rancer890's FM10 Small Club to Big Club Asian Challenge

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Akbar JSalter. I wish I could find a striker like that. I have a 31 year old and a 27 year old. My scout recommended me a striker with a finishing of 1.... :p

Nice year blowcrapup. I like those finances...

Looking forward to your participation rinso in HK. The expanded HK league has 3 divisions now. :)

Indonesian First Division First Phase

Indonesian First Division Second Phase

Indonesian First Division Final

More screenshots later after uni class.:)

I never did press confidence for pre-match, but I almost always did them for new signings.

FWIW to anyone here, I've been debating where to start playing in FM10. With the editor I wanted to try someplace new and it come down to a choice between Costa Rica (as I loosely follow a team there) and Vietnam (as I happen to live in a largely Vietnamese neighborhood and I love their food).

While I might not be participating in this thread I want to thank you for making it easy for me to find a V-League startup, and for anyone who might want to give it a shot I can tell you that the reset date is on, or just before, Dec 19, 2010. Also, no relegation is programmed in for the second division (I have no idea if it exists IRL or not) so I would assume for the challenge you'd just take over the worst placed team.

I might not participate here, but I do follow all the small-to-big threads and I look forward to reading everyone's progress. Hope the reset date is helpful to someone.

Just been looking at Vietnam leagues after holidaying the first season and teams that finished 1st in the 2nd div could be predicted 6th (last place) and vice versa which is pretty annoying in my opinion. Going to holiday Japan and see what that throws up.

Looking forward to your participation rinso in HK. The expanded HK league has 3 divisions now. :)

3 divisions?! oh no, that means more work to do!! Ill get stuck into it after the weekend I think, not good at playing multiple saves...

FM10 A-league: Brisbane Roar FC

2011-2012

Media Prediction - 5th

Finished - 2nd

Table - Graph - Finals Series

What an exciting season. Possibly the best season I've ever had on an FM game. I was slightly out-done in the league, and slightly outdone in the finals series, but I qualified for the Asian Champions League!! My squad is definitely improving, and I've picked up some amazing transfers, so with a bit of handy work and maybe a new marquee signing, I may win the league next season. Central Coast Mariners were just unstoppable. I did manage a draw and a win against them, and only lose the minor final to them by away goals (before losing to them in the grand final 3-0), but they're definitely a step above everyone else.

I think I may have won the season if my superstar from last year, Sergio Van Dijk didn't get badly injured, and wasn't playing for Indonesia every second weekend. I also seem to have 8 of my youngsters consistently in the U23, U21 and U19 Australian squads, and I also had 3 other players called up for the Australian Senior squad. There is no doubting my pedigree, so I'm expecting great things next season!

Finances - Transfers

I brought in quite a few free transfers this season. I needed to get some back-up for a few positions, and also needed an Asian player to get settled in before any eventual foray into the ACL. I also managed to find Richard Garcia (currently plays for Hull City in the EPL) in the Australian non-league! I couldn't believe my luck (and his lack of luck to end up there). I also found an out of favour Brazilian Marciniho, who was quite the steal, especially at the age of 27. I am a tad worried about finances though. I'm on a runaway train, and its destination is debt. Hopefully the ACL answers my prayers and gives me a lil' somethin' somethin'.

Scott Chipperfield - Amazing player for his age. Assisted quite a fair share of my goals, and was a pivot of creativity. He also knows how to defend.

Season        League      Position      Finals Series
------------------------------------------------------
2010/2011     A-League       5th             5th
2011/2012     A-League       2nd             2nd

I like Akbar JSalter. I wish I could find a striker like that. I have a 31 year old and a 27 year old. My scout recommended me a striker with a finishing of 1.... :p

Nice year blowcrapup. I like those finances...

Indonesian First Division First Phase

Indonesian First Division Second Phase

Indonesian First Division Final

More screenshots later after uni class.:)

I never did press confidence for pre-match, but I almost always did them for new signings.

