*Mourinho's counter attacking 4231deep* treble in 1st season with At.Madrid

Hey El_Magico, as i said i'd report back after a full pre-season and then 15 league games in & to be honest i am very very Happpy! Initially it was quite shaky (i was still winning though :p) But i had made 6 new signings and sold 11 players (due to having to slash my wage budget by 150k p/w) and four of them didn't speak english so this also affects the blending!

fixturelist.th.jpg

After 15 games a lot wins and it didn't really kick in until you start seeing all the 0 conceeded!

league15games.th.jpg

League im currently 2nd Won my next game though and i'm 1st know and looking like im getting stronger and stronger!

Also i manage england U21s and after 6 games im top of my group Won 6 Scored 18 conceeded 5 and obviously 18 points.

Excellent tactic El_magico i can see me going from strength to strength after christmas bolstering my squad with 3 new sigings aswell. Predicted 4th by the media and i think i will win the league, i'll post back end of season.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey El_Magico, as i said i'd report back after a full pre-season and then 15 league games in & to be honest i am very very Happpy! Initially it was quite shaky (i was still winning though :p) But i had made 6 new signings and sold 11 players (due to having to slash my wage budget by 150k p/w) and four of them didn't speak english so this also affects the blending!

fixturelist.th.jpg

After 15 games a lot wins and it didn't really kick in until you start seeing all the 0 conceeded!

league15games.th.jpg

League im currently 2nd Won my next game though and i'm 1st know and looking like im getting stronger and stronger!

Also i manage england U21s and after 6 games im top of my group Won 6 Scored 18 conceeded 5 and obviously 18 points.

Excellent tactic El_magico i can see me going from strength to strength after christmas bolstering my squad with 3 new sigings aswell. Predicted 4th by the media and i think i will win the league, i'll post back end of season.

unfortunately, many fm players underestimate the effect of things, which dont belong to the tactics. so they think, downloading or creating a superb tactic and everything is going well and you will bang everyone. but especially in this years fm, I have the strong impression, that man management and especially things like new signings, communication problems, low morales and so on are as important as the tactics itself. this is also reflected by the different results, different users have with this tactic. some have immediately a huge success, some are struggling a bit, but the case is, to the end of a season, everyone of us gets a happy end. so in my opinion, these results or lets say developments show, that its often not only the tactics, but much more due to other non-football subjects, that you have lost a game, which you had expected to win. my personal advise to all fm players can only be to consider these aspects. if you have a strong first eleven, than try to sign back up players, who can adapt well and who can speak the language of the nation, youre playing, cause you dont really want a back up player to cause problems in your team, dont you? you can easily check these aspects in the "assistants feedback menu" when you visit it pregames. when I start a save, the most signings I make, are always in the very first season. even when I dont have enough money, I still sign as much players as possible and pay the fees in 48months. then I just go on with these players and in the further seasons I just sign at most 1 or 2 players in order not to bring problems to the squad. if you sign too many players, you shouldnt be then suprised, when you get bad results at the beginning. but signing lots of players will not mean, that you wont have success in the first season. it might just take longer, till it clicks. the most important thing during this bad streak is to stay positive and not to be too harsh to the players. usually after the first 6-7 games, your team should slowly start to show improvements. these aspects are especially important, when you play with tactics, which dont exploit the match engine, which live much more from the players abilities and not from exploiting certain areas of the match engine.

Had a very good start to the season, here is a screenie of results so far...

startofseason.jpg

As u can see, an unbeaten start so far, which im very happy with considering out of my first team squad of 24, 15 of them are "new" signings, whether they be made by me or as part of the starting database. So to be honest, the amount of new signings doesnt matter as long as u know how to manage them properly, but like el_magico says most people dont know how to man manage properly. It is vitally important, with rotation, teamtalks, team selection, etc.

By the way, Willian at AMR for 6 mil, and Hazard at AML for 16.5mil, are amazing. Im struggling to get Luis Suarez to play well as a striker, surprisingly Andy Carroll is doing very well upfront, i thought he would be useless. Either way ill probably sell both Suarez and Carroll at end of season and sign someone much more prolific for the tactic.

