FM10 Official Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez L'OL

Lisandro Lopez

Hopey

I sold Clerc because Lyon have three DR's and I only really need two. Keeping Gassama was a no brainer, which left a decision between the other two. In my opinion Reveillere was the better option.

Haven't played any games since signing Franchone, but will let you know after he's had a few appearances.

Using my favoured 4-4-2. Trying to recreate the tactic I used on 09

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's fine, I plan on keeping both Clerc and Réveillère and have them bring on Gassama, I was just curious why you sold him for the price you did. I agree, Réveillère looks the better RB from the start.

Sorry I meant what did you think of Franchone stat wise? I mean for the price you paid he's a good backup. Plus the demo allows us to experiment with players etc.

£14Million for Loïc Rémy? Dear god! /o\ I'm not prejudice about Rémy, I like him but not at the price Lyon were prepared to go in the summer, €18Million? That's about €10-12Million too much.

Well like I sayed I overpayed quite a bit for him, but would have had him much cheaper but for Delgado been a pain. In all fairness though he has been very good for me so far. :thup:

Ooh, I forgot to post my start to my save on here.

Yeah, just gave it a try after having some reasonable 09 saves.

I bought in Amr Zaki for £2.4m and Rafael VDV for £7.5m, while letting go Clerc, Anderson and Delgado. Zaki's actually done alright, scoring 2 in 4 games and VDV has the same record.

Oh nice OP HoPeY :thup:

Yeah, nice OP.

I started a couple of days ago and may try OL in the full game as I'm having a total blast so far. Just beat AM 1-0 in the CL qualifier, what fun!

I am playing quite a few formations with the only constant being a firm DC-DC-DMC triangle and the fullbacks being quite attacking. The four variants are 4-3-1-2, 4-3-1-1 (each with three narrow MCs), a Mourinho-style 4-1-2-2-1 and a variation on this with two MC, an AMC and an AMR. The aim is to have the in-form players in their best positions and well-spaced around the field to take advantage of my opponent's weaknesses.

OL have quite a few good box-to-box players and so I always have one or two of these. I'd then typically have an advanced playmaker or attacking midfielder on 'attack'. The wingers are winger roles with attack duties, whether there's one or two of them.

Up front I tend to play Lopez (what a player!) as a complete forward and Gomis as a poacher. I have also signed Liedson but have only played one game with him so not sure what his best role is. He looks like a target man, but isn't strong enough; and he doesn't have the stats for a more creative type. Maybe another poacher, who can also use his head? I paid £4m for him.

My other signings are JM Vargas, who looks absolutely brilliant anywhere on the left (crossing 18 = really potent) and Hamsik as I wanted to replace Makoun with Toulalan. Makoun's head is not right, he moans and gets complacent and is pulling off a lot of 6.6's. Hamsik is looking really brilliant too, he just has 'it'.

I have a bit of money left and will probably go for a DC.

I don't know what people are saying about Govou being rubbish. I thought so too at first but his pace down the right causes so much danger for the opponents and he's the club captain and only club icon still in the team. He looks better than Bastos anyway, who is now backup to Vargas and Cissokho.

Finally, Lloris is already looking like a total legend!

Having made it to the end of October I'm guessing I haven't got too much more playing time left on my Lyon demo. I've had long enough though to have a head start for the full release, and have already set up a basic tactic which is working well. The results so far are going pretty well having only lost one game in 14, and the defence is looking pretty solid.

Results-1.png

The slightly worrying thing is the lack of goals. We are creating loads of chances, but not putting enough of them away. Lisandro Lopez and Naldo have been immense so far.

Squad.png

My tactic is a straight forward 4-4-2 and I've pretty much worked out where I need to strengthen:

Goalkeeper - Solid enough here with Lloris & Vercoutre

Right Back - Three good players here, but will only keep two. Gassama is one for the future and will provide good backup. Of the other two Reveillere is a better defender than Clerc, so Clerc will be sold to generate extra funds.

Left Back - Need a first choice here, as in my opinion Cissokho isn't ready to start every week just yet. I like the look of Vargas (depending on the fee).

Centre Back - Cris is the only standout here, while Boumsong & Bodmer will provide good cover. Will need a partner for Cris and after his performances in the demo I will probably go for Naldo again. Anderson will be sold to generate more cash.

Right Midfield - Govou is good enough to start, but I will probably bring in a better player and use Govou as backup. My preferred option is Arda but will also look at Obasi, Barnetta, Afellay & possibly even Lavezzi.

Left Midfield – Great options here with Bastos & Ederson. Will sell Delgado as he isn't upto the standard of the other wingers.

Central Midfield - Again no problems here with Toulalan, Makoun, Kallstrom & Pjanic.

Striker - Lopez is brilliant here and will be backed up by Gomis and the very promising Tafer (already turned down a £5m bid from Barcelona!). Will still need to bring in a quality partner for Lopez. Rossi has looked decent in the demo but will also look at other options.

If anyone else has any suggestions let me know.

All that remains is to wait for the full release.

I thought Bastos didn't look to well!

As you can see he's been brilliant for me :thup:

His stats are pretty decent (can't post a screenshot at the moment, but if I remember I will post one tonight).

