Football Manager Live

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Hardly touched FM since FML went down. Wish the game would have succeeded :(

I don't think it ever had a chance, the marketing was almost non-existent & the only people who would be interested were those who already played FM so SI were asking a large proportion of their potential market to choose between the two titles.

This is my personally opinion but I also think the idea of not being able to edit or cheat your way to success put a lot of people off.

I don't think it ever had a chance, the marketing was almost non-existent & the only people who would be interested were those who already played FM so SI were asking a large proportion of their potential market to choose between the two titles.

That's a pretty good point. I know I didn't play a lot of FM all the time FML was around. And, if/when UFL ever sees the light of day as a release, the same will almost certainly be true.

If I'm brutally honest the concept of an online football management sim is flawed from the get-go.

Something like Xpert11 works because it is ridiculously simple & requires very little investment in terms of time whereas FML is the type of title that offers a greater reward for a greater investment of your time.

The other major drawback is that everyone hates losing, as I never tried FML I do not know if this was the case but I'd imagine that a large percentage of people who did not renew their subscriptions were those who spent most of their time getting their rear end handed to them on a consistent basis.

For an MMO to be successful it either needs to be inexpensive, quick & simple or if the annual subscription costs far exceed the cost of a single offline title the success of your character/team needs to be less intertwined with the success or failure of other members on the server, unfortunately football needs winners & losers which will slowly but inevitably kill the repeat buyer market.

I wish SI every success with their South Korean project but I honestly do not see it being financial viable after 18 months unless their partners in South Korea are subsidising it because of projected commercial benefits in other areas of its business.

I miss FMLive :(

What a great game, flawed but so very great to play.

IF and it is a big if, it comes back it would probably be best as free to play, they are so dominant now in the mmo market, the question would be whether a FTP model can work with FM, without it becoming a pay to win game.

The other major drawback is that everyone hates losing, as I never tried FML I do not know if this was the case but I'd imagine that a large percentage of people who did not renew their subscriptions were those who spent most of their time getting their rear end handed to them on a consistent basis.

For an MMO to be successful it either needs to be inexpensive, quick & simple or if the annual subscription costs far exceed the cost of a single offline title the success of your character/team needs to be less intertwined with the success or failure of other members on the server, unfortunately football needs winners & losers which will slowly but inevitably kill the repeat buyer market.

Spot on, though so many denied it this was the intrinsic flaw.

It was in fact a game built for Llamas :D

We're one of the select group who could deal with perennial carpness although oddly enough despite Matt's best efforts I think the LLama take up was quite low, at the time we had two very vibrant clan games on the go & couldn't be convinced to invest another couple of nights to FML.

It didn't take a huge leap to envisage how things would & did turn out.

It didn't take a huge leap to envisage how things would & did turn out.

We're one of the select group who could deal with perennial carpness although oddly enough despite Matt's best efforts I think the LLama take up was quite low, at the time we had two very vibrant clan games on the go & couldn't be convinced to invest another couple of nights to FML.

Would only have worked even for us if there had been a game world which was Llamas only ;)

Although i was off and on with FM Live i do miss it.

when you play on normal fm its always against the computer and sometimes can be borin, but fm live, i loved the whole community side of it.

nothin better than receivin praise of other managers for winning the Xtreme Champions league or whatever it was haha

I literally just signed up to the forum now to say how much I miss it.

So much fun, loved negotiating with other real people, or finding some gems in the auction.

Above all the banter was great.

Such a shame they closed it down. FM after that just isn't the same for me.

Also I hate to say it but I doubt I'll fork out money for another FM game, the subscription to FM Live was worth it. But since it closed I been playing FM11 and just though meh.

• 2 weeks later...

I ever think is impossible in Internet MMO ERA that a fantastic game like FML can shout down ... the question is only have the right way for him... i think there are lot of ideas to have a infinity live for FML ... one only i have ever think is that every manager in game have the same budjet ever like "FANTACALCIO" ... whit that every managers change his attention to the tactical,management,trainings...aspects and not about try make more money whit market players (sometimes in no legal mode...multyaccounts..etc..) that was one of the best probles for the game because i have not security about others managers fair play... Same budjets give me security i have the same possibility of all others managers and the difference is make bye our own choice...the % i choice spend for my def/mid/att...(number team players max same for everyone too..)... my tactis and formations... my trainings... my football ideas are what can make difference and i can have 10 seasons whit no good results but i know my possibility are the same others have and i can re-try infinity to create the right amalgam to win vs others teams... this permise that peoples can think is not important escape and re-create new account/team/GW ... At end i think ... example: 25 players max, 100M budjet max ever and... good fun for You !!! show me how you choice spend your money that is the same of mine... which fantastic formation and instructions you think to do to try win your opponents... which training choice you'll do to have best response by your players.... the istant instructions in the match ... form/condition/formations management choices ... and others and others possibility and choices for have a great/onest battle for all the managers.... all but NO the possibility this GAME becomes only a money race for managers not very FML lovers but peoples want to show something to others and have not problems to use some dirty ways game leave possibility have... LIKE "FANTACALCIO" (:lol: i don't know wich is right word in english..) ... is the right way to have a FML ... live :) ps: really i have a lot of ideas to have a great product about football manager MMO ... ever in my life i have had passion to organize situation and rules about football games ... by Subbuteo to all most iportants computer/console games in history :lol: ... and ever i see peoples,friends and others like all very much ... Onest and simly rules and some ingenious idea is all we need to have a great MMO about football (in this storic moment is no possible there is no one ..) Thanks,bye :cool:

Listen to the fans SI, bring FML back!!!! It was such a different game to standard FM, and the difference was fantastic! I loved the community and genuinely looked forward to coming home and play it, like the the good old days of CM3!!!!

• 5 years later...

Archived