as if they aren't there! Atleast I know now if worse comes to worse he can play there if need be.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4549/alexissnchezoverviewatt.png

Also, he's now valued alongside Messi on £36M.

Sanchez has been very impressive for me too mate! With a higher finishing stat, he would be an absolute beast.

Ok, my time to brag a little bit.

Finally I managed to finish my first season on FM12. It was a great season - went undefeated overall, winning everything (both Supercups, Club World Cup, La Liga, Copa del Rey and Champions League) and Messi had a HUGE season.

La Liga:

laligastanding.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The 4 games I drew were against Villareal (twice), Sevilla (at home) and Bilbao (at home). I beat Real M 1-0 away and 4-1 at home with a hat-trick from Messi. Real M were close and actually leading La Liga for half of the season, but I pulled away from them in the last two months.

La Liga player stats:

laligaplayerstats.jpg

La Liga Team of the season:

laligateamoftheseason.jpg

In the Copa del Rey, I got past Valencia, Sevilla, Real M and Villarreal in the final.

In the CL, I was in a group with Marseille, Trabzonspor and Basel. Won all games, conceding only one goal in the final game of the group. Then I eliminated the following teams:

Ajax - win 3-1 and 3-0

Man United - win 1-0 and 2-0

Lille - win 1-0 and 7-0 (Messi had 6 goals!)

The final was against Real M, which I beat 4-0 (Sanchez, Neymar, Puyol and Pedro scoring).

Here is Messi punishsing Lille in the second leg:

spunishment.jpg

In the Club World Cup I beat Santos 4-0 and then Neymar transferred to me in January.

Just want to post a few more screenshots from the first season.

CL player stats:

clplayerstats.jpg

CL Dream team:

63325617.jpg

Manager Overview:

managerhome.jpg

Squad Stats:

75577945.jpg

How is that for a season from Messi? Like I said, he had a HUGE season. I'm only a little disappointed I didn't get more out of Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas. But that is something I will try to improve with my tactic in the second season.

Speaking of the next season, I've already secured two new signings. Thiago Silva is coming from AC Milan to partner Pique in the back. I'm paying 27M euros up front and 28M over 48 months. The other player that is coming over is Jose Angel as my new left back. I sold Abidal to Marseille for 10M euros and I'm going to sell Maxwell too. Eric got injured and missed the last two months of the season. Adriano was unhappy and requested a transfer. Therefore I had to promote Muniesa and he did very well. So I will have Muniesa and Jose Angel to rotate at left back. After the season ended so successfully, Adriano requested to stay, so I will keep him for now because of his versatility. I don't plan on buying anyone else, except maybe a back up GK and I'm going to probably promote Deulofeu to the first team and have him tutored by someone. Xavi has begun to decline a little bit so I will have to adjust his training schedule and insert Fabregas into the starting XI.

This is what my squad will look like:

GK - Valdes / Mino (or some other back up)

DR - Alves / Montoya / Adriano

DL - Jose Angel / Muniesa / Adriano

DCR - Thiago Silva / Bartra

DCL - Pique / Puyol

DM - Busquets / Mascherano

MCR - Fabregas / Xavi

MCL - Iniesta / Thiago Alcantara

AMR - Pedro / Sanchez / Deulofeu

AML - Neymar / Sanchez / Deulofeu

STC - Messi / Villa / Neymar

BTW, Bartra has developed really well and is selected by Del Bosque in the Spanish NT for the Euro 2012. He might push really strong next season for a starting spot. Montoya hasn't develop as much and I will see what is going to happen to him.

I will keep playing and updating. Any suggestions for back-up GK?

Following on from my demo Barcelona save which was very successful (11 wins from 11 in the league) I have started a new Barcelona save on the full game using the same formations.

My formations are two variations on 3-4-3 and get great possession stats, lots of goals (for Messi in particular) and a very solid defence.

Pre-season went very well. We won every game comfortably, including a 9-1 win over an American team, with Messi scoring six goals. All together Messi scored 17 in 6 pre-season games, even though he was subbed off early in most of them.

