FM11: English small club to big club challenge: extended edition - Levels 7-11

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excellent 1st season, you should be alright at the next level as there isn't too much difference. Don't worry about the link with Grimsby, you'll be above them soon :p

I used to be a season ticket holder in the glory days (of the championship) but a double relegation took it all away. I've only signed 4 players (got two on loan from Grimsby Town - every cloud.....) So hopefully that should be enough to take me to level 8!

Another fine season with Methyr town (did they used to be Merthyr Tydfil?) How do you think you will fare in your Blue Square Prem Season. Also how do you do the "code" thing at the bottom of your update posts?

If I remember right, would that be around 2001/02 season as I clearly remember watching Man City vs Grismby.

Thats right, they used to be Merthyr Tydfil, with what I have seen so far, I should be at least challenging for the title.

it is

[/code ] (don't leave a space between the e and the ], I was just using it to show you.) Your text would go in the middle, use notepad to get everything straight before copying and pasting it in the middle.

B.W.G - Merthyr Town - Blue Square Premier (Level 5) - 2015/16

Transfers - I got what I needed and was hopeful I could make a challenge on at least the playoffs. Ray Burns was my pick of the transfers as he is dubbbed the new Michael Owen although he is alot less injury prone!!

Competitions

Blue Square Prem - Table - Well that was easier then expected, I thought that recently relegated Crawley Town and Kettering would at least provide some type of challenge but no. The thing with this season was that the games were even but we managed to convert alot more chances than the opposition. Biggest win was 7-2 against Corby Town.

FA Cup - 5th Round - Thats right we made the 5th round!!! We beat Ebsfleet (BSP) 1-0 in the 1st round, 5-1 against Nottingham Forest (L1) in the 2nd round, 6-1 against Wycombe (L2) in the 3rd round and Brentford 2-0 in the 4th round so it was a easy route to the 5th. We had no chance against Villa though as they dominated for long spells and did actually put the ball in the net 5 times but thank god for the offside rule to make it look more respectable. This however was Villas 1st team so I can't really complain except for the tie not being at Villa Park.

FA Trophy - Winners - How we didn't put the ball in the net is beyond me as we practically dominated the entire game. Lucky enough we managed to keep our nerve in the penalty shoot out. With this victory it made it 4 FA Trophys in a row!!.

Players/Awards

I won Manager of the Year for the 1st time in a few seasons and well deserved it was.

Loanee Ray Burns was top scorer hitting 36 goals in 49 apps. He was Top Scorer in the Blue Square Prem and won Player of the Season.

Pat Ulor topped the assist chart with 24.

Centre back Jose Quintas won Fans Player of the Year. He deserves an award as he is always one of the most consistent performers I've ever had. The fact he heas the potential to play in the premiership shows that I need to keep him at all costs as well.

Expectations

For this season, the new chairman wants us to avoid relegation, reach the 2nd round of the FA Cup and just learn from the experience in the league cup and the JPT Trophy.

With the amount I will be spending on wages this season, I will be aiming for promotion, good runs in the FA Cup and league cup and I recokon I could reach the quarter finals in the JPT if the draw is kind. I have decided this as I will be maxing out a 2,000 capacity stadium so I will need other ways to cover wages and I need to aim higher to try and help income if I can get promoted.

I hope the new signings come good as they are all have the potential to play in the premiership which took ages to scout through!!.

The Exiles 2015/16

The exiles are the Welsh Clubs who turned down the chance to play in the League of Wales and opted to keep playing in the English leagues. I thought I would keep track of how they perform to see what the future holds for the Welsh team, I will include Merthyr Town in this list as well.

1 - Cardiff - Finished 19th in the Premiership

2 - Swansea - Finished 19th in League 1

3 - Merthyr Town - Finished 1st in Blue Square Premier.

4 - Newport County - Finished 5th in Blue Square South (Promoted via Playoffs)

5 - Colwyn Bay - Finished 13th in Blue Square North

6 - Wrexham - Finsihed 19th in Blue Square North

The other exiles other then us and Newport had disappointing seasons although Cardiff would have gained quite a considerable amount of money from playing which hopefully can go towards facilities to help the national team.

