dafuge's FM10 challenge

Canvey Island

League 2

2015/16

League 2

With the media predicting us to finish dead last and the board just hoping that we could sneak survival, the prospects didn't look bright. We started better than anyone expected, however, setting ourselves up nicely in mid table before a mid season slump (five defeats in six games) threatened to send us tumbling down the table. We picked up though and almost sneaked into the play-offs on the final day. Having won 8 of our final 9 games we were denied by an 86th minute goal at Lincoln which kept us out of the play-offs by just a single point.

League Position Graph

League Cup

A win over Championship side Coventry was a good early season boost to our confidence before we got fairly well pummelled by another Championship side, Sheffield Wednesday in the second round.

Johnstone's Paint Pot

A couple of penalty shoot out wins over League One sides (Gillingham and Bournemouth) were similar boosts to our confidence, really letting us know that we can compete against League sides before we fielded a weakened side against Leyton Orient in the semi final to avoid a fixture pile up.

FA Cup

Another great run, we beat Hayes & Yeading in the first round before thumping League 1 strugglers Northampton 5-1 in the second round. A trip to Villa Park was our reward, more money spinning goodness, and we put in an excellent performance, going down 2-1 with our heads held high.

Transfers

Early in the window I found it difficult to bring players in but eventually we found some quality, particularly in the Premier League loan signings that we picked up, but I enjoyed spending my first real transfer budget as well. We strengthened in January after our downturn in form and in particular, John Bostock and Graeme Kelly did well for us. We'll have to be similarly clever in the market next season.

Key Players

There was no absolute stand out like James Foster last season, but the striker did have another good campaign. He struggled over the first half with both form and fitness, but once he struck a good partnership with on loan Spaniard Juan Collado the goals started flowing once more. Goalkeeper Jeet Padaruth continues to impress between the sticks. My coaches think he's playing at the absolute limits of his ability and we should look to replace him, but there are more important parts of the squad to work on right now.

Jim Gordon struggled with injury over the course of the season but when he was fit he showed that he's very capable at this level, and Graeme Kelly provided superb cover for him in the second half of the season. Loan signing Enrique Bernardini quickly became a favourite of mine with his tricky wing play, and with his contract at Liverpool up in the summer I'm hopeful that something can be done to get him here permanently.

Our signing of the season was almost certainly John Bostock. Having spent time with Llanelli after being released by Spurs, he welcomed the chance to get back into English football and he really provided our midfield with a better attacking balance. He'll be vastly important to us next season. As will Kostas Tsioukas, my big Greek centre back who keeps improving and making it difficult for me to leave him out. Finally, we picked up former Man City striker David Ball after he impressed against us for Braintree last season, and he had an excellent first half of the season, though was a little disappointing in the second half.

Next Season

I'm sure the board will want somewhere around mid table, but there's no question in my mind of where we should be aiming, and that's for promotion.

Career Overview

Season League Final Pos. Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nuneaton Town
2010/11 Blue Square North 5th Lost in play-off semi final
2011/12 Blue Square North 12th Sacked 11 games into the season

Canvey Island
2012/13 Blue Square South 10th None
2013/14 Blue Square South 4th Promoted via play-offs
2014/15 Blue Square Premier 3rd Promoted via play-offs
2015/16 League 2 8th None

Canvey Island 100 Club*

Name (Position) League Games (Overall Games); League Goals (Overall Goals); Average Rating
(Dates at club)

Jeet Padaruth (GK) 168 (198); 63 (72); 6.95
(2012-Present)
Joseph Owusu Tabiri (DR, MRC) 105 (130); 3 (4); 6.91
(2012-Present)
Theo Angus (DL) 101 (122); 0 (2); 7.08
(2012-Present)
Matthew Darlow (DC) 155 (185); 15 (18); 6.84
(2011-Present)
Ismail Yakubu (DC) 102 (113); 4 (4); 7.09
(2013-Present)
Mark Hartmann (MC) 166 (197); 19 (29); 6.91
(2010-Present)
James Foster (ST) 107 (129); 61 (71); 7.21
(2013-Present)
Kyle Wilson (ST) 103 (120); 36 (44); 6.96
(2013-2016)

*This is a new feature tracking those who have played 100 or more league games for me at Canvey Island. With goalkeepers, the league goals (overall goals) figures are replaced by clean sheets.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's only a pre-season friendly, but this should at least be a bit of a confidence boost.

GH does love a good smashing. Waweru showing his class there too. I have a feeling he's going to be a big hit for you Terk.

Also congrats on the 5th round and getting Man Utd Liver!

Something odd happened at the start of the season, I recieved the young players released message. When I clicked to check the list of players it was empty. No one of my rivals has signed someone who was apparently released by West Ham a couple of years ago, I check their transfers from that year and there was no trace of him.

