FM12 Arsenal Thread - Life after Cesc

llama3

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update March

Just single month updates until the end of the season now.

League Cup FINAL – ARSENAL 7-0 WOLVERHAPTON WANDERERS – Park 1 19 31 Chamberlain 5 Van Persie 14 Ramsey 25 Granero 68

March started with the league Cup final. Quite extraordinary. I always expected to win but not by 7!! Park scored a hattrick and there were goals for Van Persie (as well as 4 assists), Chamberlain, Ramsey and in the second half Granero. Astonishing win. Don’t usually put screenies up but here it is. What a way to start the month!!

a>

a>

FA Cup 5th Round Replay – ARSENAL 3-0 QPR – Chamackh 33 49 57

Un unlikely masterclass by Chamackh saw us through to a quarter final with Newcastle. Three superbly taken goals.

FA Cup 5th Round Replay Review

West Brom and Sunderland won their replays. Knocking out brave Brighton and surprisingly Everton.

Premier League – BLACKPOOL 1-2 ARSENAL – Maynard 17 – Park 19 Koscielny 49

A huge win. Blackpool took the lead after a bright start and had Park not equalised shortly after we would’ve struggled in the snowy conditions. Eventually Koscielny scored again from a corner and the conditions meant it was difficult for Blackpool to come back although Adler made an outstanding save late on. Big three points with Man City next.

Champions League 2nd round 2nd leg – ARSENAL 1-0 ATHELETIC BILBAO – Chamackh 68

A big blow before the game with the news that Mertersacker would be out for 5 weeks after twisting his ankle. Without Van Persie I gave Chamackh a chance to shine again leaving Walcott once more on the bench. It was Chamackh that struck the killer blow after Koscielny and Ramsey had both gone close earlier. Bilbao barely threatened.

FA Cup 6th Round– NEWCASTLE 1-3 ARSENAL – Michael 58 - Chamackh 5 Walcott 13 19

Quadruple? Half a chance. Excellent first half performance saw us race into a 3 goal lead. I’m tempted to say it would’ve been more has Walcott not limped off shortly after scoring the third goal. Michael scored a fantastic free kick in the second half but was never going to be enough.

FA Cup 6th Round Review

Chelsea 5-0 Man City!! Quite emphatic. United drew at home to spurs while Sunderland and west brom will also replay for a place in the semi final.

FA Cup Semi-Final Draw

Mixed feelings. It means an easier passage to the final but the victory if we get there will be harder to come by.

Chelsea vs Manchester United or Tottenham Hotspur

Sunderland or West Brom vs Arsenal

Champions League 2nd round 2nd leg review

Real Madrid managed to reverse their 2-0 defeat in Lyon and win on penalties. Chelsea and Man City sailed through. Man United however were knocked out after a goalless draw at Old Trafford. I watched the game and they had 18 shots to Barcas 4 but just couldn’t beat Valdes. Meanwhile Bayern Munich, Marseille and Ac Milan also went through.

Premier League – ARSENAL 3-1 MNCHESTER CITY – Schurrle 3 Chamackh 7 63 Van Persie 71– Yaya Toure 79

Billed as the biggest game of the season it was over in seven minutes. For the first time all season Chamackh and Van Persie were partnered upfront. .First Schurrle slammed a shot past Hart at his near post and then a wonderful lob by Chamackh killed off the game. Arsenal had the far better chances to add to the lead until finally Chamakch broke through again. Van Persie then stupidly got sent off for a two-footed challenge and would miss FIVE games!! Yaya Toure pulled a goal back but I was still confident of keeping the lead. Finally have daylight with city. We are 2 points ahead.10 games left.

Champions League Quarter Final draw

Tastier than my mum’s lasagne! A great bonus to have the second leg at home. Probably the draw I wanted.

Bayern Munich vs AC Milan

Barcelona vs Real Madrid

Manchester City vs Marseille

Chelsea vs Arsenal

Champions League Semi Final draw

Less happy with the Semi Final draw. Probably the draw I dreaded although again second leg is at home.