But so far loving this tactic, conceeding very few, scoring quite a lot, but it could be more once the squad has gelled together. But right now, this tactic is very effective, and will only get better as my Liverpool career continues

Had a very good start to the season, here is a screenie of results so far...

startofseason.jpg

As u can see, an unbeaten start so far, which im very happy with considering out of my first team squad of 24, 15 of them are "new" signings, whether they be made by me or as part of the starting database. So to be honest, the amount of new signings doesnt matter as long as u know how to manage them properly, but like el_magico says most people dont know how to man manage properly. It is vitally important, with rotation, teamtalks, team selection, etc.

By the way, Willian at AMR for 6 mil, and Hazard at AML for 16.5mil, are amazing. Im struggling to get Luis Suarez to play well as a striker, surprisingly Andy Carroll is doing very well upfront, i thought he would be useless. Either way ill probably sell both Suarez and Carroll at end of season and sign someone much more prolific for the tactic.

But so far loving this tactic, conceeding very few, scoring quite a lot, but it could be more once the squad has gelled together. But right now, this tactic is very effective, and will only get better as my Liverpool career continues

absolutely right mate. I can only repeat myself again and again... man management is the key to success for this tactic. I am pretty sure, your team will get better and better, with every game going on. even though you made a lot of signings, youre right in the case, that as long as you can manage your team well, it wont have such an impact, that the players are struggling to blend, but believe me mate, the results are going to be much better, when your team has just started to have a strong understanding with eacht other. also, if you have solid back four, you can really get a superb defensive performance. usually I never concede more than 25 goals in a season. but off course, if youre playing with lower sides and dont have good defenders, you might concede a bit more, but I think, it should be still in a positive area and shouldnt allow so many goals :)

Hey El maigico im gnna give this tactic a go with Villarreal got 4 mil to spend and do u think there defence is sufficent enough and i have a dilemma with the striker position nilmar or rossi or I could use rossi in amc pos and nilmar upfront and in the amc position will rossi score a few aswell? and do u think cani is good enough 4 the left wing im hoping with this tactic i can disrupt the 2 giants ive tried and failed in the past lol.

Hey El maigico im gnna give this tactic a go with Villarreal got 4 mil to spend and do u think there defence is sufficent enough and i have a dilemma with the striker position nilmar or rossi or I could use rossi in amc pos and nilmar upfront and in the amc position will rossi score a few aswell? and do u think cani is good enough 4 the left wing im hoping with this tactic i can disrupt the 2 giants ive tried and failed in the past lol.

mate, your squad has definately at least as much potential as atletico madrids and Ive won the treble with them and used kadlec on the left, torje on the right and witsel as amc, so really talented players in their very first season without reaching 50% of their potentials.

your squad has much more potential in my eyes, since you have some really class players.

just had a look at villarreals squad and noticed that you need at least one solid right back, since cicinhos positioning is awful. you have good central defenders and left backs. your midfield could need one back up player, as you only have 2 dmcs in the squad. cani would be definately my trequartista, as he has very good technical attributes, especially passing, off the ball movement, flair and creativity. for the wings, he is easily too slow.

as rossi can also play on the left side, I would use him on the left and nilmar as a striker.

Hi there, some one recommend your tactic for my tactic testing project. link: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2011-tactics-training/78624-my-huge-tactics-testing-project.html

you sure have got good comments here. if its ok, you'll be included on it. just for fun! :cool:

anyway, is there any other link where I can get your tactic? mediafire is taboo in this part of the world.. :mad:

Hi there, some one recommend your tactic for my tactic testing project. link: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2011-tactics-training/78624-my-huge-tactics-testing-project.html

you sure have got good comments here. if its ok, you'll be included on it. just for fun! :cool:

anyway, is there any other link where I can get your tactic? mediafire is taboo in this part of the world.. :mad:

hey mate, feel free to use it. I have no problems with that. which link would you like? have you a certain one?

edit:have uploaded it on two more sites. if you still have problems do download it, let me know it and you could also name me a site, where I could upload it again ;)

am really looking forward to this test. when are we going to get the results? :D

Cheers el magico ive signed alan patrick and have u checked out mario he in b team hes a class right back but bad for me man u an real madrid keep biddin 4 him an he now tellin me he wants to leave gutted hopin to get 6 mil 4 him tho and i will defo play cani in amc i see where ur cummin from an rossi hasngt played well in the pos in pre-season an decided to sign willian 4 the aml pos gutted but atleast i can play him on right nw hes been playin great in the left pos tho hehe hopefully i can do well I will post ss's after a few games if u want.

hey mate, feel free to use it. I have no problems with that. which link would you like? have you a certain one?

edit:have uploaded it on two more sites. if you still have problems do download it, let me know it and you could also name me a site, where I could upload it again ;)

am really looking forward to this test. when are we going to get the results? :D

can you give me the link for the two sites? let me try them first..

you can check the results for the 1st and 2nd rounds on the thread.. the 3rd one is running..

yours may have to wait with few other popular tactics..

its plug n play, attend every game.. so it'll take a while..

