Steam Problems FAQ and Basic Crash Troubleshooting

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steam 732897 has stopped working

a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify you...

This is the message i receive and cant instal FM2010...

my pc

win7, intel core i7-920 2,66ghz, svga asus gtx260...

help please!!! I ve got directx, update win,video card....

13yxbk.jpg

ei8ev6.jpg

I installed FM10 from the DVD and afterwards installed the patch manually a few days ago. Today I installed steam and activated the code. Is there any way I can get steam to recognize my installation of FM10?

I don't wish to download FM10 from steam as I allready have it installed or re-install it, as these are basicly more time consuming than just using the DVD ;)

Not sure whether or not this is a problem with Steam, but when I try to play a match, I don't get the football Pitch. I get the sounds of the crowd and the sound of the ball being kicked but my pc freezes. This has happened a few times now and it is driving me mad as to what could be the problem? Everything else is fine, it is only when it comes to matchday, that the pc seems to freeze on one screen and all I get are the sounds of the crowd cheering and the ball being kicked. Anyone else had this same problem?

@Gramm0

1-Insert the first disc into your computer.

2-Close Steam (File > Exit).

3-Go to the Start button and select Run (XP) or type Run in the Search box and choose Run from the list (Vista).

In the Run window type:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -install E:

Replace E: with the CD/DVD drive you are installing from if is not correct.

Replace C:\Program Files\Steam if your Steam installation is not in the default location.

Press OK. Your installation should continue from the disc.

viru

@Steam 732897 something is wrong on your system making java crash and steam , turn off your anti virus and firewall see if that works

@fatfrank and BamBamBam make sure you have steam updated and it remembers your account info (file settings and make sure the do not save account info is not ticked

@themadhatter43 thats not a steam issue make sure you have your graphics card drivers are updated

@M.A.R.T.I.N read the faq

this is the only help i can provide for a while, i am terribly sick and i need some rest

Directed me here but after following all the advice I still have the same problem of "fm2010 is already running" when it isn't.

Any more advice would be helpful whilst i wait and wait and wait for Sega support.

Im having the exact same problem as OPCoxford , i contacted steam and sega with no reply, i either want it to work or get my money back, any help would be un-beleievebly helpful and i would be very grateful, please help

Thanks for answering Aim Less, but I think you misunderstood.

I allready have FM10 plus the patch installed. I just cant get Steam to recognize it...

Sorry to sound dumb, but why do you need to use steam if you already have the game on DVD and have downloaded the patch?

Sorry to sound dumb, but why do you need to use steam if you already have the game on DVD and have downloaded the patch?

Because then it would be possible to play without having the dvd with me, thus enabling me to play even if I forgot the DVD at home. I got a job once a week, where I can sit on my ass and play FM for 9 hours. Would suck if I one day open my laptop and discover the wrong CD/DVD...

Because then it would be possible to play without having the dvd with me, thus enabling me to play even if I forgot the DVD at home. I got a job once a week, where I can sit on my ass and play FM for 9 hours. Would suck if I one day open my laptop and discover the wrong CD/DVD...

I'm not sure, but I think you'd have to purchase the game again if you wanted to play using the steam version aswell i'm afraid.

@Steam 732897 have you tried what i said? , game works on windows 7

@Gramm0 Steam wont recognize it because its not installed on it sorry

@jackboybaker and OPCoxford , put -windowed -small_screen in the launch options on steam and use the netbook skin ( trust me you will need it )

Go to FM 2010 properties on steam and select set launch options

Hi, recently got a new netbook and it meets all the min specs, although I cant get the game to load up via steam, i says its preparing to launch FM10 but the nothing comes up, if i press ctrl alt delete it comes up in my processes, but nothing there?

Any ideas?

Cheers.

go to the shortcut properties then go to the "Shortcut" tab

In the "Target" area, add the following: "-small_screen -windowed" without the quotes

it will look like this D:\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\tools\editor\editor.exe -small_screen -windowed

I'm having roughly the same problem as Luke200046.