Barcelona or Real Madrid vs Chelsea or Arsenal

Bayern Munich or AC Milan vs Manchester City or Marseille

TOP SCORERS (all comps)

Park - 22

Van Persie - 18

Koscielny - 12

Walcott – 12

Schurrle - 10

Chamackh - 10

Granero - 5

Chamberlain - 4

AVERAGE RATINGS (all comps minimum 5 games)

Laurent Koscielny - 7.63

Robin Van Persie – 7.54

Chu-Young Park – 7.53

Leighton Baines – 7.32

Jan Vertonghen – 7.31

-------------------------------

Thomas Vermaelen – 7.19

Theo Walcott - 7.18

Rene Adler – 7.10

LEAGUE TABLE

Only two games played in March. Two valuable wins though as the other continue to fire. United suffered to big blows to their fading challenge. Firstly losing 2-1 at Spurs and then losing 1-0 at Old Trafford to Liverpool.

1. Arsenal played 29 points 71

2. Man City played 29 points 69

3. Tottenham played 29 Points 68

4. Man United played 30 points 64

5. Chelsea played 29 points 54

--------------------------------

6. Liverpool played 29 points 53

GAME OF THE MONTH

Chelsea seem to feature in this category a lot. Spurs and Liverpool can count themselves unlucky after great wins over United. As can Man City who beat Chelsea 5-0 in the FA Cup. Whereas this is just for league games.

NEWCASTLE 4-0 CHELSEA

Obertan 10 27 40 /-/

Alex o.g 55

Shots 10 - 8

On Ta 5 - 1

Poss 47 - 53

PLAYER OF THE MONTH – Marouane Chamakh

I was going to give it to Adler but when Chamakh scored again to cap a 7 goal month I felt obliged to give it to him.

US

9.6 (3)

7.2(1)

7.4(1)

9.3(2)

STAT OF THE MONTH

A few generals from the season so far;

Goals

1. S Aguero - 24

2. W Rooney - 22

3. D Bent - 21

--------------

9. R Van Persie - 11

Assists

1. D Silva - 15

2. C N’Zogbia - 14

3. R Van Persie - 13

Average Rating

1. W Rooney – 7.65

2. L Koscielny – 7.63

3. G Clichy – 7.56

APRIL PREVIEW

April sees a very busy month. 5 League games including Chelsea plus Champions League and the FA Cup semi final. No margin for error now.

Here’s the league fixtures for the top 3

ARSENAL – Everton (a) Chelsea (h) Stoke (a) Wolves (a) Sunderland (h)

MAN CITY – Blackpool (a) Everton (h) Chelsea (a) Sunderland (a) Stoke (h)

TOTTENHAM – Norwich (a) Liverpool (a) Portsmouth (h) West Brom (h) Newcastle (a)

After a good start to my Premier League and Champions League campaigns, which I will expand upon in my monthly update later, I've been knocked down to earth somewhat by some disappointing injury news;

mertesackerbrokenpatell.png

I'm really disappointed with this as, in the previous game, Mertesacker was very impressive. At the moment, I am contemplating as to whether I should look to bring in a replacement but, I feel that young Ignasi Miquel is definitely good enough to deputise in Per's absence; although the likes of Johan Djourou are ahead of him in the pecking order.

Expect a Monthly Update later, guys :D

What about Koscielny and Vermaelen Llew? Not been reading the thread much so if they are already injured, sorry. :p

Vermaelen and Koscielny are already my first-team centre-backs, I'm just contemplating as to who should be my back-up players now. I've decided that won't sign anybody, especially with Sebastian Squillaci coming back sooner rather than later.

:thup:

Oh right, sorry. :D I wouldn't use Squillaci if I was you, all he gave me was problems. Where-as Ignasi gave himself a good showing. He started improving alot, attribute and perfomance wise, after he was tutored by Vermaelen, I recommend you give that a go if you haven't already. :thup:

Yeah, I've got Vermaelen tutoring Ignasi Miquel at the moment. He's showed some promising signs in the early stages, mainly 'Physical' improvements but, in time, the technical third to his game will begin to develop into a good quality centre-half.

As for Squillaci, I'm going to use him until January at least. If he doesn't perform, he will be gone in January. If not, in the Summer.

