One Name, One Team (Sign-up)

One Name, One Team (Sign-up)

This signup is about creating a team with all the players and staff with the same first name. I will track the league and how the teams perform during one season. Just one season for now.

I will make updates every week. I will try to do to 2 or 3 game dates per update.

In your squad should be of a minimum of 22 (2 goalkeepers) or 23 to 25 with 3 goalkeepers.

You have to find a staff of:

1 Manager

1 Assistant Manager

3 Coaches

1 Scout

1 Physio

Think that the best way to find the players is the editor. You can use any person you find in the 11.3 database.

Here as a mode of example (if any of you wants to use this name I won't use it):

Scott's team

First XI

GK – Scott Loach

RB - Scott Sutter

CB - Scott Dann

CB - Scott Severin

LB - Scott Chipperfield

RM - Scott Brown

MC - Scott Parker

MC - Scott Robertson

LM - Scott Ramsey

ST - Scott McDonald

ST - Scott Vernon

Staff

MANAGER - Scott Jocky

ASSISTANT- Scott Leitch

COACH - Scott Kallacher

COACH - Scott Sellars

COACH - Scott Thomson

SCOUT - Scott McLachlan

PHYSIO - Scott Geoff

Sent me a PM with the name you choose and then I will confirm with you if this name is available or if it's one of this names that more than one team will be created. If two players choose this name we will make a draft for the players. Once all the names are approved, we will start with the composition of the teams.

The 15 first PM will get a spot, the 16th is for me.

List of common names:

Alejandro

Alessandro

André

Carlos

Christian

Cristian

Daniel

Diego

Fernando

Kevin

Marco

Pablo

Paul

Pedro

Ricardo

Roberto

Thomas

IMPORTANT: It's common in the latin countries to have more than one name. Jose Maria (Gutierrez, Guti), Jose Manuel (Reina), Luis Enrique (Martinez, manager of Barça B), Cristiano Ronaldo (yeah, Ronaldo isn't his family name, was chosen after Ronald Reagan, who was his father's favourite actor, lol). In these cases I will accept only the first of his given names. Jose, Jose, Luis and Cristiano.

If the player's fooball name is a nickname, for example, Luisao (from Benfica), you will have to look at the full name, in this case Ânderson Luís da Silva. So, here we have that he's given name is Anderson Luis. Then I will accept him as an Anderson not a Luis.

Good luck.

List of participants:

#....User................................Name

1....letissierandhenryaregreat...........Gareth
2....ToffeeViola.........................David
3....NicKC13573..........................Nicholas
4....Shadaza.............................Michael
5....Biscotti............................Luis
6....toon_balmy..........................Andrea
7....18Rabbit............................Wayne
8....BuffaloPhil.........................Fabio
9....18Rabbit............................José
10....salzia27...........................John
11....Adamw..............................Adam
12....stothy.............................Javier
16....ggrive

What leagues do you have loaded? What is the size of the database? What's playable, and what is look only? These questions have an effect upon which names are best to use, or even available (have enough people to fill out a team).

I have the same questions :)

What leagues do you have loaded? What is the size of the database? What's playable, and what is look only? These questions have an effect upon which names are best to use, or even available (have enough people to fill out a team).

Since I'll be using the editor, you can use any person that appears in the 11.3 database.

Also, I will try to post later today a list of the most common names in the editor. I hope it helps to encourage people to sign in.

I also remove the rule that for some names more than one team can be created. That will smooth the system.

Steven's Team

First XI

GK –

RB - Steven Reid

CB - Steven Mouyokolo

CB - Steven Taylor

LB - Steven Smith

RM - Steven Davis

MC - Steven N'Zonzi

MC - Steven Gerrard

MC- Steven Defour

LM - Steven Pienaar

ST - Steven Fletcher

Staff

MANAGER -

ASSISTANT-

COACH -

COACH -

COACH -

SCOUT - Steven Mahon

PHYSIO - Steven Hughes

Well I'm struggling to fill the remaining spots but I'll try to fill them soon

im using the name Nicholas (do Nickolas, Nikolas, Nickolaus, and any other variation on the name count?)