Cheers el magico ive signed alan patrick and have u checked out mario he in b team hes a class right back but bad for me man u an real madrid keep biddin 4 him an he now tellin me he wants to leave gutted hopin to get 6 mil 4 him tho and i will defo play cani in amc i see where ur cummin from an rossi hasngt played well in the pos in pre-season an decided to sign willian 4 the aml pos gutted but atleast i can play him on right nw hes been playin great in the left pos tho hehe hopefully i can do well I will post ss's after a few games if u want.

well mate, if youve signed william, I would use rossi as the striker.

he is almost the same player type as agüero and is composure and finishing attributes are even better. with nilmar, you would have a class back up.

can you give me the link for the two sites? let me try them first..

you can check the results for the 1st and 2nd rounds on the thread.. the 3rd one is running..

yours may have to wait with few other popular tactics..

its plug n play, attend every game.. so it'll take a while..

mate, check the starting post! Ive updated them :)

Haha this looks to good to be true, gonna put this in my tactic set alongside mrhough's tactic wich has some similarities with yours. I have also bought lukaku and i am planning to snap up edinson cavani at the start of second season as inter milan.

el magico, can you up a search filters for each position of your tactic ?!

mate, unfortunately, I am not familiar with these kinds of things. is there anywhere a tutorial?

but I think, the starting post should be detailed enough :)

@spooneyDM: mate, very good squad so far, let them gel and you will get much better results. but seriously, letting carragher play as a cb is called "suicide" in my eyes. he is so slow, that I would only let him play at home games, when I play against very very weak sides. dont try to sell him, but use him moch more as a coaching player, who just tutors your young center backs, as selling a team captain, who has very high influences to the whole team will mean, that the others will get annoyed and will react very negatively, which can cause bad results.

This is the league table halfway through the season, the tactic has been very very good so far, only player mistakes and set pieces is how i concede.

season1halfway.jpg

Amazing so far, considering my squad is still very very poor in my opinion, and ive had a lot of winger injuries, including Hazard and Willian. Suarez has helped me in coping with that problem though, he has been playing a lot better as a winger.

Lukaku is now my first choice striker, scoring for fun, Carroll is still doing the business when i play him too. And for me any tactic that gets Carroll playing well with his feet and scoring goals like Robbie Fowler is just pure brilliant. Love it!

PS. How sick is that start Chelsea have made to the season?! only 4 conceded in 19 matches! And they havent signed anyone, lol!

one question, why off the ball movement in the MDC position ?

Off The Ball attribute is under looked by most people, its very effective, i dont think u should solely look for a DMC with 17+ in Off The Ball, but it should definitely be 12+.

The amount of passes your fullbacks make is huge, fullbacks have a lot of possession, and that usually results in risky passes or hoofing if there is no short pass option available to a DMC. Nothing worse than a DMC that hides behind opposition players when your own defense is comfortable in possession.

One of the best real life examples i can think of right now is Lucas at Liverpool, when he first joined all he ever did was hide behind players and never make himself available to receive a pass from defense, whereas now he is very good at making himself available, one of the major improvements that got him so much credit last season.

