FM Glasgow Celtic FC 2012 - Where the lord of the wings once flew in Paradise

McGougan33

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright lads, league and scottish cup won for a 2nd season in a row.

Just offered Ledley a new deal of 30k a week which his agent knocked back straight away saying we were well off in our negotiations. I've plenty of money but with Brown, Hooper on 37k a week and Gibson, Baloy and a few others on 20+k, I'm not too happy about the wages blow out.

Not sure who to go for or who to sell in this close season.

Squad is:

GK: Delle, Zaluska, Thomson

DR: Matthews, Wilson

DC: Wilson, Rogne, Bovo, Baloy

DL: Izzy, Dixon

ML/R: Forrest, Brown, Commons, Ledley

MC: Kayal, Wanyama, Pekalski, Gibson

ST: Hooper, Baba, Stokes, Russell, Bangura

Alright lads, league and scottish cup won for a 2nd season in a row.

Just offered Ledley a new deal of 30k a week which his agent knocked back straight away saying we were well off in our negotiations. I've plenty of money but with Brown, Hooper on 37k a week and Gibson, Baloy and a few others on 20+k, I'm not too happy about the wages blow out.

Not sure who to go for or who to sell in this close season.

Squad is:

GK: Delle, Zaluska, Thomson

DR: Matthews, Wilson

DC: Wilson, Rogne, Bovo, Baloy

DL: Izzy, Dixon

ML/R: Forrest, Brown, Commons, Ledley

MC: Kayal, Wanyama, Pekalski, Gibson

ST: Hooper, Baba, Stokes, Russell, Bangura

Thats alot of wages for players at that level! My first team is really strong atm, and the most expensive paid player in my game is adam johnson on 36k pw

My Squad - Dec 2012

GK: Zaluska, Vilar, Forster

FB: K. Naughton, Wilson, Matthews, Izaguirre

CB: Rafael Toloi, Novaretti, Mulgrew, Boyata

ML/R: Forrest, McCourt, Commons

MC: Gibson, Brown, Kayal, Wanyama, Juarez

ST: Hooper, Stokes, Bangura, Baba

I have the likes of Allan, Fyvie and a regen on backup contracts, they are being tutored to replace Ledley & Juarez as I believe it wont be cost effective to renew their contracts and Kayal is still "dubious" about signing anything so I have reasonable price tags on them all and if someone bites in January, they will be sold. Nobody would touch Daryl Murphy, loan or for free so he continues to bite a nice 17k p/w out of the wage bill.

My highest earner is Hooper (40k p/w) and the next highest is Brown (31k). My current wage bill is ~€380k p/w.

On my radar for January is David Templeton & Seamus Coleman.

I was put off Joris Delle because of his distribution, I wanted a back line and keeper comfortable on the ball and able to find passes under pressure. How is he for distribution?

Rangers concede 51 goals and still finish 2nd by 13 points? I've seen some very dodgy stuff like Rangers coming from 7th to claim 2nd but that is right up there with the match engine fixing leagues so that the 'status quo' can be maintained

There bottom of my league on 1 point after 10 games lol!

On a positive note, man city were destroyed 4-0 at paradise, putting me on 9 points in the group of death after 3 games, with City on 6 and Athletic on 3, Juve on 0, so fingers crossed this will be a good season in europe again!

My Squad - Dec 2012

GK: Zaluska, Vilar, Forster

FB: K. Naughton, Wilson, Matthews, Izaguirre

CB: Rafael Toloi, Novaretti, Mulgrew, Boyata

ML/R: Forrest, McCourt, Commons

MC: Gibson, Brown, Kayal, Wanyama, Juarez

ST: Hooper, Stokes, Bangura, Baba

I have the likes of Allan, Fyvie and a regen on backup contracts, they are being tutored to replace Ledley & Juarez as I believe it wont be cost effective to renew their contracts and Kayal is still "dubious" about signing anything so I have reasonable price tags on them all and if someone bites in January, they will be sold. Nobody would touch Daryl Murphy, loan or for free so he continues to bite a nice 17k p/w out of the wage bill.

My highest earner is Hooper (40k p/w) and the next highest is Brown (31k). My current wage bill is ~€380k p/w.

On my radar for January is David Templeton & Seamus Coleman.

I was put off Joris Delle because of his distribution, I wanted a back line and keeper comfortable on the ball and able to find passes under pressure. How is he for distribution?

Who are your highest top 5 earners? Im on only 370k pw, and ive won the europa league and came to the champs league final, so for that money its very capable to do it.

Rangers concede 51 goals and still finish 2nd by 13 points? I've seen some very dodgy stuff like Rangers coming from 7th to claim 2nd but that is right up there with the match engine fixing leagues so that the 'status quo' can be maintained

To be fair I took 17 off them while they only scored 2 against me in the 4 OF games. Also Hearts took 4 off them in one match so that's almost half the goals they conceded. A bigger shock for me is McCoist is still manager

Who are your highest top 5 earners? Im on only 370k pw, and ive won the europa league and came to the champs league final, so for that money its very capable to do it.