Unlucky Terk on just missing out on the playoffs. I'm liking the 100+ appearances for the club thing. I might copy that for my next season update if you don't mind

Cheers :) I was truly gutted at missing out, kept frantically checking the latest score page and nearly screamed when Lincoln's goal came through :(

Feel free to copy the 100 Club idea, thought it would be a nice idea to keep a track of those players who've made a significant contribution to the club, and to see if I end up with anyone who gets over 100 appearances without really deserving them (like Djimi Traoré did at Liverpool :D).

My left winger, Robert Eagle, in for an injured starter, just had one of the most involved games i've ever seen a single player have on FM.

7th minute, he scored an own goal off a corner to put York up 1-0.

2 minutes later, he scored a goal himself to make it 1-1.

25th minute, he takes a corner which my center back volleys in, 2-1 us.

46th minute, straight from the kick off, ball gets played out wide and he beats his man, crosses, and Paynter heads home to make it 3-1.

2 minute later, 48th minute, Eagle's tackle goes straight to their forward on the edge of the box, and after a slipped through ball, they score and make it 3-2.

Eagle had a goal, 2 assists, an own goal, a tackle that lead straight to their 2nd goal, and won man of the match in a 3-2 win over York. Getting man of the match in a game you scored an own goal in after 7 minutes is impressive all in itself. :)

I'm not saying I enjoy revenge or anything, but given the circumstances of how Lincoln kept us out of the play-offs last season, this win felt pretty good :D Lincoln have actually started the season in truly awful fashion. They've played 6, drawn 1, lost 5, scored 1 and conceded 28. They'd already been beaten 6-0 by Northampton before we got to them. I don't feel sorry for them in the slightest :D

Had a bit of think about my team and going to see if in the summer I can bring in two awesome young defenders. Depends how my new LB does and how my CBs perform this year. Have a very good DM who has problems with some of the squad so if needs be will move him on and put Rodwell into his natural DM position instead of CB and bring in a 24yo French one I spotted. Won't be getting any youth from my own system who are Prem quality anytime soon unfortunately.

Taking his time to settle in (doesn't speak any English yet) but there have been some flashes of real quality. 4 games, 1 goal, 1 assist so far but some of his all round play certainly leads me to believe that he'll be a real asset. I've been fortunate so far because we're unbeaten in the opening 6 games, and with the rest of the team playing so well I can afford to give him the time he needs to get comfortable in the team.

Sutton Utd Premiership 2020/21

Competitions:

Fa Cup: Lost in 5th round 2-1 to Sunderland

League Cup: Lost 3-1 to Man City in Final

League: 3rd - Champions League Place

League Table, League Graph

Squad, Transfers

A very disappointing start saw us just above the releagtion zone with 9 games gone but things picked up thanks to Miguel Angel. This good form had a little blip during january while all my good players were getting nicked by bigger clubs but it continued sone after that and we ended well. We were even the 1st team to beat Man City that season.

I expected my team to get a Euro Cup place this season but they went 1 better to get a Champions League place, i doubt we can make a significant impact on the tournament but the income will do us good.

Player/s of the Season

Miguel Prats - Came in january and scored 14 from just 23 appearances

Paolo Biagioni - Partnered Prats during 2nd half of the season and played extremely well scoring 22 in 42 appearances

Miguel Angel - What would i do without him? he got us out of the slump we had at the start of the season with a string of good performances. He lost his 1st team place when Prats came in but is a useful sub scoring 12 in 14(23) appearances.

Edson - a solid 1st season for my keeper conceding just 60 in 48, not bad but will need better to compete with the likes of Chelsea and Man City

Idan Uzan - Another solid season from my cm gets a lot of small injuries though which can be quite annoying

Andrej Stolarik - His 5th season at the club and he is solid as ever, even scoring a handful as well

Daniel - a very good season from the "wonderkid" showed great potential, could have a difficult time keeping him though

Carioca - Spent good money on him in the summer and he proved his worth

Cups

Fa Cup: nothing special, the usual beating of lower league teams before succumbing to mid table sunderland, a bit disappointed. The League Cup however......

League Cup

2nd Round: 3-0 won away to Swindon

3rd Round: 2-2 won on penalties at home to Burnley

4th Round: 2-1 won at home to Peterborough

Quarter Final: 1-0 won at Home to Blackburn

Semi Final 1st leg: 2-2 vs West Ham away

Semi Final 2nd leg: 2-2 vs West Ham at home won on penalties

Final vs Man City

Could i beat them again, i beat them earlier in the league 1-0 or would my team bottle it in their first ever final of a major tournament

The final did not start well after just 16 mins Theo Walcott found himself clean through and made no mistake about the finish

However we got back into the game and after 39 mins we equalized after a mistake by their right back allowing Sazanov in to cross for Biagioni to finish into the bottom corner

We were then dealt a cruel blow on the stroke of half time, after playing well throughout the 1st half and looking to go into half time with a draw. Theo Walcott lost his marker and slotted home from 6 yards from an excellent counter attack by Man City

We never really got going after half time and a 3rd Man City goal (which looked very offside, although having done some Andy Gray style analysis on it:D maybe my right back was playing him on:mad:) came in the 54th min which killed us off and thats they way it stayed.