So far in the league we have won 9 from 9, without conceding but we haven't scored as many as on the demo. Mainly responsible for this is an injury to Fabregas which has kept him him out of most matches so far and when he did regain fitness Messi got injured for 3 weeks so they haven't yet played together.

ligabbvaoverviewstages.png

Our possession stats have been very good, usually around the 70% mark. The total number of passes is slightly disappointing, usually around 450-500 and Xavi best passing performance was 74 in a match but is usually around 40-50. However, that's not hugely important as the most important thing is that we are winning, scoring goals and conceding few. My best possession stats in a match was against Racing.

barcelonavracingstatsma.png

Messi has not been quite as good as on the demo but I think that's mostly due to Fabregas being injured. He's still good enough to do this though...

valenciavbarcelonainfor.png

Just want to post a few more screenshots from the first season.

CL player stats:

clplayerstats.jpg

CL Dream team:

63325617.jpg

Manager Overview:

managerhome.jpg

Squad Stats:

75577945.jpg

How is that for a season from Messi? Like I said, he had a HUGE season. I'm only a little disappointed I didn't get more out of Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas. But that is something I will try to improve with my tactic in the second season.

Speaking of the next season, I've already secured two new signings. Thiago Silva is coming from AC Milan to partner Pique in the back. I'm paying 27M euros up front and 28M over 48 months. The other player that is coming over is Jose Angel as my new left back. I sold Abidal to Marseille for 10M euros and I'm going to sell Maxwell too. Eric got injured and missed the last two months of the season. Adriano was unhappy and requested a transfer. Therefore I had to promote Muniesa and he did very well. So I will have Muniesa and Jose Angel to rotate at left back. After the season ended so successfully, Adriano requested to stay, so I will keep him for now because of his versatility. I don't plan on buying anyone else, except maybe a back up GK and I'm going to probably promote Deulofeu to the first team and have him tutored by someone. Xavi has begun to decline a little bit so I will have to adjust his training schedule and insert Fabregas into the starting XI.

This is what my squad will look like:

GK - Valdes / Mino (or some other back up)

DR - Alves / Montoya / Adriano

DL - Jose Angel / Muniesa / Adriano

DCR - Thiago Silva / Bartra

DCL - Pique / Puyol

DM - Busquets / Mascherano

MCR - Fabregas / Xavi

MCL - Iniesta / Thiago Alcantara

AMR - Pedro / Sanchez / Deulofeu

AML - Neymar / Sanchez / Deulofeu

STC - Messi / Villa / Neymar

BTW, Bartra has developed really well and is selected by Del Bosque in the Spanish NT for the Euro 2012. He might push really strong next season for a starting spot. Montoya hasn't develop as much and I will see what is going to happen to him.

I will keep playing and updating. Any suggestions for back-up GK?

could you please put your tactic for upload? would be appreciated

Just started a Barcelona save the other night, I always start each game with them as they're my favorite team. I tried to sign no one, but ended up signing Jan Vertonghen as I'm a big fan.

I play a 3-1-3-3 as a backup, but mostly a 4-5-1 which dominates. I had a rocky preseason trying to force the odd formation, then Messi erupted with 6 goals and I stuck with the 4-5-1. I drew the second match of the season against Sociedad but I haven't dropped points since then.

I hate how the B team is setup, you can't mentor players there so I tend to pull the ones I'm interested in out, unfortunately, and they're in the drop zone. I left Kiko there and Muniesa, but just promoted the latter. Anyone else get bothered by this? I promoted JDS as well, and Bartra and Fontas.

I like Montoya but he's a bit whiny, I've given Deulofeu about 6-7 games already including a few cup starts and he's rewarded me. I've even played him in CL fixtures and his average is around 7.1 or so, Villa tutored him. Everyone's average is 7.5+ except I have trouble finding good position to play Thiago. I have my team perfect almost, and don't like signing players as it sort of cheapens the game when I have 60m available, but I have been looking at Marc-Andre Ter Stegen.

My biggest result is a 11-0 win over Betis, we were up 7-0 at half. :D I've beaten/drawn Madrid every match, including a come from behind win 4-3, when down 3-2...VV saved a Cristiano penalty. I got all 18 from the CL groups.

I like watching my players grow, but I don't have room for Puyol (who has a torn hamstring out for another month), Vertonghen, Pique, Fontas, Muniesa, Bartra, and Mascherano. Same with midfield, but I love retiring my players. Afellay has barely played unfortunately.

Edit: I'm bringing Guardado in on a free in the summer, hes one of my favorite players and will play the roaming left wing perfectly, and Yaya Sanogo on free to fill my one-Yaya-per-team requirement.

could you please put your tactic for upload? would be appreciated

Look at post #135. That is my tactic in a nutshell.

