FM11: Fernando Llorente- The Lion King

ArranoBeltza

Fernando-Llorente-2.jpg

BIO

Fernando Llorente Torres (born February 26, 1985), nicknamed El Rey León (The Lion King in Spanish), is a Spanish footballer who plays for Athletic Bilbao and the Spanish national team, as a striker.

Llorente started his career with Athletic Bilbao, swiftly working his way through the various youth ranks, and becoming one of the most important offensive players for the club in the following decade, since making his first team debuts in 2005.

A Spanish international since late 2008, he helped the national team win the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

IN-GAME

llorente.jpg

In-game, Llorente starts off as a perfect target-man, but can play in other roles as well (advanced forward, complete forward). Being an important first-team player for Athletic Club, he may be expensive for potential buyers but could also be well worth the price.

In my save, he had a strong first season, and ended up winning the Top Spanish Goalscorer award and the Spanish League Player of the Year award.

Why is he called The Lion King?

comes from the club nickname

They are known as the Los Leones (the lions) because their stadium was built near a church called San Mamés (Saint Mammes). Mammes was an early Christian thrown to the lions by the Romans. The lions refused to eat Mammes and he was later made a saint. The San Mamés Stadium is hence nicknamed "the football cathedral".

Not really, its to do with the clubs nickname, and a reflection of his prominence at the club. I don't think Batistuta ever played for Bilbao did he?

Llorente is an excellent player though, just a shame I can never get him to sign for me at Stoke I'm always happy to pay the £15m or so Bilbao want he just never agrees to come. By the time he will come better regens have come through and he's the wrong side of 30 but he does look to easily have the potential to be a 30 - 40 goal a season striker himself as well as laying on 20+ assists.

Llorente is a really good TM

But, Edin Dezko Is Immense in my Barcelone Save he has 17 in 17 And im Only in November

Dzeko is probably a better goal scorer but it is good to try out new players plus Llorente is Spanish(obviously) and it's always nice to have some home country players in your side.

But, Edin Dezko Is Immense in my Barcelone Save he has 17 in 17 And im Only in November

Literally anyone can win literally everything at Barca every season by buying all the best players, the challenge comes from trying out different things in terms of players and tactics etc.

Whether its been poor AI management or not I don't know, but Dzeko has seemed to be a right bad egg in my couple of saves. I'm going to actually try another cheeky bid for Llorente to replace Tardelli in my side.

most have been a bit sleepy when I typed, with TM I ment the mold of player he is, not the role I was using him in (he play false nine on my barca save), im sure I could get a similar goal production out of Llorente (to what you have with Dzeko) if I build a tactic around him scoring goals

I considered him for Spurs, and will again if i restart my save. I went with Andy Carroll though, who seems to have similar potential.

Anyway, how do you build a tactic around players such as Llorente scoring goals? I much prefer tall target men upfront, cannot stand the little South American types with no workrate and not stamina/strength

I considered him for Spurs, and will again if i restart my save. I went with Andy Carroll though, who seems to have similar potential.

Anyway, how do you build a tactic around players such as Llorente scoring goals? I much prefer tall target men upfront, cannot stand the little South American types with no workrate and not stamina/strength

I play a direct attacking 4-4-2 with attacking RM and LM players and a supporting advanced playmaker and defending ball-winning MF at CM, with Llorente as a supporting TM alongside a poacher or advanced forward in attack. I usually set "exploit the flanks" as one of my shouts as well.

i swear my first thought when i saw the topic title i thought it was because of his hair ^^

im sure both size and hair have just as much to do with it ^^

That's what he does best!!!

did you notice he was also the one making the intial pass to Messi? he then made a close to perfect run into the box to beat 2 guys in the air

• 2 weeks later...

I brought in Llorente in my new Spurs save, where he cost me $33.5mil. In his first season, he got injured for 3 to four months just as he started hitting his stride, and ended the season with only 10 goals in 32 apps (all comps).

Now, though, he currently has 22 goals in 22 apps (all comps), with 11 goals in his last 5 matches. Here's the last match I played:

5starllorente.jpg

He also scored a hat-trick against Bayern in an earlier CL game.

After coming in, Llorente had a forgettable season- he only managed 7 league goals and suffered a long injury.

Then, he came good my second season:

2012spursllorente.jpg

He ended third on the league scoring chart (third because Fernando Torres, in second, played fewer matches), won the Champion's League Golden Boot, and was third-placed for the Champion's League Best Player (where he also made the dream team)

what role you use him ? and in what formation with sc partner or he is leading the line on his own

I play him as a lone TM up front in a 4-2-3-1 with wingers, Bale is an inside fwd on the left, Van der Vaart/Hamsik is a trequartista in the middle, with Lennon as a RW. All of them (including Llorente) are played in attacking roles.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

llorentestat.jpg

[video=youtube;I4GcRrVv7sQ]

[video=youtube;sxniNTtk-2E]

Loving my save at the moment mainly thanks to the performances of Llorente, in my opinion he could cut it at any team on the game as the big man up front. He is capable of a few different types of goals heading obviously his strong point but the first goal in the second clip is not a one off.

Archived