Never the less i am happy with my players, we matched Man City for large parts of the game and maybe next time we will win a trophy.

Finances:

Due to summer spending we spent the season in the red although we made roughly 1 mill profit/month which took us out of the red by january.

Finally my new stadium is a month away from completion, we gave Gander Green Lane a good send off with a 1-0 win over Peterborough which also secured us our Champions league spot

150+ appearances

Miguel Angel (ST): 267 appearances, 125 Goals, Average Rating 7.06

(2014-Present)

Acoran Romero (DC): 217 appearances, 8 Goals, Average Rating 6.97

(2012-2020)

Ezio Massaro (DL,DR): 191 appearances, 2 Goals, Average Rating 7.03

(2012-2018)

Andrej Stolarik (DC): 161 appearances, 10 Goals, Average Rating 7.05

(2016-Present)

[color=black]Career so far:[/color]

[color=black]Season    League                   Position    Achievements[/color]
[color=black]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]

[color=black]2010/11   Blue Square South       2nd      Promoted via playoffs[/color]
[color=black]2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st      Automatic Promotion [/color]
[color=black]2012/13   League 2                3rd      Automatic Promotion[/color]
2013/14   League 1                7th      N/A
2014/15   League 1                1st      Automatic Promotion
2015/16   Championship            14th     N/A
2016/17   Championship            4th      Lost in Playoff Semi Final
2017/18   Championship            1st      Automatic Promotion
2018/19   Premiership             13th     N/A
2019/20   Premiership             8th       N/A
2020/21   Premiership             3rd       N/A

Hastings United - 2012/2013 - Blue Square Premier

Well, a carbon copy of last season really. Media prediction was 18th, we finished 8th again after another dreary post-christmas slump.

---

Season Summary

Final Table

League Positions - Graph

Cups: We made it to the 1st Round of the FA Cup where we were beaten by Plymouth 3-1, but we deserved to get at least a replay if not the win outright. The FA Trophy we were knocked out by Gateshead in the 2nd round on penalties when we dominated both games (40 something shots total, 3 goals over the 2 games).

---

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4693606&postcount=5028]2010/11[/url]   Blue Square South        3rd         Promotion (Playoffs)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4710480&postcount=5113]2011/12[/url]   Blue Square Premier      8th         None
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4735716&postcount=5284]2012/13[/url]   Blue Square Premier      8th         None

Next Season

We're well settled into the BSP now, so my personal goal would have to be promotion this season, if only to boost our attendance numbers which aren't enough to run a club at this level.

First 3 games in the league:

Carshalton 0-1 Farnborough

Weymouth 1-3 Carshalton

Carshalton 1-1 Dover

So the home form so far has been very shakey, so I will be looking to tweak the mentality I have been currently playing at home. The finishing of my players have been very very poor so far as well, apart from the 2nd half of the Weymouth game. I need to try and stop the team from having so many long shots, and work the ball into the box more to create more chances that way.

I have noticed that we always have a height advantage, the first three games this has occured. I should have really adapted the tactic to play more physically and more direct, its these small things I will learn from playing lower league management.

My last 5 games have all ended 1-1, still can't complain really as I'm still 7 players down, and now another on international duty.

Just got humped by the 14th placed side 4 shots 3 goals lost 0-3.

My latest 1-1 draw stats

Shots 20

On Target 10

Woodwork 2

CCC's 3

There stats

Shots 3

On Target 1

Woodwork 1

CCC's 0

It's really starting to **** me off.

Two things.

First, anyone remember this guy? From, oh, say last year's thread and an infamous poster?

And second, Teixeira obviously felt like he didn't need to be on the field and that 10 men was enough for an entire game after this red card.

I remember Brennan pretty well. In fact my scout just found him and I've signed him too :) In my game he is a AMR/C.

2018-2019 Season Review-Kings Lynn-League 2

After surviving last season I was hoping to push on and get a top half finish. In the summer we got taken over but there is no plans for any investment. We started the season slowly and it looked like we would be in for another relegation battle. But good runs of results saw us climb up the table and at one point we were level on points with the last playoff spot but we fell away towards the end into 9th which I am very pleased with.

The main highlight of the season was our FA Cup run where we reached the 5th round before being beaten comfortably 4-0 by Manchester United.

Stars of the Season

Stars of the season were my 3 most creative players.