Take a look at Marc-Andre Ter Stegen, young GK from Gladbach... From the start, I believe his contracts ends summer 2012 or 2013... you may be able to snap him up for cheap(ish...) ;)

Thanks for the recommendation, but I've already got a back-up - 35-year old Morgan De Sanchtis from Napoli. I was able to get him for only 5M euros. Gladbach were refusing 25M euros for Stegen.

Just started a Barcelona save the other night, I always start each game with them as they're my favorite team. I tried to sign no one, but ended up signing Jan Vertonghen as I'm a big fan.

I play a 3-1-3-3 as a backup, but mostly a 4-5-1 which dominates. I had a rocky preseason trying to force the odd formation, then Messi erupted with 6 goals and I stuck with the 4-5-1. I drew the second match of the season against Sociedad but I haven't dropped points since then.

I hate how the B team is setup, you can't mentor players there so I tend to pull the ones I'm interested in out, unfortunately, and they're in the drop zone. I left Kiko there and Muniesa, but just promoted the latter. Anyone else get bothered by this? I promoted JDS as well, and Bartra and Fontas.

I like Montoya but he's a bit whiny, I've given Deulofeu about 6-7 games already including a few cup starts and he's rewarded me. I've even played him in CL fixtures and his average is around 7.1 or so, Villa tutored him. Everyone's average is 7.5+ except I have trouble finding good position to play Thiago. I have my team perfect almost, and don't like signing players as it sort of cheapens the game when I have 60m available, but I have been looking at Marc-Andre Ter Stegen.

My biggest result is a 11-0 win over Betis, we were up 7-0 at half. :D I've beaten/drawn Madrid every match, including a come from behind win 4-3, when down 3-2...VV saved a Cristiano penalty. I got all 18 from the CL groups.

I like watching my players grow, but I don't have room for Puyol (who has a torn hamstring out for another month), Vertonghen, Pique, Fontas, Muniesa, Bartra, and Mascherano. Same with midfield, but I love retiring my players. Afellay has barely played unfortunately.

Edit: I'm bringing Guardado in on a free in the summer, hes one of my favorite players and will play the roaming left wing perfectly, and Yaya Sanogo on free to fill my one-Yaya-per-team requirement.

What kind of 4-5-1 are you using? Where is Thiago playing and what kind of instructions have you given him? On my save, he has been as good as and sometimes better than Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas.

Look at post #135. That is my tactic in a nutshell.

Thanks for the recommendation, but I've already got a back-up - 35-year old Morgan De Sanchtis from Napoli. I was able to get him for only 5M euros. Gladbach were refusing 25M euros for Stegen.

What kind of 4-5-1 are you using? Where is Thiago playing and what kind of instructions have you given him? On my save, he has been as good as and sometimes better than Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas.

I say he hsan'tbeen performing loosely. He's great but my whole squad average around 7.5 so his 7 looks bad. I play

SWK-S

WB-A BPD-D LD-D WB-S

DLP-S (anchor man for big games with Masch)

ADP-S ADP-A

IF IF

T-Messi

With some variations, making Cesc BTB sometimes, etc.

Season Update

I've played a full season as Barcelona boss now and it's been fun! I've managed to win everything going this season, but no less is expected when you are the Barcelona manager. We made £114mil profit last season which is fantastic and I will be heavily investing in youth players this season. I have a £135mil transfer budget, but I doubt ill even spend a quarter of that. I'm going to sell a few players probably and look to cut the wage bill as much as possible.

Super Cup - (0 - 0) (1 - 0) Vs Real Madrid

Euro Super Cup - (1 - 0) Vs Porto

Club World Championship - (6 - 0) Vs Okayama FC

Spanish Cup - (4 - 0) Vs Real Madrid

Champions League - (2 - 1) Vs Lyon

Here is the league table and player stats.

LIGABBVAOverview_Stages-3.png

LIGABBVAStats_PlayerStats-2.png

Here is a player i got in my youth system, a 6'9" CB! He has loads of potential according to the coach reports. I've currently got Puyol tutoring him and got his Determination up to 19 from 14. The lad certainly looks like he can take Puyol's place once he retired :D

JosManuelParadsOverview_Attributes.png

Apart from this player, I haven't really got anything in the youth, apart from maybe 1 or 2 players who might have a chance to make the grade, but I highly doubt it!

