Metal_Guitarist's FM10 Update

metal_guitarist

Should I continue releasing updates til FM11?  

469 members have voted

1. 1. Should I continue releasing updates til FM11?

• No, I want a long term save from now
    • Weekly, but only til the demo comes out
    • Weekly, til the full game comes out
    • Bi-weekly, but only til the demo comes out
    • Bi-weekly, til the full game comes out
    • Meh your update sucks

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep got that one cheers. Shelvey gets the 53, which I thought was a bit weird. Arsenal keeper who was on loan at Brentford last year (begins with S, can't remember how to spell it) has been moved to 26, Andy Carroll is up to no. 9 at Newcastle as well.

Metal_Guitarist sounds like you're doing a fantastic job here. I've never done a data update this way before, how do I actually go about putting it in the game? Do you have any links for instructions? Many thanks.

Put in the following location: My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor data

Then start a new game. :thup:

@Kaka_Canary, download the file and then move it to My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/editor data.

Then open FM10, hit new game and underneath where you choose the database, there should be some text saying something along the lines of "x out of y files selected" (x being amount of extra files selected and y the amount of the extra files you have). There will also be a button saying 'change'.

If my update is the only extra file, then the text should say '1 out of 1 selected', just continue a new game like normal. If you have more files, then hit the change button, and select my file.

Hope this helps.

@sbrysonuk, just encountered the error. I'll upload my current database now, and then as normal upload at the usual time on Thursday nights/Friday morning/afternoon.

Adam Bolder has been done.

@Jack, when you hit the new game button, and box should pop-up asking to choose your database. Make sure you choose 10.3 and that underneath, it says '1 out 1 editor files selected' (providing you don't have any other downloaded files). If it doesn't, hit the button next to the text and make sure that the box next to the file is checked.

First team coach Mauricio Pelligrino, goalkeeping coach Xavi Valero and Fitness coach Francisco De Miguel are still at liverpool, should be at Inter.

Who has been sacked at Inter?

And who have these been replaced by at Liverpool?

Basically what are the staff lists for both clubs for FM :)

Yes but compare that to the list on FM and it barely covers half of them, there are no scouts on there etc...

And doesn't show where people have left to go.

+ Half of those aren't on the game and their roles are available either :p

got my PC sorted ( well think I have, seem a detailed formatting has done the trick) and 13 games into my season and loving the update..thank you mate.just out of curiosity are you likely to edit PA/CA for Lourent Kosielney ( think thats how you spell his name)..Thomas Vermalen said hes strong and quick defender..also what abut Anthony Annan, my scouts come back to me saying he is average...is it that my scouts are wrong or is he not top quality yet in the game ..thanks

Glad to hear you've got it working and like the update. Both have decent enough PAs to become very good Premier League players, and Koscielny already has fairly good physical stats, especially in strength. I'll be honest, I don't know enough about the guy to make changes and to be fair, a lot of players are 'quick' to Vermaelen (he's no slouch, but not the quickest guy in the world), so I don't really think there is enough to warrant increases. A couple of points on the CA due to natural progression may happen, but nothing major.

Can see what you're saying, but as I said, I don't know enough about the guy to give him the increases he may deserve. It's all very well Vermaelen saying he's strong and quick, but both of those are subjective. For example, if you are Usain Bolt, there are going to be very few people you think of as 'quick' because you're one of the fastest runners on the planet, whereas if you're a 10 year old and watch some older kids playing football, you'd be thinking 'blimey that guy is quick' simply because the player is faster than yourself, when in fact there might be another 10 players on the field who are faster.

He's not a well-known name, but he has the potential to be, hence his PA being over 160. He's got the 4th best CA out of the defenders there, and the 2nd highest of the centre backs, of which he is more than likely going to be first choice with Vermaelen, and very rarely does Wenger go and buy an 'established' player. Barring Campbell and Silvestre who are nearing the end of their careers, I believe the last 'established' defender he bought was Gallas. He's also come from the French league which isn't as good a standard as the Premier League, and not from one of the major teams either, and I don't imagine he was a standout player in the league, but Wenger has seen the potential in him to become a good player (Chris Smalling another example there).

Like I said, I can add another couple of points due to natural progression, but I know nothing about the guy.

Hope that makes sense.

How do you remove points deductions in the editor?

Recreate the league using nation rules.

Alternatively, although I am not entirely sure if it will work or not, is to recreate the club that has the point deduction.

Could use FMRTE, may feel like a cheat though.

Why would it feel like a cheat. Your removing a points deduction just like you intend to do in the editor but without all the fuss. It would only be cheating if you then looked up all the wonderkids and started your team on +50.

Why do people always say cheat as soon as FMRTE is mentioned :rolleyes: . It can be used for many no cheating purposes.

Archived