But like El_Magico says in the first post, the DMC's have to be able to play football aswell as defend, and for me, Off The Ball is classed as a secondary attribute for DMC's with footballing ability. I think it was meant so that he doesnt advise you to go out and buy 2 or 3 "stopper" DMC's like Mascherano for example. I purchased N'zonzi as a "stopper" DMC so i have more options in certain situations, but the DMC's in this tactic from what i can see have to be strongly attributed mentally, for defending and attacking play.

nice and how did you in the league? how many signings have you done?

i dont know why but i cant make my screens viewable on this board...

so here are my signings in the 1st season http://imageshack.us/f/806/signings1011.jpg/

bought van der wiel because jallet was to slow and he made to many mistakes, same with zapata and bisevac, sissoko for the rdmc position, dzsuzsak and mbiwa where quite cheap an theye are good substitutes

1st season http://imageshack.us/f/52/season1011.jpg/ - matches http://imageshack.us/f/822/spiele.jpg/

as you can see i finished 2nd, only because i tied against stade brest and lost the last match against OM(they are not on the screen).... but i won the EL against chelsea and won the coupe de la ligue

here is my squad for the new season http://imageshack.us/f/148/squadwz.jpg/

and here are the signings http://imageshack.us/f/855/signings.jpg/

nene wanted to leave so i sold him and bought hulk, bought benzema for about 23mil€ because i was unhappy with hoarau

pastore raised his value from 10mil€ to 19.75mil€ in one season he is one reason why i shot so many goals, an amazing player!!

btw i am playing with the wally update, so psg is rich as f****!! :D

Off The Ball attribute is under looked by most people, its very effective, i dont think u should solely look for a DMC with 17+ in Off The Ball, but it should definitely be 12+.

The amount of passes your fullbacks make is huge, fullbacks have a lot of possession, and that usually results in risky passes or hoofing if there is no short pass option available to a DMC. Nothing worse than a DMC that hides behind opposition players when your own defense is comfortable in possession.

One of the best real life examples i can think of right now is Lucas at Liverpool, when he first joined all he ever did was hide behind players and never make himself available to receive a pass from defense, whereas now he is very good at making himself available, one of the major improvements that got him so much credit last season.

But like El_Magico says in the first post, the DMC's have to be able to play football aswell as defend, and for me, Off The Ball is classed as a secondary attribute for DMC's with footballing ability. I think it was meant so that he doesnt advise you to go out and buy 2 or 3 "stopper" DMC's like Mascherano for example. I purchased N'zonzi as a "stopper" DMC so i have more options in certain situations, but the DMC's in this tactic from what i can see have to be strongly attributed mentally, for defending and attacking play.

Nice piece off advice, cheers mate :)

I was on a run of 9 clean sheets in 11 matches, looking unbeatable, and then this madness happened...

crazymatch.jpg

Everytime i took the lead they just came right back at me, totally lost for words, in second half everytime i made a sub it paid off and i scored, but then BANG they replied.

Left me totally stumped, ah well, i guess a 5-5 is 1 point and a 0-1 is 0, so couldve been worse. Hopefully it was just a one off...

Hi

Thanks for this wonderful tactic, easily the best I have seen with the new creator. I started using it midway through last season and lifted my Wycombe side from mid-table to the league one playoffs - this year I used it from the start and won the league fairly comfortably despite having a small budget compared to my rivals (Portsmouth, Notts County and Barnsley) I was predicted 10th! I aslo enjoyed a run to the 4th round of the league cup.

Roll on the Championship

i dont know why but i cant make my screens viewable on this board...

so here are my signings in the 1st season http://imageshack.us/f/806/signings1011.jpg/

bought van der wiel because jallet was to slow and he made to many mistakes, same with zapata and bisevac, sissoko for the rdmc position, dzsuzsak and mbiwa where quite cheap an theye are good substitutes

1st season http://imageshack.us/f/52/season1011.jpg/ - matches http://imageshack.us/f/822/spiele.jpg/

as you can see i finished 2nd, only because i tied against stade brest and lost the last match against OM(they are not on the screen).... but i won the EL against chelsea and won the coupe de la ligue

here is my squad for the new season http://imageshack.us/f/148/squadwz.jpg/

and here are the signings http://imageshack.us/f/855/signings.jpg/

nene wanted to leave so i sold him and bought hulk, bought benzema for about 23mil€ because i was unhappy with hoarau

pastore raised his value from 10mil€ to 19.75mil€ in one season he is one reason why i shot so many goals, an amazing player!!

btw i am playing with the wally update, so psg is rich as f****!! :D

oh mate, you did a great mistake by signing sissoko :(

as Ive written it in my starting post, the most important thing to look at a dmc is, that he doesnt have the ppm" runs forward whenever possible". as long as I can remember, moussa sissoko has this ppm. this causes, that he starts his runs way too much early and your cbs and fullbacks have badly passing options + moussa sissoko will take away rooms and gaps from your attacking four. I would really advise you, to either replace him with another dmc, could be also a bit weaker than him, or try to unlearn him this ppm. Ive myself made bad experiences with capoune, as he has this ppm aswell.

