Ronseal™

Purefun

Being a Chelsea fan you would imagine I would defend them & I wouldn't mind if we spent the money well but after the likes of Shevshenko, Pizzaro, Mikel, Zirkhov, Molauda I really don't want to defend them & then they sign Benayoun? He was half the player Joe Cole ever was!

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
man city and chelsea's owners screwed the game up, players are getting ridiculously overpriced :( i will never pay more than 20 million for a player on FM >:[
I don't think you can blame it on City/Chelsea - there's just more money in today's game in general imo. What about the large fees paid by all of the rest of the large clubs in the world.

In the end you can't blame any single person or any single club, it's called inflation and it's a natural part of a healthy growing economy like that of football. Transfer fees are always going to rise for as long as the football industry as a whole does, there's nothing fundamentally wrong with that.

What might seem slightly unfair is the means by which the 'inflation' of transfer fees is happening, rich owners taking over clubs, rather than clubs generating the funds through their own schemes/loans etc., but that's just part of football and I don't think the rise in fees can be put down to that solely, although it has obviously accelerated the inflation.

As Joe rightly says its not just Chelsea and City. Madrid started it with the Galacticos. Or maybe Meelan started it with some silly fees (anyone remember £18m Gigi Lentini?) Man Utd are certainly not blameless, £30m on the likes of Rio, Rooney, Veron and Berbatoss. In an ideal world all teams would have to generate their own cash and this is something that Platini and other high ups in the world game are pushing. However, money talks.

Being a Chelsea fan you would imagine I would defend them & I wouldn't mind if we spent the money well but after the likes of Shevshenko, Pizzaro, Mikel, Zirkhov, Molauda I really don't want to defend them & then they sign Benayoun? He was half the player Joe Cole ever was!

Mikel Zhirkov and Maouda are good players, decent signings they were

As Joe rightly says its not just Chelsea and City. Madrid started it with the Galacticos. Or maybe Meelan started it with some silly fees (anyone remember £18m Gigi Lentini?) Man Utd are certainly not blameless, £30m on the likes of Rio, Rooney, Veron and Berbatoss. In an ideal world all teams would have to generate their own cash and this is something that Platini and other high ups in the world game are pushing. However, money talks.

but chelsea were the ones who started the crazy cash injection into the market, 100 million in one window or something close to that? Only Chelsea and Man City spent that kinda money in a window (thankfully Chelsea withdrew).. and inevitably, when there are more cash circulating around the markets, clubs have more money to spend, players get insanely overpriced ):

oh yes and Real Madrid, 80 million for Ronaldo?! are you kidding me ): imo no players is worth that much!

Of course no one is but they probably said the same when Francis became the first million pound man etc. That was the amount it took for Perez to get his man, whether wrong or right thats how it is.

Mikel Zhirkov and Maouda are good players, decent signings they were

Mikel was hailed as the next Makalele who was one of my favorite ever players and although has calmed down recently was very poor with his tackles Maoulda is good at the moment so I apolgize for that one & Zhirkov may be good but wasn't worth 16mil! Also add Deco & Mutu to the list! However I am an extremely supportive Chelsea fan so I will present a list of great buys:

Terry (Free!)

Drogba & Essien (24mil each)

Lamps (12 mil I think)

J Cole (Shouldn't of left! 8 mil though)

Naj man, Chelsea have got the best squad in the PL if not Europe, even though Im a Villa fan I can admit that. Mikel, especially has been one of there best signings. He is still young though and is like a juvenile Makelele

Yeah, you have to remember that Mikel is still what, a good 10 years (if not more) younger than Makelele.

Plenty of time for improvement.

Bringing back the Daily Sport conversation previously mentioned.

I just noticed that they will say a transfer story one day, and then the very next day.. have a story about that transfer not going through.

I feel like I am reading the same thing, day in - day out.

How hard would it be to be a football manager in real life without any playing experience?

I've been wondering whether skills for managing come naturally or can be learned,

I have no idea what jobs I want to do in the future and I don't know if I should even consider bothering thinking about trying to become a football manager, I heard that the likes of Jose Mourinho never actually played football so it does make me wonder...

How hard would it be to be a football manager in real life without any playing experience?

I've been wondering whether skills for managing come naturally or can be learned,

I have no idea what jobs I want to do in the future and I don't know if I should even consider bothering thinking about trying to become a football manager, I heard that the likes of Jose Mourinho never actually played football so it does make me wonder...

Jose's just a phenom though. One in a million. Not saying you couldn't be too but just putting it into perspective.

You're in the wrong country to ever get high enough to make a really good living I'd say. England has the lowest number of coaches with UEFA pro licenses out of all major European nations (something like only 10% of the number Spain have). It is very difficult to progress in English football because the system is so outdated and inaccessible.

Don't worry at your age I had no idea what I wanted to do. In fact I still wasn't sure up to 4 years ago. When I was 30.

I think Mourinho played in a low level of football and I think Wenger did as well. I could be wrong though.

It would no doubt be much harder if you don't have a background as a player as even if you are a good manager clubs may not be as likely to give you the opportunity.

To be a manager you probably need some natural ability which you may have but many things can be learned like tactics, training techniques and so on.

Anyway as edgar said above you still have many years to decide what you want to do.

I want a securely payed job that allows me to work with the public in some form though

football management never a secured paid job though surely?

better off becoming a coach if you really want to get into some kind of football thing (my mate is going to America to train as a coach.. jamyy bastard) :(

The only guy I can think of who didnt is Bob Bradley the American coach.

I had no clue as to what I wanted to do up until a year ago looking through Uni guides when I decided on Accounting.

Mourinho played with teams but didnt make it and Wenger's career wasn't exactly long term or succesful

The only guy I can think of who didnt is Bob Bradley the American coach.

I had no clue as to what I wanted to do up until a year ago looking through Uni guides when I decided on Accounting.

Don't do it!!!

I wanted to do it at Uni, so I did it for AS, and it's the most gut-wrenchingly boring subject in the world, not to mention its bloody hard. Out of a class of 17, 14 people got U's, while the rest got E's. There were some very clever people in there as well.

I will be doing Marine Geography now. :)

FRANCE WORLD CUP SQUAD SUSPENDED by new manager Laurent Blanc, all 23 players have been suspened and wont play again until the near future.

just when i thought Blanc might restore some normality into the Frence squad he does this.... what a stupid move to punish some players who did nothing wrong

Archived