Football Manager 2011 demo information

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Daddy Yankee do you have a link for direct x thanks

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3021d52b-514e-41d3-ad02-438a3ba730ba

You can try DirectX 9.0c, which is smaller, but this is all inclusive, you can't fail. :D

This solves most of problems when game fail to start, or to set up graphic system.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3021d52b-514e-41d3-ad02-438a3ba730ba

You can try DirectX 9.0c, which is smaller, but this is all inclusive, you can't fail. :D

This solves most of problems when game fail to start, or to set up graphic system.

Am getting the same problem failed to setup graphics system am downloading directx sdk to see if that sorts it!

I have a previous version of DirectX SDk (November 2008), should I uninstall the previous version before installing with the new one?

• Administrators
I can't load the game. After clicking the FM11 icon, a pop appears saying - 'Cannot run game: Failed to set up graphics system.' Any solutions to this problem.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/230210-Football-Manager-2011-Demo-FAQ?p=5998598&viewfull=1#post5998598

Downloaded that one, "DXSDK_Nov08.exe", installed and still same message.

Downloading now the "DXSDK_Jun10.exe". Hope it works...

Just one more thing. As long as the message "Cannot run game: Failed to set up graphics system" appears, another one showed up "Football Manager as encountered and error (...)". Hope it gets fixed after this installation.

Neil already had the november dx sdk version on comp uninstalled that one and reinstalled june 10 version and still won't play. Failed graphics setup. Have updated java and graphics driver this. No luck. No idea what to do next :-(

• Administrators
Just a note for SI - the game crash dumps when you hit "make board request" when manager of Woking.

Not a complaint - the game looks great.

Cheers for that, this issue is logged and we'll look into it.

• Administrators
Neil already had the november dx sdk version on comp uninstalled that one and reinstalled june 10 version and still won't play. Failed graphics setup. Have updated java and graphics driver this. No luck. No idea what to do next :-(

Have you also tried updating your graphics card drivers? - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/230210-Football-Manager-2011-Demo-FAQ?p=5997962&viewfull=1#post5997962

Let me know, thanks.

been playing the demo for about an hour now and im really impressed. Only thing is I dont like to get too involved in the demo because I like to play properly when the full version is out. I just played a home friendly as Everton against Toulouse and the match engine looks really good and polished. The stadium and lighting gives it a real realistic feel. The TV camera view is the best in my opinion.

But I Have seen a bug

When I looked through other friendly results, the team names and results sometimes dont change, for example i look at my result, Everton 0-0 Toulouse. then i go to millwall v blackburn and it says Everton v Blackburn when I click on their score. Then I will cliick on another one and it will say the wrong names. Is this a known issue? I mean surely you must have seen it as I noticed it straight away

• Administrators
been playing the demo for about an hour now and im really impressed. Only thing is I dont like to get too involved in the demo because I like to play properly when the full version is out. I just played a home friendly as Everton against Toulouse and the match engine looks really good and polished. The stadium and lighting gives it a real realistic feel. The TV camera view is the best in my opinion.

But I Have seen a bug

When I looked through other friendly results, the team names and results sometimes dont change, for example i look at my result, Everton 0-0 Toulouse. then i go to millwall v blackburn and it says Everton v Blackburn when I click on their score. Then I will cliick on another one and it will say the wrong names. Is this a known issue? I mean surely you must have seen it as I noticed it straight away

When you view on the games, are you on the results screen? You click on a fixture, click back, then click on a different game yeah? And it won't show the correct team/scores? Let me know if this is right so I can try and reproduce it. Thanks.

When you view on the games, are you on the results screen? You click on a fixture, click back, then click on a different game yeah? And it won't show the correct team/scores? Let me know if this is right so I can try and reproduce it. Thanks.

yes that is correct neil

Done all thats been asked and still getting the message Cannot run game: Failed to set up graphics system

time to install fm10 again and somehow forget about fm11 now :(

Did you restarted PC? I got "failed to set up..." once, although I ran FM before that. I restarted PC, and it worked again.

Maybe sounds stupid, but you should try. Maybe everything you need isn't loaded.

I also remember that I got the 'Cannot run game: Failed to set up graphics system.' pop up when FM09 Demo was release 2 years ago & if I remember correctly they release a mini patch for the demo to fix it. After patching the demo & subsequently updating the Direct X SDK then was I able to play the demo. For FM10 it works straight out of the box without having to update anything. But this time around the FM11 demo won't start for me.

Firstly, just wanted to say that having played it for an hour or so, I've loved so much of the new stuff. Set peice creator is fantastic. New improved match graphics look really good. Like the training.

However, the game just crashed to desktop which isnt such a good sign.

I'm playing on a Mac. I'm just starting again and will try and trap all the details should it crash again.

• SI Staff
Firstly, just wanted to say that having played it for an hour or so, I've loved so much of the new stuff. Set peice creator is fantastic. New improved match graphics look really good. Like the training.

However, the game just crashed to desktop which isnt such a good sign.

I'm playing on a Mac. I'm just starting again and will try and trap all the details should it crash again.

Can you let us know if it recreates and if so, at what point it does please? Thanks

why is lukaka so cheap to buy it is well know chelsea.realmadrid and arsenal are very interested in this lad and he wont be leaving anderlect for anything under 20mill yet he can be signed for 6-8mill on the demo. Aso it has been stated that he will be leaving anderlect untill next season at the earliest. Some other tranfer fees look very unrealistic also such as alexi sanchez of udinese available for 12mill if this was the case in real he would not be still at udinese for sure.

Sorry about the rant but being able to sign players such as these and there are many others just makes the tranfers unrealistic and makes the game easy to dominate after know time at all

http://i52.tinypic.com/23kylwx.jpg

This has got to be my favourite feature ever put into place.

Basically I spent all my budget playing as manchester City then Fernando Torres became available, I asked my board to negotiate the deal for me and got to speak directly with them concerning the transfer. Basically my chairman did the transfer for me as I was able to convince him torres would be a brilliant buy for my club.

However if Torres does flop, not going to lie I fear for my job.

Anyone have been able to play the game, after the error "Cannot run game: Failed to set up graphics system."?

I already have the graphic card updated, installed DirectX SDK (Nov 08), couldn't play. Unninstalled DXSDK Nov08, and installed DirectX SDK Jun 10, still the same.

Just waiting for the full game. If it continues like this, I'm obviously not buying it.

Archived