kimz 8.0.2 tactic WITH NO TWEAK AT ALL!!! the best tactic for fm08??? RATE IT!!!

Which version do you like most ?  

1,003 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like most ?

Originally posted by Levi1717:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kimz:

finaly, end of my 1st season with fiorentina W29 D8 L1 F94-23, unfortunately i'm not winning the serie a title, inter milan make incredible run with W29 D9 with no lost...... icon_mad.gif

but i win the euro cup, hammering rangers 4-0 at final, and win italian cup 3-2 againts udinese icon_wink.gif

fio 1st season

and this is another link

Kimz_8.0.2_No_Tweaking_v1.tac

please give your feedback more detail...

nice man, did you sign anyone and if so who?

for me when i took over the had already sold Mutu to arsenal icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes i did, barzagli and van der vaart, but sold all winger...

then sold mutu for 25m pounds and bought maxi rodriguez and matias fernandez on january ...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by HydeFantics:

hey kimz ....

i make a new formation based on your team tactic .... and now it doing great .... icon_biggrin.gif

now, the worst result is draw ... icon_biggrin.gif

Can you uplaod a pic to show us? Or even better upload your new tatics?

this is the 2nd leg of the match which i won 2-0 ...

the 1st leg, i use same player and won 4-2

victory1.JPG

i untick filer for reserve and under 18 ... and Gabriel Torje and John Fleck is recomended by staff for a first team match ...

victory2.JPG

i often use ask pick option.... and i make minor tweak on the team and player instruction ...

Originally posted by kimz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Levi1717:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kimz:

finaly, end of my 1st season with fiorentina W29 D8 L1 F94-23, unfortunately i'm not winning the serie a title, inter milan make incredible run with W29 D9 with no lost...... icon_mad.gif

but i win the euro cup, hammering rangers 4-0 at final, and win italian cup 3-2 againts udinese icon_wink.gif

fio 1st season

and this is another link

Kimz_8.0.2_No_Tweaking_v1.tac

please give your feedback more detail...

nice man, did you sign anyone and if so who?

for me when i took over the had already sold Mutu to arsenal icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes i did, barzagli and van der vaart, but sold all winger...

then sold mutu for 25m pounds and bought maxi rodriguez and matias fernandez on january ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks before i took in charge they had sold mutu but for 40m icon_smile.gif

Absolutely gr8 tactic..

You're a genius, man.

I'm managing Feyenoord now, i played 20 matches and i am unbeaten in the league. i got only 4 draws in 2nd place. PSV is top of the table... icon_frown.gif

Here is my team;

-----------Makaay

Carvalho - Guzman - Slory

-------Sahin - Yussuf

De Cler - Bahia - Hofland - Lucius

-----------Ekramy

Amazing tactics!!! icon_cool.gif

however i have a qns: why is the 2 def mid not performing?

i'm using portsmouth and average rating - sean davis(6.38) and lassana diarra(6.82)[My starters]...papa diop(6.21) and pedro mendes(6.95)[backups]

...it has been a few months alr and my board wans me make them perform icon_mad.gif

icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by yq:

Amazing tactics!!! icon_cool.gif

however i have a qns: why is the 2 def mid not performing?

i'm using portsmouth and average rating - sean davis(6.38) and lassana diarra(6.82)[My starters]...papa diop(6.21) and pedro mendes(6.95)[backups]

...it has been a few months alr and my board wans me make them perform icon_mad.gif

icon_confused.gif

the DM position make a good rating when they defend well, not attacking well....

in v2 the DM job is distracting then opp DL & DR, so the 3 AMC will have alot of space to score when the opp DL & DR marking our DM....

thats the answer why is this formation not working....the opp DL & DR not marking DM player anymore as the ai play narrow after alot of game..

we need a new tactic (maybe v3 icon_wink.gif) that attacking from everywhere (center & winger) and scoring from eveywhere....

Wow.. This is my first post.. xD

Hmm.. I tried this tactic with MU with v1.. But it didn't show me a good result..

I use tevez as my ST upfront.. The next 3 amc are C Ronaldo,, Anderson,, Rooney..

They didn't work effectively..

Can u explain the solution for this please..

I imagine i could kick chelsea's butt at least 5-0 with this tactic.. hahaha..

Originally posted by Calvin08:

Hmm.. I tried this tactic with MU with v1.. But it didn't show me a good result..

I use tevez as my ST upfront.. The next 3 amc are C Ronaldo,, Anderson,, Rooney..

i never try these tactics on MU, but IMO using FC or winger at AMC pos will not work well...

are you at 1st season ? MU only have 3 AMC, retrain tevez, Ronaldo and Rooney as AMC or buy good AMC

i recomend van der vaart, maxi rodriguez, matias fernandez........ icon_wink.gif

Hey.

