• Created
  • Last Reply

Version 0.4 is here!

v0.4 Changelist:

- Added new 'shiny' logos.

- Included created logos for two clubs based on poor quality real images

- Added facepacks for the 'big three' - Omonoia, APOEL, Anorthosis

- (Possibly) Fixed awards*

- Fixed Dobrasinovic's nationality (to declared for Cyprus)

- Added Omonoia youth prospect Theodosis Kyprou to the DB

- Removed Aguirre and La Cruz from their contracts at Omonoia as in reality

- Minor other fixes/changes

*Are some issues regarding problems occuring under unknown cirmcumstances. Seem largely fixed however and any issues are very minor.

Tested considerably. Date unknown but a number of years both played and holidayed.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/b0lg3w

-------

Thanks to The Guy From The Sunny Place and Candre168 for information and advice.

If there are still issues with awards, I shall start them from scratch!

Please report any bugs/issues. :)

How's this for a strange problem. I created a player and put him as starting with no club and when I started a game it put him as a referee despite being fine on my previous saves. After some trial and error I've found it was the Cyprus XML. Updated to v0.4 now and he's still a player thankfully but instead of being a striker he's now a goalie and starting the game at Achyronas Liopetri, having apparently signed just six days before the ingame start date. Have you come across this problem?

Yeaa, guess since it's the first time it's been done this way there will be glitches as different XML files made be different people are used together. Still it's not too much of a problem, at least it doesn't make the player a ref any more :D

Good work on this by the way :)

One thing I'm planning to address in the future is the fact that there are often large gaps between fixtures, up to a month in some cases (due to not being in cups, international breaks etc). I'm planning on making the season start later, end earlier, and on moving the cup to later in the season.

The issue stems from having the real dates but having fewer fixtures (due to not being able to accurately represent the league structure).

Nothing major, but I thought I'd address this issue here.

^ Yeap, that is very important. Also, since the current transfer preferences have not been done properly by the original researchers, the next version should include updated and more realistic transfer preferences. I think Portugal HAS TO BE up there in the top 3, with Brazil up there. Georgia can be lowered (Ketsbaia doesn't work in Cyprus any more), and places like Iran should be given minor knowledge. I'll be making some tweaks and testing them from now on.

As I'm not planning on making the fifth tier playable, I am simply having one league representing S.T.O.K. which teams will be relegated to/promoted from.

I have found about 50 teams so far that I could add. Essentially the Nicosia region teams, and those that have been in the fourth tier recently. :)

So basically you want someone like me(who speaks Greek) to browse the web for amateur Cypriot teams and their squad lists? Tell me which teams you want, or how many teams of which division and I'll try to help. I won't guarantee quick results as I dont have much time to spare

At the moment I'm just looking for the names of the clubs in a number of the federations of the rural leagues. Tbh I doubt much is out there, regardless of the language.

According to my sources, there are 12 federations and 261 active clubs. These federation, followed by the number of clubs within, are:

ΑΟΚΝΕΛ/AOKNEL 25

ΑΠΟΕΣΠ/APOESP 7

ΕΠΕΛ/EPEL 20

ΕΠΟΛ/EPOL 38

ΕΠΟΠΛ/EPOPL 39

ΟΠΝ ΣΕΚ/OPN TEC 15

ΠΑΑΟΚ/PAAOK 33

ΠΑΟ/PAO 8

ΠΟΑΛ/POAL 10

ΠΟΑΣΠ/POASP 12

ΠΟΕΛ/POEL 41

ΠΟΕΠΑ/POEPA 14

So far I've found the ones in bold. The POEL teams for this season and the EPOPL for last. They however have slightly differing numbers, so I'm assuming these figures are from a season or more ago.

It's not a big deal finding them though, as it's nigh on impossible that I could ever add the S.T.O.K into FM. However, if I have all the clubs.. :p

So far I have added 10-15 clubs from various regional leagues into FM and into an inactive league so they can be promoted into D Division. These will be in v0.5 of the update, which I hope to release in the coming days. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting eagerly for the next update Hershie. Could the issue with many fixtures being clustered together be improved by changing the priorities for champions league etc fixtures option in the editor? I played around with the editor when the game first came out and I tried creating my own version of the Cypriot league, and then your version came out and just started playing that due to the extensive amount of work you put into it making it far superior to my shoddy attempt.

25141629.png

Version 0.5 is finally here!

v0.5 Changelist:

- Re-did logos, added new/improved ones where available.

