FM2011 Editor Advanced Rules Activation and Discussion

magicmastermind124

Conditional Playoffs

I'm having a look at the Solomon Islands at the moment, they've basically got a league and cup competition, then the winners of the 2 competitions playoff for the one O-League (Oceania Champions League) spot assigned to Solomons. However, if the same team wins both competitions then they automatically qualify for the O-League.

So essentially what I want to know is, can you have a game that only takes place under certain conditions? I was figuring to set up a competition the league and the cup with the winner being entered into another competition (O-League Play-Off). However, I'd like that the Play-Off NOT be played if the two winners are the same, or if it HAS to be played, take the cup runner up against league winner (if the teams are the same) but automatically assign qualification to the O-League to the League Winner (essentially making the Play-Off a Charity Shield type deal)

Anyone got any initial thoughts?

Representative Teams

My other question has to do with representative teams - I'm interested in creating an "Islands" pack for the English leagues, so having places like Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Gibraltar etc all as part of the English League System (but detached so no promotion/relegation, just as stand-alone competitions) but I want to have a "national" team competition - selected from the best players playing in those leagues.

So as an example, 4 leagues, one in each of Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man and Gibraltar. I want a squad to be selected for each of those 4 teams (like the League of Ireland XI) then have a competition between those 4 teams in some format. So they're not quite nations, but nor are they clubs - they wouldn't buy/sell players, but merely call them up, but not based on Nationality, but the League they play in (i.e. place of residence).

Anyone got any idea if this is even possible?

Cheers all.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can certainly get it to take the cup finalist if the winner of the two competitions is the same. But I don't think you can get it to ignore the results of the match if the cup runner up beats the winner.

This is where it would be really great to have "if" statements - e.g., "if" the same team wins both the league and the cup, don't play the match.

As for the league teams - there are all star teams in the game (K-League. N-League, MLS), and you can see the K-League/N-League in the comps. file in the editor, but I don't think anyone's gotten them to work properly. It's not clear anywhere in the editor how you get them to select players from the league.

I downloaded your Liechenstein file, Zylya, but I'm still having trouble replicating what you've done. Maybe you have a suggestion - I'm trying to get the losing semi-finalists in a league playoff to qualify for a continental cup.

I set the cup fate as "qualify team for competition, semi final, losing team, continental competition (NACL), seeding of 1", with the same thing for the winning teams, except that the seeding is 0. In the qualified teams tab of the continental competition, I've added "get qualified team for comp, nation (USA), set continental cup (ticked), seeding (1), all teams get same seeding (1). And the same for the winners (except different seeding).

But no luck... :-(

Am I doing something wrong?

.... Maybe you have a suggestion - I'm trying to get the losing semi-finalists in a league playoff to qualify for a continental cup.

I set the cup fate as "qualify team for competition, semi final, losing team, continental competition (NACL), seeding of 1", with the same thing for the winning teams, except that the seeding is 0. In the qualified teams tab of the continental competition, I've added "get qualified team for comp, nation (USA), set continental cup (ticked), seeding (1), all teams get same seeding (1). And the same for the winners (except different seeding).

But no luck... :-(

Am I doing something wrong?

If you've got a copy of the file I could look at then I might be able to spot something, but for now the only things that I can think of are (trial and error ftw):

- Change Nation from USA to None - I'm not 100% on how Nation works yet, so try leaving it blank and seeing if that helps.

- Make sure "For This Year" is NOT checked on the Fate Actions

- Have you definitely set it as "Qualify Team for Competition" and not "Set Continental Cup"? Set Continental Cup is just the info in a team page.

What error is it that you're getting? No teams qualified or qualified with the wrong seedings? Again, if you've got a copy of the file I'll have a look and see if I can spot anything.

I've got it at "qualify team for comp", not "set continental cup". I didn't know how "set continental cup" works, so thanks for that tip about the team page.

When the competition gets scheduled, the American teams are replaced by Mexican teams (I think because they are the highest reputation teams in CONCACAF, so they get dropped in whenever the game can't find the right teams). As a result, there are four Mexican teams in that round instead of two and no American teams.

I could try taking the nation part out - it may just take any teams that are qualified with the seeding of 0 or 1.

I'll put something up when I get home from work - thanks, it's appreciated!

Dinamo, it looks, and I may be wrong, that the draw you'd want would most likely be.

0vs3, 1vs2, 4vs7 and 5vs6.