Such an odd format! Nice work though getting to the final (shame to go so far and to lose :(... I know how you feel)

Mosul

Mousel.png

I didn't know it when I started holidaying in Iraq (what a sentence) but Mosul are actually a huge club thats not in the premier league after withdrawing twice in recent years due to security and finances. Anyway it was no surprise they bounced back up to the premier league and so are playable. Apparently I am allowed to sign 5 foreign players with 3 in the match squad but really what kind of nutjob would accept that offer, I shall have to try and sign Afghan's, Eastern Congolese and players from Darfur and lands affected by the LRA in Sudan for them to feel Iraq is a safer place :)

Persmin Minahasa - 2010/11 Review

Just a quick update...

Indonesian First Division: 3rd

Indonesian Cup: 1st Round

Not a bad first season, but we missed out on promotion by 6 points. Persma and Barito Putra were the promoted teams from our group. It looked unlikely we'd finish as high as 3rd though as we lost our 3rd game of the season 5-1 away to Perserang. At the half way stage, we were sitting in midtable, but only 1 defeat in the next 10 games lifted as into a promotion challenge, ended by a 1-0 defeat at home to Persma.

Syahrul Akbar ended as the top goalscorer, but he only managed 6 as we struggled to score. His main strike partner only scored 4 times. Between them they managed 6 goals in 6 games towards the end of the season, so if they can continue this things look more promising for next year.

We've currently got £138k in the bank, some of which we'll lose over the close season, as we don't have a match for 5/6 months.

Targets for next season:

- Promotion

- Score more

- Improve the finances

Persma Manado

Indonesia

First Division (Group A)

2010-2011

Media Prediction: 1st

Finishing Position: First Phase - 1st, Second Phase - 1st, Final - Runner-up

Indonesian Cup: lost in 2nd Round to Persipura 6-1 aggregate

Squad

Squad 1

Squad 2

The squad didn't have a lot of players, so I had to sign most of them. One thing they did have though was an abundance of goalkeepers...

Transfers

Transfers

I didn't sign Imron and Stradilin, but Imron did turn out to be pretty useful to the club. I utilized a lot of loans from my parent club, and will probably do the same next year to minimize costs...

Finances

Finances

Partly helped by the money making cup matches...

Key Players

M. Darwis

Nono Sri Hartono

Adi Wirahadi

Club Information

Overview

Facilities

Affiliates

Goals for 2011-2012

• survive
  • improve finances

[font=Courier New]Year       Division         Position    Indonesian Cup   Other
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4185332&postcount=161]2010-2011[/url]  First Division        1st         2nd Round   N/A
[/font]

Good year Machinegunhead. Sergio van Dijk is unattached in my game. I tried offering him a contract but he rejected...:p

Good first season JSalter. You're in a strong position for promotion next year once you find some players that can score goals. :thup:

It's probably my tactics tbh. Akbar is definitely a player who should score more than 6 goals at this level, but all the 1st season I was experiementing what role to give him. I've not really got the hang of tactics on FM10 yet, but he seems to be doing better as a target man at the moment.

I'm using the tactics from FM09, and they seem to be doing fine in Indonesia.

In Persma news, my chairman is now willing to 'listen to offers'.

Don't worry Ethan, the transfer embargo will be a pain, but I'm pretty sure they won't sack you...

Thanks to an early Murdocca goal we have won the A-League final therefore completing the first half of the challenge. It was a close match but thanks to a couple of good saves we were able to hold onto our lead throughout the match. The next goal, the Asian Champions League.

Congratz Ethan on winning the A-League final. Best of luck in the Asian Champions League. :thup:

As for Persma. I just signed my first foreigner, and my squad is shaping out to be very solid. I just lost out on a fantastic young striker, but I have signed Plan B at least...

Well done Ethan on winning the A-League.

Just beaten Super Legaue side Persija 2-0 in the 1st Round, 1st Leg of the Cup. Wasn't a fluke either, we totally deserved it, goals from strikers Akbar and Hidayat. This result means we're still unbeaten so far this season.