Aguerro is a MONSTER i love him, he's now got 38 goals in 23 games more than any other player got for me in the whole of last season and it's barely december. i could be in a bit of trouble if he gets injured but i'm sure RVP could cover him but he just isnt getting a look in with my team at the moment. Di Maria Gervinho and Aguerro are killing it and the best part for me is, it's alll part of a tactic i've made myself which i've never done.

Also i've been wondering and this may be more of a discusion for the tactics thread but seing as you guys know the players and i'm arsenal i was just wondering how many of you. listen to you assistants rating of players and use them. As mine has my best 11 as:

Aguerro ST

Di Maria AML

Cissokho DL

Koscielny DC

Sagna DR

Mandanda GK

Song DM

Gervinho AMR

Verrmaelen DC

arteta MC

Arshavin AMC

RVP is my 13th or with ramsey being 12th.

This almost fits my team perfectly except i play wilshere as my main creator at mcl and have mainly had szczesny in goal.

arsenalfocus.png

Monthly Update - August;

After a good pre-season, we've now entered into the league and continental competitions. August was a good start, here's what happened;

August - Fixtures and Results;

Barclays Premier League;

Fulham - 2 (Dembélé '23, '39)

Arsenal - 3 (Arshavin '22, '43, Vermaelen '73)

A humdinger of a game to begin the Premier League season. Fulham's Belgian striker, Moussa Dembélé, made it hard for us. All in all, I was pleased that we managed to come out with a win. Fulham have a good, attack-minded side which caused us problems so to return from Craven Cottage with a hard earned win pleased me. Arshavin, playing as a 'Inside Forward > Attack' cutting inside from the left-hand side out in a good performance by bagging a brace.

UEFA Champions League Best Placed Playoff ~ First Leg;

Arsenal - 5 (Gervinho '3, Walcott '44, Benayoun '54, '72, van Persie pen '61)

FC Twente - 0

Delighted with this victory. We dominated throughout in all areas - Possession, attempts at goal etc. - so much so, we came away with a over-powering win. Gervinho gave us the lead within 5 minutes by popping up at the far post to tap home a wayward Walcott shot. As we say, the rest is history then. Although, I want to give a special mention to Yossi Benayoun. After coming on for the injured Tomas Rosicky, he made an instant impact. First by scoring a beautifully curled free-kick from 25-yards before bursting ahead of RVP to slot home after some excellent build up play. I think we strung 20+ passes in the build up to that goal!

Barclays Premier League;

Arsenal - 2 (van Persie '5, Vermaelen '9)

Stoke - 0

After a blistering start to the game, we went off the boil in terms of creating chances after the first 30 minutes. I'm glad that we began well though, otherwise it would've been hard to break through. Throughout the game, we had a firm grasp on proceedings. We finished with a possession stat of 68% which was very pleasing and displayed indications that my tactical set-up is beginning to reap the rewards. Good win.

UEFA Champions League Best Placed Playoff ~ Second Leg; [bolded numbers demotes aggregate score]

FC Twente - 2 [2] (Janko '34, Janssen '60)

Arsenal - 3 [8] (Gervinho '12, van Persie '52, '75)

With us already 5-0 up from the first leg, I decided to experiment with a 4-3-3 formation. I didn't really have enough time in pre-season to bed this tactic in but, with some good preparation, we have become accustomed to it in theory. But, on the field, we looked disjointed and clueless. Definitely in need of some tactical evaluation. Although, we did manage to score three goals. RVP's first goal was brilliant. Glided through the Twente back line before chipping the onrushing Mihaylov from all of 18-yards.

Barclays Premier League;

Chelsea - 3 (Lampard '8, Torres '40, '49)

Arsenal - 0

Disappointing loss but, André Villas-Boas' men have started the season very well. Fernando Torres became the invisible man to our defence. He managed to pop up in the box in the right place at the right time, henceforth his two goals. Lampard started off proceedings with a 25-yard strike. There were some positives to be built upon though, especially going forward.

bplaugust.png

Barclays Premier League table; September 1st

2011-2012 Summer Transfer Window - In's and Out's;

In's;

Rafal Wolski - Legia - £1.2 million [With £1 million through future clauses] - Wolski's a Polish U21 international who has great potential and a promising future ahead of him. For £2.2 million, he'll prove to be a worthwhile signing, especially after a loan period with a Championship or lower Premier League side. He won't play too much of a role in my first-team, due to his age, but he'll become a valuable member of the squad in two-to-three years.