As long as you've picked the first and second placed teams seperately and seeded them preoperly, this will give you a draw of first vs second on all matches. I'm not 100% sure how you'd go about seeding teams from certain groups against each other, but check the draw rules and team sorting options to check if you can maybe sort something out.

Yeah, but, when I thick "Teams list" block, and go to input place, I can not input "0", minimum number is "1".

I did this with "Get League Stage Teams", seeds "0" and "1", enabled "Fixed Draw 1v2, 3v4 etc", nothing else, and I get pairings A1 v C1, B1 v D1, A2 v B2... Also, do I need, when enabling "Teams list", enable "Fixed Draw"?

Also, I see you know this stuff a lot ... why this happens - I set "Seeded Draw", "Lower Seeded Teams Play At Home", and in "Valid Cup Draw Rules" I enable "Keep teams from same group APART", and it makes draws I want, but often I get teams from SAME GROUP play AGAINST EACH OTHER.

Thanks in advance, mate.

If you've got a copy of the file I could look at then I might be able to spot something, but for now the only things that I can think of are (trial and error ftw):

- Change Nation from USA to None - I'm not 100% on how Nation works yet, so try leaving it blank and seeing if that helps.

- Make sure "For This Year" is NOT checked on the Fate Actions

- Have you definitely set it as "Qualify Team for Competition" and not "Set Continental Cup"? Set Continental Cup is just the info in a team page.

What error is it that you're getting? No teams qualified or qualified with the wrong seedings? Again, if you've got a copy of the file I'll have a look and see if I can spot anything.

Zylya,

I've uploaded my most recent file: http://www.box.net/shared/c23xrgkdmeszn6ij0xbu

Still not getting everything I need. In the qualifying stage, third round, I'm looking for two MLS teams to be added (semi-finalists from MLS playoffs). In the group stage, I'm looking for them to be joined by the two MLS playoff finalists.

Thanks again for taking a look!!

@ Dave

Dude, I finally got what I wanted. Not actually same, but this is awesome, total fixed draw, using "Cup Tie Mappings".

C2 vs A1

--------winners play in Semis

B2 vs D1

D2 vs B1

--------winners play in Semis

A2 vs C1

First leg in each round is hosted by lower seeded team - second placed in Group stage; what is wrong in unedited game, wtih some other issues.

Now I can start career I eagerly anticipated. But before go out to take some fresh air :D.

Thanks again.

Zylya,

I've uploaded my most recent file: http://www.box.net/shared/c23xrgkdmeszn6ij0xbu

Still not getting everything I need. In the qualifying stage, third round, I'm looking for two MLS teams to be added (semi-finalists from MLS playoffs). In the group stage, I'm looking for them to be joined by the two MLS playoff finalists.

Thanks again for taking a look!!

Tried running the game with no changes yet, and it crashes out on 1st July 2010 (whether I start in Mexico June 2010 or MLS February 2010) which is the day before the First Prelim round draw (and probably the setup date for the competition). Did you get this or can you actually run the competition?

I've only ever run it from Canada starting in January, 2010, and no longer have problems with it. That's an important component of the testing process that I hadn't considered. For a while I was getting crashes in December, but that seems to have stopped. The other thing is that I get an "array access out of bounds" error in the middle of October, but you can just click ok and game continues without problems.

Another guy on this thread was having a nightmare trying to get the right Mexican teams to qualify for his champions league (even though he hadn't touched the Mexican league), so I haven't bothered. Therefore, you'll see that it's just random Mexican clubs qualifying.

The first year has registered teams and since I'm taking semi-finalists from the previous season I think you might have to holiday to July 2011.

I'd have to look again, but I think the set-up date is January 1.

first of all thanks for this thread.

Seems that I have a problem with the advanced panel, and I cannot resolve it.

When I try to set fixtures for a competition, league or stage, and I try to select the date, it does not allow me to select the name of some month in the relative column. I can select march, february or april, but if I type eg May (or the correspondent number 5), or june (or the number 6) in this space, it return to blank when I move in another space. This is serious because i cannot set fixtures for any competition, in practice

There is someone able to solve this issue? Anyone have the same problem? Am I did not understand something?

taglia9.jpg

thanks for the answer.

Yes I can open the xml file and do it manually, but it is not very comfortable. Expecially because i need to re-open the file with editor more than once, for the necessary corrections, and I suspect that whenever I will re-open the file it will reset dates.. maybe I can try with a complete reinstallation of FM..

Has the editor a cash folder?

thanks for the answer.