Season      Division            Position     FA Cup    Champs League     Euro CUp     Acheivements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Toolstation D1(L10)      1st       2nd Rnd        N/A            N/A        Promotion
2011/12   Toolstation Prm(L9)      1st       2nd Rnd        N/A            N/A        Promotion
2012/13   Zamaretto D1SW (L8)      1st       3rd Rnd        N/A            N/A        Promotion,FA Trophy Winners
2013/14   Zameretto Prem (L7)      1st       3rd Rnd        N/A            N/A        Promotion,FA Trophy Winners
2014/15   Bl.Square South(L6)      1st       4th Rnd        N/A            N/A        Promotion,FA Trophy Winners
2015/16   Bl.Square Prem (L5)      1st       5th Rnd        N/A            N/A        Promotion,FA Trophy Winners.

Thanks :thup: I personally think you should takeover A.F.C. Blackpool in the Vodkat League Division 1. They seem to have been pretty successful on my save as they have made their way up to Evo-Stik league 1st division north (level 8). Also you could try and make it so there are 2 successful teams in Blackpool :p

Thanks :thup: I personally think you should takeover A.F.C. Blackpool in the Vodkat League Division 1. They seem to have been pretty successful on my save as they have made their way up to Evo-Stik league 1st division north (level 8). Also you could try and make it so there are 2 successful teams in Blackpool :p

They were one of the teams in my thoughts. Still got it on the page to decide now, I think I want to be a Northern team this time.

Unfortunately, my new board seem more fond of facilites, they have given in to training facilities, youth facilities and are in the planning stage of youth academy. When I asked about the stadium, they said they felt they didn't have a big enough fanbase to warrant a new stadium.

Quintas is very special. He has the potential to be a good premiership player, he is also the best in my squad! The new season has seen me just buy players with premiership potential so I will not be signing except for squad players who will be backup or rotation, the only position I am looking to improve is my AMR position. So the next few seasons will see very little transfer activity hopefully.

Unfortunately, my new board seem more fond of facilities,

Yea first time this year (due to having 300k in the bank) i asked if we could buy our 3000 (180 seated) stadium they said no due to lack of fan base.

I asked for training ground improvement they said no, so i coaxed them in with the "rivals" comment and they said yes. Just finished my second season won Level 9, update will follow!

That's a ambitious step premiership potential only! Good luck non the less, if your on large database search for Cristian Tiboni, on a previous save with Grimsby town he fired me into the premiership!

Wes_Coulam - Grimsby Borough - Kool Sport Northern Counties East Premier Division - (2011-12) - Level 9

Transfers - Didn't really bring any good players at the beginning mostly squad players but the early signing of Ashman was nice! Later on in the season i got my new goalie Gilpin (Ex doncaster 4 years ago that is) & Micah Evans who is playing nicely (ex blackburn)

Competitions

Kool Sport Northern Counties Premier Division - Table - Was complete domination for the second year running the standard wasn't much difference won the league with 8 games to go had lost 1 game up to then just started playing some squad players make them happy for the following year. Gifton ran riot again.

Fa Cup - 1st Round - Was very happy with this years cup run to get to the first round real, Farnbourough although higher in the league than me wasn't the better team and we was very unlucky to lose!

Fa Vase - 3rd Round - We dominated this game 4 CCC to their 0 and somehow came away with a loss, was dissapointed i fancied us an outside bet for the Vase.

Key Players

Gifton Noel-Williams - Another Amazing Year From My Experienced Striker, he was fans player of the year for a second year in a row, League top goalscorer, League player of the season, a pure clean sweep his immense.

Micah Evans - Joined late in the season but he's quite quick , low finishing but at this level he will do the job!

Antony Ashman - My new solid centre back and at 6"4 and 15 jumping at this standard he's a menace at the back post as he showed with 10 goals!

Summary

Another good year securing promotion to Level 8, very happy with Noel-Williams only thing is im worried about who is going to replace my star striker he's 32 new year we have a good relationship he's just singed a 3 year contract to see out his career with me! Also good old Darren Barnard is retiring at the end of they year, one last year for the Borough! at the tender age of 40. League was quite easy the standard didn't change, i was very dissapointed with Fa Vase , Fa cup we was lucky but aslong as we rise through the league's that's my main focus.