Euros? I'm quoting in Euros, surely you are talking in Sterling?

I'm spending £340k p/w in wages but I do have to trim the squad abit and try to keep Toloi with a bumper contract, the world is after him!

Hooper: €40k p/w (£35k)

Brown: €31.5k p/w (£27.5k)

Ledley: €29k p/w (£25k)

Novaretti: €20k p/w (£17.5k)

Gibson: €20k p/w (£17.5k)

sorry haven't updated in a wee while bhoys, been on constant nights for the last two weeks but have a night off tommorow so will update my 2nd half of season two tommorow night, can't wait till these nightshift's are done so i can get stuck right back into my game....getting withdrawal from it big time lol

My current squad (2015 Bold Denotes 1st choice. Click on regen to view pictures. ask for screens of current players)

Goalkeepers:

Alex Smithies Free (£10,500 PW)

Ben Amos Free (12,000 pw)

Both quality. 3.5 * each so rotate the two :thup:

Right Backs:

Adam Matthews£10,000 pw

Keith Watson Free £10,000 pw.

Matthews is amazy and Watson is a more than competent fill in and adds to HG

Left Backs:

Pereira £5.25M £25,000pw

Adam Matthews with Watson playing RB

Stephen Bannigan Youth Grad £950pw

Pereira is Immense and also plays left side of a 3 man defence in easy home games :thup: Bannigan isn't good going forward but does a job defensively.

Centre Backs:

Matias Caruzzo £2m 19,000 pw Club Captain

Wesley Dijkman free 15,750 pw

Georges Masson Free £3900 Pw

Muller £950K £3600 Pw

2 ultra consistent defenders. With Caruzzo aged 30 one of the two will step into his shoes. I'm liking Muller more because of his passing.

Central Midfield:

Ball Winners:

Franco Zuculini £1.8m £26,500 Pw

Jermaine Jones Free £12,750 Pw

Zucu is a player everyone knows about from old Fm's. He's as good as ever and can pass a ball brilliantly too. Jones is an old guy who doesnt stop working and can kick the **** out of people :thup: He plays mainly in games where i go with 3 cm's. Fantastic back up and tutor.

Playmakers:

Javier Ferreira £1.3M £15,000 Pw

Thomas Busse free £900pw

Right Wing:

Guillermo Pavon £1.6M £14kpw

Sam JohnsonFree £16.5K Pw

Both players also play behind the striker with Johnson also covering in CM. Fantastic Options

Left Wing:

Denis Maximov £525K £8250 PW

Mushaga Bakenga free £5.25k Pw

Jean Marie Dongou free £6.25k pw

Maximov is brilliant upfront and on the right too. Only problem is he cant get a wp for a new contract with 18 months left. Keep trying though

Strikers

Super Hooper! £22000pw Vice Captain

Robert Bellanave £2.5M 4.5K pw

pretty much all the wingers play up top and I rotate accordingly.

Bellanave is 4.5* potential and he was 5* when i signed him. Really excites me. think he could become one of the worlds best with decent physicals for his age :thup:

Also I have this guy . No idea how to play him. Any Ideas?

I'm on my phone atm mate, and the nets terrible at best on this, so I shall have a look at the players 2morrow!

Qualified top of my cl group, bringing in some. Tutors in january to boost my youths development, as I'm looking to put more of them into my first team!

I'm on my phone atm mate, and the nets terrible at best on this, so I shall have a look at the players 2morrow!

Qualified top of my cl group, bringing in some. Tutors in january to boost my youths development, as I'm looking to put more of them into my first team!

Cheers bud :thup:

And if you need a CM get Jermaine Jones if you get a chance! fantastic tutor and can cover well too.

Cemented my place as a good Celtic manager in recent history by getting knocked out the scottish cup by Caley Thistle:thup:

Well guys I'm afraid I've been lured away from my career as Celtic manager. I had already secured our third SPL title in a row and won the league cup, when a few days before the Scottish cup final one of the select few jobs that I just couldn't say no to became available. I was linked in the press as favourite to get it and confirmed my interest. Got the news item about the board being disappointed but understand why I'd want to move to a bigger club and well they don't come much bigger than this one. I delayed the decision for a week to be able to play they Scottish cup final which we won against I.C.T 4-1. So at least I leave on a high and from the start of next season will be testing my management skills at....Real Madrid.:eek:

Still can't believe they offered me the job after only 6 years in management but offer it they did and I'm allegedly getting a ridiculous transfer war-chest of >£200 million.