Yes I can open the xml file and do it manually, but it is not very comfortable. Expecially because i need to re-open the file with editor more than once, for the necessary corrections, and I suspect that whenever I will re-open the file it will reset dates.. maybe I can try with a complete reinstallation of FM..

Has the editor a cash folder?

It does, but I remember there were problems not too dissimilar when someone using the Italian language had parts of the editor missing. Try changing the language to English to see if it works...

EDIT: Problem solved. For future reference, this was because I did not marry up the Competition levels. My top flight was in as '1' instead of '0'.

Tried searching for an answer to this probably very simple and stupid problem, but the search function isn't working just now.

I've created a league in Liechtenstein using the Advanced Rules. I've created a new top division and FA Cup etc and the game loads no problem. But when I go to add a manager, Liechtenstein is greyed out.

I can see the clubs I have created as 4 of them are participating in the FA Cup, as stipulated. But none of my teams appear to be physically attached to a league.

Any ideas? Same problem replicates in any nation.

If possible, I have a question:

I'm trying to set a Caribbean club championship that pick the first classified club from each caribbean national championship.

When I set the teams for the stage "0", I set what is the specific division from which the game has to pick the champion team.

The problem is that some small nation (eg. Montserrat) has not a first division competition name inserted in the database..

My doubt is this: I think I can create in the "database" section of the editor a new division for each of theese nations and put some teams in it. But my doubt is that this xml does not work if I put in the "editor data" an xml with contain a first division with a different name and it will crash. One example: if I create in the database a first division of Anguilla that is named "Anguilla first division", and I put in "editor data" another xml file (for example a file that I downloaded from the forum) with nation rules for Anguilla in which the first division is named "Anguilla Premiership", my doubt is that the game will crash because it cannot find teams in the "Anguilla first division".

There is a method to avoid this, and if a nation first division is not set, the game will pick the team with the higher reputation?

I hope I was clear.

Magic,

Do you have any code so that I can edit the UIDs? I deleted competitions that I think I need so that American clubs generate newgens. I found some code online to allow me to edit the UID, but when I changed the UID of a competition and clicked on another field, the UID field disappeared and the no database changes would stick (i.e., as soon as I would enter a competition name or change a field, it would revert back to blank).

Thanks!

Magic,

Do you have any code so that I can edit the UIDs? I deleted competitions that I think I need so that American clubs generate newgens. I found some code online to allow me to edit the UID, but when I changed the UID of a competition and clicked on another field, the UID field disappeared and the no database changes would stick (i.e., as soon as I would enter a competition name or change a field, it would revert back to blank).

Thanks!

I've never got it to work, but I never quite looked into it too much.

Guess that someone could have answered this doubt, but i could find it here!

The following is happening, I have a fantasy Brazilian League with 6 tiers..

1 Division 20 Clubs

2 Division 20 Clubs

3 Division 20 Clubs

4 Division 64 clubs in 4 grousp

up there all ok!

5 division 256 clubs in 16 groups

6 division 256 clubs in 16 groups

The problem is that clubs from first division keep showing up on the 5th and 6th division...

Any help please!

After months of developing a database and learning all the advanced rules - and running the game on holiday for ten years - I finally actually tried to play it last night. Every time I got to the first match and hit proceed to match - CRASH!!

I have no idea why everything else in the file would be fine but would crash when actually trying to play the game - no database errors, competitions are all running properly...

I'm so frustrated and disheartened.

I would like (and appreciate, big time) some advanced panel "druid" help me with this. All I want is get this file not to crash, and to play. I already made some leagues, like USA, New Zealand, Egypt, managed teams for seasons there and was nice, won trophies, personal awards etc :D.

Now, I can't get this thing to go further than first loading sequence when I choose what league to start.

Here is link to that edited Croatian database (just first league, I think, if that was nice, I would go with lower levels editing). Thanks in advance.

Daniel ( :) ), that's weird. Never had something like that.

Thanks, Ivan. I'm just glad I tried to actually, you know, play the game before putting it up on a site for download. That would have been embarrassing.

You're right, we always have to test the game by managing a team beside holidaying for several seasons. There are also many less fatal mistakes that we can only discover after playing as a team, such as squad registration, board confidence etc., I sometimes encounter weird glitches as manager despite the game run smoothly holidaying. Anyway, I hope you can find out the problem and share it with us

I never use the Editor, but I heard that by using it the chances of having crash dumps are increased due to using edited DB. So, I was wondering is that true because I'm really clueless when it comes to using the Editor?