I've been using version 2 of this in a few games now and if you get the right players its really good.

Won the Serie A with Napoli, but not with the original squad. Napoli is one of my mates favorite teams so we decided to give them a 35M transfer kit and take them back to the glory they once where at :p We do this alot btw, start a game on each our computer with the exact same team and the exact same conditions.

Anyways, this gave me a couple of good attackers, a decent keeper and a better centerback. I got the turkey striker Nihat who was transfer listed, but other than that just your normal fringe players. No world beaters are willing to come to Napoli in the first season.

I dont think player naming is supposed to happen in this forum, but I'll just mention Arshavin anyways. He and Nihat are the perfect players for AMLC, AMRC, AND SC in this tactic. They play well in all positions, and I rotated them around alot (during matches aswell) to avoid man marking.

(PS! If anyone feel like giving me crap about the transfer kit, feel free to do so, but I wont bother to reply. Cause this result in the Serie A, 33-3-2 (108-30), (below) would have been amazing even playing as AC Milan, Inter, Juve, Roma, or any other top notch team. And frankly my squad was nowhere near the standard of the so called "top teams")

Anyways here are the results:

Serie A final table

Hopefully I can get some better defenders in for next season as the goals where leaking.

The losses came away to Milan (3-1), didnt have a chance. They where red hot having a 12-1-0 record their first 13 before I met them. They just rolled over me. Although 2 of their goals came from set pieces, as seem to be the case with 90% of the goals agains me after the patch.

The other loss was after I had already won the league away to Livorno. I played all the palyers that where mad at not getting first team time and some youngsters. It ended with a 3-2 loss, although the shots where 28-6 in my favour and their keeper got the MoM :p

I also wanna mention 343, this formation is hard to beat with this tactic if the other team is good. I ended up moving the DMC arrows to AML/AMR instead of FR/FL and putting them on cross often from deep. This gave me the upper hand.

Lets see, what else. Oh against a team like Milan. When I met them again at home late in the season Kaka scored a corner early on (yea the damn set pieces AGAIN) and then had a huge chance to make it 2-0 right after. So I removed the arrow on one of my DMCs and had him man mark Kaka with Hard tackling and no forward runs the rest of the game. I won 3-1 and they didnt create anything after that. So I think the DMC positions can be used to mark out exceptional players like that.

Also against Juventus I noticed their MR/ML players got to stand on about 30 yards and hit deep crosses with noone challenging them. So increased the DL/DR closing down to about 10 and they seem to play alot better now.

Right, that's it. I think this tactic is really nice to watch. Is gets you chances from open play by outplaying the oposition with quick passes which often is a joy to watch. I think the defense could be better, but I like offensive football. And like I said 9/10 goals against come from set pieces anyways after 8.02 for me. No matter what tactic I use.

Cheers.

hi gents been using version 2 of this tactic before i say anything else kimz your a genius man i'm middlesbrough and came 4th in my fisrt season very happy with that,

i also scored 90 goals in the prem alves getting 40 in 37 starts but now this is my problem i conceded 71 my goalie is bogdan lobart i've got huth and weater center and fabio aurillo and some dutch dudue as right back

i'd love any help on how to stop conceding so many i use the oi instructions aswell looking forward on starting my second season now and going for euro glory come on the boro!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvin08:

i never try these tactics on MU, but IMO using FC or winger at AMC pos will not work well...

are you at 1st season ? MU only have 3 AMC, retrain tevez, Ronaldo and Rooney as AMC or buy good AMC

i recomend van der vaart, maxi rodriguez, matias fernandez........ icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tevez retrains quickly at AMC & is lethal on the right or left AMC position. icon14.gif

Just wanted to say that for me, version 2 is the best tactic I've ever used for fm (and I've tried a lot, most of which with little success).

Im managing Newcastle and finished 4th in my first season and am currently 2nd in march in season 2 so doing pretty well.

My strikers (martins/aguero) and attacking midfielders (aguero, barnes, aissati, torje etc) score loads of goals but I do find we let quite a lot in at the same time despite a very strong defence (m.richards, bale, s.taylor, garay). Nontheless the leaked goals have not proven to be much of a problem thus far as Im scoring so many I usually win. (keegan mentality circa 1995).

The other thing I've noticed is that no matter who I play in the defensive midfield roles they always seem to get low match ratings (rarely above 6 and almost never above 7) so perhaps a little tweak here and there is required to perfect the tactic.

