Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

I know there is already an Eastern European Challenge, but I have a huge idea that I am working on fattening out into a challenge. I have always noticed there is an extreme lack of challenges where we are encouraged to move clubs, and it seems the ones where we are encouraged to move seem to die off pretty quickly. The basic idea of my challenge is me building up an idea from the FMS Challenge Here. And then running it into my own challenge, with the ideas being slightly different. Now I think its probably going to mean running a minimum of 7 Countries and probably at least 13 Leagues.

Would people prefer more choice in where they go and who they can play as or would it be better if it was stuck down to a particular path? I just am trying to build the idea and I have several possible options.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest roberto922

I think the main reason that challenges that involve multiple nations usually fail is because theres still a hell of a lot of people who either can't play with that many leagues or it runs very slowly on their system. Also people tend to get attached to clubs after their first season there so it's a tough egg to crack.

I had a sneaky suspicion those might be the reasons behind it roberto, hmmm so then the possibilities is whether I try to make the whole story within one nation and a single club or whether I still go with my current idea and see how I can keep people interested by possibly the main job being a national job and there secondary jobs being at clubs to try and get a lead in...

Guest roberto922

Well you could try with your first idea, the great thing about creating challenges is that, unless it's tournament based, you don't need to work your arse off to no audience if it fails

Yeah that is true, I could always set it up so that if someone wanted to they could always play it as a series of small challenges, it just might make it a bit easier for them, and anyway I guess the more options I give the better chance someone might like it, of course its the creating and story art of it I am going to enjoy :)

Of course then again i could go for a USSR Super League style competition instead and have the challenge based in there. So many possible options available, considering I have just loaded the game on my computer and it does seem a little slow, though that could be cause I have plenty of other things running as well, going to close other programs and see how it runs then haha.

Actually Paul you know that is almost a stunning idea :) It might take a while to build the League up, but once it was done the results would be just amazing...hmmm it sounds almost completely plausable

Basing it in England would be best as there are numerous leagues downwards. Another option that might work is replacing Italy, and then the Italian teams would be all over Eastern Europe...hmmm I might look into that idea a bit deeper.

ok 1200 posts up :p

When you swap teams now it automatically swaps their nation/league/last position, it's a lot easier.

Sounds good by the way, the only downside would be that English teams are scattered across other countries. Would make trying to win the Champions League interesting ;)

I know it is possible to add an extra country actually into Europe, by taking one from somewhere else, so it would be possible to for example bring an extra league into Europe...maybe Argentina or Brazil, make that League have the English teams and then move the USSR teams into England :) The South American teams would then be scattered though :p

Actually Paul you know that is almost a stunning idea :) It might take a while to build the League up, but once it was done the results would be just amazing...hmmm it sounds almost completely plausable

Basing it in England would be best as there are numerous leagues downwards. Another option that might work is replacing Italy, and then the Italian teams would be all over Eastern Europe...hmmm I might look into that idea a bit deeper.

ok 1200 posts up :p

If you want a USSR league, you might want to try the Editors forum - I know various attempts have been made at this over the years so you might find something (though probably wouldn't be for the latest patch).

Also really like the idea of dafuge's challenge in a USSR league. Sort of a Gundo challenge special so to speak! :D

Okay after about 15 minutes of thinking I have decided I am not going to run a sign up at all anymore.

Instead I have decided to makie an experiment on team talks and whether they make a lot of difference or not. I was thinking I could just take over a team (Liverpool for example), I would save the game before every game and then Play the same match several times, using different team talks, but keeping the same team.

Obviously the results may be affected by what happens in the game (Injuries and stuff like that) but if I do this for a whole season, I may finally get an answer of which team talk to select in a game.

Ok, I found a world superleague and downloading it now. :)

FM09 A New World Challenge/Signup/Experiment

Objective: 23 super footballers created by Welsh scientists (yes Wales won), at the cost of every Welsh player (only 1st nationality. Players with Welsh as second nationality are allowed to survive) being wiped out from Earth. Each player is fighting for a common team cause, but winning individual accolades will also result in a 5CA increase.

Every player will be able to choose a club based in the Blue Square North and South divisions TBD.

Challenge: Each player is fighting for individual accolades. The best defender (which includes goalkeepers), midfielder, and forward will be rewarded.

Signup: It's a signup hehe.

Experiment: Who is the best team in the world?

roberto, please add a bit more. :D

And the link to the superleague is here

Who remembers Chas (Psyatika)? I do \o.! He ran a team talk experiment back in November last year and it is in that that you will find the answer Ridleys :thup:. Then you can 'Give it a Google'.

Downloaded it and don't understand any of it at all :D

It's also only a trial version and the full version costs a ridiculous £100 or something.

I'll just do it without using it.