Samed Yesil - Bayer Leverkusen - £900k - The youngster from Düsseldorf, who's chosen to play for Turkey over his native Germany, will prove to be a good signing in a couple of years time. With good pace and a natural strikers instinct, I'm hoping he can become a good striker who will score goals in the Premier League. At £900,000, I've happy with the signing. Impressed in the U17 World Cup in the Summer, too.

Out's;

Chuks Aneke - Rotherham - Loan Deal [until January] - I have high hopes for Aneke and where better for him to gain first-team football? At a good Rotherham outfit in the nPower League 2. He impressed in his limited game time in pre-season but, with this loan deal, I hope he can go form strength-to-strength and return a better player.

Benik Afobe - Exeter - Loan Deal [until January] - This deal is similar to Aneke's in many ways. It involves a promising player, he's only at the club in question until January and he'll become a regular first-team player at the club in question. Hopefully he'll come back twice the player he is know and push on into my first-team set-up.

Sanchez Watt & Saed Hajrovic - Charlton & Walsall - Loan Deal [until January] - Maybe not as promising as the aforementioned but, two decent enough players. Not expecting much of them in the long-term but, this loan deal will hopefully benefit their future careers.

A few final words...

UEFA Champions League group stage draw - After a 8-2 aggregate win against FC Twente in the Best Placed Playoff, we were included in the Group Stage draw which included European Supergiants such as Real Madrid, Barça and AC Milan but, the draw included it's fair share of obscure teams too: Otelul Galati and Trabzonspor to name but a few. Here's the group that I was drawn in;

Shakhtar Donetsk;

3 PLAYERS TO WATCH Fernandinho, Douglas Costa & Willian

LOSC Lille;

3 PLAYERS TO WATCH Benoit Pedretti, Eden Hazard & Moussa Sow

Napoli;

3 PLAYERS TO WATCH Marek Hamsik, Ezequiel Lavezzi & Edinson Cavani

This is undoubtedly a tough group, arguably one of the hardest of this season Champions League competition. All three teams like to play free-flowing, attacking football which could fall into our hands. Should be a good test to my team and squad though.

Robin Van Persie's contract situation - In my pre-season update, I informed you that contract negotiations between us and RVP's agent had begun, here's what has become of those initial talks;

snewcontract.png

FORZA ARSENAL!

@Llew I agree very tough group, with Shakhtar I you forgot about Jadson and Eduardo, or to sum up their whole attack is a threat. Good that you picked up on Yesil, got a keen eye on youngsters too, rated as a future star for Leverkusen. BTW, how good is Serge Gnarby meant to be? His attributes for his age looks evry good.

indeed, They look very well polished compared to my mass of screenies lol!

Cheers, mate :)

Brilliant updates Llew. What tactics are using mate? Also, what player instructions? Must say the updates look very professional; I enjoy reading them.

Cheers! I can send you the tactic if you want so you can download it, it would be far easier than posting screenshots etc. :D

@Llew I agree very tough group, with Shakhtar I you forgot about Jadson and Eduardo, or to sum up their whole attack is a threat. Good that you picked up on Yesil, got a keen eye on youngsters too, rated as a future star for Leverkusen. BTW, how good is Serge Gnarby meant to be? His attributes for his age looks evry good.

Yes, I decided that Fernandinho, Douglas Costa and Willian would pose more of a consistent threat. I'll have to keep my eye on Jádson though. He has some very good attributes. Samed Yesil is a player I've liked since the Summer, especially after his performances in the U17 World Cup. Yesil's done excellent in my U18 side to date: 5 goals in 3 starting appearances.

As for Serge Gnabry, he looks promising. He has a three star potential rating and I'm expecting big things from him :D

He has 3.5 from my assistant. I brought in Valdo ( i think thats his name ) the ex- assistant from Real Madrid, Italian fella. i also like the look of Chuks in my save has a 3 star potential and has amazing physicals. 17 pace, 18 stam, 15 natural so have him tutored by Park @ mo. hope he takes off!

