[WIP] Hershie's Cypriot League Update - Top four divisions + Cups

Hershie

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure something's gone wrong somewhere; I'll take a look later on! It's not a big issue, just a bemusing and slightly annoying one.

Also, does anyone know how the yellow cards = ban system works in Cyprus? I have it as a ban per 4 yellows but I doubt it's right.

Firstly, congrats on a great addition. I downloaded the latest version a week or two ago (before the graphics update) and am playing as APOEL.

I lived in Cyprus for 5yrs in the 80s as a child and they were actually the first football team I ever watched live and I've always had a soft spot for them.

In my game save, approaching Xmas in the first season we are top of the league and unbeaten, qualified for the CL group stages although sadly finished bottom of our group with 3 draws and 3 defeats, and generally doing really well.

However, we have plenty of suspension problems. In your post I've quoted (and I've gone through the whole thread and not found anything different) you've said it's set at a ban per 4 yellows but it's not. It's set as one match ban after TWO yellow cards and one match ban for EVERY ADDITIONAL YELLOW!!.

It's already blighted our season and we aren't even halfway through it yet. We currently have one player suspended and no less than another TWENTY just one card away from a suspension.

This surely can't be right.

Another question.........

If I now download the newest version with graphics, I noticed you mentioned earlier that you should delete the old .xml file and replace it with this new one but how would that affect my saved game using the previous non-graphic 0.6 version?

Thanks

Having gone into the editor myself to take a look, it would appear that when creating this version you forgot to change the preset Disciplinary Rules settings from a ban after just two yellow cards and a subsequent ban for every yellow after that.

It won't allow me to change it myself so I'm hoping that the newer graphics version has the correct settings or if not then you can hopefully upload it again with the right settings.

Not having a go by any means. I've been playing the game for many a year and have always wanted to manage APOEL and now, thanks to you, I can! :)

Another question.........

If I now download the newest version with graphics, I noticed you mentioned earlier that you should delete the old .xml file and replace it with this new one but how would that affect my saved game using the previous non-graphic 0.6 version?

Thanks

New file wouldn't make any difference on your save, nor should deleting the old one.

I'm playing a save started on 0.5 iirc. :thup:

Many thanks for the quick response and fix.

New version works but it does mean that I've had to start a new game for the new disciplinary procedure to kick in. Couldn't really continue as it was due to the high number of suspensions.

Not to worry though as we weren't even halfway through the first season so not much time lost.

Thanks again.

andreaslabrouinitial.png

andreaslabroureport.png

andreaslabroupotentialp.jpg

andreaslabrougeniesrepo.jpg

This 16yo GK was already in my youth squad at the start.

All the rest are pretty poor but for some reason Labrou has come out as a superb player, especially for a club like ours!

Potential rating according to Genie Scout.

PA 190!!

As good as Carrizo and potential to be as good as Van Der Sar!!!

Before I restarted the game (due to the disciplinary issue) he was just an average youngster so this must be a one off really but I don't care!! lol

apoelfixtures.png

Our results so far.

Easy first CL qualifier but a really tough battle against Dinamo and then I thought we'd blown it v Copenhagen as we let a 3-0 lead slip

and let them get back to 3-3. We then retook the lead only for them to equalise again, this time deep into injury time.

But we were magnificent in the away leg to win 3-1.

Our group is indeed a group of death though :(

We've just been drawn against Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Rangers!! :eek:

I've been thinking that, even though I only made very minor changes, the Cypriot academies are still too good. I've seen loads of very very good Cypriots on my saves - in particular a number of great ones on my current save while I'm managing in Spain. I'll look into it.

Nice results. :thup:http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=190734 - my only successful Cyprus save to date.

I've purposely stayed away from this thread and this forum in general while I try to make some sort of progress with my dissertation, however I relented today to have a quick look at how this thread was progressing. I've installed the update, and firstly, great work with the kits. That must have taken you ages! I've had a quick look around the league, and it all looks good. ( I did go in and edit Charalambidis and the some of the more well known Charalambous' of Cypriot football, as for some bizarre reason SI and the researcher still persist to the miss the "m" out!)However, I'm not going to start a new game till my dissertation and exams are done with. I must stay strong!

So anyway, well done and much appreciation to you Hershie!

What about Marfin Laiki's Play-off..

Can you fix this?

Sadly not. :(

I could either have a play-off just for the title (with points not carrying over) or a single split after 28 games (rather than the 3x4+2 teams irl). Instead I've simply left it to finish after the first 'stage'.

I've requested the ability to implement this properly for FM11. :thup:

I don't think there are any. The current squads are very diverse. Might be some rules on youth players but I couldn't find anything. Nothing I could find on the CFA website, although I was using a translator and may have missed it.

I asked some cypriot guys and they said that there are rules about the foreign players. In squad registration maximum of 5 Non-EU players in Marfin Laiki League. Unfortunately, I dont know for the other divisions.. :(

Can you fix it in the next update?

I made a mistake. Only 5 foreign can be registered per squad for the season... like Greek SuperLeague.

sorry guys :p

That can't be right if you look at the number of foreign players. Non-EU maybe. :confused:

5 per matchday squad maybe?

