FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

The graphic card in that PC is very low end. Its kinda similar to my laptop's card. It will barely run at low or medium.

And by custom PC I mean where you get every part and assemble them together to get your PC. If that makes sense.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Helllo there,

thanks again for your reply. I understand whatn you mean by custom pc now.....i am no good with computers so will certainly not be able to go buying bits and pieces of a computer to make a proper pc!!!

I am disappointed that the pc that i have suggested is so poor as it is a new pc and is quite expensive for me.

Can you suggest any decent priced mainstream pc's that would be good for playing the game and normal computer work? Are the graphics on this game so complex that they require a big gaming pc?

Thanks again for any help you can offer me!

Helllo there,

thanks again for your reply. I understand whatn you mean by custom pc now.....i am no good with computers so will certainly not be able to go buying bits and pieces of a computer to make a proper pc!!!

I am disappointed that the pc that i have suggested is so poor as it is a new pc and is quite expensive for me. Its not "so poor". It can run 25 to 30 leagues. And 3D on low. Thats OK enough

Can you suggest any decent priced mainstream pc's that would be good for playing the game and normal computer work? I'm not really good with that. And I'm on Mobile Internet right now.

Are the graphics on this game so complex that they require a big gaming pc? Not at all

Thanks again for any help you can offer me!

I am quite good with custom PCs and can defo help you with that. But as you said you don't want that......

Its not too difficult though. Try looking on youtube.

PS My answers are in bold

okay, once again many thanks for your help, i realise that you have been very helpful to many people on the forums, so your time is greatly appreciated!!!

Can i ask you a further question; basically when you say it would run the game on 3D on low, does that mean it will still have all the crowds and stadiums and play normally without 'jittering and pausing'?

Also as i am only using one league will that help the graphics at all?

thanks

okay, once again many thanks for your help, i realise that you have been very helpful to many people on the forums, so your time is greatly appreciated!!! :)

Can i ask you a further question; basically when you say it would run the game on 3D on low, does that mean it will still have all the crowds and stadiums and play normally without 'jittering and pausing'? Most probably yes

Also as i am only using one league will that help the graphics at all? Not a bit

thanks

. .

I am wondering about some speed/database related questions for my Laptop and FM, i bought a new one around the release date of FM2010, and although not "top end" it seemed ok.

Spec:

Intel Pentuim T4300 (2.1GHz)

4GB Memory

Intel GMA 4500M

Windows 7 64bit

Now clearly i have crap/no graphics but i also have no interest at all in the graphical side of FM - i deliberately switch all 3d off.

All i want is to be able to do is to maximise the amount of leagues/players i can load and still play at an acceptable speed.

However i struggle with anthing more than about 12 leagues and 30,000 players - the game goes slow after a while and slows my entire system.

Do things like running windowed make a massive difference?

hello everyone,

this is my first post on here and im kinda useless with these things..

i need help urgently! i recently bought a dell inspiron mini about 2 weeks ago and have downloaded fm11 on here via steam and it isnt running, it just says fm is already running when i try to play. ive looked everywhere on the internet for peoples help but nothing ive found has worked so far and tbh i havent really found alot, is there anyone who can help me out so i can play soon?

would really appreciate some help!! thanks alot

oh and sorry if this is in the wrong thread..like i said im useless with these things!!

Hello all,

There seems to be some really tech-savvy people on this forum and you've already helped loads of people with laptop conundrums in order that they can get the best out of FM2011. I'm just about to buy a new laptop and would appreciate any advice on the best spec of the three I have in mind. I don't play a lot of games - in fact FM pretty much takes up all of my gaming time. I'm pretty sure each of the three below will run Fm2011 very well but I'd appreciate any info the the contrary or even just an idea of what has the best spec overall.

All advice appreciated.

Cheers

DV6-2117 £629.99 15.6”

Microprocessor 2.26 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor i5-430M

Microprocessor Cache Level 2 cache 3 MB

Memory 4 GB DDR3 (2 x 2048 MB)

Memory Max Supports up to 8 GB DDR3 memory

Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce G 105M

Video Memory up to 2287 MB total graphics memory with 512 MB dedicated DDR3

DM4-1060 £699.99 14”

Microprocessor 2.26 GHz Intel Core i5-430M Processor

Microprocessor Cache Level 3 cache 3 MB

Video Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450 Graphics (switchable)

Video Memory up to 2202 MB total graphics memory with 512 MB DDR3 dedicated

DV6-3085 £685, 15.6”

Microprocessor 1.6 GHz AMD Phenom II Quad-Core Processor P920

Microprocessor Cache Level 2 cache 2 MB

Video Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 Graphics

Video Memory up to 2714 MB total graphics memory with 1 GB DDR3 dedicated

Just got a laptop purely because it was very very cheap (almost free), redufurbished and i'll only run FM2011 on it.

But will it work / work well?

Pentium 4 1.66ghz

2GB Ram

40GB Hard Drive

ATI Radeon 9600 Series

that's all I know as Im picking it up later.

