NickJ73

[Released] Dominion skin for FM10

96 posts in this topic

Its a bit complicated, the demo skins have a solid background and the background images are disabled in the global_panels.xml file. So basically you have to make the graphics transparent in [skin name]/graphics/boxes/main and uncomment the background image code in the global_panels.xml file.

Here's a sneak peak at Digital Dominion Studio's FM10 skin Planned for release on october 30th, it has backgrounds enabled :) What do you think of it?

Cheers

Nick.

Is that just the default skin with backgrounds enabled?

Not much to comment on really. More of a colour change than a skin and I think it's actually less pleasing than the 'dark' skin that comes with the game. Black on it's own is a bit samey.

Fair comment rad, its not just black tho, the screeny doesnt show the gradiented grays, looks better in use, and of course is a work in progress.

@murray, no matey.

it looks better on the eye... good first skin i'll be trying it.

Am I wrong or those first skins are just default with different colours? We'll need time to see really different skins I think, because of the new layout.

Its the same layout yes but most the graphics have been redrawn, once ive gotten used to all skin aspects i'll probably move onto a more 'ambitious' design (dont know when). I'm just not keen on the fm10 dark skin thats why i did this one.

Ah right, I thought 'Digital Dominion Studios' meant it was a few people. Just a silly name then ;)

Looks good and wont be using the orignal skin as most would agree it sucks , sorry SI the only gripe i can say about FM10

Ah right, I thought 'Digital Dominion Studios' meant it was a few people. Just a silly name then ;)

As the founder member of Tatty Pie Boutique, I resent that remark, Sir!

Its the same layout yes but most the graphics have been redrawn, once ive gotten used to all skin aspects i'll probably move onto a more 'ambitious' design (dont know when). I'm just not keen on the fm10 dark skin thats why i did this one.

Of course, that's what I meant. You can't know now how far this layout will let you go.

Released, see first post for link. (Sorry for double post radestock :) please delete other thread)

The link doesn't seem to be working for me, could you check it/re-upload?

Great work on this btw, has a fresh/clean look to it.

Not bad at all Mr NickJ73, nice to see people doing their best for the game etc etc!

Would be nice to have a background one that allows the multiple stadiums to be shown in all their splender!

Keep up the good work!

Cheers, backgrounds from fm2009 dont seem to work yet, i'm sure someone will work that out before long :)

Looks good and wont be using the orignal skin as most would agree it sucks , sorry SI the only gripe i can say about FM10

I've found it to be far from 'most' Cynet. ;)

Good work on the skin though :) Provides another good option :thup:

I just get a black background for this, the default grass one in the files isn't showing (backgrounds ticked, skin cache etc) Am I missing something? Do I need to adjust one of files in this to enable backgrounds?

Have you got any backgrounds in your fm10 graphics folder? stadium backgrounds dont work atm.

Yes I've got team and player backgrounds from 09 in the new 10 directory fm2010/graphics/backgrounds.

Iv got your skin folder in fm2010/skins. Is there anything else I should be doing other than putting it in there?

All i can say is remove the team and player backgrounds from the fm10 graphics folder as these arent recognised by fm10 for some reason.

Simon - extract the dominion_fm2010.zip file and copy the dominion folder from the dominion_fm2010 folder to 'my documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/skins'

Nice skin Nick, though I changed a few things for personal use. Ik darkenend the background a bit, and changed the attribute stats. Only thing I've being trying to change, but can;t find obviously, is the colour for headers of unread items in the inbox. Do you happen to know where they are?

I could make read icons black and unread icons gold, cant change text colour.

graphice/icons/news - unfortunately theyre not in the dominion folder, i'll release update tomorrow.

As promised I've added a few changes

- Made rhe main background slightly darker

- changed read news icons to black

- changed unread news icons to gold

see my first post for the Download link.

All suggestions welcome.

All i can say is remove the team and player backgrounds from the fm10 graphics folder as these arent recognised by fm10 for some reason.

Works, cheers for that :thup:

Nice job on the skin.

Works, cheers for that :thup:

Nice job on the skin.

Removed my background pics and found a decent high res pic of cardiffs new stadium to use as default.

Looks fantastic, cheers for the work on this mate

http://i36.tinypic.com/o79anr.jpg

How do you get backgrounds to work?

I have backgrounds enabled and I have the images in /grpahics/backgrounds

How do you get backgrounds to work?

I have backgrounds enabled and I have the images in /grpahics/backgrounds

It looks like backgrounds dont work. You need to delete your backgrounds folder (I suggest you move it). You'll then get the standard 'grass' default background.

To replace this, rename the default image in the dominion skins folder, and paste in your own one renaming it 'default'.

That should work