Sorry for my english... I found all the rules for A,B,C,D Division !! :D

Marfin Laiki Championship : Maximum 5 Non-EU in Squad (If the team relegate to B Division, all contracts of Non-EU players will be terminated automatically!).

Maximum Squad Size : 26 Professional Players (included 9 homegrown players)

If there is not homegrown players the maximum number is 17

B,C,D Divisions : Maximum 0 Non-EU ! Only Cypriot and Europeans !

B Division:

Maximum of Professional Players 22yo or older : 16, included 8 homegrown(Cypriot) players

If there are not homegrown players the maximum number is 8

C Division :

Maximum of Professional Players 22yo or older : 10, included 6 homegrown(Cypriot) players

If there are not homegrown players the maximum number is 4

D Division :

Maximum of Professional Players : 4, included 2 homegrown(Cypriot) players

If there are not homegrown players the maximum number is 2

I was waiting for this to play a serius game... Please, can you include these info in .xml today?

Thanks for your patience...

Where did you get this information from?

I think there are some players without EU passports (known anyway) playing in lower divisions, eg. Kaondera, Corovic and Diawara at Digenis.

I don't know if it's possible to implement all the rules but I'll do what I can. I also don't quite know what you mean be the "If there is not homegrown players the maximum number is.." bit. Sorry. :o Also, homegrown from club, or just homegrown as in Cypriot?

A few things:

- it's not possible to limit the number of players on professional contracts, only the number of players in the squad. :( I know some teams have squads of greater than 26 players, but are they maybe forced to register 26 and loan the rest out?

- as it's not possible to differentiate on contract, the only things I'll really be able to do are homegrown minimums and non-EU quotas, but as the homegrown is dependent on the number of players on pro contracts I can't do that either. :(

All I can do is limit the number of non-EU and set limits on minimum homegrowns, but can't the rest. :(

Marfin Laiki:

- 26 players maximum

- At least 9 homegrowns

- Max. 5 non-EU

B, C, D:

- Max. 0 non-EU

Will that do? Can't do anything more than that. :( Really annoyingly I can't set squad registration for only age 22+.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fxliv7

Simple but working version of what I specified 2 posts ago. Will this do unless I find a way to fully implement the rest? :)

It's not perfect because I can't specify "only professional", or "over a certain age" so that really limits you using youngsters. I think it might be best to leave these rules out until I can find a way to properly implement them. Hopefully things will be better with FM11. :(

Only one I'll leave in any version I'll release now is the non-EU rules, and thanks very much for your help Diamantis. :thup:

Where did you get this information from?

I think there are some players without EU passports (known anyway) playing in lower divisions, eg. Kaondera, Corovic and Diawara at Digenis.

I don't know if it's possible to implement all the rules but I'll do what I can. I also don't quite know what you mean be the "If there is not homegrown players the maximum number is.." bit. Sorry. :o Also, homegrown from club, or just homegrown as in Cypriot?

I found all informations at www.cfa.com.cy and I translated them

Many thnx to Hershie !! :)

I will test it right now...

wait for my response ;) .........

VERY GOOD JOB BOY, CONGRATULATIONS !!!

The problem with it, as I've said, is that its limited to 26 players rather than 26+ youth. If I release another proper version it'll only have the non-EU rules, but I'll look into getting everything implemented in future.

:thup:

• 1 month later...

Newest will be the final one unless there's something urgent to fix or if I can work out how to correctly implement the league using the advanced editor tools.

Looking at doing the same for FM11 although hopefully having it ready and working much earlier.

Also would love to do the kits MUCH earlier so any new pictures (10/11 kits) will be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks hershie the best editor for cyprus league!! I think there are no mistakes!!! Finaly i can have a game with ael close to reality :)

and we hope for the same and even better work for the new fm...if you need any assistance i can help you mate!

Again thank you!

The only issue I can think of, is that squad registration comes before the end of the transfer deadline. Meaning, if you sign someone within the transfer deadline, the squad registration deadline may have already passed. However, this is not a major issue, because in the Italian Serie A in FM, they have this same issue.

Thanks BigBob and shilas. :)

I will be looking to implement the league as best possible (hopefully with the second stage working) for FM11, and am already looking to create any new kits that are released, with some help.

Would be grateful if anyone can let me know if they see any pictures of a new kit for any club in the Cypriot leagues. :)

firstseasontable200910.png

Been a bit busy and not had much time with moving house amongst other things.

Here's my first season though and it was quite close but we won the league in the end.

Was quite difficult because we brought a lot of players into the squad and it took them time to settle. I think next season will be much easier.

clgroup.png

That was our CL group after we did really well to qualify for it. Sadly, as expected, we didn't get through to the knockout stages but we did drop down into the UEFA Cup which we did fantastically well in, reaching the semi finals before being knocked out narrowly by Juventus.

uefacup.png

Goals galore though! We do need to address our defensive problems in the new season though, which I've just started.

2 things mate...

i download the patch and i follow the instructions but i still dont have in the game the logos-shirts etc... any suggestions?

and since i have lot of free time i made all the transfers of the 2010-2011 season made till now to all first division teams and if you like i can upload it here..(a made the transfers on hershie's patch, hope its ok :) )

Archived