Should it run FM 2011. I haven't been able to play FM for at least 3 years due to my PC being 10 years old and having more bugs than an entire season of Im a celebrity

Can I finally play??

Now clearly i have crap/no graphics but i also have no interest at all in the graphical side of FM - i deliberately switch all 3d off.

Actually it can run 3D at med/high.

All i want is to be able to do is to maximise the amount of leagues/players i can load and still play at an acceptable speed.

However i struggle with anthing more than about 12 leagues and 30,000 players - the game goes slow after a while and slows my entire system.

IMO 15 leagues should be OK. Turn off all background apps like browser, antivirus (if offline), etc. Update drivers etc, Defragment your HD, try Gamebooster

Do things like running windowed make a massive difference?

No

. .

hello everyone,

this is my first post on here and im kinda useless with these things..

i need help urgently! i recently bought a dell inspiron mini about 2 weeks ago and have downloaded fm11 on here via steam and it isnt running, it just says fm is already running when i try to play. ive looked everywhere on the internet for peoples help but nothing ive found has worked so far and tbh i havent really found alot, is there anyone who can help me out so i can play soon?

would really appreciate some help!! thanks alot

oh and sorry if this is in the wrong thread..like i said im useless with these things!!

Try the PC support forum mate

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/34-Support-for-PC-users

DV6-2117 £629.99 15.6”

Microprocessor 2.26 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor i5-430M

Microprocessor Cache Level 2 cache 3 MB

Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce G 105M

Video Memory up to 2287 MB total graphics memory with 512 MB dedicated DDR3

DM4-1060 £699.99 14”

Microprocessor 2.26 GHz Intel Core i5-430M Processor

Microprocessor Cache Level 3 cache 3 MB

Video Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450 Graphics (switchable)

Video Memory up to 2202 MB total graphics memory with 512 MB DDR3 dedicated

DV6-3085 £685, 15.6”

Microprocessor 1.6 GHz AMD Phenom II Quad-Core Processor P920

Microprocessor Cache Level 2 cache 2 MB

Video Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 Graphics

Video Memory up to 2714 MB total graphics memory with 1 GB DDR3 dedicated

1) Best CPU of the lot. Cheapest. Poorest GFX. 25 leagues

2) Best CPU. Most expensive. Switchable GFX. 25 leagues

3) Best GFX. 20 leagues.

Confused further?? :p

i

Ishu, so what would be better for FM, Core i7 950 or Phenom X6 3GHZ. Being $80 cheaper I'm leaning towards the X6 right now, not to mention I get an additional $20 giftcard which I can use for a Mobo.

i7 950 beats 1090T(best X6) in everything.

But not only is 1090T cheaper than i7 950, AM3 mobos are a lot cheaper than LGA 1366 , for the same amount of features.

So I would go for 1090T and OC it like hell.

Just got a laptop purely because it was very very cheap (almost free), redufurbished and i'll only run FM2011 on it.

Pentium 4 1.66ghz

2GB Ram

40GB Hard Drive

ATI Radeon 9600 Series

Should it run FM 2011. I haven't been able to play FM for at least 3 years due to my PC being 10 years old and having more bugs than an entire season of Im a celebrity

Can I finally play??

Probably it won't even start. Even if it does, don't load more than 1 league.

How much did it cost you??

. .

Thanks for that mate, a pain that it wont run lots of leagues/ players :( I do run a few things in the background (internet & MSN mostly) but shouldnt be enough to slow it down that much.

I do seem to experience sudden CPU usages spikes sometimes from FM which is wierd.

I shall have a look at GameBooster. Would drivers make a difference to game speed?

After a lot of uming and ahing I think I've roughly decided on what I need to save up for:

Intel i7-970 (3.2 GHz, 12 MB cache, no overclocking)

640 GB SATA-III (64 MB cache, 7,200 rpm) HDD

12 GB (6x2 GB) PC12800 DDR3 RAM

1 GB ATI Radeon HD 5870 (DDR5)

Would this be able to run pretty much every league at a reasonable speed?

Not interested in 3D games or anything top-notch graphically, hence the "mediocre" video card which is just more than adequate and somewhat future-proof.

Unfortunately, I won't have enough for Christmas. :(

After a lot of uming and ahing I think I've roughly decided on what I need to save up for:

Intel i7-970 (3.2 GHz, 12 MB cache, no overclocking)

640 GB SATA-III (64 MB cache, 7,200 rpm) HDD

12 GB (6x2 GB) PC12800 DDR3 RAM

1 GB ATI Radeon HD 5870 (DDR5)

Would this be able to run pretty much every league at a reasonable speed?

Yes.

Not worth the price IMO. Not at all.

Also go for 3x4GB RAM. For free slots and there's hardly a price difference.

And why not OC. :eek:

Not interested in 3D games or anything top-notch graphically, hence the "mediocre" video card which is just more than adequate and somewhat future-proof.
Ofcourse. It can "only" run every game @ Highest in Full HD. What a crap card. :rolleyes:

Overspending here if you don't wanna game.