I was on a run of 9 clean sheets in 11 matches, looking unbeatable, and then this madness happened...

crazymatch.jpg

Everytime i took the lead they just came right back at me, totally lost for words, in second half everytime i made a sub it paid off and i scored, but then BANG they replied.

Left me totally stumped, ah well, i guess a 5-5 is 1 point and a 0-1 is 0, so couldve been worse. Hopefully it was just a one off...

feel really bad for you mate, but believe me, Ive had a winning streak of 26 games with my atletico save and lost 1-3 at home against sociedad, who were 17th in the league. sometimes you can really do anything, when your players just have a bad day. in my atletico save, ive lost my first game against a top side, which was real in the cl semi finals 3-0, even though Ive never lost any game in the league or in cup against barca and real and also beaten real a few weeks ago in bernabeu 1-4. in the second leg Ive won 4-1 but real scored that one away goal and came to the finals. im sure, there isnt any tactic in the world, which you can win every game with.

edit: mate, could you name me your back four? who were you playing with?

edit: mate, could you name me your back four? who were you playing with?

My defense is really bad, for that match i had probably my strongest back 4 playing, Glen Johnson, Skrtel, Phil Jones, Aurelio.

But yeah like you said, there will always be a bad day, and that craziness didnt effect my results after that match.

My defense is really bad, for that match i had probably my strongest back 4 playing, Glen Johnson, Skrtel, Phil Jones, Aurelio.

But yeah like you said, there will always be a bad day, and that craziness didnt effect my results after that match.

sry mate, but aurelio and strongest bad and youre complaining to not getting a clean sheet against manu at old trafford, when you play with aurelio as a lb against nani or valencia? sry, but, I would have put anyone into that position, even a youngster from the youth team with decent pace, but never a aurelio. this guy is the biggest crap. try to find a decent lb mate!

Yeah Aurelio is awful, but still first season and so far he has played 25 matches, 6 assists, 85% pass completion and 7.22 average rating, which is pretty good considering his physical attributes are declining.

But ill be selling most of my defense at end of season in the summer.

Sry for asking...but where can i find those ppm 's?

its the players prefered movements. if you click on a player ans go to the position or personal section of a player, where you can also see, which positions he can play, you can see, whether he has ppms or not.

What's 'TTB' mean is it through balls?

for the last time mate, the tactic from the starting post, with 3 links to download, is the only one existing.

download it and you dont need to do any tweaks or something else!

btw:ttb means try through balls ;)

After a long break from FM11 and due to the premiership kicking off today i thought i would load up a league with Montrose in Scottish Div3.

Im still in pre-season but i just beat Alloa 4-3 and they are a league 2 side :)

Looks a cracking tactic and having read through the whole forum there are very few negative comments out of nearly 300 so well done to you. I will report back when i am half way through the season

After a long break from FM11 and due to the premiership kicking off today i thought i would load up a league with Montrose in Scottish Div3.

Im still in pre-season but i just beat Alloa 4-3 and they are a league 2 side :)

Looks a cracking tactic and having read through the whole forum there are very few negative comments out of nearly 300 so well done to you. I will report back when i am half way through the season

mate, there arent any negative comments. just check the further comments of those users, who have complained about not winning the first games or having a bad start. every single one of them had a good season ending ;)

Yeah sorry that sounded wrong, your absolutley right. The only negative comments where the guys managing Arsenal and Man City who both went on to post positive screen shots of fantastic runs.

Yeah sorry that sounded wrong, your absolutley right. The only negative comments where the guys managing Arsenal and Man City who both went on to post positive screen shots of fantastic runs.

mate, I cant really stress it enough, this isnt really a plug and play tactic, where you just put the players into the right positions and expect some results. right man management is as important as the tactic itself. if you are not able to motivate your players, get a good ass manager and let him do the talks. if you are not able, to spread positive reactions with press conferences, then you should really quit the game, since there isnt anything easier then that. if morales are low, you cant expect to beat manutd at old trafford, so you need to keep up morales high, your players must be happy to play for you and the rest will come from itself.

Archived