Overall as I said this is a fantastic tactic for me at least and having previously struggled with fm08 I can honestly say Im enjoying the game now so thanks!

Originally posted by Mr Hough:

hi gents been using version 2 of this tactic before i say anything else kimz your a genius man i'm middlesbrough and came 4th in my fisrt season very happy with that,

i also scored 90 goals in the prem alves getting 40 in 37 starts but now this is my problem i conceded 71 my goalie is bogdan lobart i've got huth and weater center and fabio aurillo and some dutch dudue as right back

i'd love any help on how to stop conceding so many i use the oi instructions aswell looking forward on starting my second season now and going for euro glory come on the boro!!!

fullbacks make the opposition's defender busy and at the same time AMC make a chance to shoots.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr Hough:

fullbacks make the opposition's defender busy and at the same time AMC make a chance to shoots. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't quite understand what your syaing care to ilaberate?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr Hough:

fullbacks make the opposition's defender busy and at the same time AMC make a chance to shoots. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very, Very strange post. But fun.

This tactic is crap, and I'll tell you why in a constructive way (as constructive as possible):

your V1 was OK, playing 8.0.2 andmost results were 1-0,1-1,2-1.

your V2 is actually worse off. You claim to have done some defensive tweaks, but for 2 seasons now (both playing simulation and human) it leaks goals like nothing I've ever seen.

As for the research, I did a game with Leeds (LL - but still decent side), Tottenham (good/medium side on FM) and then Valencia.All two seasons - simulated.

It's a very unstable tactic, and the results seem to fluctate a lot. It's most definately NOT a no-tweaking-at-all tactic.

I have to agree with |maze| this time I'm afraid. It's VERY unstable, but can be used as a "basis" to create a tactic IMO.

Offensively it can exploit certain areas of the opponents defensive weakness', but defensively it will ship alot of goals due to players losing their positional sense.

I too have tested it at various levels, teams and countries. Interestingly though, I also had my reserve and youth teams playing this formation, managed by my coaches or AssMan ticked to control. The results were unbelievable in fairness. Lot's of high scoring results. Unfortunately it didn't translate well to my first teams, even when I sought "ideal" players to suit the positions and instructions.

As for a "no tweeking" tactic, then I'm afraid that in FM08 there's no such thing. Yes, you can use a tactic and not tweek it, but part of what makes FM08 deeper and arguably more difficult/challenging is the need to make changes throughout a season with tactics, opposition instructions and with media interaction.

I think you can have a "base" tactic to work from, but it's inevitable that to be truly successful with any tactic, you have to adapt to suit match circumstances and opponents.

It certainly does though, get my vote for the "Most Interesting & Bizarre" formation I've seen posted for FM08. There are also some area that work very well offensively. So don't be disheartened by the criticism. Let it spur you on to greater things. icon14.gif

Originally posted by zoopaloola:

Nontheless the leaked goals have not proven to be much of a problem thus far as Im scoring so many I usually win. (keegan mentality circa 1995).

The other thing I've noticed is that no matter who I play in the defensive midfield roles they always seem to get low match ratings (rarely above 6 and almost never above 7) so perhaps a little tweak here and there is required to perfect the tactic.

Exactly the same here. Problem for me is I get annoyed when I concede. I can be playing Barcelona and winning 6-0, but if my team concedes (even if it's a last-minute lapse of concentration) I get dangerously furious.

As much as I love the attacking virtues of this tactic, I'm afraid I'm going to look elsewhere for one that's a bit more defensively stable.

its an interesting tactic, loads of people saying they conceed and score loads, i cant seem to score many at all.

i end up having loads of shot on goal and on target but only score one or two. making for a close nail biting finish. plus the opposition keeper normally gets ratings of 9 or 10, their not good i just cant finish

heres some pics of my last few games

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q19/lost989/tacpic2.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q19/lost989/tacpic1.jpg

how can i get my team to convert these chances. i'm man utd by the way and have some decent players in my second season.

Originally posted by SkeeterP:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zoopaloola:

Nontheless the leaked goals have not proven to be much of a problem thus far as Im scoring so many I usually win. (keegan mentality circa 1995).

Exactly the same here. Problem for me is I get annoyed when I concede. I can be playing Barcelona and winning 6-0, but if my team concedes (even if it's a last-minute lapse of concentration) I get dangerously furious.