Sorry Nick, no variations of the name but you can use diminutives as Nick or Nicky.

It's Gareth, not Gereth.

Ooopss mistyped. Corrected!

Steven's Team

I'm very reliant on 'steve' being ok for the staff? Very tricky otherwise...

Obviously I'll need to know whether it's ok or not then, up to you.

Sorry Adam, you will have to choose between Steven and Stephen. Steve is usually used as a diminutive of Stephen.

About the GK problem. This is one of the interesting things of the signup. Not every name has good players for all the positions.

well I will wait until the end of the week end for new people. Then, I will led the people that has already made a team, make a second if you want.

If that help's I posted on the first post some common names in the game

When are you starting this as I would like to do one, but would not be able to get the team to you until tomorrow morning about 9am.

Would Alex (the Chelsea defender) but eligable for an Alex team?

I updated the participants list. There are 2 more spots if everybody that has requested a team sends it.

I am potentially interested in giving this a go, but a quick question:

Do players that go by a nickname (e.g. Brazilians, Portuguese, etc.) count as their real name, or not?

The name I will take into account is the first name in the full name. For example, Ânderson Luís da Silva (Luisao from Benfica), he have Luis but he will be eligible for Anderson team since is the first of his forenames.

When are you starting this as I would like to do one, but would not be able to get the team to you until tomorrow morning about 9am.

Would Alex (the Chelsea defender) but eligible for an Alex team?

When I started with the research for this signup, I come up with the Alex problematic. He's name is not Alexandre (Pato), Alejandro (I don't recall an Alejandro... but there are lots in the DB), Alessandro (del Piero) or Alexander (Ferguson). Alex from Chelsea is just Alex. That puts him in another category, the Alex, "The just Alex".

I'm curious too, say for instance Pato. His real name is Alexandre Rodrigues da Silva but his Common name in the DB is Pato. Is he eligible for an Alexandre team or only a Pato team?

Alexandre :)

random team for me?

Send me a name and in return I will send you the form.

Do you need another team? Is this still alive? :)

It is still alive. I had no time last week but I will try to start the next one. About the team, yeah, no problem, do another one if you want.

ggrive has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

So:

Club Name (containing the name you choose): Come and ‘Javier’ go if you think you’re ‘ard enough!

(Short: Javier)

Home colors & jersey style: Light blue and Yellow hoops

Away colors & jersey style: Red and white hoops

Arena Name: Crib Javier

SQUAD

Player 1 (GK): Javier Klimowicz

Player 2: Javier Zanetti

Player 3: Javier Chica

Player 4: Javier García Fernández

Player 5: Javier Muñoz Mustafá

Player 6: Javier Mascherano

Player 7: Javier Arizmendi

Player 8: Javier Márquez

Player 9: Javier Hernández

Player 10: Javier Saviola

Player 11: Javier Camuñas

Player 12: Javier Del Pino

Player 13 (GK): Javier Irazún

Player 14: Javier Reina

Player 15: Javier Pastore

Player 16: Javier Casquero

Player 17: Javier Gandolfi

Player 18: Javier Pinola

Player 19: Javier Matilla

Player 20: Javier Páez

Player 21: Javier Martínez

Player 22: Javier Rodríguez Venta

Player 23 (GK): Javier Varas

Player 24: Javier Chevantón

Player 25: Javier Yeste

STAFF

Manager: Javier Aguirre

Ass. Manager: Javier Clemente

Coach: Javier Noya

Coach: Javier López

Coach: Javier Irureta

Physio: Javier Vázquez

Scout: Javier Recio

I have created a draft for a team "Diego" so coldkohmew or anyone else wishes to see the list for insperation feel free to PM me, it's a created team im about 80% happy with and can be used if you need another team GGrive :) I'm just not 100% happy with it yet.

Archived