Ok, I'm reserving some spots for my signup now:

FM09 A New World Signup

GK -

GK -

GK -

GK -

DL -

DL -

DC -

DC -

DR -

DR -

Other Defender -

Midfielder -

Midfielder -

Midfielder -

Midfielder -

Midfielder -

Midfielder -

Midfielder -

Striker/Forward -

Striker/Forward -

Striker/Forward -

Striker/Forward -

Striker/Forward -

Striker/Forward -

Striker/Forward -

FM09 A New World Signup

GK -

GK -

GK -

GK -

DL -

DL -

DC -

DC -

DR -

DR -

Other Defender -

Midfielder -

Midfielder -

Midfielder -

Midfielder -

Midfielder -

Midfielder -

Midfielder -

Striker/Forward -

Striker/Forward -

Striker/Forward -

Striker/Forward -

Striker - reserved for JSalter

Striker - reserved for Whoopy D

Striker - reserved for PaulHartman71

spot TBD reserved for fergysafc

Please note that you will lose your spot if you don't sign up within 48 hours after I put the signup up.

I am limiting the reservation spots to SIX people.

I'm sure we agreed somewhere that people shouldn't be allowed to reserve spots for signups anymore :thdn:

We didn't really agree anything but it was raised in the Social Group and it was said that it wasn't a good idea. I've PMed dafuge about it in the past and if it becomes a real problem it should be stopped.

So I am working on the Soviet Union small Club to big club challenge and found that in League swaps changing the competition country and changing the nations of the clubs means that the fixtures list never shows up, so I am fiddling around now, and seeing what other options I can come up with, it may be that I have all the clubs with their original nations playing in a Soviet League ;) I am also looking at the possibility of adding other nations to this challenge and database, for examples Ceczhlovakia (sp), Yugoslavia, Great Britain and any other broken countries we can think of, it could make it have a wider scope and then I would probably call it "Des Tiny's Amalgamated Europe Challenge" or something similar...come up with that later.

Ok I have managed to work out a method for my League switches that works and has no fixture issues, but my next question is as follows. I have asked in the Editor Forum, but thought I should see if anyone here knows.

I know that it is possible to get a Macro program to do this, but is there any way using the editor to change for example the Nationalities of EVERY player in the database? I am working on a huge mission of setting up the nations around Europe differently, so that there are a series of old nations back fighting for Europe, eg USSR, Yugoslavia, Great Britain (as a whole), Czechslovakia, and others, is this possible or would it mean having to individually edit every player in the database one at a time.

Also if anyone knows any way of doing this could they please suggest it, even if it means a progam download.

Guest roberto922

No it was agreed that it's a bad thing if theres a limited number of vailable spaces, I'm not sure what this one comes under though tbh.

No it was agreed that it's a bad thing if theres a limited number of vailable spaces, I'm not sure what this one comes under though tbh.

It's all good roberto, the signup is doing well so far, and everyone who reserved their spot got them quickly. :)

Anyways the db. :)

Superleague db

Now it's time to start deleting every Welsh player! :D

Well guys I have realised that I have a huge mission ahead of me even to just make a Soviet Database, but I have realised that if I work on it right its actually not that much more of a step upwards to include the other nations I want to have in the database. So I am going to make the following Nations exist once more. And attempt to make the ones included within these super nations cease to exist.

Soviet Union (will replace Italy)

United Kingdom (will replace England)

Yugoslavia (will replace Serbia or Croatia - whichever has the biggest league)

Czechslovakia (will replace Czech Rep. or Slovakia - as above)

West Germany (will replace Germany)

East Germany (will replace Spain)

Germany, Italy and Spain will have their leagues moved to most likely Scotland, Russia & Ukraine, which will be no longer needed following the changes. No ideas yet as to how I will fill the other empty leagues and how I will manage their qualification into Europe or any other problems as I have to figure out how to replace playable leagues in Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, and two of Croatia, Serbia, Slovakia, Czech Republic.

So asking for ideas on any other leagues people would like to be made playable for this Challenge, possibly would be good if they fit with splits or joins as a way of doing it, but if not I will just find a work around, it may take the form of inclusion of some non-european states into europe, who that would be we will see, but it could add to a storyline for my big write-ups. So ideas of nations to move into this challenge would be great.

I am also going to do my best to try and make DDT files for all of the nations I make available so that clubs start with players.

I'm sure we agreed somewhere that people shouldn't be allowed to reserve spots for signups anymore :thdn:

There's no strict rules on it, but I'm not keen on the idea about people reserving spots for people for the sake of it.

Perhaps if someone who has contributed to your thread is going to be away from the forums and physically cannot sign up in time, fair enough, but I don't think it should become the norm.

I think a better way around it if you want certain people to sign up is to let them know what time the sign up thread is going up, so they can get in fast at the same time as everyone else.

As you can see here, one major problem with reserving spots is the striker places get taken before the thread goes live. These are usually the best places in a story since scoring goals usually gives you more to write about, if these places are always taken it means new people to the forum are always going to have the left overs.

I agree with Dafuge on this one, I never take a striker spot. I just find more skill in building a class defender or midfielder. But he is right the best spots end up being gone before you even start. If somebody gives you the idea or has helped out go for it, but other than that I think tough bikkies, be here when it goes live, too late you lose.

Most sign-ups take 24 hours at least to fill up, and think about it all of you have a pretty good advantage over me anyway, most sign-ups are posted in British Evening, early morning for me here in NZ. I would absolutely vote for no reserving spots...