As much as I love the attacking virtues of this tactic, I'm afraid I'm going to look elsewhere for one that's a bit more defensively stable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah sod it. This forum's in such a mess that I can only find 4 other tactics before I lose my mind. I think I'm going to stick with Kimz and see what happens.

i really think this games gone down hill

a couple of years ago it was the best thing since sliced bread i didn't want to leave the house but these days you have to arsene wenger to play the bloody thing

i mean i don't wanna win easy but for god sake you bring out the game realise it got a few bugs change it slightly put more bugs in than you take out then realise that versions poo so you bring out another version

which is the worst one imo i just wann acome home from work and win a few matches without have to spend hours preparing my tactics i know thats what they do in real life but this is a game and games are supposed to be fun

this isn't fun anymore!!!

Originally posted by |maze|:

This tactic is crap, and I'll tell you why in a constructive way (as constructive as possible):

your V1 was OK, playing 8.0.2 andmost results were 1-0,1-1,2-1.

your V2 is actually worse off. You claim to have done some defensive tweaks, but for 2 seasons now (both playing simulation and human) it leaks goals like nothing I've ever seen.

As for the research, I did a game with Leeds (LL - but still decent side), Tottenham (good/medium side on FM) and then Valencia.All two seasons - simulated.

It's a very unstable tactic, and the results seem to fluctate a lot. It's most definately NOT a no-tweaking-at-all tactic.

I totally disagree, I dont find version 2 of this tactic defensively bad at all.

2nd season using it & my defensive record is the best in the league plus I'm scoring nearly 3 a game.

I've used the away version a few times against some of the stronger teams away from home but apart from that I'm not tweaking at all & my results are great.

Congratulations! for Kimz tactics, You allow to be my manager, no regrets for 12 years since we on university become manager with 18 hours on tactics everyday...DAMN!!you wife need managed too...with 1 nice shot baby this year...

Originally posted by Tristan_Nieve:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">MU

I'm confused with v2 tactic, haven't tried it yet, but...midfielders with such a long farrow, fullbacks with farrows to the midfield icon_confused.gif

Could you explain it a bite please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my tacticz are all out attack tacticz...

to score alot, we need alot of player at front.....so the ai defender will have no idea marking all attacker

the DM job is distracting then opp DL & DR, so the 3 AMC will have alot of space to score when the opp DL & DR marking our DM....

basicly v1 and v2 are same tactic... attacking and defending,

the different is....

on v1 DL/DR job to distract ai DL/DR to mark them

on v2 the DM do

on v2 the DL/DR dont need go all the way to opp defending area so they wont out of position on counter attack

i agree with |maze| and heathxxx that my tactics are very unstable tactic....

but with right team talk and right players, the very unstable thing about this tactic will be minimized icon_wink.gif

hi kimz,

first i want to thank you that you release your tactic. when you and other wouldnt do that, i could forget playing fm.

to the tactic

i like to play with a team this is more weak and dont have money and i need to quali for the champions league to sign the loan players. with your tactic i did because in home games i am the boss, playing like superstars against touristic, but in away games i play a little bit optimistic for a low table team. not seldonly get 3-4 goals, but also get some surprising winnings what you can explain with this tactic.the problem with the connceding of goals are not because the offensive menatlity and are not results of a counter.there are enough defense there but just looking what they are doing.in my opinion in home games the player need less space to score.if i wouldnt be a noob i would make a nice defend counter tactic for away based on your v1 but not a simple mind how to do.when i played champions league i lost much but thats normal with a small team without changing but the morale is down and i was struggling in the league too cause there are not self confident.

if you do another tactic i would beg to yoou that you make a solid tactic for a good defense for away games.

may you intrest

i think version 1 is better for smaller teams but only a home tactic. version 2 when you have no respect about the football skillz of your opponent.

if i use your recommended opposition instructions i lost every game, only i didnt do anything i had great succes maybe that can help someone

The best advice in preventing goals and making the tactic more solid is to watch the match and work out why you are conceeding goals. In my games my FB were out of position and vunerable to attacks down the wing therefore removed farrows of FB. I was also vunerable to balls over the top due to my slow CBs (as you have probaly gathered I am Playing with a rubbish team) therefore dropped the D line a couple of notches. I was also putting my self under pressure by losing position by the long ball straight to their defenders- so changed to short quick passing. As a result on a 8 game unbeaten run. conceeding on average about one goal a game and scoring 3.As said previously its not a plug and play tactic but with a bit of effort its good basis for one.

Also I find that if in front by 2 goals i remove the farrows off the 2 DM as i am not intrested in scoring more goals just defending.

Hi Kim and other FM managers...

I was wondering if anyone has had sucess adapting this tactic to lower league teams in Div 3 or conferance?

I tried with Cambridge and Dag & Redbridge with crap resultd but I fear its my ability rather that this ace tactic everyone else keeps raving about.

