Ronseal™

Purefun

Guest roberto922

But you don't have to be the 4th best side to be good enough to finish there. Plus we have an extremely strong team spirit, an excellent manager and a great group of players. It's easy to underestimate us if you go by what the media says and don't watch us enough, or just judge signings by their price maybe, but it's also extremely foolish. I get the feeling you, Joe and Edgar stopped watching the EPL around January last season and didn't see us playing much better than everyone bar Chelsea, Tottenham and Man Utd.

But like I said, I'm proven right every season so I'm not overly fussed what your opinion is on this :thup:

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But you don't have to be the 4th best side to be good enough to finish there. Plus we have an extremely strong team spirit, an excellent manager and a great group of players. It's easy to underestimate us if you go by what the media says and don't watch us enough, or just judge signings by their price maybe, but it's also extremely foolish. I get the feeling you, Joe and Edgar stopped watching the EPL around January last season and didn't see us playing much better than everyone bar Chelsea, Tottenham and Man Utd.

But like I said, I'm proven right every season so I'm not overly fussed what your opinion is on this :thup:

I'll admit I didn't really watch much of the EPL last year as I was following the Championship more. Its the start of the season, nobody knows what is going to happen, I'm just going more on the team on paper as we haven't seen anyone yet to judge. On paper Everton aren't top 4 standard, that's all I'm saying.

Guest roberto922

I never said we did have a top 4 squad though? Every place from 3rd and 4th are up for grabs, with Man City the only side that has a real quality gap on paper, every single side in the top 8 could end up finishing there, except for Chelsea ofc, they look a shoe in for the title, I can see Man City and Man Utd battling between 2nd and 3rd, and then the other 5 battling it out for 4th place, there's not that much difference in quality between the 5 teams, other than Tottenham and Arsenal having more depth. Liverpool and Aston Villa are particularly vulnerable to being gazumped. Well, I say gazumped, this is the first season in ages that Villa have actually finished ahead of us.

Preparing for a nice bbq later on. Texas steaks, "witte pens", lambchops, all kind of sausages (sp), chicken, bacon ... Big potatoes stuffed with garlic, little potatoes a little warmed up together with some "provençale" sauce, tomatoes with red onion (prepared now so it blends in together) .... and way more. Damm I can eat. :p

Ah you're a Spurs fan Edgar, that explains it. And I can pretty much guarantee you that none of our players would go to you, Man City are different though, and no one other than Man Utd and Chelsea can completely stop their players from going there.

fwiw on paper I'd agree that the top 5 are well ahead of us in terms of squad depth and quality, Liverpool not quite so much, and Villa aren't better on any front. But to say that anyone outside the top 8 is even close to us is laughable. Other than perhaps Fulham but they're nothing without Roy

Joe - We shouldn't be aiming for a top 6 place? I'm not saying we'll get it, but it is what we should be aiming for, we can't go in to the season saying 'oh they're better on paper, lets throw away our stellar form and past record, toe the line and finish 8th.

What does me being a Spurs fan have to do with my opinion of Everton?

As for stopping watching the EPL after January, yes obviously I did because the season was going so poorly for us I couldn't bear to watch ;)

I'm not going to take this thread down but I will say that there is some serious arrogance and cliqueishness (just made that up, but I like it) going on already. Tomtuck just because I have a different opinion to you and haven't managed as many posts as you and your mate Roberto doesn't mean my opinions are embarassing or any less valid than yours or his. One of the great things about the beautiful game is that supporters up and down the country will debate things and very rarely agree, doesn't mean we are all wrong. So lets keep this thread friendly and if you (tomtuck) can try and be less condescending I'm sure we'll get along fine. :thup:

Guest roberto922

This is why teleports need to be invented. I want some Texas Steaks :(

EDIT: Whaaaaaaa? It's arrogant for me to think that a side that has finished in the top 6 for the last 3 years and 4 times in the last 5, a side that is only getting stronger, that has one of the worlds greatest prospects committing himself to us and getting better with every game, that has one of the best managers in the league, and a group of players, has the quality to finish 4th? **** that, that's not arrogance it's common sense, arrogance would be to say we will finish 4th, ignorance and stupidity would be to say that we can't.