You're right, we always have to test the game by managing a team beside holidaying for several seasons. There are also many less fatal mistakes that we can only discover after playing as a team, such as squad registration, board confidence etc., I sometimes encounter weird glitches as manager despite the game run smoothly holidaying. Anyway, I hope you can find out the problem and share it with us

I'm not even sure how to figure out what's gone wrong. I created a simple league in the basic editor and that crashed, too. I guess that means it's a problem with the database changes itself rather than the advanced rules. But I have no failed changes.

So I'm starting again from scratch and testing bit-by-bit.

Oh well.

my question is pertinent with my previous post, but I go to the specific. The ID editing is a very dangerous and complicate way, and i think there is an easier solution.

I succesfully set a Caribbean Club Championship with the normal editor, that reach my objective, but I cannot be able to manage the same result with the advanced editor (I need to set a similar competition with the advanced panel). The competition take the champion of all caribbean nations in every situation, if a competition not present in the database is added with an xml, it take the champion of this competition. If the competition for the concerned nation is not present because we don't have any xml and it is not in the database, the game simply pick out the team with the best reputation in the nation.

This is the file of the working competition: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SYQ2LPFB

and theese are settings of the continent that I have used in the continent rules:

taglia11.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

taglia12.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

For the attempt to recreating a similar competition with the advanced options, I set the same settings for the continent. But I cannot reach the same result. When I load the competition in the game, simply the date of the draw pass and the world goes on, but the draw is never made.... I think there is something wrong in my settings of the options relative to "competition" qualified teams, and "stage" teams, and the game does not find the teams. I though that I had to use the "get qualified teams for comp" option, since nation, teams and seeding are established in the continent.. I look several files in the "comps" folder, but it can't help me. Someone can indicate me the correct advanced settings to apply for the correct working of the continent options shown above? In practice, in my intentions, all the 32 teams selected will be in the "0" stage.

I never use the Editor, but I heard that by using it the chances of having crash dumps are increased due to using edited DB. So, I was wondering is that true because I'm really clueless when it comes to using the Editor?

While this is probably true, you'll find that most of the good updates do not have crash dumps. This is because the files are tested very well.

@ nom245

Have you ever used Advanced Panel before?

If you have, you should be familiar with fact that you need create every single league before starting creating continental competition - so you could get specific teams from specific leagues. Advanced Panel is totally different from "normal" Editor and it's "Continental Rules".

Actually I'm doing the first experiences with the advanced panel. Well, seems to be not my error, but simply is impossible to do with the advanced panel a thing that is possible with the normal editor. It's a bit funny. The only way then is to recreate every league in the modified database. Thank you

Actually I'm doing the first experiences with the advanced panel. Well, seems to be not my error, but simply is impossible to do with the advanced panel a thing that is possible with the normal editor. It's a bit funny. The only way then is to recreate every league in the modified database. Thank you

No, no, it is possible. But, as I said, you need to create every league that you want get teams from, for your Caribbean Cup. I did something like it, but I lost that file when I bought new PC. :(

And I plan to make something like that for FM2012.

but simply is impossible to do with the advanced panel a thing that is possible with the normal editor

I use this phrase because with the normal editor it is not necessary to use specific teams from specified leagues. If you take a look at the file that I've posted, you can verify that it works, only settings the continent options. You told me that this is not possible with the advanced panel, because we must use specified teams from specified leagues. But at this point I'm wondering what is the utility of the existence of the options "continent">"teams", and "competition">"qualified teams". If I have to specify teams and leagues, it will be enough to do it only in every "stage">"teams" settings. And, at this point, I have not very clear in my mind also what is the function of the "get qualified teams for comps" option.

Would someone mind trying to run this file? I've run it on holiday for multiple years without problems, but once I actually tried to play it last weekend, it crashed as it was loading the first match.

At first I thought it was a problem with my custom database, but then I tried loading some other custom databases I'd downloaded, and they crashed while loading the first match, too.

Then, I reinstalled FM2011 and a regular game with the standard database crashed when loading the first match.

I'm hoping it's a problem with my FM2011 and not with my database, as I'd like to move it over to FM2012.

http://www.box.net/shared/dbkdxsb0qg97pgabe04t

I've always loaded it in Canada in January, 2010.

I'm really interested in seeing whether anyone can actually play a match (or a few) without it crashing.

Thanks!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello all... FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME in my 15 year career with sigames manager game series, I am about to use a game editor. But I am very very cautious, this is only what I need to do:

1-I have a save game from FM2011 11.3 ver from CD install. and I am at season 2027-2028 (summer 2027 season beginning) everything is amazing, only one thing my NATION has a rule of registering only 8 foreign players every season after transfer window.