Season Update

I've played a full season as Barcelona boss now and it's been fun! I've managed to win everything going this season, but no less is expected when you are the Barcelona manager. We made £114mil profit last season which is fantastic and I will be heavily investing in youth players this season. I have a £135mil transfer budget, but I doubt ill even spend a quarter of that. I'm going to sell a few players probably and look to cut the wage bill as much as possible.

Super Cup - (0 - 0) (1 - 0) Vs Real Madrid

Euro Super Cup - (1 - 0) Vs Porto

Club World Championship - (6 - 0) Vs Okayama FC

Spanish Cup - (4 - 0) Vs Real Madrid

Champions League - (2 - 1) Vs Lyon

Here is the league table and player stats.

LIGABBVAOverview_Stages-3.png

LIGABBVAStats_PlayerStats-2.png

Here is a player i got in my youth system, a 6'9" CB! He has loads of potential according to the coach reports. I've currently got Puyol tutoring him and got his Determination up to 19 from 14. The lad certainly looks like he can take Puyol's place once he retired :D

JosManuelParadsOverview_Attributes.png

Apart from this player, I haven't really got anything in the youth, apart from maybe 1 or 2 players who might have a chance to make the grade, but I highly doubt it!

Tactic for download?

Almost done with the first season! Currently 31-3-0 in the league, and just knocked out Madrid in the CL Semis 6-4. After the away leg, I won 3-2, I wasn't so sure of my formation. I happened to play them in the next league game and tried my 3-1-3-3, dominated possession and drew. I played it in the second leg and won 3-2 again. :D I'll play Bayern..

Alves is suspended, and Iniesta has been out for 3 months. :|

Well, my ‘trial run’ of FM12 is over and it’s turned out to be a lot more successful than just a run through! We won the sextuple and were unbeaten over the entire season. More than that, the goals were flowing – at one point we had 24 consecutive games when we scored 3 or more goals. We let things slip a little over the closing fixtures, with 9 goals conceded in 5 matches in March which led to 2 draws. Also, two 0-0’s against Real and Espanyol in the closing weeks were a bit of a let down. I think the tactic I used might still need a tweak or two, but I’m really excited about the start. These are my statistics for competitive matches over the course of the whole season:

Played: 65

Won: 59

Drawn: 6

Goals For: 229 (3.52 per game)

Goals Against: 37 (0.57 per game)

Goal difference: +192 (2.95 per game)

Win percentage: 90%

Puyol has been out for most of the season with various injuries and has announced his retirement  I’m doing my best to change his mind, but we’ll have to wait and see. In all, the injuries I had were quite bad but it enabled me to test the squad.

Espanyol 0-3 Barcelona

Messi (2)

Pedro

Valencia 0-3 Barcelona

Villa

Iniesta

Messi

Barcelona 4-0 Betis

Xavi

Sanchez

Villa

Messi

Barcelona 4-0 Valencia

Villa

Sanchez

Messi

Thiago

Malaga 0-5 Barcelona

Villa

Thiago

Afellay

Thiago Silva

Bartra

Barcelona 4-0 Betis

Alves

O.G.

Afellay

Villa

Villareal 1-3 Barcelona

Sanchez

Pedro

Villa

Betis 1-4 Barcelona

Pedro

Sanchez

Thiago

Deulofeu

Barcelona 3-1 R. Sociedad

Pedro

Sanchez

Messi

Barcelona 6-1 Rayo

Messi (3)

Sanchez (2)

Afellay

Osasuna 1-4 Barcelona

Messi (3)

O.G.

Man Utd 1-3 Barcelona

Pedro

Inesta

Villa

Barcelona 3-0 Valencia

Villa (2)

Pedro

Barcelona 4-0 Malaga

Messi (3)

Thiago

At. Madrid 1-2 Barcelona

Messi (2)

Barcelona 2-2 Sporting

Messi

Thiago

Barcelona 3-2 Man Utd

Villa

Thiago

Fabregas

Racing 3-3 Barcelona (from 3-0 up after 25 minutes?!)

Messi (2)

Iniesta

Sevilla 1-2 Barcelona

Messi

Villa

Barcelona 4-0 Granada

Pedro

Thiago Silva

Villa

Dortmund 1-1 Barcelona

Messi (96th minute equaliser to maintain unbeaten record!)