Thanks to an early Murdocca goal we have won the A-League final therefore completing the first half of the challenge. It was a close match but thanks to a couple of good saves we were able to hold onto our lead throughout the match. The next goal, the Asian Champions League.

Well played. With Zanetti taking over your club (hopefully), you'll be tearing up the ACL. I just hope you go better than Adelaide did in the ACL in my game... they only managed 1 point :eek:.

Adelaide United - Hyundai A-League- 2011/2012(Season 2)- Ethan13

This year we were looking to build on our 3rd place finish from the year before and to hopefully qualify for the Asian Champions League.

A-League (Regular Season)----League Table----Graph

Won the league by 16 points as we dominated. We scored the most and ended up with a goal difference of +37. Our best win with a 7-0 away win against Newcastle.

A-League Finals Series- We started poorly as we lost 2-1 away against Central Coast with them scoring in injury time even though we played better them then. We could only manage a 1-1 draw at home which meant we lost 2-1 on aggregate. In the prelim final we dominated but were down 1-0 until we scored 2 late goals to make the grand final. An early goal from Murdocca was good enough to win the final.

Finances- Shocking which has caused an attempt of a takeover.

Transfers- Once again looked for players who I could get on frees which worked.

Squad

Key Player- Cristiano- Once again a brilliant player. Won the A-League Player of the year, Foreigner of the year and the Golden Boot.

Fixtures Part 1 Part 2

Aims from Last Season

- Improve Defence ACHIEVED

- Challenge for A-League title ACHIEVED

- Improve Staff FAILED

Aims for Next Season

- Defend A-League title

- Improve squad for the ACL at the end of the year

Domestic:

Season    League    Position    Final Series    
------------------------------------------------
2010/11   A-League  3rd         3rd       
2011/12   A-League  1st         1st  
-------------------------------------------

Good job, Ethan13! The finances look terrible, hopefully Javier Zanetti takes over and throws a bunch of money into the club.

As for Al-Tohami, we're doing surprisingly well in the Premier League, although this was a bit odd:

Snow

Didn't really expect to be playing in snow in Saudi Arabia.

Mosul 2010/11

I started with a team of the sort of quality that I thought could go a long way in the league although with very little depth. Since there was no one good available for free I had to get in the least bad players to come in as backups and go with the players I started with. Particularly impressive of these was Abdullah Hamada. In fact due to his brilliance and several other of my younger players I lost one match by having 6 players called up to Iraqi youth teams. Nevertheless I ended up finishing the league in a strong 5th place. For next season I believe my team will be much stronger since I've been able to steal several good players whose contracts were running out.

Season | League | Cup
10/11  | 5th    | 2nd Qlfy

I've had these badges since '08 it was like a mega thing a downloaded of sortitoutsi I think. There aren't logos for every club in countries like this but for most of them a couple of teams at least have logos.

People mad enough to move to Iraq to play football;

Country | # | Mosul
Iran    | 1 | 1
Yemen   | 2 | 2
Liberia | 4 |
CAR     | 2 |
Niger   | 2 |
Reunion | 1 |
Lesotho | 2 |

Great start archie#10 hopefully you can keep that up. Seeing as the A-League season isn't very long it is great when you can open up a large lead as the other teams struggle to catch you.

Update on my Adelaide United save. We are still under a transfer embargo as the takeover keeps going from good and looking like it will be resolved within a few days to looks like it will collapse. It isn't good though because the transfer window is nearly over and we haven't been able to make any signings besides frees. The squad is good though but we could do with 1 more defender to add some more depth. We won our first league game 5-2 with Cristiano scoring a hat trick so it looks like it could be another season with a lot of goals (Hopefully).

Giligans Island 2010/11 review

Season Summary

First season complete. My attacking, pro-creativity based style has paid dividends as we scored almost double the goals of the closest team. The Islanders (as I've dubbed them) won a hard fought 2-1 victory over regular season champions Mendiola Utd in a one match playoff to pick up the championship. Now lets see what kind of continental competition we've gotten ourselves into.