- Added relegation from D Division - created a basic pool of a few teams currently in STOK below D Division as an inactive league.

- Improved transfer preferences

- Attempted to improve fixture scheduling

- Moved Coca Cola Cup games to Wednesdays

- Minor other fixes/changes

Tested considerably.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/up3cwb - with graphics

http://www.sendspace.com/file/em3s0k - XML only

-------

Thanks to The Guy From The Sunny Place and Candre168 for information and advice as usual, and extra thanks to Candre for the help with transfer preferences.

Please report any bugs/issues. :)

Hi. I just downloaded the new database, clicked new game and got the following message: could not process rule group settings in editor data/cyprus.xml Cypriot Coca Cola C & D Division Cup - Too many teams (15) requested from Cypriot D Division (14 teams). When I then click on OK, I can start a new game but the Cypriot league is not selectable. The message makes sense, and I guess its easily fixable?

How strange! I downloaded and installed the first new link you suggested after you said it worked fine for you. Started new game, and it loaded up fine with the Cypriot league available. I then closed down and went into the editor as I changed a couple of competition names to the real ones and also added the "m" in Konstandinos CharalaMbidis and Illias CharalaMbous as for some reason the researcher/SI has decided to omit the M in most Greek Cypriot names of people in game, I merged the changes, saved the editor and then went to load up the database and again got this strange warning about the number of teams in Cypriot cup. In your last update, I changed the same things and didn't encounter this problem. Obviously my editing of some names in the editor is messing with your database. Any thoughts? ( I should mention that the first time I downloaded the database I also changed the names etc before loading up the database)

I'm loading your Cyprus Xml in the db, then editing, merging changes, and saving. Its exactly the same process I did with a previous version of your update, and the db worked fine. For some bizarre reason now, when I make the same changes I get this nonsense message about number of teams in the cup. If you've got a spare two minutes is there any chance you can change the comp names (english premier division, league cup, euro cup, european champions cup and re-upload a new version? Regarding the spelling of Greek Cypriot names, si (no doubt on the advice of a researcher) omit the "m" in most (but strangely not all) names that start "Chara" such as Charalambidis at Apoel and Charalambous at Omonoia. There are obviously quite a few people in the game with "Chara" at the start of their surname, but I only changed two mentioned above is they are the most high profile players in the league and Cypriot internationals

Sorted! I have no idea why I was merging the data before saving, I think I had it in my head that I needed to merge database changes before saving. I just re-downloaded, loaded editor, made changes, and saved the db. Started a new game and bingo! It seems this whole futile merging process was messing with your db. Apologies for wasting your time and many thanks for solving the problem.

I've just checked out the fixture schedule and it seems far better now.

Weird issue seems to have occured with teams being removed from divisions when updating on 10.2 patch db. I added a venue for the super cup and somehow a few teams were removed from C/D divisions once I'd saved. Added them back and it seems to work now, but no idea what caused it.

Working for everyone on 10.2?

^ Yes, also for people who play in Portugal or Greece or something it's got a lot of those nationalities.

The new version should include a few tweaks to make this just perfect. Also after the transfer period there should be another update to include any major transfers.

Hershie's done a great job :thup:

:) ta.

Yeah, I'll save the next update until after 10.3 probably. There are a number of transfers (Ivan Campo to AEK etc) which will probably be added to the next official DB, but I'll check for others at the time, as the Cyprus research in recent times has been less than perfect.

Other tweaks include reputation, league standard, transfer preferences, managers/staff, etc. :)

Can anyone help me because i have no idea how to download this. Everytime I've downloaded it, it comes as a zipped file and i have no idea what im doing. I've followed the read me files and put the folders in the right places but nothing seems to happen and it doesnt let me start a season with the league. any help is much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. Something new coming soon.

Delays due to PC problems and other commitments.

I have to admit to a cock up. The logo that I thought to be for Olympos Xylofagou turned out to be me misinterpreting a website, and it actually was a poor quality image of the Cercle Brugge badge. :o :o I have now however found the correct badge, albeit in poor quality (brown/white) opposed to coloured. Found a few other missing badges in similar quality, so all 4 divisions are now at least complete in some form.

1) Aspis Pylas is green and white, and since the only picture I could find is against a team that also wears green and white, I would guess that their away colours is an all blue kit, based on that particular game.

2) Olympos Xylofagou is white and green(same as above, but white is the primary colour I guess)

3) Ethnikos Latsion is blue and white

Find these details on Greek language wikipedia ;)

Archived