Scott Norris-young forward I signed this year he was brilliant. If he had higher composure he would be brilliant at this level.

Nick Main-My advanced playmaker contributes brilliantly from midfield with some important goals and assists.

Sam Hill-My other striker who partnered Norris had him on loan last season got him permantly this season and he played really well.

League 2-9th

League position graph

FA Cup-5th round-Manchester United

League Cup-1st round-Norwich

Johnstone Paint-1st round-Rushden

Manager Overview

Transfers

Next season promotion is the aim.

Season    League                            Position       Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square North                 18th           None
2011/12   Blue Square North                 4th            Promoted via Playoffs
2012/13   Blue Square Premier               16th           None
2013/14   Blue Square Premier	            19th           None
2014/15   Blue Square Premier	            16th           None
2015/16	  Blue Square Premier	            3rd            Playoff Semi losers
2016/17	  Blue Square Premier	            5th	           Promoted via Playoffs	
2017/18	  League 2			    21st	   None	
2018/19	  League 2			    9th		   None		

Boston Utd BSP 2014/15

Hugely dissapointint second half of the season - I lost 7 players to injury and had an enoromous run of 1-1 draws where I pounded the opposition smashing shots against the woodwork etc.

Finished in 3rd place and was banned for the 1st leg where Histon beat me 2-0 to record their first ever win against me, I then played in the Trophy final a few days later which I won beating Torquay on penalties.

Three days later I drew the home play-off leg 2-2 and went out.

I'm seriously thinking about whether I want to continue playing this - I fed up with elements like being twice as likely to hit the woorwork and opposition keepers being twice as likely to pull off great saves, my players being kicked off the park and shirt pulling being seen as worse then two footed lunges or elbows in the face.

Well I've decided to continue - totally revamped the team, with my 39 player/coach retiring from playing I've gained knowledge of Spain.

As a result I've managed to pick a 21 year old ex-Real Madrid keeper who to my shock has pulled off more great saves in 6 games then his predecessor,and a 21 year old ex-Real Madrid striker called Sunday N'Diaye who dosen't look fantastic but has Acc 14, Pace 13 and finishing 15 who's scored 6 in 6 so far.

Also junked 4-4-2 in favour of 4-2-3-1.

Well I've decided to continue - totally revamped the team, with my 39 player/coach retiring from playing I've gained knowledge of Spain.

As a result I've managed to pick a 21 year old ex-Real Madrid keeper who to my shock has pulled off more great saves in 6 games then his predecessor,and a 21 year old ex-Real Madrid striker called Sunday N'Diaye who dosen't look fantastic but has Acc 14, Pace 13 and finishing 15 who's scored 6 in 6 so far.

Also junked 4-4-2 in favour of 4-2-3-1.

I hope these changes work for you. I know how frustrating it can be when you create loads of chances and can't score then they score with only 1 shot at goal in the whole match.

Good luck with your new tactics and players:thup:

Good to see you're sticking with it, Swindon :thup:

The 2016/17 season has started superbly for me, we're top of League 2 after 10 games, have already had a League Cup game against West Ham which netted us some £300K and we're scoring goals from all over the place. Only sour note is that my 6'6" Irish centre back stuffed his ACL and is out for 11 months :(

Kings Lynn - Blue Square North - 2010/11

Following two previous attempts at this challenge that were both curtailed by corrupted saves and crash dumps, I have finally decided to take another shot at it.

Forgot My Profile Post so here it is

Profile 1, Profile 2

We were predicted by the media to finish 19th so I knew I had a lot of work to do.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Transfers

Squad

We made a cracking start and won 5 of our first 6 games, we hit the Play Off places from the start and never really looked back. We did hit a slump in the middle of the season but pulled it back pretty quickly and finished strongly to take the Title.

The Cups were not Kind to us this Year and we really made no impact at all

FA Cup – Took a 4-0 hiding in the 1st round proper from Luton

FA Trophy – A 3rd Qualifying Round defeat here

Key Player Profile

Robert McCormick – My Star Player, Scored a hatful and performed heroics all season

Kyle McAusland – Partnered McCormick and did well, Scored his fair share but also suffered with Injuries.

David Stephens – Rock Solid at the Back

Craig McShea – Utility player and used between both wings and striker position, probably didn’t allow him to perform to his best

Tom Millar – Midfield Enforcer, tireless around the pitch and made the most of Limited ability

Solomon Shields – The Creative part of the Midfield two, Scored a few and created many more

Career Overview

Season     League                 Position           Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North        1st              Champions, Promotion

Next Season

The squad in its current state is not up to the next step, more ins and outs are vital if we are to survive,

First aim is to establish a decent start and hope we are within striking distance of the Play offs around January,

More realistic is to strengthen and stay up in order to push on the following year.

Archived