FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He did well for me on my last save, still not sure what to do with him though.

i normally only play with 1 upfront but i think i'll just change the tactic before the game starts to switch the 1 to target man to suit him, for season 1 anyway. normally i have the 1 up front set as poacher

Playing with 4-4-2 in pre season. What role should I be using with Suarez up top alongside Carroll though? Carroll himself is playing very well as TM on Attack duty whilst Suarez hasn't been performing great as Advanced Forward. Not too sure what role to put him tbh so i thought i'd come on here and ask the experts! Btw does anyone know how to add leagues in game, if you can do that even? Really enjoying the demo though, it looks brilliant. :)

ROESIDER Suarez is great as advanced forward are you playing him on the left or right? As for adding leagues you would only be able to do it at the end of the season, so you would have to wait for the proper game

ROESIDER Suarez is great as advanced forward are you playing him on the left or right? As for adding leagues you would only be able to do it at the end of the season, so you would have to wait for the proper game

Thanks for clearing that one up for me mate!

Currently playing Suarez on the right. Appreciate your help, thanks!

That's how every tactic ive tried turns out. Starts out winning, then cant buy a win against the kids from the local park for 25 million each.
Gonna keep at it until I make a tactic that lasts

Think this is going to be a game where you will do well to get back into the top 4 with the squad starting and to actually go on to win the title you will need to build the best squad to do it. on previous games you could just build a good tactic and that would nearly do it

Think this is going to be a game where you will do well to get back into the top 4 with the squad starting and to actually go on to win the title you will need to build the best squad to do it. on previous games you could just build a good tactic and that would nearly do it

i disagree.. the starting squad is superb and can easily win the prem... ive had two play-throughs of the demo and have been undefeated in both.. one with the starting squad and one with very minor changes ...

i disagree.. the starting squad is superb and can easily win the prem... ive had two play-throughs of the demo and have been undefeated in both.. one with the starting squad and one with very minor changes ...

what tactics did you use?

I think top 4 should be easy enough, but winning the title season one would take some luck with the current squad. For starters any serious injury to Suarez leaves the team short up front. I doubt Spearing would be up to the task of replacing an injured Lucas either. That said no European football should make it easier to keep the squad fit.

i wonder if you lds have been buying a fair few players ? or getting your team to blend in pre season?

ive been using a standard 451 basically .. 1dmc 2 cm's 2 wingers , suarez upfront...

few lads have only bought 1/2 others have bought more. i know we have a fair few already in the squad that are new as well. just think title would take some doing to be honest in season 1.

I think top 4 should be easy enough, but winning the title season one would take some luck with the current squad. For starters any serious injury to Suarez leaves the team short up front. I doubt Spearing would be up to the task of replacing an injured Lucas either. That said no European football should make it easier to keep the squad fit.

i can see what your saying but in actuality... you can easily get bellamy, kuyt, carroll ... and the midfield is full of young talent to fill any spot... spearing is more than capable of playing the anchor man and gerrard can fill in there more than adequately..

irl it would be an issue for sure but in game.,.. the goals can come from everywhere... and hasnt been an issue for me

but i guess we'll see when we get the full game.. im certainly going to be trying with the current squad

I think Carroll could be an issue in the game, if you get him scoring and your team playing well around him then all is good, but if you don’t I think he might be hard to shift.

So I think that will be my main focus in this play through, if I can get him to click then my only worry will be how do I stop the back of my fridge from smelling, but I think I might need another forum for that :p

I've done the demo with Liverpool, and binned Agger and bought Danny Murphy and Javier Saviola. Not what I'd do on a proper save, but finished 2nd by demo end, with pretty much 4-3-1-2. Coates, Kelly, Danny Wilson, Henderson and Downing were the best players (playing Downing as a CM - did fine).

But Carroll...seeing what his value is (£35m), I kept thinking how much I could buy with £35m. Has anyone managed to move him on in the transfer window on the demo?

Welshace I think the tactic you've been using may be sort of a cheat tactic (not saying YOU have cheated) but I never look in the T&T forum as I like to everything myself so thought I would have a look to see if anyone is saying it's too easy.

Anyway someone has posted that using the same formation, no changes etc as you and they have won no matter who they have been, he even beat Man City 7-0 with West Ham so maybe it's been easy because that formation isn't getting beat by the AI

Welshace I think the tactic you've been using may be sort of a cheat tactic (not saying YOU have cheated) but I never look in the T&T forum as I like to everything myself so thought I would have a look to see if anyone is saying it's too easy.

Anyway someone has posted that using the same formation, no changes etc as you and they have won no matter who they have been, he even beat Man City 7-0 with West Ham so maybe it's been easy because that formation isn't getting beat by the AI

Ive been using that formation too and cant buy a win.

Is there any way of seeing what TT you gave at pre match, h/t, full time and see how it affected your players like on fm 11? Can't see it anywhere

It's still there, Team Report -> Last Match -> Team talk feedback below the score.

EDIT: i just cant get morale up, no matter what happens its always "fairly poor" for most of the team. Even a 4-0 win didnt up it even a little.

Archived