The Lost Season 4 UK Thread *Sky One* 8 Episodes - Then we wait!

sebsy

picked up probaly a major thing during that episode:

that guy from oceana flights has hired a hit team to take out the people on the island after people found out about the fake bodies used to falsely show people that flight whatever number are all dead so that they won't lose millions. he thinks no one is alive but just wants to make sure incase something happens.

ben has obviously got something to do with this, perhaps actually protecting the survivors in a way from the 4 people that have just arrived on the island.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Kev_celt:

There is no guarentee that guy is from Oceanic, that's just what he told Hurley.

One theory going round is that the team are some how affiliated with Dharma, hence wanting to get Ben.

A pretty good theory.

I am surprised that they had a recent picture of Ben. So that means at some point he left the island. Perhaps the fact that he left the island caused his spinal tumour.

I suspect that if we get another Ben flashback we might see why and when he left the island.

I don't think that it was just Oceanic that set up the fake Flight 815, it was Dharma or who ever the black guy works for.

could have been in one of the many buildings round the camp they had (that beginning bit of season 3 still so awesome).

hope they havent forgotten about the numbers. still want to know what they mean.

still wondering if it some kind of middle world between life and death, hope they do something big like that rather than just 'oh ghosts are real and are sometimes big black misty things'

ben of the island isnt really a shock anyway, i always tought it was safe to assume he was gonna be taken off it, after all a lot of folk speculated that it was his body that was in the coffin.

but interesting alright that sayid is working for him, what did sayid say at the end to ben, did he say summat like "they know we're after them now"?

and back to ben being off, i dont think he'd be classed as an oceanic 6, so we're lookin at 7 who got off the island.

Such a WTF moment icon_biggrin.gif

Sayid number four for the Oceanic six, don't think Ben counts. Gotta say though, after hearing about "a shocking episode that shows a new side of Sayid's character" I'm a little disappointed. We already knew Sayid could be a ruthless bastard at times, and him killing folks is hardly a huge leap.

In a few years, once Lost is finished, the folks who watch it right through on the DVD's will miss so much of the show imo, due to the fact they can watch it right through. For me at least, part of it's appeal is the waiting after the many WTF moments.

Originally posted by Jearm84:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnzy:

Can someone remind me what happened to the rest of the others?

aren't they on the other island? that or they went into hiding didnt they? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They went to some place Ben called "The Temple"

I bet that it's got something to do with that 4 toed statue foot from the end of the first season.

I suspected that Ben has gone off the island before and his collection of passports more or less confirms it.

Also it isn't only the "Oceanic 6" that got off the island, Ben got off so other people like Desmond and Rosseau who weren't on Oceanic 815 could have got off and not be counted as one of the 6.

The list that Ben is giving Sayid must be the people behind the ship and/or Dharma.

I wonder if he gets another flash forward whether Alan Dale re-appears as Penny's father.

Originally posted by Andrew K:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LycanGav:

Or part of her "settlement" was all charges against her dropped?

How could that be part of a settlement with a private company? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All this time and you still think it's just one company?

We don't know for sure this is limited to a private company. Any number of possible explanations. Government sponsorship or funding (projects are often outsourced), or perhaps they have Government officials on their payroll. It's certainly not outside the realms of possibility.

Originally posted by rosslarkin:

That's what I aaumed too Gav

Was the bracelet Sayid was holding walking through the jungle on the way to find Locke the same one that he took off the girl in the flashforward? If so, that throws up a whole new bag of WTF.....

Was my thought when I saw it. Also wondering what significance the inscription carried, as Sayid seemed to make a decision/come to a conclusion after seeing it.

Doesn't have to be time travel. I remember sometime about time displacement effects caused by magnetic fields when I was investigating the polar bear stuff last year. It was all theoretical ofc, and I barely breezed through the articles, but temporal shifts and displacement bubbles were mentioned.

I bring up the magnetic field stuff again because it also happens to fit with the helicopter shenanigans from the last few episodes. Instruments shutting down/going crazy and Daniel telling the pilot to fly the same bearing, perhaps there is a specific gap in the field?

tbf in the finale of season 3, Kate still looked like she was on the run. So, maybe she did one of her famous escape acts that she seems to have managed about 4000 times so far (police are brilliantly rubbish on TV)

All the rest of it I have no idea. I've given up trying to work out what the hell is going on now though.

some of you might stubbornly not visit the other thread. so instead of hitting you with a triple post, I'll condense it all in one post:

3 questions:

1. When the fake plane was found, all passengers being dead would hav ebeen based on the fact that there were as many bodies as on the manifest and crew schedule?

