Your Biggest Career Move

On 06, I started a game and bounced around a couple of Conference sides. Managed to get one promoted, I honestly forget who, and we were doing quite well in League Two before Blackburn approached me. I'm sure I've still got the save game somewhere, as I've a few of my old saved games for some reason.

This also has to do what level you have yourself setup as when you start the game........eg semi professional, international player etc.

I can only see this topic IF you started the game as a sunday league player level and NOT as an international.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lil ole me:

This also has to do what level you have yourself setup as when you start the game........eg semi professional, international player etc.

I can only see this topic IF you started the game as a sunday league player level and NOT as an international. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is very true. One time as an experiment, I started with international reputation but as manager of a Conference South team, and literally within a couple weeks of being there, a Premiership team contacted me with interest in me taking over their team.

Guest tattywatter

Kettering Town to Sunderland in 20 seasons(via Hull, Portsmouth, Tottenham, Barcelona and Man Utd).

Wherever I start and wherever I go I always come home to roost! Ha'way the lads!

I'm currently the Saints, just got promoted after my first season, into the prem. I've been linked to the Man Utd job, but i'm not sure whether to apply or try to do ok this season with the saints and see what happens.

Just signed some quality players to strengthen my squad as well, plus Saganowski is a star!

I tend to start a new game before I get too far along, but a couple of versions back I began as an unknown manager with Hartlepool and the Australian National Team and played through several seasons. I got Hartlepool promoted in my first season and qualified Australia for the World Cup. Second year I signed Ronaldo from Real Madrid on a free for Hartlepool(!) and achieved promotion to the Premiership. I finished 4th in the World Cup with Aus, knocking England out along the way, and straight after the tournament England offered me the National job, which I turned down preferring to stay with Australia, who I'd taken to a top-10 Fifa world ranking. The next season I narrowly avoided the drop with Hartlepool - on the last day of the season, despite a 3-0 loss to Arsenal - and the season after that I was challenging for a Champion's League position. I was 4th with about 8 games left when Tottenham, who were about 7th, offered me a job. I decided to move and ended up finishing 4th or 5th. Hartlepool, now under the guidance of the Man U Assistant Manager, finished 2nd. I stopped playing at that point and started a new game with Chesterfield.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Burscoughnian:

Burscough > West Ham > Gladbach > Monaco > Leeds > Internazionale icon_cool.gif

From humble Victoria Park to San Siro in 18 years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well done!! burscough is my localist team on FM icon_biggrin.gif

probably on 05 darmstadt (german regional division south) to Braga in the portuguese league, not a massive club but one of my most fondly remembered career stints, plus I switched teams mid season with braga in the relegation zone and ended up leading them to europe, at the beginning of the season with that mediocre german side you would have got long odds on that. plus on 07 I decided to have a rest from taking 2nd level teams to promotion in my first season and eventual league title (something I did with Ipswich, Verona and Liverpool, the 3 teams I had managed thus far) and decided to send small club up the leagues, so from liverpool I went to mansfield in the conf south, then got bored and bounced up to Chelsea.

St. Pauli to ManU, although in 2012, ManU was 20th in Premiership in Februray, in real danger of getting relegated with the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, Anderson, Nasri, Evra, Vidic, Hleb, Craig Gordon, Ustari all in the prime of their careers.

Was able to shoot them straight up to 7th by the end of the season. Dunno how AI managed to do so poorly with that team

Guest darrenkahan

Linfield (Northern Ireland) to manchester united...then to PSV, then to Spurs, then Bayern to Real Madrid, Back to United and finishing off my career with Chicago...Like to call myself a journeyman icon_wink.gif

I have two saved games, one with Arsenal and i started the manger with sunday league experience and are still with Arsenal in 2015 having excellent success in most competitions regular. My other saved game is in charge of Barrow in the Blue Square North division. I am still in charge of Barrow and are in 2012 and i have took them to the Championship division and are currently in 2nd spot with 11 games to go. My huge stadium of 13000 will be packed every week, i think i need a new stadium icon_wink.gif

Archived