My Next Project : Project Mourinho

Do your strikers not make runs like this?

22891050.jpg

It looks like I don’t have many options but take notice of the AML’s (inside forward) position and watch him about to cut inside and split the defence.

28487287.jpg

Admittedly thats my inside forward. But I find my players make lots of space upfront. I don't want to hijack your thread but take a look at the posts at bottom of page 1 in my SUPJ thread and I've put some examples up on how my strikers find space. It might help you out.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could be that the AI uses "move into channels" on both strikers possibly with free role on both so they'll be looking for space at all times. I could try it and see how I fair although i prefer to have just the one on those settings with the other staying a little more central so there is passing options up front.

It could be that the AI uses "move into channels" on both strikers possibly with free role on both so they'll be looking for space at all times. I could try it and see how I fair although i prefer to have just the one on those settings with the other staying a little more central so there is passing options up front.

I think it does use that because if you notice when you view a game, the player gets space by dragging his marker wide with him. Allowing a simple pass to his strike partern who is now in space. This is how I have my striker set up to move out wide. This allows him to drag people wide to create space for my inside forwards to run into and exploit.

I think it does use that because if you notice when you view a game, the player gets space by dragging his marker wide with him. Allowing a simple pass to his strike partern who is now in space. This is how I have my striker set up to move out wide. This allows him to drag people wide to create space for my inside forwards to run into and exploit.

Definately something to ponder over the next couple of days. I'm still yet to start the 4-3-3 and it will be nice to have options to choose between the two. Once I've perfected this I'll restart a new game with Tottenham and then switch between the two which should for one confuse the hell out of the AI and also give options to be more solid (4 mids and 2 strikers) or more attacking (3 mids and 3 strikers).

Here are my results with this tactic so far:

resultsm.jpgw1238.png

I think they are pretty great results, considering I don't have the best players for the formation, I mean I have been playing Govou at MCR position and sometimes Bastos at MCL, so they are way out of position but still doing well.

One thing I have noticed, and maybe its just with this version on the tactic, but the fullbacks could be involved more in the game.

Steve

Justified.

I'm a huge fan of the 4-3-3, gave your 'Play like Pep' a go. I enjoyed it, but it was for top teams, as for high creative freedom :thup:

Looking forward to give this 4-3-3 a go, as I would presume it can be used with most teams?

Here are my results with this tactic so far:

resultsm.jpgw1238.png

I think they are pretty great results, considering I don't have the best players for the formation, I mean I have been playing Govou at MCR position and sometimes Bastos at MCL, so they are way out of position but still doing well.

One thing I have noticed, and maybe its just with this version on the tactic, but the fullbacks could be involved more in the game.

Steve

Very true Steve. It is a "problem" I am going to address in the new version as I might have been a little too cautious in my approach to the fullbacks. They will be better in the next version.

Great results mate

Justified, any news on the GREAT 442 you are working on :p

The 4132 is the 442 as that is how Mourinho plays his 442 (or a version anyways as he has tried 442 Diamond wide and narrow and 4-3-1-2)

love this tactic....any new version yet?

Hopefully in the next few days, glad your enjoying version one though.

Justified.

I'm a huge fan of the 4-3-3, gave your 'Play like Pep' a go. I enjoyed it, but it was for top teams, as for high creative freedom

Looking forward to give this 4-3-3 a go, as I would presume it can be used with most teams?

Should do but you'll need the players, especially the front three. If failing to match the opponent then 442 would give yuo the option to be more defensive but still be a threat :)

Update

I've decided that I'm going over the next couple of days I'm going to release a number of 6 tactics for this thread. There will be 2 442's, 2 433's, a 4-2-1-2-1 SUS and a 4-3-3 AOA. There will be two versions of the 442 and 433 for two reasons. Mourinho has always referred to either dominating a match or controlling a match so I'm going to release two versions of the same formation but two diffrent styles of attacking. One will focus on playing the game in teh opponents half, pushing up and dominating as much as possible. The second will play a little lower d-line and slower to patiently go on the attack. The SUS tactic will place two DMC's in front of the defence to keep things tight for those final nervwrecking ten minutes and the AOA will place three strikers next to each other to outman the AI's defence. The SUS and AOA will be the latter projects with my focus being on the 442 and 433 for now but at least now you know my thinking :)

Justified, just a quick question, will these tactics be classic or made using the new tactics creator?

