kimz 8.0.2 tactic WITH NO TWEAK AT ALL!!! the best tactic for fm08??? RATE IT!!!

Which version do you like most ?  

1,003 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like most ?

Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Che1974:

With some collective tweaks this could be an awesome tactic. So reducing the AMC mentality might help. Also what about full backs on mixed forward runs, and the settings for the CBs i.e marking and closing down? Come on people we can do this!

we need to make the ST get more goals some how </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry wrong topic

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's well known that I'm a big fan of FM08.

It's also well known that when it comes to building tactics and/or even having a remotely successful team that I SUCK.

I've downloaded tactics from this forum a number of times and couldn't understand why people said they were good because for some reason, even with other peoples tactics, I still sucked.

Anyway, I downloaded this tactic yesterday, with a little bit (read:lots) of doubt and decided to give it a whirl.

So far, in about 10 games, I've only conceded one goal (despite the gung-ho look to the tactic and formation) and scored goals by the bucketload.

I'm managing Liverpool (again) and we're playing some superlative football for once under my tenure, including some big-scoring victories.

I added only Rafael Van Der Vaart to play in AM with Gerrard and Babel, Torres up front.

So far, so very very good.

I hope it lasts, because at the minute this single tactic is reinforcing my love for this great game.

Ok, I never built it which is sort of cheating but this is how I've justified it to myself:

FM08's Ass Man is simply an Ass, so I've drafted in another Ass man to help with tactics: Kimz

Thank you indeed. icon14.gificon14.gif

I thought i'd give it a try.

won all my games.

Reading 4-0

Bolton 2-0

then had Lpool in FA cup, i thought i unclick arrow of AMC and MR beat them 4-0

Happy days

Start following with my edited version, 2-0 down after 20min, revert to default won 4-3 against Chelsea.

Then i thought i'd give it half and half against Lpool in league

1st half my edited version winning 1-0 half time, then default for 2nd half ended up winning 4-1.

He's right "NO TWEAK AT ALL".

Credit to kimz for understanding the importance of having as meny players as possible in the opponents area when your team attack.

This is the key to break up the AI defence. It looks like there is a "bug" when you overload the area - the AI cant(bug?)/dont(bad tactical knowledge?) take care of all your players so there is always someone free.

I don't like other tactics,always want to have my ownicon_smile.gifbut i try tactics which have luck on fm,to see what others players can do...

And i must say kimz!Its amazing tactic,its working with hearts,or valencia,different leagues and different styles,if low players are scoring goals to celtic if valencia beats barcelona 4-2 without much effort,so i have nothing to say!!!icon_smile.gifBut i wont my own...icon_smile.gif)

One problem about this tactic is that it gives too much ball possession to opponent.

H Milan vs Inter: Win 6-1

H Milan vs Everton: Win 4-0

A Milan vs Torino: Win 5-1 (ball possession 38%)

H Milan vs Palermo: Win 3-1

H Italy vs Cameroon: Draw 2-2 (being scored first, then being equalized, ball possession 45%)

A Italy vs Germany: Win 3-2

H Milan vs B.Munich: Draw 1-1 (ball possession 40%)

A Milan vs Fiorentina: Draw 3-3 (Scored 3-0 before HT, ball possession 43%)

Those matches I didn't give details about ball possession are all above 50%. You can see here the danger of losing ball possession to an opponent who has strong attacking force. In the match against Fiorentina, they scored 3 goals in 10minutes thanks to their good ball possession during 2nd half. I used my 2nd team against them, but I am in 2014 and having a very high quality squad.

This is the first tactic I've been using besides mine and I must say that it work very well. The strong point of the tactic is that it exploits very well spaces in opponent defence with use of 3 AMC and 1 FC. This one comes in a very good time that I'm having an AMC surplus icon_wink.gif

Thanks !

after tweaking every area.... finally this is my ver 2...

still sharp at front, but now strong in defending....of course need NO TWEAK AT ALL icon_wink.gif

better than ver 1??? just try it.... and RATE IT!!! icon_biggrin.gif

use the same opp instruction as v1 for this tactic

here we are ...

Kimz_8.0.2_No_Tweaking_v2.tac

or Kimz_8.0.2_No_Tweaking_v2.tac

hope you enjoy it... and dont forget, please give me feedback. icon14.gif

Good work Kimz for giving us V.2 of the tactic so fast! icon14.gif

I was just wondering if you could help give us some hints on which type of players to use for each position, since there are now many more arrows in this new version. I asked this in particular because my Assistant Manager had recommended to use a FW in the DM spots in front of the defenders now, is this correct?

I've now played for a couple games and continue to enjoy a lot of shots on goal with less shots against from the AI. This tactic does a really wonderful job to confuse AI and always leave open space for either our left/right AMC or ST unmarked to make many shots on goal! Basically win by a +3 goal margin every game!

Guest CheeBye

Hi

I cant seem to download ypur new tactics due to some IP restrictions, could you upload it to some other sites? Thanks

PS your tactics rocks!!!

Great update! letting in significantly less goals now icon_smile.gif One problem however is that I keep getting sent off in matches against significantly stronger teams. This causes me to even though 2-0 up. be one man less, causing the fast opposition to tear a hole in my team, as one piece seems to be missing. Any way to make my players stop fouling despite having tackle hard set?

From my experience so far:

Away you could easily be overplayed if you are a half-decent side such as newcastle or derby.

Here I find short-passing to work much better than mixed.

results so far:

Newcastle - Chelsea : 1-1

Derby - Newcastle : 0-4

Newcastle - Pompey: 3-1

So far I'm convinced icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Starr_Man5:

It's well known that I'm a big fan of FM08.

It's also well known that when it comes to building tactics and/or even having a remotely successful team that I SUCK.