Barcelona 4-0 Athletic

Sanchez

Puyol (2)

Villa

Barcelona 4-0 Dortmund

Sanchez

Villa (3)

Zaragoza 0-4 b]Barcelona[/b]

Messi

Pique

Pedro (2)

Barcelona 2-0 Getafe

Thiago

Pedro

Levante 0-5 Barcelona

Xavi

Pedro

Sanchez (2)

Iniesta

Barcelona 3-1 Chelsea

Messi

Pedro (2)

Barcelona 0-0 R. Madrid

Chelsea 1-5 Barcelona

Messi (3)

Villa (2)

Rayo 0-4 Barcelona

Messi (4)

Athletic 1-3 Barcelona

O.G.

Messi (2)

Barcelona 0-0 Espanyol

Mallorca 0-5 Barcelona

Pedro (2)

Messi

Sanchez (2)

Betis 2-3 Barcelona

Messi (2)

Pique

R. Madrid 1-1p Barcelona (They equalised in the 90th minute. We won in sudden death after missing 4th and 5th pens to win the match!)

Sanchez

Goals (Assists)

Messi – 74 (42) in 59 Apps (including 50 goals in La Liga)

Sanchez – 34 (22) in 51(9) Apps

Pedro – 34 (14) in 41(13) Apps (some of those Apps were at wingback)

Villa – 34 (29) in 41(7) Apps

Thiago – 10 (4) in 15(30) Apps

Pique – 8 (8) in 57(2) Apps

Xavi – 8 (18) in 46(7) Apps

Iniesta – 5 (17) in 45(6) Apps

Thiago Silva – 4 (2) in 48 Apps

Afellay – 4 (6) in 7(25) Apps

Fabregas – 2(11) in 26(17) Apps

I've just taken the Spanish U23 job for the Olympics, looking forward to it! At club level, we have 200M Euros in the bank. I can feel some summer signings coming on...

I finished with the treble (I hate how the game calls it the quadruple because of the CWC)

I think 35-3-0 in the league. No losses on any front if I'm not mistaken, at work right now so..

Messi won best goalscorer, Villa won best player, Valdes best GK, me Manager of the Year.

Beat Bayern in the final 3-1, put Deulofeu on in the 80th as a rub-your-face-in-it sub. Is the game too easy this year? II seldom had problems, except needing to change formations rarely. And the big wage budget is gonna make this easy, trying to bring through youth.

And near the end of the season my youth team faced yout hteam trialists and 5-6 of them were better than my current youth teams. I like this new addition, but does this cancel out the June 24th (I think) date for new regens?

Well, my ‘trial run’ of FM12 is over and it’s turned out to be a lot more successful than just a run through! We won the sextuple and were unbeaten over the entire season. More than that, the goals were flowing – at one point we had 24 consecutive games when we scored 3 or more goals. We let things slip a little over the closing fixtures, with 9 goals conceded in 5 matches in March which led to 2 draws. Also, two 0-0’s against Real and Espanyol in the closing weeks were a bit of a let down. I think the tactic I used might still need a tweak or two, but I’m really excited about the start. These are my statistics for competitive matches over the course of the whole season:

Played: 65

Won: 59

Drawn: 6

Goals For: 229 (3.52 per game)

Goals Against: 37 (0.57 per game)

Goal difference: +192 (2.95 per game)

Win percentage: 90%

Puyol has been out for most of the season with various injuries and has announced his retirement  I’m doing my best to change his mind, but we’ll have to wait and see. In all, the injuries I had were quite bad but it enabled me to test the squad.

Goals (Assists)

Messi – 74 (42) in 59 Apps (including 50 goals in La Liga)

Sanchez – 34 (22) in 51(9) Apps

Pedro – 34 (14) in 41(13) Apps (some of those Apps were at wingback)

Villa – 34 (29) in 41(7) Apps

Thiago – 10 (4) in 15(30) Apps

Pique – 8 (8) in 57(2) Apps

Xavi – 8 (18) in 46(7) Apps

Iniesta – 5 (17) in 45(6) Apps

Thiago Silva – 4 (2) in 48 Apps

Afellay – 4 (6) in 7(25) Apps

Fabregas – 2(11) in 26(17) Apps

I've just taken the Spanish U23 job for the Olympics, looking forward to it! At club level, we have 200M Euros in the bank. I can feel some summer signings coming on...