This has changed to unlimited in REALITY in the midst of last season, but I want to keep playing my save game FM2011 if I can change this for the save game career I already have.

Is this possible to do it now?

is it possible at all? (maybe not possible to edit this in my save game now, but start over again with a new FM2011 game)

or is there any other editor besides this that could change this NATION RULE for my save game?

REALLY REALLY looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks

Hello all... FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME in my 15 year career with sigames manager game series, I am about to use a game editor. But I am very very cautious, this is only what I need to do:

1-I have a save game from FM2011 11.3 ver from CD install. and I am at season 2027-2028 (summer 2027 season beginning) everything is amazing, only one thing my NATION has a rule of registering only 8 foreign players every season after transfer window.

This has changed to unlimited in REALITY in the midst of last season, but I want to keep playing my save game FM2011 if I can change this for the save game career I already have.

Is this possible to do it now?

is it possible at all? (maybe not possible to edit this in my save game now, but start over again with a new FM2011 game)

or is there any other editor besides this that could change this NATION RULE for my save game?

REALLY REALLY looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks

The only save game compatible editor is FMRTE and unfortunately changing Squad rules is not possible, though you can make players in your team eligible to play as homegrown players.

The normal editor and Advanced editor are only for editing pre-game.

THank you psycho - I guess I should have changed it before a new game start way before this save game then! :) Advanced editor is already installed with the game or is it something I need to download ?

Also do you know which editor is best for :

I am in season 2027-2028, so after like 17 seasons later, my country stopped producing decent players from youth networks, Under 18 teams, not just my team lacking decent youth coming up but all the teams!

is there a section for the nation to change some parameters for better quality generation of youth from that country / league or any other parameter that would effect and which editor you reckon?

see OP for download link for Advanced Editor and nstructions, though I would recommend just starting with the normal editor (don't run before you can walk) which comes with the game, as for regens search for powergens on here or on the FMBase FM11 downloads section as I made it last year to increase number and quality of youth that comes through but for your specific team increase youth facilities & Youth recruitment in the stadium tab

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

Let's develop the context first.

I have been developping for many years several competitions with previous editors. Now i am still using fm2011, but fm2012 editor should still be the same concerning the advanced panel, so that is not the matter. The new competitions I am setting up requires to remove all continental competitions and allow all national competitions from the majority of the countries, I have about 120 countries opened. This works fine. I have already set up two new intercontinental cups with some tastes of uefa champions league and europa league. This is called FIFA Champions League and World Club's Cup (aka Europa League a C2 cup alike, less prestigious but at a higher level since at the world scale). Well, the trick is not there though. Wait one second, I arrive.

I need for this new competitions, clubs (not qualified but not eliminated yet) to go from one competition to another like the third club in the Champions League Group. Ok that is fine too. The thing is that by that with this new formula, I wanted to increase the numbers of clubs participating to the World Club's Cup, not only the ones that are jumping to one competition to another, but more at the preliminary rounds. For that, I need 4th, 5th, till 8th ranked club of a particular Competition. For instance, Premier League, obviously the most competitive one will send 8 clubs to the intercontinental cups. The problem is that when i set up competitions via the advanced panel. I don't find any correct format to place the 4th and the 5th club at a particular round of a particular stage. Generally the game doesn't find the correct clubs and go to a default list which gave me clubs liek Fc Barcelona then Real Madrid then Manchester United etc, nothing like Manchester City and Liverpool the correct ones. And as you can imagine, Fc Barcelona or Real Madrid are already set up to come to an other competition or to the same one but at a later stage, when the games arrive to that date, the game crashes as the same clubs is in the same round.... This would be avoided if I could find the way to find the exact 4th and 5th club, not the best 5 because I can do that, but two clubs at a specific ranking. Generally the first 3 are easy since there is already the possibility to choose them for instance, third place of a particular competition. Another way is to select the all team and choose 2, but this would give you generally the best two or 2 totally randomly even if you set up the ranking of your starting list.

TO understand my point you need to have an advanced level of the advanced panel and maybe to know how to code the xml files in the format folder to get the option to choose a specific ranking club of a particular competition.

I wanted to upload one pic to illustrate the possible options available through the advanced panel, but i don't have the privilege. If someone can help me, I will be so thankful. I am stuck for the past month. I tried so many different possibilities, all fail with the current setup of the advanced panel.

Thank you the community,

(happy to be the number 2000! post)

Archived