FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason im doing so well on this save is probably due to big Andy C. 13 team goals in 4 games, Carroll with 6 of them himself. 4 wins 0 draws 0 losses, granted its only pre season so i still need to raise morale to help with the league but things are looking good for the tactic at last.

AndyCarrollOverview_Attributes.png

I always put my past experience as Sunday League footballer, as that's what I was, and it takes around 10-15 games before the morale levels out as the players worry less about your footballing experience.

Finished the demo and ended up 3rd in the league behind the two Manchester clubs. I'm trying again now with different tactics and I've finally hit a bit of form, beating both Villa and Spurs away 1-4.

Ugh, I hate making these posts but here goes... just a quick rant before leaving it. Jay is shockingly undervalued stat-wise, shame Morgan doesn't have a better starting point too, but more annoying is how misjudged Ngoo is as a player. I don't expect him to be a top rated prospect, but come on. He's not even that good in the air, his dribbling ability is his best feature as a player, you only have to watch him for a few minutes to see how he uses his strength to get the ball down and run with it. For a team that makes it's youth and reserves games so easy to access, I'm surprised to see such an error.

Right played 10 league games and was top off league still unbeaten, starting again keeping all my squad trying to get carroll to score he didnt score for me and avg was just 6.5

Similar story here played 14 with 12 wins and 2 draws largely using the starting players, however Carroll has 8 goals and 6 assists at 7.62. I'm using a very basic 442 with Carroll playing as Target/Support. I'm actually coming round to the idea that the title is a possibility but I did set experience as international footballer which helps and have taken control of all teamtalks and press conferences. I'm thinking that once morale is high it is maybe a little too easy to keep it that way.

really need to work out my 451 tactic. using a 4411 at the moment and its going quite well but had to buy to suit it. would prefer the 4411 to be a back up tactic. prefer to use a 451 (flat back 4, DM, 2 CM's, AMR/AML, ST)

Ugh, I hate making these posts but here goes... just a quick rant before leaving it. Jay is shockingly undervalued stat-wise, shame Morgan doesn't have a better starting point too, but more annoying is how misjudged Ngoo is as a player. I don't expect him to be a top rated prospect, but come on. He's not even that good in the air, his dribbling ability is his best feature as a player, you only have to watch him for a few minutes to see how he uses his strength to get the ball down and run with it. For a team that makes it's youth and reserves games so easy to access, I'm surprised to see such an error.

I do agree some of our "youth" players are under rated quite a bit. Flanno is quite easily "decent premier division" standard at the minute, yet look how he is. Robinson could also come into that category. Spearing is a good player, granted not along the same lines as Mascherano (:mad:) but he can hold his own. In my opinion, morgan should have a higher PA, i believe his current ability is fine and sterling i think they did well there.

Pablo Aimar is a nice, cheap AMC to pick up if people want a rock solid player at that position for peanuts.

already thought of trying him myself, but he goes against my youth policy. i play Fm like FSG are with liverpool. Young and talented kids with bag loads of potential.

I do agree some of our "youth" players are under rated quite a bit. Flanno is quite easily "decent premier division" standard at the minute, yet look how he is. Robinson could also come into that category. Spearing is a good player, granted not along the same lines as Mascherano (:mad:) but he can hold his own. In my opinion, morgan should have a higher PA, i believe his current ability is fine and sterling i think they did well there.

Actually dont think they have Sterlings pace right. the lad is very quick.

Robinson again is completely underrated, very slow and his height is wrong. some of the others i feel should be a little better. we have good youth but everyone can't be -9PA's sadly. as long as Robinson, Sterling, Suso, Flanno, Morgan all have the PA to allow them to step up to possible first team i'll be happy enough as after a couple of seasons there are plenty of regens to buy

I think the starting squad is good I have not dipped into the transfer market and have so far won every league game and only losing to City in the League Cup. I'm using JP WOODY tactic form FM11 did not like it in FM11 but thought I would give it a try on FM12 it is working beautifully.

Stoke H 2-0

Sunderland H 6-0

Wigan A 1-0

QPR A 2-0

Man Utd H 2-0

Aston Villa A 2-1

Suarez has scored in every game 8 goals, Kuyt has 4 and Carrol 2, but he is playing well. Coates has not put a foot wrong good performances and 2 goals.

Yes he is very quick, ive seen him in action many times. Granted, ive only seem him in action against his own age group.

his pace/accel should be 16+ IMO :) i know its opinion through slightly red tinted glasses but anyone who watches the lad can see he has pace to burn.

I have Di Salvo as my Assistant after sacking clarke, how are you playing Carroll? i have him as the lone striker in Target Man attack and he is doing brilliantly.

havent really looked at coaches on the demo as there's a lack of good ones on it.

when your picking your coaches do you just look for a coach who has say 18-20 in attacking but really poor everywhere else or for guys who are good overall

Not sure about Carrolls personality on the game though, i called a team meeting and declared we could do well this season. Every single other player was delighted but carroll reacted badly, Why? You would think he would be happy about that, he also cant take criticism even if he deserves it.

havent really looked at coaches on the demo as there's a lack of good ones on it.

when your picking your coaches do you just look for a coach who has say 18-20 in attacking but really poor everywhere else or for guys who are good overall

Someone good overall or have a mix of Attacking and Defensive coaches Di Salvo and Ventrone are normally the ones i go for most my backroom staff does be Italian :lol:

Someone good overall or have a mix of Attacking and Defensive coaches Di Salvo and Ventrone are normally the ones i go for most my backroom staff does be Italian :lol:
Motivating and Determination are also important for coaches.

thanks lads. i normally go for the well rounded coaches but still end up with at best 4 stars on most of the training but i find this goes up a bit more when the coach has 2 great attributes only

It seems my match performances and morale problems were just reputation issues, since restarting and upping reputation everything is going fine, even an 8-0 pre-season win.

yeah players dont seem happy if you weren't at least a pro footballer previously

Am i the only one who thinks Marco Bueno and Nacho Huertas look good? Btw take a look at Carlos Fierro of Chivas...only 16.

for all the talk of their potential they aren't as good as i expected on the game. highly unlikely they'll get anything more than a -8 PA which will rule them out of being good enought to develope for the first 11

Alright lads am in work but shall be on later. So the problems with people struggling with tactics may have been a reputation issue ?

Yeah, that tactic i had partial success with last night, i tried that again with a higher reputation and this is what happened. I also cracked and added Logos and facepacks to the demo. i couldnt help it :D

LiverpoolFixtures_Fixtures.png

LiverpoolOverview_Profile.png

DirkKuytOverview_Profile.png

Coates and Wilson shouldn't be a bad pairing. Uragweisian.

I'm actually surprised at how decent Coates is on this. His defensive stats aren't brilliant but he's been really solid with Agger, even with Wilson when Agger's not fit.

Carra is only really a squad player for me. Doesn't even make the bench now he's not accomplished at RB, I like versatile defenders on the bench so I can cover RB, LB & CB only using 2 players (Kelly & Aurelio). I prefer plenty of attacking options that can change a game.

Archived