2. If 1 above is correct, how can there be any Oceani survivors?

3. given that this season seems to deal with flash forwards, is there anything that leads us to believe when the chopper pilot cries it is indeed a flash forward?

4. Naomi seemed to be genuinely surprised to hear that the people on the island were survivors of the crash.

ah you get a double post though - I can't seem to remember what happened to the rest of the Dharma crew. They were wandering about waiting for Locke to kill his Dad. What happened to them and the guy who was an original island person. Richard?

Originally posted by Jongi:

ah you get a double post though - I can't seem to remember what happened to the rest of the Dharma crew. They were wandering about waiting for Locke to kill his Dad. What happened to them and the guy who was an original island person. Richard?

Ben had Richard lead them to 'The Temple', while some of them made their failed assault on the beach.

Ben wanted them to be somewhere safe. I'm not too sure how soon we'll see them again, because I believe the actor that played Richard was involved in a new show during the filming of these episodes. He could easily show back up in the final run of episodes after the break.

For those that don't frequent the US thread or foobs' forum

Welcome back!

Carlton Cuse: It's good to be back. It'll be even better tomorrow when the writers all start rolling in and we start getting to work... pending the vote, of course.

What came out of your meeting with ABC today?

Cuse: Damon [lindelof] and I are going to try and make five more episodes before the end of May, which is ambitious. But, we've found ourselves in situation where we had eight episodes of story planned, and we're going to try to fit that into five hours of the show. Even though it's going to be very hard to execute, we felt like any less would be doing a disservice to the story we had planned. We really want to give the fans the best possible experience and ending that we can to Season 4.

Any chance that the first of the five episodes will air the week after that last pre-strike episode— thus eliminating any scheduling gap?

Cuse: No, there's probably going to be four weeks between the airing of the first batch of episodes and our new episodes.

What will happen to the three "lost" episodes? Will they roll over into next season's 16, or will they vanish forever?

Cuse: Damon and I remain committed to producing the 40 additional hours of the show that we promised. We haven't figured out exactly when we'll put those other three on, but we're not eliminating them from the show. You will get those three episodes downstream.

I know it's early, but have you decided what will have to get cut from this season's arc in order to accelerate things? Are we going to lose some flashbacks and/or flash-forwards?

Cuse: All those conversations will take place tomorrow when we actually start talking about story.

Is it possible that some guest actors you were planning to use before the strike may no longer be available now? Like, for example, *semi-spoiler removed*?

Cuse: Yeah, there are a lot of issues that have to get sorted out. We're also in the middle of pilot season... We're kind of figuring out what has happened to all of our actors who have gone on to do other things. Literally, there are cobwebs on the couches in the writers' room. Call me in a couple of days and I should have more answers for you.

Lost is back! Oh, wait, that happened two weeks ago.

What I mean is, Lost will be back-back, after the strike. And even better, we've just checked in with inside sources, and we have dates! Yes, dates! So, break out your calendars, 'cause we're hearing this is the approved plan:

The last episode of the current pod (episode seven) will air Mar. 13. Then the show will be off the air a little more than a month and return Apr. 17 at 9 p.m.

(That Apr. 17 episode will be the already-completed episode eight, which was filmed prestrike, but which apparently works much better as a minipremiere than it does as a minifinale.)

Anyhoo, the following week, on Thurs., Apr. 24, a little show called Grey's Anatomy returns to its usual 9 p.m. time slot, so Lost will move to 10 p.m., where it will stay for the rest of the season.

"Yippee" just doesn't do it justice, does it?

To find out what this all means for the season-four story, I checked in with my personal Jesus, Damon Lindelof, who explains how his writing team plans to squish the eight episodes of plot they had planned into only five more episodes.

"We are going to execute our full story plan for season four," D.L. says. "This simply requires a shift from high-octane storytelling to superhigh-octane storytelling. It requires no cramming, only a slightly heavier foot on the gas pedal...so, hold on to your hats. Those of you waiting for the long-anticipated Jin and Hurley Ping-Pong tournament, however, will be very disappointed."

Originally posted by Aslan:

Did we find out how Kate was arrested in Australia?

IIRC a farmer found her in his barn and she stayed there for a while before the farmer called the authorities. I think that he was driving her to meet the marshall when Kate forced him to crash.

She stayed to help the farmer when the marshall arrived.

Archived