Future/Expectations

We're still Semi-Pro we had 300k in the bank and i was strangely hoping the board might fancy going pro but at level 8 its probably too early for that! The board agreed to upgrade the training facilities which should help us out! They also gave me 40k to spend and a wage budget of 2.3k a week so ill see what else we can pick up. As for the league the board expect mid table and so do the media although they gave me 5-4 odds about 4th best, Fa cup 4th qual round, fa trophy second qual round, Northern League presidents cup & northern league challenge cup the board don't count as important (going up in the world) so that will be nice for the squad players. Random future i feel close to Noel-Williams (ON FM that is) so i want him to retire at the club a legend (hopefully) then take him as a coach.

Another excellent season Wes, don't expect level 8 to be any harder then you have previously done.

I'm afraid Tiboni isn't on my save even though I have a large database.

Thanks, i was a bit worried about Level 8 after only being predicted 13th by the media, best Gee up for another season of winning then (hopefully). Just moved my formation about to me more attacking but more defensive too, so I'll see how that works out for me should make the first 6 months of tinkering fun then too business after December.

Has anyone else been allowed to scout the World? I'm in level 8 (3rd Season) I asked the board to expand scouting they said no persuaded them to say yes, they had already "upped" it once in the first season they have done it again now in the 3rd season and i can now scout the whole world @ Level 8! (Seems Bizzarre) Good for me though

Thats a shame BWG he was a star for me and a coup at 2k.

Bloody hell!!! I can only scout the continent as my board won't let me go any further afield and I'm in season 7!!!

Hopefully though at the end of the season (in March, so not long to go!!) they will let me go around the world.

EDIT: Just found something out, on the boardroom if you hover over a greyed out request it will tell you why its greyed out.

MerthyrTownBoardroom-newstadium.png

As you can see it says board request to build a new stadium (We pay £500 a year in rent) is greyed out, as you can see,it is being actioned but if you look at the screenshot below you can see that the only request is the youth academy....strange!!

MerthyrTownBoardroom_Overview.png

B.W.G - Merthyr Town - nPower League 2 (Level 4) - 2016/17

Transfers - I took a massive gamble on signing players with premiership potential and letting them develop. I needed brilliant 1st team players who were a step up from what I had. My personal favourite was Fabio Moussi as he had never had a club before but had high stats in the right areas and can take a mean freekick.

Competitions

League 2 - Table - It was slightly more difficult but it looks like my transfer gamble really paid off as we walked the league and scoring alot in the process as well as keeping a tight defense. Our biggest win of the season was 6-1 against Torquay. Next season will be alot tougher especially with the teams relegated from the Championship so we could be in for a massive wake up call.

FA Cup - 3rd Round - I'll be blunt, I had no idea that Peterborough were a premiership team so I should pay more attention. It was fairly even but they were able to convert better and had more shots in the 1st half. It was a deserved defeat so I can't complain although it wasn't the dream draw I was hoping for but a few years ago we would have got slaughtered by that standard of a premiership team.

League Cup - 2nd Round - This was a better performance against the Villains, I was lucky to get this far as I left it late in the 1st round. This was Villas 1st team as well so maybe in a few years we may be able to compete more evenly with premiership teams.

JP Trophy - Winners - The only shock here is that it was league 2 vs league 2 as we both knocked out league 1 opposition in the regional finals. We dominated this game so 3-0 was more then a fair result. Nice to have a trophy even though the league 1 sides didn't take it seriously, I will take it seriously in League 1 as it should be straight forward to win.

Players/Awards

I won Manager of the Year!!!. Well deserved as I was supposed to fight against relegation.

George Fletcher was top scorer with 36 goals in 53 appearances. Spurs had released him, I was amazed I could snap him up as he wanted cheap wages. The problem with him is his attitude as he keeps going out on the night before matches but I can't really do anything as he is the nest striker in the team. To let him off though, he thrived on first team appearances and it helped him develop immenslety just like his partner in crime (see below!!)