Well played, similar season to me :) Good luck with Spain at Olympics, I opted to go back to my grass roots and took the Britain job.

They came 2nd in my 1st season :D

Who did you send there? I'm contemplating setting up a new manager for them and just holidaying. I mean, that way I could do the right training, mentoring, play the actual best players. they play with 2 DMs and we have 5 MCs and 1 DM.

I've just created a tactic on my Halifax save and decided to try it with Barcelona, as something different to your typical Possession Tactic. I've had a lot of success with it. It worked very well for my Halifax team, but it's unstoppable with Barcelona.

Levante (5-0) Messi x3, Villa x2

Cartagena (6-0) Pique, Villa, Messi x2, Sanchez x2

Athletic (5-0) Villa x3, Messi, OG

Rangers (6-0) Messi x2, Villa, Pique, Sanchez x2

Sevilla (3-1) Villa, Xavi, Messi

Villarreal (3-0) Sanchez, Pique x2

AC Milan (6-0) Villa x2, Messi x3, Sanchez

Osasuna (4-0) Sanchez x2, Pique, Xavi

Thats 38 goals and 1 conceded in 8 games. Previous to that with my Barca Possession tactic, I had only scored 12 in 6 games. Massive difference really. It's nice to watch Possession football, but i've been unhappy with constant 1 - 0 wins.

If anyone would like to try it to help me testing it, just let me know :)

Novemeber 2012 has brought some great news, the board announcing that they are giving me an extra 108mil to spend! I have the budget all the way towards wages, so when I move it towards transfers, I have a total transfer budget of 222mil!

I've been thinking about making a bid for Wayne Rooney, as I feel sometimes i'm a little short in the AML position. He would also provide great experience for the younger players that i'm looking to bring through.

A statement from Rooney after I declared my interest...

Taking time out to speak to the press, Man Utd's Wayne Rooney spoke with passion in directing comments towards Barcelona manager MikeNevo. "To play for a team like Barcelona is what all players dream about. I hope this speculation results in a formal bid." Rooney told Daniel Brown from World Soccer Magazine.

I've never had a player speak like that!

MichaelNevisonNews_Inbox-3.png

BarcelonaBoardroom_BoardOverview.png

Tactic Master, I'd like to see test your Halifax tactic with Barca and Malaga in another save I just got going. Is it up for download? ;)

The download - (http://www.mediafire.com/?yjg53h93g1ffwlb)

You will need to use fast players in the striker positions and AMR/AML positions. Messi works best as the poacher and Villa as the Trequartista. Sanchez should be a definate for the AMR because he's so good. Messi and Villa actually swap positions with each other during the game aswell so Villa is able to take advantage of being the poacher often too. Messi who plays STL is also your Target Man.

Mascherano or Busquets should be your DMC

The AML is open to whoever you think should play there, maybe buy somebody.

The MC is your playmaker and you should look to use Xavi here. After Xavi, you have Iniesta and Fabregas.

The backline are your usuals, but i'd suggest buying Philipp Lahm, because he is top class.

Just finished the 2014/15 season and it went really well winning the double, with the exception of losing in the quarter final of the Spanish Cup 9-4 on aggregate but that's a different story.

Well anyway the standout performers this season were my 3 forwards

Alexis: http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4549/alexissnchezoverviewatt.png

Muniain: http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/9152/ikermuniainoverviewattr.png

But the undisputed star had to be Messi, ofcourse: http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/4016/lionelmessioverviewattr.png

Also had time to finish the season with the champions league final and this had to be the craziest match I've ever played. 2 days before, Messi suffered an injury in training which would have ruled him out of the match but there was no way that was happening so went for the option to give him injections leading up to the match. This is how it turned out:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6725/manutdvbarcelonainforma.png

Was 5-2 up with 34 minutes to play and I thought there was no way I'm getting back in this match seeing they had all the momentum so I brought on Iniesta for Thiago in the 87th minute and he went on to lay on 2 assists which saved the day (and the laptop).

Now looking forward to making some signings, was going to get Hazard to challenge Muniain for the LW position but judging by his last season I think he's made that spot his own

Just finished the 2014/15 season and it went really well winning the double, with the exception of losing in the quarter final of the Spanish Cup 9-4 on aggregate but that's a different story.