What tactic are you using because as far as I can tell your wingers aren't performing! Except Bastos then.

I'm trying to recreate the 4-4-2 I used on FM09.

As you can see Bastos is performing well, but Govou is letting me down. That is why I will bring in someone to play right midfield when I get the full game.

How is the tactics going on, just a general question. I mean it changed a lot so I was wondering if I even need MORE help then before. :)

To be honest I’m kind of cheating :o

You have the option to use the new tactic system or convert to the old style, and I’ve opted to use the old style as I had a great tactic on FM09.

At the moment it’s working reasonably well (7 wins, 6 draws & 1 loss) and the defence looks pretty solid. I’m hoping once the players get more used to it we will convert those draws into wins.

I haven’t really used the new tactic system so not sure how easy it is to get to grips with?

Yeah, nice OP.

I started a couple of days ago and may try OL in the full game as I'm having a total blast so far. Just beat AM 1-0 in the CL qualifier, what fun!

I am playing quite a few formations with the only constant being a firm DC-DC-DMC triangle and the fullbacks being quite attacking. The four variants are 4-3-1-2, 4-3-1-1 (each with three narrow MCs), a Mourinho-style 4-1-2-2-1 and a variation on this with two MC, an AMC and an AMR. The aim is to have the in-form players in their best positions and well-spaced around the field to take advantage of my opponent's weaknesses.

OL have quite a few good box-to-box players and so I always have one or two of these. I'd then typically have an advanced playmaker or attacking midfielder on 'attack'. The wingers are winger roles with attack duties, whether there's one or two of them.

Up front I tend to play Lopez (what a player!) as a complete forward and Gomis as a poacher. I have also signed Liedson but have only played one game with him so not sure what his best role is. He looks like a target man, but isn't strong enough; and he doesn't have the stats for a more creative type. Maybe another poacher, who can also use his head? I paid £4m for him.

My other signings are JM Vargas, who looks absolutely brilliant anywhere on the left (crossing 18 = really potent) and Hamsik as I wanted to replace Makoun with Toulalan. Makoun's head is not right, he moans and gets complacent and is pulling off a lot of 6.6's. Hamsik is looking really brilliant too, he just has 'it'.

I have a bit of money left and will probably go for a DC.

I don't know what people are saying about Govou being rubbish. I thought so too at first but his pace down the right causes so much danger for the opponents and he's the club captain and only club icon still in the team. He looks better than Bastos anyway, who is now backup to Vargas and Cissokho.

Finally, Lloris is already looking like a total legend!

Govou is not good enough though, he's not a winger or a striker but anyway it's each to their own. :thup: Glad you are enjoying the demo with Lyon. Lisandro is just too good. :cool:

Having made it to the end of October I'm guessing I haven't got too much more playing time left on my Lyon demo. I've had long enough though to have a head start for the full release, and have already set up a basic tactic which is working well. The results so far are going pretty well having only lost one game in 14, and the defence is looking pretty solid.

The slightly worrying thing is the lack of goals. We are creating loads of chances, but not putting enough of them away. Lisandro Lopez and Naldo have been immense so far.

My tactic is a straight forward 4-4-2 and I've pretty much worked out where I need to strengthen:

Goalkeeper - Solid enough here with Lloris & Vercoutre

Right Back - Three good players here, but will only keep two. Gassama is one for the future and will provide good backup. Of the other two Reveillere is a better defender than Clerc, so Clerc will be sold to generate extra funds.

Left Back - Need a first choice here, as in my opinion Cissokho isn't ready to start every week just yet. I like the look of Vargas (depending on the fee).

Centre Back - Cris is the only standout here, while Boumsong & Bodmer will provide good cover. Will need a partner for Cris and after his performances in the demo I will probably go for Naldo again. Anderson will be sold to generate more cash.

Right Midfield - Govou is good enough to start, but I will probably bring in a better player and use Govou as backup. My preferred option is Arda but will also look at Obasi, Barnetta, Afellay & possibly even Lavezzi.

Left Midfield – Great options here with Bastos & Ederson. Will sell Delgado as he isn't upto the standard of the other wingers.

Central Midfield - Again no problems here with Toulalan, Makoun, Kallstrom & Pjanic.

Striker - Lopez is brilliant here and will be backed up by Gomis and the very promising Tafer (already turned down a £5m bid from Barcelona!). Will still need to bring in a quality partner for Lopez. Rossi has looked decent in the demo but will also look at other options.

If anyone else has any suggestions let me know.

All that remains is to wait for the full release.

You should take a look at Suárez for the MR/AMR role, also look at Gignac he can be got for around 4-5Million and he's still good on FM. By the way look at Ecuele Manga, see what you think of him as a CB option (not necessarily first choice, but he's something different and could be a better squad option than Boumsong) but yeah, loads of possible options so don't mind me just randomly saying names. :D

Anyway, nice work Spike. :)

I paid £8m for Vargas and £12.5m for Hamsik. That's with say £500k up front and the rest over 48 months in each case - it's the demo so this is the only sensible option!

I'd say Govou and Bastos have similar stats but the latter has definitely been playing better.... hmmm.... better hidden stats perhaps?