Adam O'Brien topped the assist charts 21 but he also chipped in with 34 goals. He really is Fletcher's partner in crime as he was also released by Spurs and also likes a good drink the night before matches although its less frequent then Fletcher.

Andrew James won Goal of the Season in which another Merthyr Player came 3rd.

Jose Quintas won Fans Player of the Year for the 2nd year running. He continues to improve and chipped in with 13 goals throughout the season. If he is like his potential says he is then England could have a future centre back as he only needs another 382 days in England.

Expectations

The board want me to avoid relegation, and reach the 2nd round of both the FA Cup and the Johnstones Paint Trophy. I will be aiming for a playoff place, 3rd round of the FA Cup and to retain the JPT.

No sign of a new stadium which is still greyed out so I am betting either after the new season is over or the season after to when it will be announced.

I will be looking strengthening in the AMR and MC positions as Ruper (MC) won't sign a new contract and his agents wants him earning £10k p/w while I need an AMR with potential which I may have found one from Croatia of all places.

The Exiles 2016/17

1 - Cardiff City - 3rd in Championship (Lost in Playoff semi)

2 - Swansea - 9th in League 1

3 - Merthyr Town - 1st in League 2

4 - Newport County - 12 in Blue Square Premier

5 - Colwyn Bay - 8th in Blue Square North

6 - Wrexham - 11th in Blue Square North

Improvement all round for the exiles on the previous season. Cardiff were hard done by in the semis after having 5-4 on agg even though they had 2 goals wrongly disallowed for offside and Derby were given a very dodgy penalty. The national team doesn't look to have a bright future as the best Welsh Player in the future is Andrew James as he is the only one I have found with premiership potential and he came through at Arsenals academy!

Season      Division            Position     FA Cup    Champs League     Euro CUp     Acheivements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Toolstation D1(L10)      1st       2nd Rnd        N/A            N/A        Promotion
2011/12   Toolstation Prm(L9)      1st       2nd Rnd        N/A            N/A        Promotion
2012/13   Zamaretto D1SW (L8)      1st       3rd Rnd        N/A            N/A        Promotion,FA Trophy Winners
2013/14   Zameretto Prem (L7)      1st       3rd Rnd        N/A            N/A        Promotion,FA Trophy Winners
2014/15   Bl.Square South(L6)      1st       4th Rnd        N/A            N/A        Promotion,FA Trophy Winners
2015/16   Bl.Square Prem (L5)      1st       5th Rnd        N/A            N/A        Promotion,FA Trophy Winners
2016/17   nPower League 2(L4)      1st       3rd Rnd        N/A            N/A        Promotion,JPT Winners.

He's not too bad but he can lack consistency as well, he scores lots in a short space of time then decides to have a goal drought!

Got any one with high determination you can tutor with? Consistency is a hidden attribute so its hard to tutor or train i guess, hopefully he will be like a fine wine and get better with age

B.W.G - Merthyr Town - nPower League 1 (Level 3) - 2017/18

Transfers - Not much to say, Dennis Berger was bought in as back up while Negro and Mkhize were in as first teamers. Mkhize was touted by his agent who he then fired after signing!

Competitions

League 1 - Table - Rather amazing but what was more impressive was that Fletcher, O'Brien and Ferguson scored 97 goals between them out of the 149 scored. Fletcher hit 44, O'Brein hit 28 and Ferguson chipped in with 25 from centre midfield. The defense held up very well as well but it was the 1st season of the new pairing of Quintas and Negro so I was quite pleased. Biggest win was 7-1 against Charlton!!

FA Cup - 5th Round - I'm sick of the sight of Blackburn now but not really much to say as they are a mid table side but we kept it respectable. We did however beat Southampton in the 4th round 3-2 who were in the premiership (they finished 20th but it still counts :p). I can beat the relegation battlers, hopefully by the time I go up then I may be able to match the mid-table sides.

League Cup - 3rd Round - Still not up to premiership quality but that is hardly surprisng but we kept it respectable, we were never at the races but give it a couple of season then we should be able to match them when we have quality in depth.

JP Trophy - Winners - In what was a repaeat final of the previous season, it was a quite an even game but 3-1 did flatter us as we finished our chances whereas Shrewsbury didn't. I won't be playing in this competition again unless things go tits up next season.