Well anyway the standout performers this season were my 3 forwards

Alexis: http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4549/alexissnchezoverviewatt.png

Muniain: http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/9152/ikermuniainoverviewattr.png

But the undisputed star had to be Messi, ofcourse: http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/4016/lionelmessioverviewattr.png

Also had time to finish the season with the champions league final and this had to be the craziest match I've ever played. 2 days before, Messi suffered an injury in training which would have ruled him out of the match but there was no way that was happening so went for the option to give him injections leading up to the match. This is how it turned out:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6725/manutdvbarcelonainforma.png

Was 5-2 up with 34 minutes to play and I thought there was no way I'm getting back in this match seeing they had all the momentum so I brought on Iniesta for Thiago in the 87th minute and he went on to lay on 2 assists which saved the day (and the laptop).

Now looking forward to making some signings, was going to get Hazard to challenge Muniain for the LW position but judging by his last season I think he's made that spot his own

Do you reckon it would be worth it to buy Muniain solely for AML? Or should I go with Wayne Rooney?

By the way, great season! :D Well done.

Do you reckon it would be worth it to buy Muniain solely for AML? Or should I go with Wayne Rooney?

IMO Muniain no doubt. Younger, spanish, less wages, re-sale value (if you want it). He's actually a fantastic dribbler (averaged 6.2 dribbles per game) and he's a very good finisher. The only slight criticism I can give is that he can be abit selfish at times but those are the mazy runs that can lead to a goal or an assist. If you do sign him, get Messi to tutor him to raise his mental attributes and I'd teach him to 'try through balls often'.

Just to put into perspective, the tactic I created...

Champions League Group Stage... A.C. Milan who are currently ranked 6th in the world...

1st Game - A.C. Milan 0 - 6 Barcelona - Villa scored 2, Messi scored hatrick and Sanchez ended the rout...

2nd Game - Barcelona 4 - 1 A.C. Milan - Messi scored, Iniesta scored and Villa scored 2...

I'm very impressed with the goalscoring, but I was unsure untill these 2 games, if it was going to work against the big teams, but this proves it can.

Ibrahim Afellay scored for A.C. Milan for some revenge against me selling him, but you can't play the big guns and expect to keep clean sheets, especially when the tactic isn't defensive, but it is still very good defensively.

I'm currently looking for an AML who can score, like Sanchez is on the right. I think, if i find this player, we will be irresistable! Any suggestion would be great.

IMO Muniain no doubt. Younger, spanish, less wages, re-sale value (if you want it). He's actually a fantastic dribbler (averaged 6.2 dribbles per game) and he's a very good finisher. The only slight criticism I can give is that he can be abit selfish at times but those are the mazy runs that can lead to a goal or an assist. If you do sign him, get Messi to tutor him to raise his mental attributes and I'd teach him to 'try through balls often'.

Yeah, i signed him for my Middlesbrough side on FM11 and he was amazing, especially with those mazy runs, scoring 44 goals by end of January, but I was using him as a striker. He didn't perform so well on AML, which is the only reason I asked.

Thanks for the reply and helpfull information.

@ yonko

how did you get your font / UI like that?

cheers (sorry for OT)

Get the Base FM12 Dark BG skin from the Skinning section of the forums. The font you can add yourself, it is called Verdana Bold Italic (download it from the web). Read in the Skinning section on how to add fonts to the skins.

I don't understand what you mean by UI.....I have a background picture of Nou Camp.

Just to put into perspective, the tactic I created...

Champions League Group Stage... A.C. Milan who are currently ranked 6th in the world...

1st Game - A.C. Milan 0 - 6 Barcelona - Villa scored 2, Messi scored hatrick and Sanchez ended the rout...

2nd Game - Barcelona 4 - 1 A.C. Milan - Messi scored, Iniesta scored and Villa scored 2...

I'm very impressed with the goalscoring, but I was unsure untill these 2 games, if it was going to work against the big teams, but this proves it can.

Ibrahim Afellay scored for A.C. Milan for some revenge against me selling him, but you can't play the big guns and expect to keep clean sheets, especially when the tactic isn't defensive, but it is still very good defensively.

I'm currently looking for an AML who can score, like Sanchez is on the right. I think, if i find this player, we will be irresistable! Any suggestion would be great.

Looking for AML? How about Neymar? If not, I'd go for Muniain as alternative. Rooney is not an AML.

Archived