If you have made it work was it through buying more suitable players, tweaking team or indervidual instructions, etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by serek:

What "away version", did I miss something? icon_redface.gif

no you didnt....

btw should i create an away version ??? icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes please.

Although, I'm using v1 for home games and v2 for away days, Im Dundalk in the Irish First Division, 10 Games in, Won 5 Draw 5 Lost 0. Its working good if only I could stop drawing games but at least I'm unbeaten,

I wish I could afford good defenders then I'm sure I would be flying away with the league, Time will tell.

Originally posted by dickotheman:

The best advice in preventing goals and making the tactic more solid is to watch the match and work out why you are conceeding goals. In my games my FB were out of position and vunerable to attacks down the wing therefore removed farrows of FB. I was also vunerable to balls over the top due to my slow CBs (as you have probaly gathered I am Playing with a rubbish team) therefore dropped the D line a couple of notches. I was also putting my self under pressure by losing position by the long ball straight to their defenders- so changed to short quick passing.

i tried this as i conceded 70 odd goals in my first season woth boro (although i scored 90 and came 4th)

it works a blumming treat i just wish i could go back and play my first season over again

thanks for the advice cos it's helped my alot

Originally posted by Deano1981:

Hi Kim and other FM managers...

I was wondering if anyone has had sucess adapting this tactic to lower league teams in Div 3 or conferance?

I tried with Cambridge and Dag & Redbridge with crap resultd but I fear its my ability rather that this ace tactic everyone else keeps raving about.

If you have made it work was it through buying more suitable players, tweaking team or indervidual instructions, etc.

deano im mk dons wanted a challenge and i bough geoff horsfield and frank songo partly cus im an swfc fan but it dus work sign leon knight from mk dons scores goals for fun

I played Version 1 of this tactic last night versus chelsea at home (I'm Liverpool). I won 4-1! and I could have scored more but for having crouch up front, after 60 minutes I decided to use Torres, and he scored 2 goals as the Chelsea defenders were swamped with our players it left Torres with his pace to beat them easily! The downside of this tactic was that we had a lower possession than them, but I suppose its what you do with it that counts. I don't think I'll be using this tactic all the time, as I like to alternate tactics, and also I don't know how good/bad it is away from home but will probably find this out in the next few days. Also, as with any tactic it depends upon your personnel, but that's football for you!

I have used the 1st tactic with Arsenal for about 1 1/2 seasons, mainly because I prefered the look of the tactic compared to version 2. I won the league, FA Cup and Champs League in the 1st season. I lost a few games which I blame myself for tinkering with my line up too much.

I am currently on a 48 game unbeaten run whis started just over half through the 1st season.

I have made slight adjust meant to the tatic by giving more creative freedom to the AM. I have also adjusted the corners.

I only use the OI for the wide players and any AM's. I also put HArd tackling and closing down on any plyers struggling for fitness.

just beat chealsea at the bridge 4-1 torrs got all of them could have been alot more but cech was on form even though he conceded 4!!!

i'm using version 2 but i've taken the farrows on the fullbacks and droppped the defencive line down about 3 notches

it really works i had been having trouble conceding but i think this is gonna do the trick

Originally posted by Mr Hough:
Originally posted by dickotheman:

The best advice in preventing goals and making the tactic more solid is to watch the match and work out why you are conceeding goals. In my games my FB were out of position and vunerable to attacks down the wing therefore removed farrows of FB. I was also vunerable to balls over the top due to my slow CBs (as you have probaly gathered I am Playing with a rubbish team) therefore dropped the D line a couple of notches. I was also putting my self under pressure by losing position by the long ball straight to their defenders- so changed to short quick passing.

i tried this as i conceded 70 odd goals in my first season woth boro (although i scored 90 and came 4th)

it works a blumming treat i just wish i could go back and play my first season over again

thanks for the advice cos it's helped my alot

Glad it helped.

On a previous tactic i scored 20 goals in 20 games from corners, i stopped using this tactic as it was the only way i could score, however i seem to get very few corners with this tactic. Does everyone else find this or is there a way of getting corners?

Wow finally a tactic without tweak.

Interesting use of arrows on this one. If my knowledge of arrows are not wrong, this tactic is effectively a 2-3-5 with the ball and 4-2-3-1 without. In a nutshell, combines both attack and defense in one tactic, without having to tweak. Brilliant.

This tactic will pave the way for other tweakless tactics using arrows. Note that the arrows will probably not work in versions prior to 802 cos they will probably drain the DMs too much but I think the patch seemed to have improve player losing condition in games.

Archived