So Llew how much did you get him for? (van Persie's contract that is)

Sorry that I didn't reply earlier, I've been captivated by the football on TV :D Anyway, here's what he's agreed to;

rvpcontractdetails.png

Quite pleased to be fair. Obviously, I'm not ate your level of negotiation as of yet, llama but at £100k, he's worth it :D

Sorry that I didn't reply earlier, I've been captivated by the football on TV :D Anyway, here's what he's agreed to;

rvpcontractdetails.png

Quite pleased to be fair. Obviously, I'm not ate your level of negotiation as of yet, llama but at £100k, he's worth it :D

Fair price. I managed to get him down to 92k p/w with similar Appearance and Goal fees.

I just beat Man Utd 2-0 at home in my crucial league game in January. We lost Per Mertesacker to a red card after only 8 minutes. With no Arteta, Wilshere, Gervinho or Chamakh either things looked a bit tricky. But I moved Song into the backline, and got Coquelin to play a reserved midfield game alongside Ramsey. We kept the ball well, created better chances, and after half time eventally took the lead when Ramsey drilled past De Gea after a quick exchange with Coquelin on the edge of the box. I made it 2-0 on the hour mark when Arshavin set Park away down the left, Park's shot was saved and Arshavin tucked the rebound in. A great performance.

a shocking turn of form has seen me losing 1-0 at home to fulham in the fa cup 5th round, 1-0 to lille in the champions league knockout round first leg, then a 6-0 defeat in the league cup final to chelsea - we have been destroyed. not quite sure how this form has come about

Best champions league 2 legged tie ever?

Marseille 7-3 Arsenal

Arsenal 5-0 Marseille

Well chuffed with that :cool:

What a brilliant come back :D Although, I wouldn't be happy with allowing 7 goals in in the first leg!

Next up for me is LOSC Lille in the UEFA Champions League: our first Champions League fixture of the season. This will be a perfect opportunity to scout Eden Hazard for myself, he's a player that Steve Rowley's been watching all season.

What a brilliant, brilliant couple of screenshots, mate :D:applause:

Good result too! To put five passed, what I believe was, a strong City team is nothing short of great :thup:

Cheers, I'm gonna do a full update tomorrow. I would have done one tonight but I've been doing Homework with FM running in the background :lol:

We made up for terrible week of defeats to Fulham, Lille & then the obliteration at the hands of Chelsea to win 1-0 at Liverpool, 6-0 at home to Newcastle and then come from 1-0 down at home to Lille to win an epic tie 3-1 with Jack Wilshere prominent in a superb performance in midfield. Bad news lost van Persie for the rest of the season with a broken foot though. He has been off form and in and out with minor injuries for a couple of months, whereas Chamakh has been superb with 17 goals.

Anxiietyyy - Another great result. Looks like you were outplayed by Chelsea to some extent but, the most important statistic is the goals scored and you certainly overrode Chelsea on that one :thup:

Arsenal Youth Project - Ignasi Miquel, Ryo Miyaichi & Samed Yesil;

With a huge emphasis on youth, I've decided to take the time and update you on some of the players that have developed while I've been at the club. I must also point out that I use my own training schedules;

49ignasimiquel.png

SENIOR SQUAD - 1 APPEARANCE Ignasi hasn't featured much as of yet for the first-team but, with Per Mertesacker likely to be out for a further two months, Miquel will be getting some playing time. A Spanish international at U19 level, Ignasi's developed very well. I have high hopes for Ignasi, so much so, a new long-term deal is on the horizon.

31ryomiyaichi2.png

RESERVE SQUAD - 6 APPEARANCES Similar to Miquel, Miyaichi hasn't had much of a chance in terms of playing for the first-team. Due to him only joining us in the Summer, I want to settle Ryo into the English culture and footballing ethics by letting him get a few reserve games under his belt, a possible loan deal may be a viable option too. As for his development, as you can see, he's grown massively in many aspects of his game. Most notably though, in his Physical department. Well Done Ryo!

samedyesil.png

U18 SQUAD - 10 APPEARANCES (6 GOALS) Samed Yesil, who signed in the Summer from Bayer Leverkusen, has been tearing the U18 league scene apart in recent weeks. I was impressed when we played against my Youth Team in pre-season. His natural instinct to score goals is second to none and, with such attributes at a tender age, he can only progress with time and experience. Currently being tutored by Robin van Persie.