Players/Awards

I won Manager of the Year....woooooooooooooooo!!!!

George Fletcher was top scorer hitting an impressive 58 goals in 57 appearance with 44 in 44 being in the league which made him Top Scorer. He won Fans Player of the Year.

Andy Whitham topped the assist chart with 53 assists which beat the previous record by 26.

We dominated Team of the Year by having 10 out of 11 players in it. I think this is a tad harsh on centre mid Glen Mkhize as he rated 7.22 in 40 games compared to Smiths 7.14 in 40 games.

Expectations

No sign of my stadium as its still greyed out on the requests.

My chairman is a *****, enough said as hes not been very kind with the wage budget as Leyton Orient and Hartlepool are able to offer more in wages then we are. My top earner is £6k a week, Leyton orient is £7.5k a week and Hartlepool is £8k a week.

This season we are to fight relegation, 3rd round of FA Cup and the 2nd round of the League Cup. I'm aiming for mid-table, not too bothered about the cups as I should be able to get further if I get kinder draws and not draw premiership teams straight off the bat.

2015/16   Bl.Square Prem (L5)      1st       5th Rnd        N/A            N/A        Promotion,FA Trophy Winners
2016/17   nPower League 2(L4)      1st       3rd Rnd        N/A            N/A        Promotion,JPT Winners
2017/18   nPower League 1(L3)      1st       5th Rnd        N/A            N/A        Promotion,JPT Winners.

On a side not there are 5 teams(out of 24)now in the Blue Square Premier who started in the tiers 7-10.

In the Blue Square North there are 8 teams (out of 22) who started in tiers 7-10.

In the Blue Square South there are 11 teams (out of 22) who start in tiers 7-10.

So it should only be a matter of time before another team from tier 7-10 who go up to the football league.

On a side note, there have only been 2 tycoon takeovers to date, Ellesmere(Peruvian Tycoon) who are in Blue Square North and Hemel Hempstead (Hungarian Tycoon) who are in Southern Premier.

On a side not there are 5 teams(out of 24)now in the Blue Square Premier who started in the tiers 7-10.

In the Blue Square North there are 8 teams (out of 22) who started in tiers 7-10.

In the Blue Square South there are 11 teams (out of 22) who start in tiers 7-10.

So it should only be a matter of time before another team from tier 7-10 who go up to the football league.

On a side note, there have only been 2 tycoon takeovers to date, Ellesmere(Peruvian Tycoon) who are in Blue Square North and Hemel Hempstead (Hungarian Tycoon) who are in Southern Premier.

That is odd as they had a tycoon takeover on my save last year, eventually making it to the Premiership.

Thanks Daemonic :thup: I'm actually tempted in a feeder club to see how far I can send them up the league, might have to go for Sun Postal Sports, if iI'm allowed to pick my own :p

I actually played Ellesmere in the new pre-season, we drew 0-0.....I could not get anything past them!!! Its their first season in the BSN and in their 1st game they win 4-1 so I'm expecting another promotion if they keep that up.

Uri-Southill Alexander-Bedfordshire Premier (2011-12)-Level 11

I have been waiting unemployed for the first season letting all teams hire their managers & signing all free talents out there..

By the end of season there was not one single team that suited my needs...I had to wait ,but eventually I managed to get a Club to manage...

They finished 15th out of 16th last year & after 8 rounds they are 8th at the League...

Here is my profie part 1 & part 2...

The media predict the club to end 14th & the board will not judge me this season since I haven't been there from start of season...

The most important factor to apply for this team was that their Chairman Loves his Club :thup:

I will take it slowly since I'm playing other games, bye for now...

Good luck Uri, nice to see you back!!!

Thanks Will...How about your Chairman status,still enjoying life ? I was looking for a Chairman who is willing to make love with staff wives but no luck there:rolleyes:...