Will still pop in and out of here to keep up with how everyone's saves are going and who knows, I may make a right mess of the Madrid job and end up starting a new Celtic save soon enough.:p

DavidOwensNews_Inbox-28.png

DavidOwensNews_Inbox-29.png

Don't Go !

Just had a regen come through could be one of the best of his generation :cool:

Determination of 20 too and an influence of 11 at 15 means there's a good chance he could be a celtic captain one day.

Only downside is he's not Scottish or even Irish as their the international jobs I'd be happy with.

Meet Gabor Kozma 99c3c62e584c1078caf343129871092a.png

Is the Ujpest link the reason I got a Hungarian? I got a Brazilian Scotsman called Fuska too but he's not very good.

I absolutely do not believe this!!!....What on earth do I do now, I've never ever had such a difficult dilemma in an FM save. I think I'm going to have to turn the game off and have a sleep on this one...:confused::eek:

DavidOwensNews_Inbox-30.png

Nice Regen there Seanydude btw, awesome physicals and 20 determination.:D... I suspect your right, your probably getting Hungarians coming through the youth ranks due to the affiliate with Ujpest.

Well guys I'm afraid I've been lured away from my career as Celtic manager. I had already secured our third SPL title in a row and won the league cup, when a few days before the Scottish cup final one of the select few jobs that I just couldn't say no to became available. I was linked in the press as favourite to get it and confirmed my interest. Got the news item about the board being disappointed but understand why I'd want to move to a bigger club and well they don't come much bigger than this one. I delayed the decision for a week to be able to play they Scottish cup final which we won against I.C.T 4-1. So at least I leave on a high and from the start of next season will be testing my management skills at....Real Madrid.:eek:

Still can't believe they offered me the job after only 6 years in management but offer it they did and I'm allegedly getting a ridiculous transfer war-chest of >£200 million.

Will still pop in and out of here to keep up with how everyone's saves are going and who knows, I may make a right mess of the Madrid job and end up starting a new Celtic save soon enough.

DavidOwensNews_Inbox-28.png

DavidOwensNews_Inbox-29.png

Damn you madrid!!!!!! :thdn:

been using slipknot67's tactic and its been going awesome flying in the league 1st season but I cant seem to get the players to sign new deals Ive lost zaluska free to man city and brown almost went to wigan for 1m, luckily I could reject the bid at the last min then the chairman accepts a offer for ki sung-yong for 3.6m from villarreal which I couldnt stop.

been using slipknot67's tactic and its been going awesome flying in the league 1st season but I cant seem to get the players to sign new deals Ive lost zaluska free to man city and brown almost went to wigan for 1m, luckily I could reject the bid at the last min then the chairman accepts a offer for ki sung-yong for 3.6m from villarreal which I couldnt stop.

Hmmm thats quite odd, i got them 2 sign pretty easily etc, Scott who i sold!

Nah I did not mate! That's pretty gutting.

Won the treble and broke a few records on the way, some of my own

Broke most goals scored in the league, highest goal difference, most assists, I've maybe equalled highest attendance.

Rangers just avoided relegation by 4 points! Damn lucky lol

Mid Season Update

So here is my mid season update, currently sitting top with rangers struggling in 3rd :D was knocked out of the league cup by livi 2-0 major low but on the plus side i have came top of my champs league group, the highlight was this result..

whataresult.jpg

here is the complete champs league results so far:

champfixtures.jpg

have brought in a few players and sold or freed a few also, Joe Ledley and KI have been sold since they both wanted to play at a bigger club, Paddy was freed as he wasnt playing and refused to renew his contract so let him go early, here is the transfers so far:

2ndseasontransfers.jpg

and yes thats robbie fowler lol always been a big fan and brought him to help bring through some strikers and possibly use as a coach when he retires

Top Player so far has been Bangura, at a time when my goal scorers were hitting a famine he has been on fire eps this match:

bangingthemin.jpg

hoping to get more team time for the younger players to come through, we shall see :D

Had Hooper score 47 in 46 apps for me in season 1 just finished won the treble, scored 125 conceded 33 and got the 100points I was after, lost only 2 games all season in the league, rogne scored tons of set pieces too all this using slipknot67 tactic

thanks mate for posting it up for me to use

Had Hooper score 47 in 46 apps for me in season 1 just finished won the treble, scored 125 conceded 33 and got the 100points I was after, lost only 2 games all season in the league, rogne scored tons of set pieces too all this using slipknot67 tactic

thanks mate for posting it up for me to use

Great season you've had there and that tactic should hold up for you for the foreseeable future, I'm still using it in the 7th season into the future with my Real Madrid team. The only defeat I've had with it was in the first pre-season friendly, which was to a Brazilian team, so you might want to take precautions defensively against narrow formations, we got a bit of a doing in that game against a 4-2-2-2.

I think if you change the Aml and Amr to Amc/l/r and drop the cm's to dm it should help prevent narrow teams playing through you.:thup:

Archived