Thanks ;)

Classic as it's my preferred style. If people really want me to make TC versions I will but there would be little point as it would almost be pointless to include shouts as the instructions are very specific.

I think Cleon summed it up best when he said that TC + shouts = success. However if you have a set of tactics for situations then what's the point in the TC? Now saying that the tactics I am making are not really a "set" because most sets would have Shut Up Shop, Defensive, Counter, Standard, Control, Attacking and All Out Attack. I am not a fan of having that many tactics as I feel you can play the game a little more simplified then that.

Also constantly changing passing, tempo and closing down sliders will throw your players out of whack as well because they have to keep adapting. I like to try and keep these figures as simple as possible so they can feel more confident going into matches :)

Update

I've decided that I'm going over the next couple of days I'm going to release a number of 6 tactics for this thread. There will be 2 442's, 2 433's, a 4-2-1-2-1 SUS and a 4-3-3 AOA. There will be two versions of the 442 and 433 for two reasons. Mourinho has always referred to either dominating a match or controlling a match so I'm going to release two versions of the same formation but two diffrent styles of attacking. One will focus on playing the game in teh opponents half, pushing up and dominating as much as possible. The second will play a little lower d-line and slower to patiently go on the attack. The SUS tactic will place two DMC's in front of the defence to keep things tight for those final nervwrecking ten minutes and the AOA will place three strikers next to each other to outman the AI's defence. The SUS and AOA will be the latter projects with my focus being on the 442 and 433 for now but at least now you know my thinking :)

Sounding like it is going to get too complicated for me, I thought you were onto something by perfecting the 442 and mix it with the 433, but having many many tactics might lead to instability.

Steve

Sounding like it is going to get too complicated for me, I thought you were onto something by perfecting the 442 and mix it with the 433, but having many many tactics might lead to instability.

Steve

If anything you'd be more stable as there will be a tactic for each type of team you play. However I do understand the bit about complexity. However every tactic as to be changed at some point to adapt to a team. Having these sets the changes are already made.

Steve

Trust me, won't be complicated. You'll be using the "dominate" tactic the most as the control won't work on teams that are (counter)attacking. After that there will be one for one you need a goal and one when you have to defend your goal.

If you compare to other "sets" on the sight this one will be the least complicated, I can garantee.

Should do but you'll need the players, especially the front three. If failing to match the opponent then 442 would give yuo the option to be more defensive but still be a threat :)

Okay then. :)

Just to ask what are the front 3 that you would look for?

and also how is the 4-3-3 going, is it looking good? Hows the Defence and the Attack?

Okay then. :)

Just to ask what are the front 3 that you would look for?

and also how is the 4-3-3 going, is it looking good? Hows the Defence and the Attack?

Well the wingers would be wing forwards and the striker would be complete/poacher type of player. I've only done minimal testing with the 433 as I'd like to get the 442 our first but I found that it's important to get the MC's mentality a little higher then the team average to get them up and supporting. The same with the fullbacks really if you want them to attack and overload the flanks.

Well the wingers would be wing forwards and the striker would be complete/poacher type of player. I've only done minimal testing with the 433 as I'd like to get the 442 our first but I found that it's important to get the MC's mentality a little higher then the team average to get them up and supporting. The same with the fullbacks really if you want them to attack and overload the flanks.

I've not had time to catch up on the thread in recent days. However will the 2 outer strikers be AML/AMR's? I presume so but wanted to check:D

Okay :)

That's the problem I had with my MCs when I had a try at making a my own 4-3-3, trying to get the right balance to get them supporting. Will be good to see how you do it :p.