That chairman is gone.....my new one has been at the club for two and a half years and is only Enjoying life so it looks like I could be in for chairman number 3 in a couple of seasons.....maybe the next one will be a bit more generous and give me a decent budget to play with :rolleyes:

Well it's good to know someone is actually enjoying life...I'm not enjoying a bit here...After all the the trouble I took to get a better challenge the game refuses to play and just keep crashing on me...I have downloaded the new level 11 build...So I'll have to start all over again one last time before I dump this game into the trash....:confused:

Sun Postal Sports - Molten Spartan South Midlands Football League Division One (Level 10) - 2010/11

Transfers

Constant merry go round as players came in and were then replaced as our scout unearthed an upgrade. The joys of amateur status and no annoying fees to worry about.

Molten Spartan South Midlands Football League Division One

Predicted: 8th | Final Position: WINNERS | Graph

Absolutely cruised to promotion, sealing the title with 9 games to spare. We eventually finished 45 points ahead and with 145 goals in the for column.

FA Cup - 5th Qualifying Rnd

Decent run which was ended by Frickley who play at Level 7 of the pyramid so no complaints.

FA Vase - WINNERS | Final

Our first cup and it bodes well as we handed out some heavy defeats including a 6-0 thrashing of Level 9 side Stokesley in the final.

Other News

Finances - No wages meant very few outgoings. Could be board changes on the way however as the Chairmans status is 'Will listen to offers'

Club Records

Stars

Most Assists: San Lee - 27

Most Goals: San Lee - 60

Most MoM: San Lee - 14

Highest Avg Rating: San Lee - 7.86

Fans Player of the Year: San Lee - Hardly a shock decision, amazing season.

Best Eleven: Season | Overall

Sun Postal Sports Trophy Room

Leagues

South Midlands Football League Division One x 1 - 2010/11

Cups

FA Vase x 1 - 2010/11

Season   League    Pos.  FA Cup     FA Vase/    Lge Cups    Europe      Achievements
                                   FA Trophy
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
2010/11  SM1 (L10) 1st   5th Q Rnd  FAV Winner  N/A         N/A         South Mids. D1, FA Vase

We're predicted 4th and were 1/4 favs with the bookies so i think the expectation is we'll go up again. Wasn't helped by only having a wage budget of £25 for a few weeks so a few players left cause I couldn't give a contract after I'd made sure to tie San Lee down to a 2 year contract. Board have upped it to £1200 now so pretty good seeing as players will accept £50-£90 a week.

Season 3 - Level 8 - Grimsby Borough (Started Level 10)

Biggest Game In History?

Managed to take Millwall to a replay unfortunately its away though but if by some minor miracle we win, it will undoubtedly be the biggets game in our history. Was a sell out crowd of 3,000 at the home leg that's 2800 people standing in the ground too, seats are like gold dust!

We're predicted 4th and were 1/4 favs with the bookies so i think the expectation is we'll go up again. Wasn't helped by only having a wage budget of £25 for a few weeks so a few players left cause I couldn't give a contract after I'd made sure to tie San Lee down to a 2 year contract. Board have upped it to £1200 now so pretty good seeing as players will accept £50-£90 a week.

Great First Season Daemonic, Level 9 isn't a lot different from Level 10 i found. San Lee was special for me too in my first season, although i think im going to try and legally adopt Gifton Noel-Williams i love him, he captains my team now.

Daemonic - Trust me, whatever you do....your still better then the AI manager of Sun Postal Sports on my save.....they've never made it out of level 10.

Wes_Coulam - Hope you get past Milwall for potentially your biggest game of your career. My biggest game of the career so far was this season.....I lost 3-1 on penalties to Man Utd in the league cup at Old Trafford so yours has come much earlier then mine.

Wes_Coulam - Hope you get past Milwall for potentially your biggest game of your career. My biggest game of the career so far was this season.....I lost 3-1 on penalties to Man Utd in the league cup at Old Trafford so yours has come much earlier then mine.

The Dream Is Over...

Another good run following on from the 1st Round last year, but after this years run we're quietly sat on a heap of half a million that's 50 million pennies.

Just achieved my biggest result ever in the FA Cup. I just beat Man Utd in the FA Cup Quarter Finals. Ok the red card was errrrr controversial but still.

MerthyrTvManUtdInformation_Overview.png

My reward, a semi final tie with.......Tottenham who are 3rd in the premiership (1 place above Utd!)......Bugger.....

Archived