The game loads fine I've actually been able to play my first friendly with 3D match engine working fine. Then the game crashed without saving. Now it is crashing just before it starts the first match i.e. just after the team talk. It gives no error message and crashes my whole PC, not just the game.

I'm using a Dell 3100 2.8GHz 2GB RAM with XP 2002 SP3, my onboard video card is an Intel 82915G/GV/910GL (which I think is within the min requirements).

I have renamed the clientregistry.blob to clientdetailsold.blob as per advice on another post. I have installed DirectX, my drivers are up to date and I have verified the cache files twice.

Tried running that CPU temp program but it doesn't recognise my CPU. Doesn't seem to be overheating though, fan working, no excess heat/noise coming from it.

I have AVG & COMODO running and am reluctant to uninstall them each time I want to play FM!

The problem is still happening.

Surely you can play the game without uninstalling your firewall & antivirus??!

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rossco

I have given my disk to my friend and he is trying to install it using steam so he doesnt need to use the disk. However, he trys to install it but it says that the product code has already been activated and is unvalid. What is he supposed to do to install the game through Steam?

(Sorry if this has already been covered)

Thanks

Hi,

I successfully installed Steam when I first got the game and have been playing FM2010 since the first week, but in the last few days I have been unable to connect to Steam.

At first I was receiving the error "unable to connect to Steam servers" immediately after entering my login details then, after deleting the clientregistry.blob found that Steam started to download an update. However, it only gets so far, then I get the error message "Steam is temporarily unavailable, please try later.

I have tried most of the suggestions on the FAQ without success. Could you help me please? I'm starting to lose heart a bit and just not bother as I seem to be wasting entire evenings just trying to get Steam loaded!

Many thanks.

@rossco1872 something is wrong with your computer, try playing in 2D i think your onboard card is too weak for 3D

@welchy you can only activate your cd key once ( on steam ) i assume you already have the key activated on your account correct?

@Bregazzi are you sure that your firewall is not blocking steam and you have your router ports opened?

Aim Less,

Yes, i have activated the code on my account. However, i know that you can install the game on up to 5 different computers. How do we go about installing the game on his computer without him having to keep the disk?

Welchy

Hi Aim Less, thanks for the reply.

I have removed everything pertaining to FM2010/Steam from my Firewall, but not checked my router ports. I use a wireless connection but don't think I have the necessary cable to connect direct to my laptop. How would I go about checking ports?

Thanks

Ok, i managed to successfully log in to Steam by connecting the USB stick directly to my laptop (it was plugged into a shared dock before), and I loaded FM2010 successfully too.

However, whenever I close Steam, shut down my computer, restart my computer again the next day and attempt to log in to Steam (using the shared dock) I get the exact same problem. Shouldn't Steam have remembered my details when I managed to log in?

I know the obvious work around is to plug the USB stick into my laptop whenever I want to play FM2010, but it's a bit annoying as it means that I have to disconnect from the shared dock so that my girlfriend gets cut off from the internet. Any ideas?

Hi there guys, if anybody could help me I'd be very grateful !

Since yesterday, when I try to open steam from the icon I've got in the start menu, all of a sudden I get a windows installer window which comes up asking me to insert the 'steam' disk ! A disk which I obviously haven't got ! Window thus can't configure steam or something like that and thus I get the message "ERROR 1706. No valid source could be found for product Steam. Windows Installer cannot continue". I tried by renaming the ClientRegistry.Blob file as mentioned in the opening post but didn't do anything. I then saw another set of advice saying to delete everything in the C:\Programs\Steam folder except SteamApps and Steam.exe, but I don't have a Steam.exe file, just a steamTmp.exe file !!!

I apologize if this problem has already been solved on here, but I've looked and can't seem to have found one. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

remove steam and install again

Thanks for the reply Aim Less ! However, I seem to have found a solution for the moment as when as previously mentioned I opened Steam and got the message telling me to insert the steam dvd/cd, I inserted the fm2010 disk and it reinstalled (repaired ?) steam. Since then, I'm not having any problems but if the same problem arises, I'll try your solution. Thanks again !

Archived