When you say Complete Striker/Poacher, what the primary attributes?

Okay :)

That's the problem I had with my MCs when I had a try at making a my own 4-3-3, trying to get the right balance to get them supporting. Will be good to see how you do it :p.

When you say Complete Striker/Poacher, what the primary attributes?

Well most teams don't have Complete Strikers so the "step down" would be a poacher, someone who's there to finish off moves.

Trust me, won't be complicated. You'll be using the "dominate" tactic the most as the control won't work on teams that are (counter)attacking. After that there will be one for one you need a goal and one when you have to defend your goal.

If you compare to other "sets" on the sight this one will be the least complicated, I can garantee.

I hope your right Justified! I hate things getting too complex. I would prefere to have 1 main tactic, then maybe a few others if needed e.g. defensive tactic to hold a lead and a more attacking tactic. But maybe I won't need to use all 6 of the tactics you are making, as I will mainly use the 442 (which i'm loving)

I have nearly finished my season with your tactic, and I will post the results up soon.

Steve

Just a quick question.

In your screenshot you have Crouch as 'Shadow Striker' and Defoe as 'Goalscorer'.

I would of thought you would have Defoe roaming, and have Crouch in the box, trying to score with his Feet and Head?

Just a quick question.

In your screenshot you have Crouch as 'Shadow Striker' and Defoe as 'Goalscorer'.

I would of thought you would have Defoe roaming, and have Crouch in the box, trying to score with his Feet and Head?

I think Justified meant his 'shadow sriker' is on the left, as that was the case with the previous tactic.

One thing I did notice though, is that on the screenshot of the tactic there are NO barrows on the DMC and CB's but on the tactic I downloaded there are barrows???

Steve

Is the 'Control' tactic more of an away tactic?

Steve

Not quite. Control is more keeping the ball trying to dominate but in a diffrent manner, playing less attacking and try and circulate the ball looking for an opening. If you're giving up too much possesion you could try switching to this one. You'd be using dominate most of the time though.

Just a quick question.

Sorry I wrote it wrong, it's corrected now, it's the left striker who is indeed the shadow striker :)

Here is my first result with Dominate tactic. One word............................... AMAZING!

resultn.jpg

Wow, sorry to point out the obvious, but great result! :p

I may give them a go.... although I'm not a fan of the formation.... :(

Wow, sorry to point out the obvious, but great result! :p

I may give them a go.... although I'm not a fan of the formation.... :(

Im wasn't a fan of the formation either, as I have always played with wingers, but this is just excellent football, and who doesn't want to be like Mourinho lol

Steve

I think Justified meant his 'shadow sriker' is on the left, as that was the case with the previous tactic.

One thing I did notice though, is that on the screenshot of the tactic there are NO barrows on the DMC and CB's but on the tactic I downloaded there are barrows???

Steve

The screenshot is probably taken before a match when the formations and starting eleven of both teams are showed but without the arrows. :)

Looks like another great tactic by justified. I am currently using the "Play like Pep" for my Liverpool team and i won the domestic treble with it and i am one game into the World Cup with England so hopefully i can add some more silverware this season.

So i wanted to try out this tactic last night and started a new game with Man City and bought some players i missed out on in my Liverpool save, in preseason the tactic was awsome and i won my one and only PL game(so far) too, so it is working well so far. I'd just like to say as some people have above that you do play some nice football with this tactic (and play like pep) which is one of the main things i look for in a tactic, i'd rather see nice realistic football rather than pinball/balloon football and win 7-0.

So now thanks to Jusified i have too FM games going and the Misses will be hating me even more, keep up the good work Justifed :D

So what do we look out for the "Shadow Forward"?

From the gameplay how it move i think : Pass, Finishing?

The Other Forward?

High Finishing?

Look for similiar stats as a poacher. The other can either be anotehr poacher or more a complete striker. Just someone that can anticipate balls and finish off moves.