I've downloaded tactics from this forum a number of times and couldn't understand why people said they were good because for some reason, even with other peoples tactics, I still sucked.

Anyway, I downloaded this tactic yesterday, with a little bit (read:lots) of doubt and decided to give it a whirl.

So far, in about 10 games, I've only conceded one goal (despite the gung-ho look to the tactic and formation) and scored goals by the bucketload.

I'm managing Liverpool (again) and we're playing some superlative football for once under my tenure, including some big-scoring victories.

I added only Rafael Van Der Vaart to play in AM with Gerrard and Babel, Torres up front.

So far, so very very good.

I hope it lasts, because at the minute this single tactic is reinforcing my love for this great game.

Ok, I never built it which is sort of cheating but this is how I've justified it to myself:

FM08's Ass Man is simply an Ass, so I've drafted in another Ass man to help with tactics: Kimz

Thank you indeed. icon14.gificon14.gif

I take it all back.

My last three Premiership games:

Arsenal (H) Lost 2-3

Man Utd (A) Lost 1-3

Chelsea (H) Lost 1-3

So I've quit again with Liverpool.

All I want is to beat one of my so-called "Fierce Rivals" on any FM (It's never happened yet).

My heart is broken again, and the search goes on... icon_frown.gif

8.0.2 is quite good. I've got some great results in Home games (including a 7:2 win against one of the better teams in the league), but it's kinda struggling Away.. for the whole season I have won 2, tied 7 and lost 6 games away (7-5-3 home). My team is Gornik Zabrze, polish league (crap team), none transfers.

Wow, version2 looks to be really happening.

Some really mad farrows there.

The farrows on the fullbacks to midfield is inspired, the supporting positions they provide while attacking & overloading the oppositions box is excellent.

The AI cant handle this tactic now.

Early days in my little test but my 1st game an away win at Arsenal 4-1 was highly impressive.

Not only was the win comfortable against a better side but I dominated in all aspects of the game.

Makoun is doing excellent for me, scoring a lot of goals. I have a problem with corners and Van der Vaart though.

After he was voted player of the year he's been lousy. All his corners are far from on target, and when he shoots he usually misses. Plus he doesn't get the chance to score too much.

Also, is there a way to adjust this tactic to fit Michael Owen more? Sometimes he does great and scores a hatrick, usually in Home matches, but in away matches he's no good at all. Got creamed 4-1 against Man Utd away. owen got 5, martins got 5 and Beye got 5.

Wonder if I'm placing Van der Vaart in the wrong position, and if corners have been reduced in efficincy with this new tactic, as samba, who scored 1 a match before, has gone without a goal ever since I changed to this verison (his heading is 19 and his jumping is 20)

Is the left position still the right place to play your best attacking midfielder? I have VDV on the left and Guilherme on the right. Guilherme was voted best youngster with this tactic.

And forgot to say.abidol sored his 8 goal in 13 games in primera divisione,and now he is 5th is sore table,he is unsopeble then he is challenging goalkeeper taking corners. He sored hies first hattrick with barsa at home,and i won 4-2icon_smile.gif))chaBUG!!!!Thank u KIMZ

I think this is definately the best tactic so far!, after struggling with Leeds in the prem in my 2nd season, i'm now on a 9 game win streak after switching to this tactic, and beat chelski 3-1 in my first game!.

Great tactic, especially good at getting goals from corners!

LUFU top of the prem once again!

good tactic, apart from sometimes against the big clubs like real madrid it doesnt work too good. I am losing 5-2 to Madrid at Barcelona, but i am top of the league and 5 points clear so far in my first season.

had some great results with version 2 of this tactic but just played arsenal at home lost 3-0 although i dominated the game and hit everywhere apart from the back of the net i'm liverpool with no new signings btw i'm using the opposition instructions aswell are these any good? does anyone else follow them or just play the game without opposition instruction?

I'm Arsenal.

I used version 1 in season 4. I won the quadruple.

I won 36, drew 1, lost 1 in the league.

I'm currently on a 56 match unbeaten run. I won 32 games in a row.

Great tactic man icon14.gificon14.gif

I might give version 2 a go, though it seems quite wierd to have DMs on the wings, and fullbacks in MC.

It seems to work ok for me although Valencia did beat me 5-2 when I played them at the Mestalla.

Other than that it has worked great and I feel guilty about using it.

I'm going to donate money to a childrens charity to make up for it.

Originally posted by teeyougee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SkeeterP:

This tactic seems to hate away days. Playing with Villa and the record is:

1:0 win at home

3:1 loss away

5:1 win at home

3:2 loss away

Which tactic doesn't hate away days? ;p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point, good point. Still, it's a wee bit frustrating!

IMO the oppo instructions are key to not conceding.

Watch the formation screen, when the other side switches their wingers around you'll have to change the show onto foot side otherwise you'll be counter productive.

Watch the formation screen, when the other side switches their wingers around you'll have to change the show onto foot side otherwise you'll be counter productive.

I always show them onto their weakest foot. Is this not better? i.e. it wouldn't be wise to show Joe Cole onto his right foot when he plays on the left wing.

Does everyone leave the creative freedom of th players at 0 notches? I have players like Fabregas, Iniesta, Messi etc so I usually set theirs high, and Adebayors at the middle. Is it bes to leave it at little creative freedom?

Also, is anyne using a targetman and playmaker? I use Adebayor as TM and Fabregas as PM. Is it best to not use them?

Still winning loads with version 2, but defensively I have become ...WORSE...especially away from home (which I cannot win now, whereas I was amazing away with version 1) am going to try a few games home with version 2 and switching to version 1 away.

My defence all have good stats, and I have Enyeama in goal I think the poor clean sheet ratio and goals conceeded is more to do with patch 8.0.2 than who you have in goal to be honest.

Archived