Final Standings

Transfer News

Because of the club's low reputation, I can seem to sign any foreign players, nor any filipinos based in other leagues. In fact, even a free transferred countryman from Fulham says, "Hell no." I've withdrawn my scouts to look for gems at local clubs. We'll see how this, my increased reputation from the championship, and my involvement in continental competition impacts the market.

Giligans Island 2011/12, 2012/13 review

Sorry for the combined update, these Filipino seasons run insanely fast.

Season Summary

The second and third seasons didn't go as planned. In fact, they were awful. We've seen ourselves not even close to the continent with sixth and seventh place finishes. Our journey into Asia ended swiftly in 2012 as we didn't make it out of the preliminary groups in both the President's Cup or the Asia Club Championship.

2012 Final Standings

2013 Final Standings

Transfer News

I didn't see any uptick in foreign interest despite appearing in continental competitions. However, I have noticed that the even with fairly basic facilities, promoted youth team players usually have better attributes than the original players when the game was started. Perhaps if we can consistently qualify and do well in tournaments then I can upgrade them and get at least a partial stranglehold of my own country.

Right decided to give this ago, some of you might remember I had a fairly successful save on FM08 in China and with the options to expand the game I thought i'd give Japan a go.

I started the game but forgot to post a profile, but have one now. Manager Profile I have taken over at Joestu Warriors, in the Kanto League Division One. Below is my first season in charge of them.

2010-11 - Joetsu Warriors - Kanto League Division One

Media Prediction: 6th

Final Position: 2nd - League Table

All-Japan Shakaijin Cup: 2nd Qual. Round

Emporer's Cup: 3rd Qual. Round

Transfers None out, 4 in pre-season, 1 in close season. Nothing spent, nothing gained.

Squad Poor overall, one potential star in Jun Imanishi, but he got injured for 2 months and never really got going. Was a miracle that we were within a whisker of winning the league.

Finances In the Red but to be expected. We had a huge wage budget but never used it thankfully. Will look to address this situation next season.

Targets for Next Season

• Another title challenge
  • Get into the Black

Season|Division            |Finished  |Achievements
10/11 |Kanto League Div One|2nd       |- 

Giligans Island 2013/14 review

I'm in Filipino overdrive right now, this is so addicting. Will be my last for a few hours as I am probably closer to the Philippines than most of you, so time for a little sleep.

Season Summary

In short, season No. 4 = title No. 2. My Islanders and Pasargad FC stayed one/two for most of the season, but we won in the playoff final to clinch the title. I'm pretty sure that this year being a World Cup year that we might not have the Asian Club Championship in the summer like usual. We only conceded five goals the entire season, so I guess those crazy sayings are correct. A good offense is a good defense.

Final Standings

Transfer News

My youth players are really starting to come around. We had a couple more gems in the striker position and midfield that asserted themselves this season. I switch my wingbacks back to the typical fullback position and decreased the width of my field. Next season should be exciting.

Welcome back ToMexico!! Hope you can win the title with Joestu Warriors next year. :thup:

No chance of that i think, more likely relegation the way its gone. Lost 3/4 of my squad under Bosman ruling which sucks. Have been unable to replace many of them which sucks more. Got about 4 loans signings that aren't great either. All my players are stupidly unfit ending games on 30-40% condition which I can't pinpoint the reason as we have a fitness coach and their natural fitness stat sits around 10 to 17.

Thinking it might be the end of me soon as I have a record of DLDL so far this season and sit 7th from 8 places. Will report back in a few games to see if there has been any improvement.