Looks like another great tactic by justified. I am currently using the "Play like Pep" for my Liverpool team and i won the domestic treble with it and i am one game into the World Cup with England so hopefully i can add some more silverware this season.

So i wanted to try out this tactic last night and started a new game with Man City and bought some players i missed out on in my Liverpool save, in preseason the tactic was awsome and i won my one and only PL game(so far) too, so it is working well so far. I'd just like to say as some people have above that you do play some nice football with this tactic (and play like pep) which is one of the main things i look for in a tactic, i'd rather see nice realistic football rather than pinball/balloon football and win 7-0.

So now thanks to Jusified i have too FM games going and the Misses will be hating me even more, keep up the good work Justifed :D

That makes the kiel more even as I have to sacrifice my time with mine to make these :D However the great thing about my misses is that she doesn't mind that much. However I think it might be the psychological effects from Christmas still in her system (she was spoilt rotten). I'm reckon after Valentine's she'll throw my laptop out of the window.

As for the tactics, glad your enjoying them :)

I'll give this a go with Ajax, I'll let you know jow it turns out

Good Luck :thup:

Well I'm sorry to say, but after the great result to Bordeaux with the dominate tactic it has went downhill!

I'm conceeding far too many goals and just scraping wins. The defense plays no where near as good, and the opposition are constantly creating much more chances than me. Its not too enjoyable to watch, so I'm going to go back to your version 1 tactic you originally posted, I felt that played much much better. Here are the results:

results2.jpg

As you can see I have played 13 games and conceeded 13, not really brilliant, considering in the previous 13 games I only conceeded 7 with the Version 1 tactic, and I have some of the best defenders in the league. But the main thing that bothers me is that I'm not as dominant as with the previous tactic or defensively sound.

Steve

Well I'm sorry to say, but after the great result to Bordeaux with the dominate tactic it has went downhill!

I'm conceeding far too many goals and just scraping wins. The defense plays no where near as good, and the opposition are constantly creating much more chances than me. Its not too enjoyable to watch, so I'm going to go back to your version 1 tactic you originally posted, I felt that played much much better. Here are the results:

results2.jpg

As you can see I have played 13 games and conceeded 13, not really brilliant, considering in the previous 13 games I only conceeded 7 with the Version 1 tactic, and I have some of the best defenders in the league. But the main thing that bothers me is that I'm not as dominant as with the previous tactic or defensively sound.

Steve

That is odd :confused: I would of thought you'd be more stable. Did you try the control version to see if it's the tempo your players can't handle?

That is odd :confused: I would of thought you'd be more stable. Did you try the control version to see if it's the tempo your players can't handle?

I tried it once but it was not any better i'm afraid :(

Just played my next match with you older version 1 tactic, and won the game 1-0 (away) looked much better defensively and created a great goal.

Just played my next match with you older version 1 tactic, and won the game 1-0 (away) looked much better defensively and created a great goal.

Was there any type of goal you were conceeding most of? Like balls over the top, through balls, crosses?

Success Wise, I think the first version is better too.

I won 5 out of 10 with Hull. :D

Yet tried you new versions, and won 3 out of 10. Still not bad :thup:, but not as successful....

Success Wise, I think the first version is better too.

I won 5 out of 10 with Hull. :D

Yet tried you new versions, and won 3 out of 10. Still not bad :thup:, but not as successful....

For me it was the other way around. With Tottenham I seemed to give up a goal every match but since switching I almost did the "Magic Ten" clean sheets again had it not been for Liverpool (ironic indeed).

Ok I'll take another look at it.

For me it was the other way around. With Tottenham I seemed to give up a goal every match but since switching I almost did the "Magic Ten" clean sheets again had it not been for Liverpool (ironic indeed).

Ok I'll take another look at it.

I still think they are great, I'm agreeing with Spikester, about the first version, is more successful for some reason.....

Archived