Unfortunately, I won't have enough for Christmas. :(
Can be fixed ;)

EDIT : 6870 will be better than 5870 as it quite cheaper for hardly any performance difference. And 6870CF >> 5870CF.

£20...old refurbished work laptop for old field reps.

i would have thought it would be fine to rum FM. I would only run 1 league anway, maybe 2 with a few background leagues just for the player database.

Yes.

Not worth the price IMO. Not at all.

Also go for 3x4GB RAM. For free slots and there's hardly a price difference.

And why not OC. :eek:

Ofcourse. It can "only" run every game @ Highest in Full HD. What a crap card. :rolleyes:

Overspending here if you don't wanna game.

Can be fixed ;)

EDIT : 6870 will be better than 5870 as it quite cheaper for hardly any performance difference. And 6870CF >> 5870CF.

It's for the future to be honest... I intend to keep this computer for 4-5 years with no upgrades (hence no overclocking and a video card that seems silly for no serious gaming but will quickly go out of date anyway in 3-4 years). And I'll be doing other processor-intensive tasks (without using the video card). Think compiling and running a virtual server, and some virtual machines.

Originally Posted by AHW1

Pentium 4 1.66ghz

2GB Ram

40GB Hard Drive

ATI Radeon 9600 Series

Can I finally play??

=====

Well, I have the laptop and have been playing FM 2011 for 2 days now, 4 leagues and running the 3D match engine. Runs absolutely fine, process quick enough, harldy any lag or jump in the frame rate of the 3D engine.

Works a hell of a lot better than I thought.

So yes, it does start, yes it plays well !!

Ok so i'm looking at new computers but i have no idea where to start. Other than as much ram as possible what else do i need to maximise fm 11 performance?

And can anyone in australia reccommend a good place to get it from?

EDIT: Btw 3D performance isn't of concern to me because i watch games in 2D Classic.

Desktop or laptop??

Budget??

And RAM isn't as important as you say. Most important is CPU. Then comes RAM (4GB is best value).

oh ok thanks, i'm looking at desktops and i'm willing to stretch my budget if needed. If i can find something for $AU 1,000 that would be great but i'd be willing to go higher.

Put this in the technical issues/crash section but nobody has replied. Put simply, I'm confused. Got a good system, running plenty of leagues, plenty of memory, not even got to the end of season 2, and yet now for my game it's saying it's running dangerously low on memory, and then that I need to close and free up more memory, which it then does itself, as it says it's run out of memory. Any ideas? Makes no sense to me, as it's not like I'm trying to run 150 leagues on a large database with my pc unable to cope. Don't want to lose this game now if I can help it. Any help would be appreciated.

Put this in the technical issues/crash section but nobody has replied. Put simply, I'm confused. Got a good system, running plenty of leagues, plenty of memory, not even got to the end of season 2, and yet now for my game it's saying it's running dangerously low on memory, and then that I need to close and free up more memory, which it then does itself, as it says it's run out of memory. Any ideas? Makes no sense to me, as it's not like I'm trying to run 150 leagues on a large database with my pc unable to cope. Don't want to lose this game now if I can help it. Any help would be appreciated.

Increase your pagefile.

Your PC will access this when it runs out of RAM.

So this is the laptop im most likely getting..

HP G62-b17SA, AMD Turion II Dual-Core P540 2.4GHz, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, 15.6" diagonal High-Definition LED HP BrightView Display, Radeon HD 4250 Graphics, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, DVD+/-RW DL SM LS, WiFi b/g/n, Bluetooth, Webcam, 5-in-1 Media Card Reader, 1Yr Warranty, Office 10 Ready, 6 Cell Battery, Biscotti with Prism pattern

I know some of that is irrelevant, just thought id post it all

Approx how many leagues do you think id be able to run and also how smoothly with 3D Match Engine?

Actually, another question. The macbook airs don't have a diskdrive. I've bought the game on CD. Will i be able to play the game with out a CD drive (activation through steam for example?) or would i have to buy the game again?

I don't get this thing with running "all" the leagues. Not even on a small database, with an i7 960, 8GB Ram and the Radeon 5790 is it doeable. And I know cause that's what I'm using right now.

Realistically, to get GOOD speed, I am running 11 countries and 21 leagues. On a large database.

Hi guys,

Just a quick question (and apologies if it has already been asked in the previous pages).

I am planning on buying a Macbook within the next few weeks and hope I'll be able to resume my FM addiction in due course. However, I'm not too clued up on computer specs and the like so I was hoping someone could advise whether the standard Macbook will run FM11 trouble-free? I spoke to someone who has a Mac and he seemed to think a graphics card might be needed for the 3D pitch.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Guys,

I'm looking at a new macbook. Graphic specs are listed as:

"NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory"

Will this comfortably run the 3D graphics to the highest detail level?

Yes .

Archived