Mosul 2011/12

As I predicted I was a much stronger side this year and we raced out with 10 wins a row. Some sloppy games including a 3-0 defeat to them let Al-Zawra'a back in the race though. By the last game of the season I was 1 point ahead and 1-0 up away from home at Arbil who promptly equalised in the 88th minute and I was unable to turn it round for a win. Thankfully 10th place Sulaymaniyah managed to hold Al-Zawra'a to an amazing 0-0 draw handing us the league. This set up a playoff with the other half of the Iraqi premier league champions, Najaf. I was certain that my half of the league was stronger with cup winners and last years winners, Al-Zawra'a and the only professional club Al-Quwa Al-Jawiya (who bought one of my strikers for £140K, part of a £525K spending spree this season, no one else bought anyone for money). I was again proved right by defeating Najaf 3-2 to become the champions of Iraq. I think there may be a slight bug here since the Najaf manager was sacked following this defeat which seems a bit strange considering they won their half of the league. Key player this season was right winger, Safwan Abdul-Ghani.

Season | League | Playoff | Cup
10/11  | 5th    | N/A     | 2nd Qlfy
11/12  | 1st    | Winners | 2nd Qlfy

Mad foreigners watch;

Country  | #  | Change
Iran     | 3  | +2
Yemen    | 2  | ±0
Liberia  | 6  | +2
CAR      | 6  | +4
Niger    | 10 | +8
Reunion  | 1  | ±0
Lesotho  | 12 | +10
Ethiopia | 1  | +1

Pretty much the entire Lesotho national team plays in Iraq now.

2011-12 - Joetsu Warriors - Kanto League Division One

Final Position: 6th - League Table

All-Japan Shakaijin Cup: 2nd Qual. Round

Emporer's Cup: 3rd Qual. Round

Transfers Lots out for nothing. 5 in altogether, 4 loans and 1 free transfer.

Squad Worse far the worst team I have ever managed. We mustered 2 wins all season from 16 games.

Finances In the Black. I arranged around 8 friendlies to create some much needed revenue. We lost them all but made 70k so who cares.

Targets for Next Season

• Rebuild the squad.
  • Mid tabled finish.

Season|Division            |Finished  |Achievements
10/11 |Kanto League Div One|2nd       |- 
11/12 |Kanto League Div One|6th       |-

I've resigned as manager of Joetsu. More players left over the close season not wanting to renew, my first team was basically my U18s with a splattering of 'first teamers'. Was beyond a joke. Would be nice to know what the clubs reputation is, because we just can't attract the players nor the staff. Don't know whether to holiday til the new season and take over a new club or start a fresh in another country.

Rancer, noticed anything wrong with the Premier Division? Specifically regarding relegation.

I don't know...this is my first year ever in the Indonesian Premier Division...

Quackje: congratz on winning the Iraqi title. How many foreigners do you have? I think those Niger and Lesotho born players think Iraq is a safer country. :D

ToMexico!!: good luck wherever you decide to go next. :thup:

I don't know...this is my first year ever in the Indonesian Premier Division...

I've not got to it yet, just happened to be looking at it. The format has changed since last year, before it was 2 groups of 15. Apparently the bottom 3 get relegated from each of the 3 groups, then there's a relegation playoff, meaning a total of 11 clubs get relegated...

...but they don't. Only 8 teams come up, so it seems the game randomly decides which of the 11 to keep up. Last season on my game a team finished 2nd bottom, but didn't get relegated, while a team that finished 4th bottom did go down.

I've not got to it yet, just happened to be looking at it. The format has changed since last year, before it was 2 groups of 15. Apparently the bottom 3 get relegated from each of the 3 groups, then there's a relegation playoff, meaning a total of 11 clubs get relegated...

...but they don't. Only 8 teams come up, so it seems the game randomly decides which of the 11 to keep up. Last season on my game a team finished 2nd bottom, but didn't get relegated, while a team that finished 4th bottom did go down.

That does seem a bit weird. In my game it doesn't match up between the relegations and the promotions...

But the good news for me is that I don't have to worry about relegation. We're doing quite well atm. :)

One thing I am getting annoyed are the amount of long term injuries I have to some of key players...a couple are gone for 6 months...

Archived