Guest roberto922

And where the hell does post count come in to it? We don't gaf how many posts you have, but if you want to think we do because we've disagreed with you on one thing feel free.

To be fair, the arrogance comment wasn't really directed at you so much. But it seems to have hit a nerve so if the cap fits.............

For the record I don't have any problem with Everton, I just feel (and it is my personal opinion, not the law) that there are definitely 7 sides better than you (Chelsea, ManU, the gooners, Spurs, Man City, Villa and Liverpool) As you rightly pointed out Liverpool aren't as good as they are made out(still just better than you atm) and could very easily implode (see I can agree with you).

Guest roberto922
But you don't have to be the 4th best side to be good enough to finish there.
I never said we did have a top 4 squad though? Every place from 3rd and 4th are up for grabs, with Man City the only side that has a real quality gap on paper, every single side in the top 8 could end up finishing there, except for Chelsea ofc, they look a shoe in for the title, I can see Man City and Man Utd battling between 2nd and 3rd, and then the other 5 battling it out for 4th place, there's not that much difference in quality between the 5 teams, other than Tottenham and Arsenal having more depth. Liverpool and Aston Villa are particularly vulnerable to being gazumped. Well, I say gazumped, this is the first season in ages that Villa have actually finished ahead of us.

I'm gonna quote these two posts every time someone brings up the argument that we can't finish there because other sides are better.

EDIT: :( all I have are crackers

edgar - I never said that your posts specifically were embarassing, it was just a general comment. If you choose to think that I mean you, then that's up to you.

And, frankly, I dont see how I am been arrogant? You'll have to explain that to me, and everyone else, I think. :confused:

Purefun - Not really barbeque weather here, we've just had a shower. :(

I can see now why these threads have been closed in the past :/

Let's change subject, who do you's think will be the three relegated sides from the Prem? I personally think Blackpool are the only side that don't genuinely look good enough to stay up. After them it could be any two of about 6 teams (including us).

Guest roberto922
Maybe Everton, you never know. :D

Watch it. male16-male-mad-angry-smiley-emoticon-000099-large.gif

Fulham look like getting Martin Jol, they won't be troubling the big boys but they'll be alright.

Magaye Gueye has been looking great for us in the pre season so far, could be a very well spent €1m

EDIT: That smiley is horrible. THat's better

would expect double figures to be honest

I'd say about 10 quid is right too BB ;)

I'm off and will not be back untill monday, so guys don't let this be a cluster****. :thup:

Don't worry Purefun, you can trust me with the keys :D

chelski have aparently put in a £50milj bid for Torres, to be honest i kinda hope the deal hapen, since that it would make it far more intresting to play 'pool on fm11

As was said on the previous page;

Please dont say Chelski, it displays a level of maturity that I do not wish to interact with. :thdn:

Aswell as that, a kitten dies everytime you say it. :(

Don't see how they can keep Torres though. They're skint, have no CL football and therefore are vulnerable. Having said that, Torres could be a gamble anyway. The last year and a half he's made Darren Andertons appearance record look good and just looked average at the WC. Admittedly he's still scored when he's turned out for the scousers and yes he wasn't fully fit at the WC, but still £50m is a lot of cash. Not that I'd say no if he decided he wants to move to the Lane, but just saying he could be a risk.

How likely is it that Mesut Özil will be at Werder Bremen for this next season?

And who is his favourite club?

would reckon we would see him at Real Madrid or Barcelona, wouldn't suit EPL imo

although i fully expect he will see out his last year on his contract before moving

How likely is it that Mesut Özil will be at Werder Bremen for this next season?

And who is his favourite club?

FM says his favourites are Barca, Fenerbache and Werder. So Barca will have to fight off Fenerbache for him.

I agree with BB, I don't think he'd suit EPL either and Barca would make sense.

I live in a cul de sac in a quiet Cornish but theres always the same guy on a scrambler that rides up and down god knows how many times a day (6 today iirc) an revs the **** out of it. I 've heard him do it at around 4 in the morning too (waking me up and just doing my nut in):mad:. My neighbour has today shouted at him to keep his noise down. (He better take bloody notice). Sorry just had to get it out of my system.

Archived