Baffling how a team we pushed aside with ease In last years final can smash me so easily In the first leg, and beat me In the second 1-0 with 10 men.

Fines for plenty of idiots tonight!

edit: Goalie gets his first ever goal via penalty after I realised I've only got 5 names on the penalty list and all the others have been rested :D

Won the North London Derby 1-0 with Andrey Arshavin settling the tie with a great goal just before half time. Deputising goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski had very little to do thanks to Thomas Vermaelen's man of the match display. Satisfying!

well thats me wrapped up the league for the 4th season In a row. Going to give this save a break and go a few seasons as Arsenal again only with Thierry Henry In the side, as I love him too much, shall return to this awesome save In a few weeks unless the new save does not satisfy my need for Henry and Van Persie magic

Will go through the transfer window first, and It appears that after 4 seasons of asking to leave but being convinced to stay for a few more years my star right winger Jacere Is going to leave, unless nobody coughs up the 25 million fee I slapped on him, not letting him go easily. And he gets injured 12 minutes Into what is his last match for me :(

Beating Real Madrid was great, but we just lost our next game 4-2 to QPR, and lost Gervinho to injury for 9 months with cruciate ligament damage - not impressed, already missing van Persie, and have had to do without Sagna and Djouru for weeks

Epic score Llama, I did Madrid also in 2011 / 2012 so its nice to see the London magical passing dazzles them too =)

I like the Idea so I hope you don't mind?

keyrisigforforums.png

(If so I will remove the Sig)

So the First season came and went and all the Summer holidays appeared and it was a time for joy at the emirates and my lovely Highbury apartment that I bought with my pay rise from the new 3 year deal I signed at the end of 2012's magnificent season.

trans2012.png

I had a few comings and goings in this summer window, nothing too big and not many notable transfers in England to be honest. A Few Young guns came in and look very promising to go with my old veterans that have been getting some game time in the last 12

months

Heres the pick of the signings.

futurestars.png

Some of the old guard after 12 months (im not sure on starting stats but they look a lot better to me.

oldguard2012.png

I also took the Team GB job and took them to the Olympics final. O-Chamberlain getting the Golden Boot = ) was a highlight

2012olymipcs.th.png[/img]

Times look good going ahead for me!

My first north london derby, and it was a big one. A battle between 1st place (us) and 2nd place (SCU- sorry, Tottenham.)

okuzvl.jpg

We managed to get the win in a thrilling derby! This opens up a 5-point gap at the top with 13 games gone, AND I've got a game in hand! :D:D

Kieran87 - Very good update, mate :thup: Looks like you've got some promising youngsters on your ranks, too. Peter Janssen looks fantastic! Keep us updated on how the develop, mate.

My injury ravaged side beat Man utd 2-0 - and deserved it too!

Congratulations llama :D Who's out injured with you? Tomas Rosicky has just picked up a nasty injury on my save; more on that to come in my Monthly Update though.

Anxiietyyy - Another great win, and who better to beat than the Spuds?! :D One thing though, how do you get that score screen with the statistics below? Looks very nice, especially the way that you edit them.

Well it was my Champions League Final the win over Man utd - had Song suspended, van persie out for 4 months, Gervinho for 9 months, Arshavin passed a late fitness test but him, Coquelin and Chamakh all came off injured at half time. Sagna, Djourou & Rosicky all missed large spells of the season

Well it was my Champions League Final the win over Man utd - had Song suspended, van persie out for 4 months, Gervinho for 9 months, Arshavin passed a late fitness test but him, Coquelin and Chamakh all came off injured at half time. Sagna, Djourou & Rosicky all missed large spells of the season

You've done well then to actually put out a competitive starting XI, yet alone winning the Champions League :D

Archived