Govou is quicker than Bastos though, I think, which means he can seem more affective and sometimes play alot better than his stats suggest, anyway he's a good bench option but for his wages (for me) he's not good enough to be a first team player.

£8M for Vargas? Bargain, even using monthly instalments. Personally I never use monthly instalments, not when the fee is big for the monthly instalments. Hamsik at £12.5 is also a good deal as-well. :thup:

I have decided come the full game I will create a 4-3-3 (Or a 4-3-2-1 more in shape) to reflect Lyon in real life.

Just rounded off the transfer window - signed Gamberini for £13m and Beckham for £1m just because I sold Anderson at the last minute and had the cash for a right winger. A great ploy to try in the demo if you ask me - will certainly provide a different option to Govou!

I think I am going to play the 'Mourinho' shape now as Kallstrom also just had a great game on the wing. I saw a thread saying that 4-3-1-2 was a great formation on this FM but I can't support two strikers and 4-3-1-1 just doesn't stretch the opposition enough. There are few better things in football than the raking cross to the far post where the winger rushes in to score.

Note Lyon scored such a goal tonight to make it 2-1!

Just rounded off the transfer window - signed Gamberini for £13m and Beckham for £1m just because I sold Anderson at the last minute and had the cash for a right winger. A great ploy to try in the demo if you ask me - will certainly provide a different option to Govou!

I think I am going to play the 'Mourinho' shape now as Kallstrom also just had a great game on the wing. I saw a thread saying that 4-3-1-2 was a great formation on this FM but I can't support two strikers and 4-3-1-1 just doesn't stretch the opposition enough. There are few better things in football than the raking cross to the far post where the winger rushes in to score.

Note Lyon scored such a goal tonight to make it 2-1!

Such a gem. :D

JoeCFC

A couple more right wingers to add to Hopey's suggestions:

Ibrahim Afellay

Aiden McGeady

Diego Perotti

Renato Augusto

Chinedu Obasi

Stephane Sessegnon

Purefun

Eden Hazard looks useful for a mid table side.

I need a new right winger and I have about £16million to spend, has anybody got a suggestion?

Loic Remy. :thup:

Doesn't look as good attribute wise as some of the other suggestions, but he does perform very well indeed. For me he has been superb, scoring a couple of important goals and creating 4 or 5 others for his teammates.

Beckham is on a one-year contract at £78,000 per week (!!). So far, one game, one assist.

Other right wingers to consider: Luis Suarez, James Milner.

Other players who are interested and my scouts said were good: Rodwell, D'Agostino, Rolfes, Papa... (Greek defender, young), Hernanes, Palombo, Rossi, Di Natale, Sandro, Veloso, Zapata, Cavani, Lavezzi, Pazzini, Riquelme....

Reading through this thread is really making me want to start a Lyon game, but I'm still leaning towards Hoffenheim at the moment.

In any case, how does Clement Grenier look in this game?

He was a bit of a star for my Swansea side in FM09.

Would be an interesting challenge this year to see if the 08/09 season was just a slip up, or if France truly is wide open again.

Saw Lyon play against Liverpoo, was a brilliant game and they thoroughly deserved the win. I would disagree with the original poster and say Pjanic is the key man, as he will develop into a real star (if the PA is the same from 09-10, which it should be).

Beckham is on a one-year contract at £78,000 per week (!!). So far, one game, one assist.

:eek: Too much for me.

Reading through this thread is really making me want to start a Lyon game, but I'm still leaning towards Hoffenheim at the moment.

In any case, how does Clement Grenier look in this game?

He was a bit of a star for my Swansea side in FM09.

Clément Grenier will be either very good or good, it of course depends on each save. He's still a very good prospect. :thup:

Would be an interesting challenge this year to see if the 08/09 season was just a slip up, or if France truly is wide open again.

Saw Lyon play against Liverpoo, was a brilliant game and they thoroughly deserved the win. I would disagree with the original poster and say Pjanic is the key man, as he will develop into a real star (if the PA is the same from 09-10, which it should be).

Key man for me is who is the key player at the start of the game, hence why Toulalan is mentioned; it was between him and Hugo. Which was a tough choice.

Just started up a demo game with OL looks like being a bit of fun.

So far I have sold Boumsong for 5m

Anderson for 2.5

Clerc for 3.7

Vercoutre out on loan for 375k fee

and sent Tafer out on loan

I have brought in Van der Vaart on loan 1.1m with 7.5m option

Begovic as backup GK for 600k

Milevsky for 15m over 36 months

Andrade on a free

Kjaer for 26m over 48 months

Di Maria for 2.9m which im thinking is an absolute bargain

Bernardo for 20m over 48 months - just wanted to see what he was like on this game as used to buy him every time on 09

Mollo in on loan looks the goods for this version.

Looking to get rid of delgado, possibly Govou although he was just MOM in my first friendly game and maybe ederson as well as i have enough cover on the left and at amc.

Playing a 4-2-3-1 asymmetric tactic for something a bit different seems to work ok atm and on a previous save with Milan.

beat the reserve 4-0 and won against Gueugnon 3-0.

Archived